CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

JGJTan Icon : (05 July 2018 - 10:07 AM) So this has been a while! It's @jgjtan and @leftyy here having a nostalgia trip. We hope you all have been having a great time so far! Miss you, be back in another 5-10 years. (Or find me on social media -- it's not that hard.)
MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Resize Shouts Area

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

If You're Bored

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 22 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

Ahhh work was hell as boring! And so was school! My god today was so dull... but I'll talk about it anyway. :P

Today school was pretty lame. I had to bike because of work in the arvo and it looked really cloudy and was kinda raining and I had to take my clarinet. So I got to school and then when I had to go for my music lesson it bucketed down with rain which was completely insane. So I went to Music... to find out Andrew Hall (my teacher) was away today. So I brought my clarinet for nothing and I wouldn't have been able to get out of Physics. But then Mr. Botting needed me to find the performance tapes from last year for Music since they were going down to NZQA for moderation and he'd lost them and they were due in today! So I managed to find them... and Mr. Botting kinda got scary and gave me a hug and started praising me. So then he granted me permission to skip Physics after jazz band which was SO AWESOME!! And then the skies cleared which was even better!! :D

But work was sooooo boring. It was amazingly dead and I got heaps of stuff done and ended up abandoning checkouts and talking to Rebecca near the end. Seriously, there was nothing to do. But then at the end I was just talking to Shawn and stuff haha he's awesome as, always manages to crack me up. :P

Oh yeah!! It was so funny during Maths. Mr. Stowers now has the habit of keeping people behind if they ain't up to date with their homework and only 3 people had really done everything so we had to stay behind for 10mins and it was cutting into jazz band practice so I was like "Sir, me and Adrian have jazz band during lunch time. Can we stay in longer another time?" and he was like "... you'll owe me a whole lunch period on Monday" and I was like "Aww... we'll stay" so then at the end when time was just about up, Mr. Stowers was so funny! He was like "Ok then you jazz banders..." and me and Adrian were just about to pack up and then he was like "... one more minute" and we just cracked up. :P

SOCCER TOMORROW!! AND MUSIC!! Oh my god I'm so excited about it. I dunno why haha. :D

Oh and darn Gary. He's trying to convince me to make a bebo page and I think it's working... but I don't want to! Everyone uses it and I might get addicted. UGH. He even used reverse psychology on me and I fell for it. So I might make one shortly... :(

~ Jonny

Shawn: Jonny, you going to see the Transformers movie when it comes out?
Jonny: Uhh... maybe not... depends.
Shawn: Wait, what kind of movies do you like? What's your favourite movie?
Jonny: *embarrassed* I like Amelie. It's a French movie.
Shawn: Yeah I've heard of it. Wait. Don't tell me you're one of those artsy types at school.
Jonny: ... maybe.
Shawn: Oh dear god. Please don't start randomly hitting on me.

Filed in School, Winter 2007, Work

Here Comes Winter

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 21 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

Holy CRAP it's getting cold now. Well not just cold, irritatingly windy and wet. I can't really bike around anywhere without getting blown over or struggling to move five feet with heavy wind flying against me. I'm probably going to end up catching the bus all the time now because of it whenever I don't have work afterschool. I got work right after and according to mum there's gonna be rain and wind in the afternoon so I'm pretty much screwed since I have to bike if I want to make it on time. And I can't take the car because we just found out (after I drove to production rehersals) that the darn Warrent of Fitness has expired, along with the one for my dad's car. So I'm gonna have to put up with my darn bike. :sure:

In extremely amazing news, this girl I know through production likes the same music as me. We were just sitting down doing nothing during rehersals and I pulled out my iPod and started to listen to music. Then Tahi came along to see what I was listening to and it was Flyleaf and he was like "Ahh Jonny!" in disgust and later on when people were acting out their parts and I just put my iPod away, Tahi and Rebekah were talking. Then all of a sudden Rebekah screams out and then asks for my iPod going "YOU HAVE FLYLEAF?! OH MY GOD THEY'RE LIKE MY FAVOURITE BAND!!" and just took it off me and started listening to it. Talk about a wtf moment. So she kept getting excited when she looked over all the artists I had and every now and then there'd be something like "omg you have Mudvayne!!" or "RAMMSTEIN!!" along with "omg no way I love Taking Back Sunday! And System of a Down!" and I just kept raising my eyebrow. She looked like the type to be into pop music... she would be a perfect cheerleader if we had them over here, she definitely looks the part. So now she can't wait to get her hands on my iPod at the rehersal on Sunday. :P

