CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

JGJTan Icon : (05 July 2018 - 10:07 AM) So this has been a while! It's @jgjtan and @leftyy here having a nostalgia trip. We hope you all have been having a great time so far! Miss you, be back in another 5-10 years. (Or find me on social media -- it's not that hard.)
MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

I Got A Feeling

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 19 October 2007 - 10:36 AM

So today was a really nice day. Well, semi-nice. There were lows but everything became good shortly after. Like for instance, Mr. Hall (clarinet/saxophone teacher) was away today and I really wanted a lesson because I didn't want to go to Maths so I asked Mr. Botting if I could hang around and watch the Year 11 Music performances (since Regan wanted me there) and he let me so that was awesome. :)

I really liked Alex's group performance despite the fact it was screamo. It was actually a good screamo song and they'd composed it themselves which was even awesomer. Really, it sounded good as! And it was kinda funny because after the performance, I double high-fived Alex and then just chatted and stuff and he said he had a majorly bad headache because of the performance and I was like "OMG!!" because it just so happened that I'd stocked up my panadol supply in my bag and I gave him some!! I felt so awesome, yet it was kinda weird for others since I had panadol in my bag. :P

And it's kinda funny, because I don't just hang out with Year 12s, as in people of my age. I'm friends with a number of Year 13s and quite a lot of Year 12s so I hang out with everyone when I can. It's why I kinda like the Music department at school, (mostly) everyone's really nice and easy to get along with so if I ever feel like a change, I can just hang out with some of them. But it doesn't help that it looks like everyone's older than me since I'm so tiny. I constantly have to remind newcomers (if they haven't seen me or know me already) that I am in fact 17 which is kinda amusing but also frustrating at the same time. And it was hilarious in Physics today. At the end of class, people were measuring how tall they were by the rulers taped to the doorframe. So I just was like "OMG MEASURE ME!!" since I'm like a foot shorter than heaps of people in class...

I still haven't grown for a few years. I'm still 159cm. :cry:

Next week's going to be so awesome!! We got a day off on Monday since it's Labour Day, Wednesday is a half day due to the PPTA Union meeting in the afternoon (teachers striking because their contracts have expired for decent wages and now they've gone back to being crappy) and then on Friday it's mufti day. Yay I'm so excited! :)

But I really REALLY want to hang out with mates now. I'm still not used to not having everyone around at night or doing stuff all the time and it's driving me insane. I want to go out walking or just relaxing with mates late at night yet I don't think many would even like the idea, since it wouldn't involve alcohol or parties. I just feel like relaxing and conversation without anything else. I miss everyone. I miss Jackson's hair-flicking, Cam's constant guns jokes, Edward's... just him? Matty's raging hormones... Sean, Cory, Macky... everyone really. I miss being able to be with everyone for days even though I know I'd be sick of it after a while. I at least talk to Hayden frequently and Sean seems to be hanging out with Conor and Solomon now so I always see him around, but it's still lacking in people. :(

That's why I like to rush out of English as fast as I can now, because the Year 11 Spanish class is on when I have English so if I'm quick enough, I can catch everyone leaving. I enjoy saying hi to everyone, shaking hands, dishing out high-fives and giving people hugs. It's nice. :)

~ Jonny

Mr. Matthews: *after Mark's speech* That was very good, however there's one thing I must point out. Devolver means to vomit, alongside to return an object. So it made for an interesting sentence. So you enjoyed the restaurant a lot... and wanted to vomit.

Filed in Friends, Myself, Post-Travel, Spring 2007

Walking Off A Cliff Again

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 18 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

I am sooo psychic. I had my crash today and I was ready for it to happen anytime so it wasn't as bad, pulled through most of it in the end. :P

But really, I had an interesting conversation with Blair today. He wasn't very happy today because of some personal issues so I tried to cheer him up and just talked to him. And that made me think of a few interesting things (yes, I know I repeated the word interesting but I'm way too lazy at the moment to think of another word).

