CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Phieta Icon : (11 July 2016 - 07:55 AM) Who are you, and what have you done with Fluttershy?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

In the Pretend World

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 17 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

Getting lost in your imagination is possibly the most fun and terrifying thing ever. It's so great to imagine so many things which could happen, yet then your mind can wander once you think of a bad thing and then it's all downhill from there. But it's a nice feeling, to be able to create your own outcomes from your actions and to not care. I like it. :P

So I think I'm starting to get lazy with blogging which is quite alarming. It's turning into once every second day, rather than everyday if possible.

Gosh. There are so many things I want to write but I know I can't and I'm not too sure how many times I've said it, but I know I'll keep saying it regardless. It's true though. I had a nice day and I'm pretty sure that's why. Gah. I want to talk about it so bad but I can't! It's just irritating! Someone mentioned it the other day and I felt like talking about it but I knew I couldn't because that would be silly and weird. But it's nice. It's nice. :P

Wow. I actually did not worry this morning about the Maths exam when everyone was fretting. I think it's because I knew I wouldn't get a good mark, let alone be assured I'd pass, so I was like "there's no point in stressing over something which I can't prevent" so I just went with the flow, and honestly, it was probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in a while. It ain't the thing I want to talk about of course, that would be silly. But it was great. Although I feel bad for some people who just worried so much. I didn't worry though, I just glanced over some things I wasn't sure about and then didn't care and it was good as. Came out knowing I did shockingly but it's all good, if I don't pass I don't pass. :D

And today was surprisingly relaxing. It was actually pleasant. Physics was probably the only real boring thing. Hardaker made us work in silence but it was okay, I just looked over my Spanish speech. Music I had a nice veg-out time in as I lay in the corner listening to my iPod and dozed off for a bit. I slept in Classics because we were watching that boring video on the Colosseum again and then English was surprisingly not bad, we talked about Katherine Mansfield for the period. Well, Katherine Mansfield's pretty boring but the lesson wasn't boring so it was real good. :)

One of the nice things happened during English anyway so that made me real happy. I guess also interval and lunchtimes are real nice as well because of the little things I seem to enjoy, like greetings with people or just having a nice laugh. I dunno, it's good to be happy I guess. I haven't been this happy for quite some time. Oh, the other nice thing happened after the Maths exam while I was walking to Physics. It was pleasant. I liked it. And yes, I'm just being annoying by speaking in a tone of voice like a character from Katherine Mansfield's stories. Oh, and The Bothersome Man, that's just plain awesome. :P

Man, being happy is awesome. I really REALLY haven't felt this good for quite some time. I can SO imagine I'll have like a major low in a day or two or something, it always happens. But I'll enjoy this for as long as possible, seriously. Oh crap. Damn. I just realized it's a Thursday tomorrow, which is like the worst day ever. Like half my mates bugger off to Future Problem Solving during lunch which irks me off since some of my happiness comes from there. And there's no English on Thursdays which makes it even more annoying. But at least next year I'll have History... UGH. I am such a mess. And desperate. But it's awesome. :P

Ahh I'm feeling so great. :)

~ Jonny

Connor: What do you think Jonny's weapon of choice would be if he had to kill someone?
Daniel: I reckon he looks like a knife person.
Me: Nah, knives are way too close and it's disgusting.
Ross: Pepper spray. It suits him. It's abstract, small, simple, and definitely would not kill someone.

Filed in Exams, Life, School, Secrets, Spring 2007

Almost Here

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 17 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

Argentina is only THREE MORE SLEEPS AWAY!! Everyone's getting so excited and it's going to be so awesome!! :D

But I'll start with my school day today. We got some of our test results back today from the exams we had all last week... I was happy with all of them (yes, even Maths despite failing) apart from maybe English. :)

First set of results came from Classics, because Mr. Botting didn't even take the test paper home over the weekend. He ended up making us all nervous by telling us he'd talk to us about some bits of the test before handing them back out. But before while passing by the previous class, Callum told me he aced the test, getting straight Excellences across the board and out of Art and Architecture and Aristophanes, he only got two marks taken off. So everyone was getting really nervous and then he got me and Lillis to hand out the papers... some were pretty amazing, and then I saw mine. Excellence, Excellence, Excellence. I was SO stoked at that!! Mr. Hassall said my Alexander essay was superb and that I made some very good points and I was so proud, amazingly enough even Shaun asked to read my essay and said it was good, since he did his on religion as well but only got Merit. But I was so happy. :)

Then we had English. Tension again, but not as much. And then she said no one failed which made everyone just sigh with relief. Merit, Achieved. Darn. I wanted at least Merits, but I knew that my essay on Julius Caesar was a shocker. Poetry was a definite Merit but my Julius Caesar was Achieved/Merit, since I needed analysis and all that... not to mention the fact I only used ONE quotation. Thank god for that, otherwise I could have failed. But she ain't handing back our A View From The Bridge essays because she still has to go through some of them and she wants to focus on our poetry and Julius Caesar essays first. :P

Mr. Matthews hadn't really even looked at our Spanish tests so that was kinda out of the question, instead we just talked about the trip... but I'll get to that afterwards.