Oh yeah, I'm actually doing stuff in Music now!! Ever since I found out that figured bass is in the exams (we're not meant to do it) I've been doing all my theory exercises. Like the other day I spotted a Level 3 paper on Theory Knowledge and stuff and I had a flick through it but I didn't know a lot of the terms so I went to Mr. Mayall for help since he's really really good. But then Mr. Mayall was like "... Jonny Tan, go get me a musical dictionary. God damn this paper is hard." so we spent ages going over the stuff. Then we got to figured bass at the end after hardly getting anything else right and I was like "I can do that!!" but I found out that I'm not actually supposed to do that bit in the test since it's part of an either/or question and it's the hardest thing around. So it seems I can't do all the "easy" theory stuff but the hardest question I can actually manage with ease. Seriously. That's just a *little* strange. :eek:

In other words, I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE WEEKEND NOW. I can't wait to go to Music classes on Saturday which is quite unlike me but now that I've actually done some theory exercises for homework I'm pumped up and ready for them to get marked!! Although Danny's gonna be picking on me again during band practice, he always like to do that which is funny. Like for this one song we're doing he was like "This piece requires soloists! It's gonna be a great blues piece so we need some strong soloists for this. Any volunteers? *silence* Thank you Tan!" and I was like "EHH??" and he goes "You blinked, that's good enough for me rang-a-Tan-Tan. Chop chop, everyone let's start from the top. Tan will play the solo first then..." and I was sooo annoyed but I actually pulled it off really well despite it being sight reading. But I need to practice for keyboard. I've gotten sooo slack with it and I can barely play Sad Songs (Say So Much) and Humoreske is just terrible. But after all my classes I get to walk to St. Johns for soccer!! I'm SO amped up!! :D

I think my weekend'll be awesome this time. Hopefully tomorrow'll be better than today. :P

P.S. The warmth!! And the smell!! The combination is so awesome.

~ Jonny

"Gentlemen, the historical accuracy of the movie 300 is just amazing. Dare I say, if you use the movie in your exam at the end of the year as your reference point, I shall see you in this class again next year, repeating Year 13 Classics." - Mr. Hassall

Filed in Friends, Life, Music, Winter 2007

Intro

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 20 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

Wohoo blog!! Yeah. I kinda stopped blogging for a while and I got lazy... but I'm starting again!! And I'll stick with the same theme for blog entry titles and that'll be songs! And blog endings which'll be quotes!! :P

I actually dunno where to start now... I had this whole massive plan for making a blog but I got kinda sidetracked and then I forgot what I was going to say. So now these entries will just be my random thoughts and happenings of the day, or days. But MAN am I tired. I'm kinda sick of work now but I need the money and I like it in a strange way. Well, it'd just be weird not working. I mean... it's like not going to school on a weekday. There's just an empty gap and you're like "... so... what is there to do..." and UGH it's just frustrating! MUST CRUSH NEWSPAPER!

I'm kinda also regretting doing the school production this year. I only wanted to do it for the social side of it... the play this year is just a shocker. It's called Children of the Poor and it's... bad. Set in 1906, Dunedin, New Zealand about a poor family struggling to survive. It follows the main character, Albany Porcello, through his struggle and eventual downfall into becoming a criminal. Basically, it involves one main character and a hundred other minor characters which have only one or two lines each and that's it. Seriously, it just sucks so much. Although I now look forward to practices because Ashleigh'll be there... it's so scary! She's just like me, only female. SHE'S SO DIRTY!! It's kinda creepy... but awesome at the same time. :P

Oh well, this is a short entry because mum wants me to go to bed. I'll blog better tomorrow after production rehersals, promise!! :D

Btw. OMG THE SMELL.

~ Jonny

Mr. Hassall: The other day I was taking my children to the video store to rent out a good movie or two and they always love to pick movies off the shelf.
But as children are, they became curious. They were never allowed to go into the mysterious room in the back section of the video store labelled "Adults Section" and one time they saw someone sneak into the room.
So they asked me, "Dad, what's in that back room?" and I said "Oh, you don't want to go into there. That's a very bad place to be" and they replied saying, "But Dad, a person went into that room just before."
So I said, "Children, anyone who goes into that room is not worthy to be deemed a person!"

Filed in Production, School, Winter 2007

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First