Me and Blair were discussing whether it was all right to be unhappy around your mates. I know I do it a hell of a lot of times but I try not to and I balance it out by being all excited and cheerful. I'll try to be anyway if I ain't feeling too well, just to not let my friends worry. Blair was sitting in the corner by himself away from everyone else and listening to his iPod, so I just went over to cheer him up a little. I know he didn't want cheering up (since he said he enjoyed having depressing moments so he could be by himself - he even said he was trying to be depressed and me being there kinda killed it making it happy) but in the end I got him semi-smiling since I managed to distract him from the issues. But the question is...

1) Is it all right to be depressed among friends? I argued (well not really, more playfully, not like hard out yelling of course) that if you were depressed, one should keep up a happy face to mask one's sadness so that others don't worry. I mean, personally, I believe it's better for less people to be upset, hence the idea of "bottling it in" so that other people aren't concerned. It's better to carry the burden alone so others don't have to share it. But then of course that's hypocritical of me since I'm pretty much made of empathy. And then Blair replied by asking me who was caring about him being down? Aside from me, there was no one else taking notice. I know Carl turned to look to Blair, but then I think he knew to just leave him alone. So that brings...

2) Why don't other people care? I mean, they might acknowledge that someone's down, but does anyone help that person out? Surely people should care. Mr. Steel told me that I'm a rare kind of personality and person. I'd gotten really upset about a decision I'd made (to the extent I didn't want to eat or talk to anyone) because in a way it was selfish and it had made another person upset. I had a valid reason (him and Maurice had realized that) for my actions however I'd gotten too stressed afterwards over what I'd done which had made things worse. Therefore I got more upset over the matter (even when the "victim" came in to say everything was okay) because Sam (the freaking idiot) had made me think otherwise. So all the guilt and unhappiness just got worse and I just lay there on my bed.

And then Mr. Steel came along to have a talk to me to tell me everything was okay and that I was a very empathic person. I shared the feelings of other people around me to ease the burden, and in cases like this, I took on the burden of emotions which other people had cast aside (no one else was caring - they all told me to get over it and that I shouldn't care about the other guy's feelings) and put them on myself as penance, or to make myself to a certain extent "feel better" by having guilt and empathy for the other person. He said that it's a great characteristic to have, however the pain is great and on such young shoulders it cane be immense. Then he rambled on about growing up and experiences in life so I kinda got bored since he does that a lot.

But seriously, why don't people care? Why don't people feel a tinge of regret or a bit of sadness if they see someone upset or in an unfortunate situation and don't stop to help, but keep on going? No one seems to care at all and I can't understand why. People should feel a wave of emotion if they see someone who isn't happy. They should care a little on the inside if they see someone all alone and can't help due to social restraints. They should feel regret for a person on the streets and feel shame and sadness for that person, for lying there without anything and for being inflicted with misfortune in life. Yet people don't. Some do, but a rare few and it's shameful.

~ Jonny

Mr. Hassall: Ahh a false fire alarm. How pointless to have wasted time going outside for nothing. But of course it's all in your best interest to be safe and standing outside in the light rain is better than a fire.
Jordan: I didn't see you outside sir, did you come out of the class?
Mr. Hassall: Of course not. I stayed for as long as possible to keep an eye on all your bags so that no thieves would come steal your belongings. And it's raining outside.

Filed in Friends, Musings, Myself, Spring 2007, Venting

Welcome Home

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 October 2007 - 02:55 AM

Gosh, it feels weird to be home. My nipples feel deprived as there's no Matty Cameron around to constantly grab them. Haha, jokes! Well, sort of. He does have a darn good nipple radar installed in his brain, it's pretty scary. :P

So it's great to be back in New Zealand again! I really don't know where to begin or what to say really. I had an awesome time but it's damn good to be back. It was super awesome and everyone was happy and excited at the start but towards the end, everyone was pretty much getting crabby at everyone (sorry Callum!!) and itching to see and hang out with other people. Really, you could see people who were the best of mates at the start of the tour end up hanging out with other people and hating each other yet still being good friends. I definitely had rages at others throughout the tour, none were very pretty. Some were even at Mr. Steel and Mr. Matthews, directly to their faces. :eek:

I took some pretty mean photos! Once I organize them, I'll upload them and post them somewhere. I won't post some photos of people just to be nice to them (even though they have no idea my blog exists) but I might if the photo is majorly awesome enough. Apart from Adrian. I ain't too sure if he still reads my blog and if he does... STALKER. ADRIAN, YOU'RE A STALKER!