MATHS!! Far out, I was so nervous. First, Mr. Stowers asked for us to tell him how many of the test papers we'd gone through, from 4 to 0. Most people had done like 1 or 2... I had done like less than half in my head so I rounded that up to 1, even though I shouldn't have, but I didn't want to be the only one who hadn't done any haha. And then he asked for how many hours we'd spent revising outside of class time, excluding times we'd get distracted or watch tv and stuff. So I said 2.5 hours which was like the average. And then he asked us for our estimated marks of what we think we got and that was just scary... most people knew what they got and were pretty close to what they thought. But I got REALLY worried since so many people he expected to get Bs and Cs and stuff were getting like in the 30% range and some even got around 20-25%. My god, I was really starting to worry. So I was last on the list and he just asked me... my guess was 15%. At first I thought "I think maybe 37% or 31%" but gradually as people called out their guess and he told them if they were close or off the target, I started to panic and my mark got lower and lower... but...

I got 38%!! I was so stoked!! Mr. Stowers was actually pretty pleased, despite the fact I failed, since there's room for improvement and I can definitely step up to the 45% mark which is a pass under the AS Level system. That made my day. :D

Oh and it sounded like Ross was dealing in drugs to Brennan today. Seriously, I won't be surprised. And if you're reading this Ross, it really did sound like you were planning to sell him drugs at your house afterschool or something. It was just dodgey as. :eek:

But we're all getting majorly excited about Argentina!! My bags are going to be full of clothes and I'm gonna be buying mum heaps of stuff since she wants stuff like handbags and shoes and stuff. So Mrs. Matthews is going to take me shoe shopping since we found out she and mum have the same sized feet... but it's going to be embarrassing as I go handbag and shoe shopping. But I'm really going to go nuts when shopping... it'll be SO GREAT. :D

Oh and Hayden is just funny. Me and him were just making all these comments on the bus ride and cracking up, since there was this one girl who looked REALLY scary. And then the girl opposite the scary one like basically stalks Hayden. Like, she knows where he lives and his name and she even started texting him and he doesn't even know her and she called out "Hey Hayden!!" while on the bus and it was scary as. But we couldn't stop staring at the scary-looking girl... it was kinda sad and rude, but Hayden wouldn't stop making comments and I was sad enough to crack up with laughter. :P

~ Jonny

*Hayden makes a comment and we both can't stop laughing*
Lloyd: Are you two talking about that girl over there? *points*
Me: *embarrassed* Uhh... haha...
Lloyd: You do realize that she's his cousin *points to his friend next to him*
*me and Hayden just stop and we're both looking like we're going to soil ourselves*
Lloyd: Just kidding!

Filed in Exams, Friends, Spring 2007

Smashed Into Pieces

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 13 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

BAD DAY. I'm basically in a foul mood at the moment and it's irritating and I hate everything. Yeah.

Y'see, I can always tell when I'm going to have a good or a bad day. Today was definitely bad. When I was gonna go to school, my car started being a cow to me again and the lock system wasn't being obedient. So I got annoyed and then it worked, so I drove to school. Then when I got there, NO ONE showed up until about 8.25am and that was Lillis for Biology and I got to school at 7.45am since I thought Norton and stuff would be there since he's got Biology as well. But NOO, only Lillis showed up then, and then everyone started turning up from 8.35am onwards. GRR.

And I felt silly because I was the only one waiting for Music. I could just imagine it, as soon as Mr. Robinson would call out "13 Music line up here", only I would be there and it would look weird because I'm only Year 12. But then Auryn turned up. YUSS. I didn't feel as lonerish anymore, so we just talked about the test and stuff. Like we were thinking it wouldn't be too bad since the practice exams were fairly straightforward enough, just identify chords and words every now and then. So Mr. Botting came to see us and tell us where our papers were so when Robinson called out for our class, it had grown in numbers. But both of us still felt silly because there were massive class lines on either side of us. :P

So we walked in and then sat down and started the test when everything was ready... seriously. I actually felt like crying during and after the test. There were three papers... ALL of them were nasty ones, since Mr. Botting said he was going to pick real hard ones. I thought he was being sarcastic and joking though... but he was telling the truth. Only the last paper was anything like what we'd been practicing with and even then, I spent 10 minutes trying to work out what the hell A, B, C# and D# could have been (in the end I settled for B7add9... so freaking obvious) and then moved onto the next chord which was even worse and the chord I thought it could be (after another 10 minutes) wasn't even an option, since it's a multi-choice paper from about 12 different options.

