CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> *yawn*

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Phieta Icon : (11 July 2016 - 07:55 AM) Who are you, and what have you done with Fluttershy?
Resize Shouts Area

*yawn*

Posted by Goto  Icon, 10 December 2007 - 03:30 PM

Sleeeepy, I should start going to bed earlier. bluetongue.gif

It's been a fairly uneventful week, enjoying not having to do too much. Getting pretty close to Christmas I guess, got no clue about what I want though. Well I guess I should probably pick up one of those charging stands for wiimotes, that'd be pretty handy. Trying to convince myself not to join the trend and buy a sword, it's not like I'd do anything with it anyway. I'm only tempted because of some of the geeky ones available. Stuff like Kadaj's Souba, Cloud's (mislabelled) First Tsurugi, or of course Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu. That's the site that Darkie got her viking sword from, by the way. The weird thing is that amongst all those swords and stuff they've got a BFG. eek7.gif

Catching up with a few friends on Wednesday, I'll have to try to swipe the rest of Gurren Lagann. I really want to see more of that. bluetongue.gif
Been having a lot of fun playing Mario Galaxy, truly a great game. I think I'm at 57 stars out of 120, only three short from the final boss. Still haven't tried about 20% of the levels though, and I suspect I'll be motivated to pick up all the stars, so it should keep me occupied for at least a while longer. If I had a complaint, it'd be how segmented the game feels. You're always following a very linear path to any particular star, and the game lets you know fairly well which way to go. I know it was a little like this in earlier games like Super Mario 64, but it's much more the case now. And although there's quite a few different powerups, they suffer from this even worse. You'll use the Bee suit a couple of times in the bee-themed galaxy, then almost never see it again. I think I used Boo Mario a total of once, which was in the Haunted Mansion-themed galaxy. It seems like they're introducing gameplay elements one at a time, but not really taking them further.
The gravity mechanics are innovative enough to pretty much sell the game right there, but it's a pity they didn't try to mix things up a bit more. Maybe they will in some of the later content I haven't seen yet, I really hope so.

In other news, I decided I'd try to learn Python, the programming language. Then again I said that more than half a week ago, downloaded everything I needed, spent an hour or two reading some lessons then haven't gone back to it since. I'm so unmotivated to follow through with anything. bluetongue.gif
It seems like quite a cool language, so I really should force myself to spend some more time with it. Like many other things, this decision was influenced by xkcd. bluetongue.gif

Night all.

0 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

There are no comments on this entry

Page 1 of 1

« December 2017 »

S M T W T F S
1011121314 15 16

My Blog Links

Last Comments