We encountered so many funny things on the trip though. Even without leaving New Zealand, Callum found a vending machine selling "Nobby's" with the ever-so-stunning catchphrase "Nibble Nobby's Nuts!" which definitely earns hilarity points. Other interesting things such as a giant billboard with the word FAP on it and an ice-cream called Touch Me. We also managed to pass a police station which was a tiny little excuse of a building and Hernan, the best tour guide in the world. He says the most funniest things, one of which was a comment about the driving skills/tactics of Argentineans. "Does anyone feel like playing a game of Tetris?" :D

Speaking of terrible driving, holy crap. I now have respect for my mother's driving skills. People in Argentina are TERRIBLE. The taxi I was in one time didn't stop for red lights and kept on going and when he slowed down to brake (which was rare), he would put on his hazard lights and forgot to turn them off half the time. My host mum wasn't any better, she nearly drove on the wrong side of the road at one point and her method of braking involved changing gear to neutral (most cars in Argentina are manual, I never saw an automatic but apparently there are some but they're way too expensive) without slowing down and slamming on the brake at the last minute. And she completely ignored red lights and stop signs, even if cars were coming. :eek4:

Oh and DULCE FREAKING DE LECHE. My god. That stuff tastes really nice at first but after a while, it's so damn rich and sweet it's disgusting. I wouldn't mind eating it every now and then but seriously, it's EVERYWHERE in Argentina. You cannot avoid it. It's basically what the name is: sugar and milk. But it's like caramel and stuff. Nice but deadly. Nearly everyone was sick of it after the first week, if not the first few days. :P

Although it kinda sucked, because I went to Argentina with a cold and then lost it after a few days, but then gained another one the night before going to Mar del Plata and I'm pretty sick now. I bet I caught it from Matty, I knew I shouldn't have been with him the night before. I mean, whoops, you weren't meant to know that. Haha jokes! Although Matt's pretty dodgey sometimes, like REALLY dodgey and it's gross.

I made a heap of new friends from the class below us though. Like Sean and Cory and Hayden (already knew him before the trip though) and Edward and Matty and Patrick and pretty much everyone. Apart from Nathan, I tried to avoid him like the plague. Not soccer Nathan, creepy Nathan. He creeps me out. He looks like freaking Freddy Kruger and he has the evil stare to go with i. Seriously, there must be something wrong with him. Conversations with him make one shudder or just make one want to hit him or glare and his awful leather jacket and hat don't suit him at all. And that day while he wore his raincoat... my god, his stare could have made little children cry and be scarred for life. Oh and he has disgusting night habits. His room smells, enough said.

But the main lessons I've learned over the duration of the trip are these:

1) Argentineans will put anything on billboards, everywhere. From smokes to ham, they'll advertise it by streets, abandoned buildings, pamphlets and along the river bank. Oh and the kerb on the roadside.
2) Clutch your nipples in fear when Matty's around. Even if he's a few metres away, he's fast and can grab your nipple and get it 100% bang on in a flash.
3) Never go anywhere with only Mr. Matthews, there's a very high chance you'll get lost and/or get annoyed at his organization skills.
4) You cannot hide from Dulce de Leche. It's everywhere. If you try to avoid it, you'll end up eating without realizing until after having taken a bite.
5) Toilets suck in Argentina. There's a high risk you'll clog a toilet if you take a dump and you're from New Zealand. Seriously, on the 11th day me and a group of mates worked out we'd clogged about 14 toilets at that point in the trip.

So yeah, Argentina was great and I'll post pictures later on when I upload them. They'll most be just ones I think look really cool so yeah!! :P

~ Jonny

Hernan: Here you can see Argentinean drivers to the right. Does anyone feel like playing a game of Tetris? Driving here is a lot like that.
Mark: But Tetris has rules!