But for god's sake, those papers are NASTY. We had to even write our own harmonies for the pieces based on the chords and a few lines of the composer's harmonies for other bits of the song. And some of the chords they used were just insane, seriously, who the hell uses Bm-add11 to Em7add9 to Em-sus4 to D? We had to write two harmonies per piece and there were two papers for that... and then we had to write a melody for another bit and then identify the chord modulations and cadences. I HATE Music. I nearly did cry once I finished it. The first paper took me just over an hour to do and the second just as long...

And then when I got home, dad asked how the test was. So I told him how hard it was and how I almost felt like crying and how Mr. Botting told me once I asked about leaving early (see previous posts for reasons why I thought the test would be easy) that he'd make the test super hard. Dad just told me it serves me right for being cocky. Rage. I just RAGED it. I know I was being overly-confident over the test but that was because the only paper I'd had practice on was the last paper about chord recognition but Mr. Botting gave me easy ones to practice on and he saved the NASTIEST for the test. Holy crap, my dad can really be a dick sometimes. He then told me I should have kept my mouth shut, but I can't keep quiet if something seems easy, the teachers tell us to tell them if it seems to easy and to ask for more challenging things. Ugh.

So when MUM got back and I told her the test was a nightmare... "Oh no. Well, next time don't be over-confident." JESUS. I just spazzed it at my pillow. I told her the exact same thing as I told dad and she managed to understand, but then got all annoyed because I got angry. My god, sometimes I feel like hitting the wall or something. I'm only over-confident because I know I can do these things because Music's one of the few things I'm good at. Of course I'll have a breakdown if I can't do something I'm good at.

Seriously. Music was harder than Maths. That's how mean Mr. Botting decided to be.

What's even more annoying about today? Carl didn't get my text messages about how I can't have people staying overnight after drinks tomorrow because I have classes first thing in the morning on Saturday and my parents are having a garage sale. So then all our plans for drinks just collapsed so I tried to fix things up by finding a different place but Blair (lives down the road from me) can't have it tomorrow because he's gonna be out then. And there's no other place. UGH.

So yeah, I'm PRETTY annoyed right now. I even had the guts to ask Gary if he could get me two bottles of wine. GREAT. Now I have no one to drink them with.

Sometimes life's a {expletive Chuck Norris'd by Cspace} like that. I hate having bad days. When will my good days come long?

~ Jonny

*halfway during the exam, Mr. Botting checks up on us to see how we're doing, smiling happily*
Mr. Botting: How's everything going? Finished already, Auryn?
Auryn: *smiling and shaking his head* I think I answered about half the paper. Nasty piece of work you've got there.
Me: I hate you sir.
Mr. Botting: I know you do, I love this test so much.

Filed in Exams, Music, Spring 2007, Venting

Music Non Stop

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 12 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

... when I close my eyes. ARGH. I forgot to grab a dictionary of music today from the Music department so now I'm going to do crap in the exam tomorrow. I was planning on reading it tonight for italian terms but now I can't because I don't have one! I asked Mr. Botting if I could have my exam NOT in the hall because I hate the hall and I'll be done in like an hour and be sitting there doing nothing for another two. But then he said I wouldn't have any time (to read a book or listen to my iPod, that is, since I wanted to have it in the Music dept. so I could once I finished the exam) since the exam he's giving me is apparently real hard... he had this real happy smile when he said that. And he only smiles like that when he's about to do something nasty. :sure:

My god I'm hell as bored now just waiting for Argentina. I ain't gonna really study or do much prep for my exam tomorrow (last one!!) since I'll have 3 hours if I'm really that desperate and if it's as hard as Mr. Botting says. Actually, if it'll take me 3 hours then I wonder if Mr. Botting'd have an easy time doing the exam... :icky:

Eww we had Physics today. Spanish was a piece of cake and I went and bought Maccas afterwards (2 hour exams ftw!) since I had a gap between 11am and 1pm. Usually the exams are 3 hours but some are less than that, so I had to wait an hour for other people to come out. So I went and got McDonalds (no Cameron, I will not go to Burger King! It ain't close to Boys' High at all and I ain't driving all the way out to Hillcrest!) and came back and spotted David and Sean. Turns out their Accounting exam was only two and a half hours so that was all good, I just shared some fries with them. I also shared fries with Edward of whom I was talking to while walking from my car to the C block quad, and Brynn who was just wandering outside of class, since he's a Year 9 and in my tutor group. :P

But my god Physics was a pain. I picked up the worst paper to start off with first, since it was about Waves. Holy hell I've never seen more nastier questions. So after doing that in just under an hour (recommended time for that paper - 40mins) I got cracking on the others which weren't too bad... Electromagnetism was just stupid. The English used in it was a shocker and half the questions were terrible. The funny thing with NCEA is they try to apply all these questions (like Maths and Physics questions and stuff) to everyday things. So I enjoyed the paper as I read on a question about a lone electron sitting on the tip of an airborne plane. And then a poorly-worded question on god-knows-what, it was that bad. :eek:

So after having gotten out of Physics in one piece, I turned to look at everyone. Wow. I've never seen so many sombre faces in my life, even more than the Maths exam. Everyone's main whinge was about Waves of course, and then just random questions. It was funny as, me, Ross and Sean Jones were all sitting by each other. Sean then saw me and was like "Yuss I'm sitting next to Jonny!" and Ross was like "Hah I purposely sat by him!" and I was like "Awesome!! Now we can all fail together!!" and we high-fived each other. :P

But Hardaker wasn't helping in the exam as he always does. He kept pulling faces at me as he walked by where I was sitting and kept trying to glance at my test paper. :bleh2:

I'm so excited about Argentina!! And I'm keen as for some shopping, but I need to save up my money otherwise I'll have nothing at all. Gutted. I had to fill up some gas in my car and I can proudly say I am an expert at filling up petrol now. Last time I spent about half a minute trying to see why it wouldn't work with the guy at the counter watching me, and then I realized I had to lift it up. Afterwards, it took me another half to whole minute to see how to put the cap back on my tank. Turns out I was turning it the wrong way... :P

And GRR I'm annoyed. Sean O's GBA which he's letting me borrow for Argentina ran out of batteries last night as I was secretly playing Pokemon when I was meant to be sleeping. So I went to charge it... it uses an American plug. My god. I nearly had a psych. And we don't have any American converters in our house so now I need to steal someone's GBA charger for three weeks. I might ask Boris very kindly... he should part with it, since he said he'd let me borrow his GBA for Argentina before Sean gave me his. It's worth a shot anyway. :P

Far out I'm majorly bored. I need to find some more games to play... World of Warcraft is fun but I'm tired of farming for materials and running around aimlessly for quests and I'm waiting for Jake to play with me. I dunno why but it's hard to play Guild Wars now. The controls just drive me insane now since I keep hitting B and C for my backpack and characteristics, when it really should be I and K or whatever. And I click to swivel the screen and then I end up moving. SO irritating... :sure:

I might just go have a shower and then do some Music papers, I'm that bored. But I love Music so much. :)

~ Jonny

*while walking out of the hall after Spanish, we pass Mr. Kotze*
Me: *whispering loudly* Hi Mr. Kotze!! *waves*
Mr. Kotze: Aiyaiyai Mr. Tan, you're still here?? I couldn't tell because you weren't talking!

Filed in Argentina, Exams, Gaming, Spring 2007

This Fire

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 11 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

Holy crap, sometimes I forget how much I love some songs or bands... I was just all happy while singing along to "The Walking Wounded" by Bayside, then all of a sudden "Tir Nan Og" by Alcest came on and I just got such a surge of happiness inside and it made me feel even more happy than I was while listening to Bayside. I love Alcest so much... I think I'm going to create an awesomeness playlist a-- OMG. And right after that... "11 Dreams" by Mercenary. *dies* I swear I'm in heaven at the moment... :D

Ahh I can't stop thinking about these songs now... I'm definitely going to create an even cooler playlist than I currently have up now. And I'm going to listen to it for ages and ages and never stop listening to it... and I'm getting all warm and fuzzy on the inside about it. :)

And I just had a funny conversation with Peter. He's "studying" which is quite not like him, or so I'd think anyway. But he'd study. Anyway, so we just were talking and then he mentioned how I'm going to Argentina shortly and I got all excited... but then I got annoyed because I'd miss the WoWathon in the holidays. Yeah... that's pretty sad. But it's addictive. :(

Fail song. "Ides of March" by Silverstein isn't as good as everything else. Oh wait, it's "Smile in Your Sleep", my bad. Actually, it's a good song, I take back my previous comment. All of Silverstein is good. :P

The Maths exam today was SHOCKING. I thought I was going to do pretty average since I could answer a number of questions, including some hard ones, but then I missed out a whole page on Calculus because it was just too much for me. I thought I got the rotation of a curve around a line to create a solid question right... but now that I think about it, I think I got the formula mixed up. Although it was a pretty good effort I must say, since I don't even have the notes on it and I only remember the formula from Sam mentioning it one time in class. :sweat:

Oh and I handed in two of my Music practice papers to get marked... I got ONE question wrong in the first one, achieving 95% all because me and the teachers were confused about one chord. I originally said Bb9sus4 or something but we were shakey on it since it was a weird chord, but then I changed it after the teachers started explaining some stuff... and it ended up being Bb9sus4. ARGH. And then the second paper I got 75% all because I mixed up one chord and that threw off four other questions. I hate bursary sometimes... :sure:

"Be My Escape" by Relient K is pretty good... but the list has been thrown off by "Fragile" by Lacuna Coil. I like the song but the introduction which kinda sounds Egyptian always makes me wince. I like the rest of the song though, it's really awesome. Actually, I like this song too. Just not the intro. :P