Filed in Life, Friends, Argentina, Post-Travel, Spring 2007

To The Edge

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 18 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

So close to Argentina and I can smell the excitement... and disaster!! Seriously, from all the stories parents keep telling, we might as well hire some security guards otherwise we're going to get robbed by every motorcyclist passing by or all of our luggage is going to get lost/stolen once we've checked in. :P

Today was pretty av, getting excited and stuff and the usual happens. Umm... what's there to blog about to not make this depressing haha. :D

Uhh... hmm... I had this whole idea for a blog entry planned out today but I've completely forgotten it from recent events and I don't really want to talk about THEM because they're even more depressing than what happened today and I really don't want to ruin the mood of Argentina coming up so soon. :P

Oh yeah. I am SO glad I'm not going to be at school for the talent quest on Thursday... my mates have planned to enter with a lip-sync/choreographed rendition of Battleheart. Yes. I'm actually serious. Carl even had a plastic cutlass. I ended up listening to Kaizer's Orchestra on my iPod on full volume and had my back turned to them so I didn't have to suffer from embarrassment. It was... interesting. As soon as I turned off my iPod to go to class, I heard Souvik yell out "HADOUKEN!" (sp?) and then Sean yelled out "SPARTAAAA!!" so I'm REALLY worried... and ever so glad I'll be gone. :P

OH YEAH. I was sitting in the Year 10 class again listening to their performances. Just saying a secret, the only reason I wanted to listen to the performances was because the Aussie exchange student staying with us for 10 Music is sitting something equivalent to a scholarship singing paper... holy crap. So I've been sitting in the class waiting for him to do a performance if he wanted to and he did one today. As soon as he started singing my jaw just dropped and I continued to listen and watch for ages... I'm honestly being serious, but he is TALENTED and just blew Conor out of the playing field. Well, their styles are on the opposite sides of the spectrum but he's really good. :eek4:

Conor's an unprofessional professional in the sense that he doesn't take professional lessons yet he practices himself and he's a talented singer, coming something like 2nd in New Zealand for some competition and he sings for all different groups, even the Big Jazz Bar Studs (made to sound like uhh... "child born out of wedlock") of Hamilton. Fraser (exchange student) sings for a variety of groups and audiences and gets professional tutoring and sings more sad or hymn-like songs, well the ones like operatic but low or whatever, whereas Conor sings more R&B or whatever you call it or just light rock and jazz and lounge and stuff. But Fraser is good... REALLY good. I wish I had his talent at singing, but then again I wish I had heaps of things haha. :P

I'm getting majorly excited about Argentina!! Two more sleeps to go and hopefully I'll survive a day at school tomorrow. School shall be interesting, I think I'll try organize band practice during the last two periods tomorrow during Classics and English. Mr. Hassall doesn't mind me buggering off now (well, not so much as before even though he didn't mind at all) because of my results in the exams and I don't want to think of my last class before Argentina as being English. :P

TWO MORE SLEEPS!!

~ Jonny

*Mr. Hardaker is biking past and sees me, then he slows down*
Mr. Hardaker: I am now traveling at the speed of a beta particle.

Filed in Friends, School, Spring 2007

Almost Here

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 17 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

Argentina is only THREE MORE SLEEPS AWAY!! Everyone's getting so excited and it's going to be so awesome!! :D

But I'll start with my school day today. We got some of our test results back today from the exams we had all last week... I was happy with all of them (yes, even Maths despite failing) apart from maybe English. :)

First set of results came from Classics, because Mr. Botting didn't even take the test paper home over the weekend. He ended up making us all nervous by telling us he'd talk to us about some bits of the test before handing them back out. But before while passing by the previous class, Callum told me he aced the test, getting straight Excellences across the board and out of Art and Architecture and Aristophanes, he only got two marks taken off. So everyone was getting really nervous and then he got me and Lillis to hand out the papers... some were pretty amazing, and then I saw mine. Excellence, Excellence, Excellence. I was SO stoked at that!! Mr. Hassall said my Alexander essay was superb and that I made some very good points and I was so proud, amazingly enough even Shaun asked to read my essay and said it was good, since he did his on religion as well but only got Merit. But I was so happy. :)

Then we had English. Tension again, but not as much. And then she said no one failed which made everyone just sigh with relief. Merit, Achieved. Darn. I wanted at least Merits, but I knew that my essay on Julius Caesar was a shocker. Poetry was a definite Merit but my Julius Caesar was Achieved/Merit, since I needed analysis and all that... not to mention the fact I only used ONE quotation. Thank god for that, otherwise I could have failed. But she ain't handing back our A View From The Bridge essays because she still has to go through some of them and she wants to focus on our poetry and Julius Caesar essays first. :P

Mr. Matthews hadn't really even looked at our Spanish tests so that was kinda out of the question, instead we just talked about the trip... but I'll get to that afterwards.

MATHS!! Far out, I was so nervous. First, Mr. Stowers asked for us to tell him how many of the test papers we'd gone through, from 4 to 0. Most people had done like 1 or 2... I had done like less than half in my head so I rounded that up to 1, even though I shouldn't have, but I didn't want to be the only one who hadn't done any haha. And then he asked for how many hours we'd spent revising outside of class time, excluding times we'd get distracted or watch tv and stuff. So I said 2.5 hours which was like the average. And then he asked us for our estimated marks of what we think we got and that was just scary... most people knew what they got and were pretty close to what they thought. But I got REALLY worried since so many people he expected to get Bs and Cs and stuff were getting like in the 30% range and some even got around 20-25%. My god, I was really starting to worry. So I was last on the list and he just asked me... my guess was 15%. At first I thought "I think maybe 37% or 31%" but gradually as people called out their guess and he told them if they were close or off the target, I started to panic and my mark got lower and lower... but...

I got 38%!! I was so stoked!! Mr. Stowers was actually pretty pleased, despite the fact I failed, since there's room for improvement and I can definitely step up to the 45% mark which is a pass under the AS Level system. That made my day. :D

Oh and it sounded like Ross was dealing in drugs to Brennan today. Seriously, I won't be surprised. And if you're reading this Ross, it really did sound like you were planning to sell him drugs at your house afterschool or something. It was just dodgey as. :eek:

But we're all getting majorly excited about Argentina!! My bags are going to be full of clothes and I'm gonna be buying mum heaps of stuff since she wants stuff like handbags and shoes and stuff. So Mrs. Matthews is going to take me shoe shopping since we found out she and mum have the same sized feet... but it's going to be embarrassing as I go handbag and shoe shopping. But I'm really going to go nuts when shopping... it'll be SO GREAT. :D

Oh and Hayden is just funny. Me and him were just making all these comments on the bus ride and cracking up, since there was this one girl who looked REALLY scary. And then the girl opposite the scary one like basically stalks Hayden. Like, she knows where he lives and his name and she even started texting him and he doesn't even know her and she called out "Hey Hayden!!" while on the bus and it was scary as. But we couldn't stop staring at the scary-looking girl... it was kinda sad and rude, but Hayden wouldn't stop making comments and I was sad enough to crack up with laughter. :P

~ Jonny

*Hayden makes a comment and we both can't stop laughing*
Lloyd: Are you two talking about that girl over there? *points*
Me: *embarrassed* Uhh... haha...
Lloyd: You do realize that she's his cousin *points to his friend next to him*
*me and Hayden just stop and we're both looking like we're going to soil ourselves*
Lloyd: Just kidding!