I'm SO tired though. I told mum Maths went bad and she got all worried, and now she wants me to study EVEN MORE for Physics because it's my weak subject, but I've already studied heaps for it. I can't exactly study 24/7, I'm not like that. :sweat:

Argentina is going to be SO AWESOME. Although Ashley just told me that Aerolineas or whatever we're traveling on doesn't have screens in the back of the seat... only one gigantic screen at the front for each part of the plane. Great. So now I might actually have to take my iPod along, although I'm worried I'll lose it or it'll get stolen or I'll drop it over a waterfall since I'm that clumsy. I might take my small 256mb mp3 player if I have to, although listening to the same songs over and over again could get really irritating. But we got our GBAs for Pokemon on the plane so it won't be too bad!! Actually, I'll probably just talk for most of the flight since I LOVE talking and planes and small places are best for talking. Although I'm claustrophobic and have trouble breathing while adjusting to different altitudes so I might be out of commission for the first 20-30mins. :P

And GRR. I'm so annoyed. I think I got home too late because I haven't seen Jake and I feel I need to talk to him! :sure:

Speaking of teddy bears, I haven't talked to Camille in a while. I think I'll text her tomorrow between my Spanish and Physics exams. :)

Gosh, there are so many things I want to say but I really can't say them!! *whinges* I've been whinging a lot more than usual which is fairly odd, I have no idea why to be honest. It's just really odd. Oh and I saw Tom during the Maths exam today!! Although I don't think he noticed me when I blurted out a "TOM!!" and walked past. :(

Oh. And I tried not to laugh when one of the answers I wrote for Maths was <3. Although afterwards I realized it was wrong and had to change it to <-3. :(

~ Jonny

*while playing WoW, I listen to other guild members talking*
Tams (leader): I'm so annoyed at Nick! It's our one month anniversary after getting married and he's celebrating it by PvPing. Without me!

Filed in Exams, Argentina, Life, Music, Spring 2007

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 10 September 2007 - 07:30 AM

I was actually going to blog about something but then I remembered so many people know about this blog so I'll keep it a secret. :P

But one terrible habit I have is I'm a shocking stalker. I'm just staring at our exam timetable and my mind usually always just wanders as it does, and then I randomly thought about a friend. And then I realized I ain't too sure of what exams he still has to take and I want to talk to him, so I've managed to deduce a number of times and I'll go from there. I'm pretty sure he has one in the afternoon tomorrow. Yes, I am a terrible stalker, just like how I searched bebo for 2 hours with my keyword being "Morrinsville" until I found Nathan's page, and how I randomly remember bits of information about people when they tell me things off-handedly and store it away. I begin to stalk people when I get bored. :P

Anyway, enough about that (for now)! Classics was the BEST today! I was going hard out before school since I was still shakey on Alexander so I went in with everyone else and we all just sat down, then people started trying to peer at the test paper without the teacher seeing. Callum then was like to me "Jonny, an Alexander topic is about the Macedonians." Crap. Worst topic EVER, I know squat about the Macedonians. Then people started whispering saying the Pont du Gard was in it and I was just inwardly celebrating, then Narayan whispered to me that Trajan's Column was in it. Awesome. But there were two more Alexander topics which were yet to be found out, screw the other image for Art and Architecture.

So I was actually praying for Alexander and Religion, like, literally praying and people kept looking at me. Carl told me that was the one no one wanted so I just poked my tongue out at him. Ross was just cracking up at me wishing for religion. Callum then was like "yuss, there's one on his military!" and I was like thinking holy crap I'm only average at that. So I was praying for Religion or the Greeks since I surprisingly enough knew about that... then...

"There's a question on his religion!"

I just actually screamed out a big "YES!!" in joy and people cracked up, then laughed at Grant's comment. I was so stoked so once the exam started, I went straight for Aristophanes. The questions were pretty good for Aristophanes and I managed to answer everything and that took up two pages and roughly 40mins. So then I moved on to Art and Architecture and whizzed through that, completing two pages answering the questions on the Pont du Gard and Trajan's Column. Originally, like many people, I looked to do the Theatre at Leptis Magna but then immediately switched to Trajan's Column because the questions for the Theatre were just hard out. So that all got done in 20mins so I basically had 2 hours to do Alexander which was awesome. Mr. Hassall told us ages ago that we should try complete Aristophanes and Art and Architecture as soon as possible, but accurately, so we have plenty of time for Alexander. :D

I can see why he said that. I wrote up a plan to structure my essay on Alexander's attitude to religion and his own divinity and that took 20mins to craft and filled up a page. I then required more paper so I asked Mr. Johnson for another piece of paper and Narayan started to quietly complain to me and Ross gave me the evils, since he was just lying down having a nap. What's-his-face (crap, I don't usually forget names) on the other side of Narayan was just smiling at me and then I started to write my essay... basically everyone 10mins I was asking for another piece of paper and people started getting annoyed at my consumption since hardly anyone else was asking for paper, apart from people like Ethan, Carl, Callum and stuff. :P

So when Mr. Hassall came in at 11am to swap with Mr. Johnson, I was going hard out with my essay and he sat down and started reading something. My hand then shot up but Mr. Hassall didn't notice. So I started getting nervous because other people (who had finished) were just silently trying not to laugh and Kyle just told me to call out so I was like "Umm sir, can I have some more paper?" and he was like "Oh certainly Jonathan!" and gave me 3 more pieces, but I only used up 2 more. I finished with 20mins to go and just looked around and there were only a few other people writing... I ended up writing 4 and a half pages on Alexander's attitude to religion and his divinity when quite a number of people had only written something like 2 pages, 9 in total. Daniel beat me though, he wrote some insane number of pages. :(

My god I'm so annoyed though, I really swear I'm going to actually fail this Maths test tomorrow. There's SO much to cover and I'm having a hard time studying, because I keep getting sidetracked. I've covered 8 topics of the Pure Maths... out of like a million. Maths is so lame. :(

ARGENTINA NEXT WEEK!! I am SO EXCITED!! I'll be able to forget about stuff like Maths and Physics and tests and just relax, chill, and shop in Argentina!! :D

Omg I just had dinner and forgot to post my blog, but... EWW EWW I ate a bit of squid!! The veges were wrapped around it and you can't really tell what you pick up half the time with chopsticks so I just picked up the mass of veges thinking I'd gotten rid of all the squid mum put in and EWW it was DISGUSTING. I just sat there for about 10 seconds trying not to take another bite and just swallowing everything whole. Eugh. The only seafood I can enjoy is fish. :sure:

~ Jonny

*after having finished my essay, William and Jordan can't stop laughing and snickering behind me*
Me: How come you guys keep laughing?
William: Been through enough paper yet, Jonny? We were waiting for you to ask for another page.

Filed in Exams, Myself, Spring 2007

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

Adrian, stop reading my blog!! It's embarrassing so stop it!! But shame, at least I've written so much it'll get tiring! :D

I've decided to record all my blog entry titles to a notepad list because I'm never too sure if I've used the title before or not. And holy hell I never realized the list was so long... I need to not blog as much, but that'll never happen. Actually it's kinda funny. When I look at the list of blog entry titles, I can tell when I've had a period of good days or weeks or terrible ones since I can remember plenty of the entries or just a vague summary. Like 4 bad entries in a row then a whole bunch of good, then one or two bad then a few good, then a whole major lot of bad. :P

Anyway, I'm hard out studying now. I ended up getting distracted this morning... and maybe afternoon, since I got up at 7.30am. I've got a nasty habit of waking up at that time or earlier on weekends and I can never get back to sleep, so I just hopping on my computer and decided to have a little bit of fun and play some World of Warcraft, since I thought I'd be on early and Jake'd be on. So I hopped on MSN and WoW... darn it, he was away. For two hours! Watching television!! Haha it's all good, I had fun questing around in Duskwood and picking up heaps of silk for tailoring and loads of enchanting materials. :)

I was planning to study hard out for Classics but I guess I got distracted once he came back since he decided to help me with random things and I didn't hop off WoW (I had a shower and breakfast and the usual mind you!!) until just before 4pm... and didn't start studying until about 5pm. I can see why Carl and Mitch and Lillis and stuff didn't play 5 aside soccer so they could study instead, I was knackered and power napped yesterday and had to catch up with my WoW today so yeah. I managed to do some more of Mrs. Redpath's awesome style of taking notes and applied them to the Art and Architecture paper for Classics. I got distracted AGAIN after about half an hour and then had dinner... basically, I've only really done study on that. But Aristophanes won't be hard since we've done so much practice in class on it (thank you Mr. Hassall!!) so I'll be sweet for it. :)

I Managed to get study pages done for Philip the Arabian, the Bust of Commodus, the Pont du Gard, Trajan's Column, the Theatre at Leptis Magna and Hadrian's Baths, although I'm praying that Hadrian's Baths won't be in the paper along with the Temple of Bacchus. Basically, I've thought that I could study 6 of the 7 images Mr. Hassall told us to study, since we'll be given 3 images (one easy, two hard - usually that's the case) and we choose two of them. Hadrian's Baths and the Temple of Bacchus are the hardest in my opinion so I chose to study whichever looked the easiest and if both of them get chosen, then I'll choose the one I've studied. Neat plan, eh? :D

But CRAP. I am SCREWED for Alexander if the question doesn't revolve around aspects of his religious nature or a few of his military battles which I've studied. I dunno, for some reason I just find religion one of the most fascinating topics anyone can think of so as soon as I got the Alexander book back when he was handing them out, I just read and studied his religion hard out and nothing else. And I studied some battles for one of the tests he gave us about the battle of Issus (barely). Actually, come to think of it, aside from his religion I know NOTHING about Alexander. I'm really going to have to make up so much stuff in this test, so much that Mr. Hassall will probably be even more disappointed in me than he currently is. And he believes me to be one of his great students, or so he used to think before the tragedy of my Socrates essay. :sweat:

Thinking positively, yesterday was so much fun!! We had 5 aside soccer all day and our team (The Exec$) dressed up in suits and basically played our opponents in them. Although we didn't have a great turnout, since so many people dropped out of the team because of exams, so there was only me, David, Callum, Tahn, Sean and Craig. We won two games and lost two, and ended up losing out whatever the last game you call is, so we didn't make it to the finals, but we did a brilliant job if you think about the fact that we were playing in suits all day and we only had one substitute player. :D

It was kinda annoying, since after our four division games we were meant to have an hour break so me, Callum and Sean went off to Burger King for lunch. We managed to get back in half an hour and we sat down and started eating... and then all of a sudden we were told we had to play. Wtf? Everyone was confused and us three felt like crap since we'd just had food and immediately had to play soccer. Thankfully David and Craig didn't go anywhere so we had a team of 5, but Tahn had buggered off somewhere since we'd all thought we had an hour, but managed to get back just after we started. Needless to say we all played like crap and Morrinsville thrashed us. :P

But we looked damn good. Most of the people there even thought we looked pretty sharp, since heads kept turning when we'd walk by and we played well despite our handicap. Even the captain of the Morrinsville team yelled out "Yeah Boys' High!" when we were playing at one point. Oh and Mr. Leach brought his suit along as well, although it didn't make the cut because he only brought the coat and he didn't have a white dress shirt and a tie. But South came along to support us and he was dressed in his suit as well and it was awesome!! Something else amusing was that Adrian was watching us between his games (each game was like half an hour with a half hour break between matches) and every now and then he'd go "DREAM TEAM!!" and we'd reply with a "... shut up" as a piss-take since a lot of the Netcafix users always get annoyed whenever the Dream Team (regulars) always yell it out. :P

And omg, I recognized so many people there but the most embarrassing was the first team we played: Hillcrest. I knew I recognized two of their players from somewhere but I wasn't too sure... then I remembered: Bjorn's party. Crap crap crap... so I tried to hide but it was impossible then one of them (I'm pretty sure his name's Matt but this is going back to last year) was like "Hey... aren't you Jonny? Yeah, you were at Bjorn's party, the guy who steals everyone's alcohol!" and my god I turned SO red. But it was a good match and they're nice guys and would wave and say hi everytime they'd pass us with their couch (the two Hillcrest teams were alternating ownership of a couch between matches). :P

Oh and everyone will be disappointed to know that Nathan wasn't there. Yes, I know, it was a tragic event. :cry:

After soccer, I basically crashed. I was SO sunburnt on the cheeks and majorly tired so I had a shower after eating something and then lay on my bed. We ended up not having band practice thank god since Conor was in Raglan and Bill was apparently working. Tim came around to my place though to FINALLY pick up his bottle of bourbon from way back (see blog entry - Over the Hills and Far Away) and then I washed mum's car since dad was upgrading everything on my computer (he said he basically took everything out and gave me faster and better bits - I dunno the specs though, I forgot how to find them out) and once I did that I power napped until like nearly 8pm. Then I got no study done because I decided to play some WoW because I knew I was too tired to do a good job of studying. :P

Wow, my life is pretty tragic at the moment when it comes to exams. I'm really only going to pass two of the three Classics papers tomorrow. I don't even want to think of Maths the day after on Tuesday. :eek:

And just as a reminder to my self, today was the day something very personally significant happened. It was nice, as quoted from The Bothersome Man. :)

~ Jonny

Mr. Hassall: Now Jonathan, I hope you can answer this fascinating question I have. I was talking to my previous class, as I always do, about how well my students are going. I mentioned Matthew and how wonderful he is going with Alexander, Narayan of course I said was picking things up and going along very nicely. And then I mentioned how well you are going with your studies. And some students just laughed! *Matt, Narayan, Connor and Daniel try not to laugh at this* Can you please tell my why they might laugh? I hope you're not misleading me about how well your studies are going!
Me: Uhh of course not sir, don't listen to them, they're just being silly.

Filed in Exams, Gaming, Life, Soccer, Spring 2007

Beyond Redemption

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 07 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

I just had the scariest, most embarrassing and flustering day of my life today. My English class now knows about my blog! :eek:

There's actually two parts to it, which is quite amusing if you look at it from an outside perspective, but freaking frustrating in my boots. I managed to get rid of the majorly bad blog entry but I'm too lazy to remove heaps of other bits from other entries since there's too many and it'll take ages. My pride can withstand that much embarrassment. :P

So I was studying in the Music department for the English exam and I texted Cal to go there if he got there before noon, since I was planning on running out and surprising Matthew and Carl since they were having their History exam upstairs. So he came in and offered me some of those really good chips from down the road... and then I couldn't concentrate on studying anymore. It was SO bad since I was going hard out and really good with my studying and then it all disappated since I just had a mind blank from the first chip. :sure:

We ended up just talking for a while, eating chips every now and then, and then I heard people coming down the stairs so I just ran out... and only Carl was there. GRR. It seems Lillis was sick or something so that kinda ruined my whole enthusiasm. But I saw Carl anyway. GRR. Carl. Don't have a grumpy face next time, it looks bad and you shouldn't worry so much. :P

Anyway, Carl joined me and Cal in the little recording studio area and we just talked and attempted study and stuff. Then Callum decided to go on the internet on one of the computers and started looking up the poems. First he went to check up on Ozymandias on Wikipedia... then he searched for the poem about a Small Fly (see how I avoid using the full name?! That's how paranoid I am now!) and he started to laugh... so me and Carl looked closely... the 6th link down just so happened to be titled "Tanny's Blog - There For You" and I just flipped. He then decided to do a more specific search and it was the 3rd link, then he just did the whole title and mine was first on the list. GREAT. So I just screamed and got all worried and made Carl and Callum to not click on the link because of how embarrassing it would be (I couldn't remember what that entry was about at the time). So we then went outside since I spotted David and Sean heading towards where we usually hang out and we walked towards them and just chatted about stuff. And I made sure that Callum and Carl would not breathe a word about the discovery, but then...

Seung Kwon came along. And he just looked at me and said "Do you know what? I was studying on poetry last night so I went to Google search about the Small Fly and it just came up with this random as link to something by Tanny." By that time, as soon as he mentioned Google search about the poem I just started to talk loudly and overpower his voice and Callum and Carl just couldn't stop cracking up. I got SO annoyed. And then EVERYONE wanted to know what it was and Seung Kwon told them... and he said that I was pretty much attacking Redpath in that post. My god. I just went nuts as soon as I realized which post it was. The worst post in the world for anyone in my ENGLISH class to find out. AAARGH. So now everyone knows about this blog and I have to watch what I say now. Well, not really, I don't really care. :P

The funny thing was, Cameron then turned to me and said "I think you should blog about this" and I was actually thinking that at the time. That's how sad I can be sometimes when it comes to blogging... but bloody hell, I couldn't stop thinking about it once I finished the English exam and I raced home and immediately replaced the entry (I still have a copy of the original post on my computer, this blog's more to keep a history for me so I'd hate to lose any post, even if it WAS pretty bad...) since everyone was saying they were going to Google for the entry as soon as they god home. :sweat:

It's kinda funny because my blog view count skyrocketed between the time I got home and about an hour after that. And at one point, while checking the number of people viewing the blog list and my blog, it was 23. Far out, people need to find something better to do than to find embarrassing statements by me on the internet. :P

Oh and it's weird, but Lillis didn't turn up for the English exam either. So now I'm worried... his headache from yesterday must have gotten REAL bad. :(

And that reminds me! I got SO pissed off during the English exam because my black pen ran out of ink just as I finished my poetry essay, then my blue pen ran out halfway through my Julius Caesar essay so I had to switch to my screwdriver pen and that was pretty much giving out by the time I was finishing off the essay on A View From The Bridge. If that pen ran out, I'd have had to have written with my red pen. Thankfully I managed to squeeze ink out of my darn screwdriver pen so it was all good. :sweat:

BAH. I couldn't get the Argentina bags today because apparently we have to now pay the $300 before we obtain the bags. And I was planning to see what I could fit in the bags... and the clothing list is just ridiculous. I hate blue jeans. And they expect me to bring along two pairs of casual shorts. I don't even think I own any pairs of shorts which can fit me, since my togs don't count. I'm just going to bring my black jeans and extra long pants and there's nothing they can do about it. But seriously, the number of things they want us to take can't possible fit in the tiny bags we had especially made for the trip. :eek:

Got 5 aside soccer tomorrow!! It'll be good as, then we got band practice at like 5pm!! I still have to find out where the hell Tim's place is since I've never heard of the street before. But soccer's going to be awesome in our suits... I just gotta practice wearing my tie, since I forgot how to tie one AGAIN. I swear I tied them perfectly during production, but lack of practice has made me forget which is lame as. And I gotta find out where Jansen Park is... but apparently it's on the way to Morrinsville. MORRINSVILLE. NATHAN!! Haha, yeah, I couldn't help it, I just had to say that. :P

And you'll have noticed I don't care about all you people reading my blog now! I'm still sticking to writing whatever I feel like so nyeh. Just don't tease me when we go back to school. :P

~ Jonny

Seung Kwon: Oi, is there anyone else still writing?
Me: *looks around* I think Mitch is, I can see him there.
Seung Kwon: My god, what is there to even write about?!

Filed in Exams, Life, School, Screwed, Spring 2007

Page 1 of 1