Filed in Exams, Friends, Spring 2007

The Conversation

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 16 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

Yay Argentina in four sleeps excluding if I decide to sleep on the plane! I've started packing and it's really fun, although I'm having a hard time trying to cut down on clothes to take. So far I've decided on 5 t-shirts (one long-sleeved), 3 shirts with collar, 4 long pants (includes jeans), 2 shorts, one spare white dress shirt and black pants (we'll be wearing our blazer to Argentina - thankfully we can change out of it on the plane but we gotta be in it once we hop off the plane), sandals and normal shoes. Oh and swimming togs (I really like my togs, mum got me them last year and they're REALLY cool, like stylish and stuff and it looks good as), a rain jacket, a hoody (eugh...) and a jacket. And heaps of socks and underwear, along with two towels. So yeah, I dunno how the hell everything's going to fit in the tiny bag they gave us. :P

But what I'm really annoyed about, is the fact I'm going to look like a typical AMERICAN tourist. Everyone keeps saying I'm such an American, but I'm not! I haven't even been to the place in my life (yet I really want to). Apparently it's to do with my accent and my use of "Americanisms" such as "ain't" and the fact I spell everything with z's instead of s's (thankfully I spell "colour" and "favour" right). And Callum also says it's to do with the way I dress, since I usually always wear a dress shirt unbuttoned over a normal t-shirt whenever I go somewhere. And the clothes I'm currently wearing... are very American. Like, I usually wear black and stuff but I decided that for Argentina, I really don't want to come off as a goth or something so I hunted through my whole wardrobe for non-black clothes. I came up with 2 shirts and a pair of pants, excluding my shorts (one's a faded black, or an off-black). :sure:

So I decided to sort out cool-looking styles with the non-black clothes and I came up with a nice one... but it makes me REALLY American-like. Like, we have to take at least one pair of BLUE jeans. My god, I hate blue jeans. I used to hate jeans until I discovered how cool black jeans look so I wear them, but it's hard to wear blue jeans... but I admit, what I'm currently wearing looks pretty cool. Although I'm still deciding on whether red or white is a better t-shirt colour, currently it's white. So I'm wearing blue jeans, a white t-shirt and an open light-blue collared shirt. It's bad... Callum said all I need is to wear a backwards baseball cap and it'll be complete. I REALLY don't want to come off as American when I travel there... and then mum found some jerseys and shirts in Nick's cupboard. Great... I could really do with some baseball jumpers and shirts to make me less American. :sure:

Anyway, the reason for the title of my entry today is a conversation I was over-hearing while eating dinner between mum and a family friend who decided to come over to hang out. Well actually, I'll just mention a different conversation before the real one. Kenneth (family friend of mum and dad's, they went to university together) was talking about how people these days lack plenty of knowledge about other countries and/or their history, and used an example of a quiz night he went to recently. He was disgusted that no one could answer (apart from his group) about what was the northern-most capital in the world. I immediately just blurted out "Reykjavik" (capital of Iceland) and he looked at me and said no one knew that. I felt so proud. :P

But the conversation. Mum and him were talking in Chinese half the time so I really couldn't be positive, but the thing is after being around my parents for so long, despite not knowing how to speak Chinese at all, I can usually understand what they're talking about without realizing. So they were talking in Chinese... and I just suddenly thought "Jo-Anne?" and it turns out it they were talking about her. So I listened and then realized they were discussing how hard some things must be for her...

Y'see, Jo-Anne has been a friend of ours for years and years from when mum went to study Nursing and her son's a pretty good friend of mine (his name's Jacob... funny how I know quite a few people with the name Jake). She has it tough because she raises Jacob alone, yet her job demands that she works erratic hours sometimes and he is usually alone at home. She doesn't get along with her mother very well and she has a habit of drinking quite a bit making things even harder on herself, since Jacob can't stand it and in a way it has an influence on him. He goes out with friends of his quite a bit late at night (last time I was with him, they were playing ninjas on the streets and the local golf course), he drinks every now and then and he's even done drugs. He's only told me these things because we've been so close for ages and in a way he looks up to me as a role model (he's a year younger than me).

We've been mates since we were like 6 or 7 and I always remember doing things and he'd always follow me around. I remember I used to hate it but after a while I realized it was because he didn't have someone to look up to, as his mother used to always be out working, so I relaxed and we became good friends. :)

I'm just really worried for him now, since he can be easily influenced due to a strained relationship with his mother. He loves her yet sometimes he hates it, because one night she might just be ridiculously drunk and she'll lash out at him. He always cares for her though, yet sometimes it's too much and he'll just run away for the night. Me and mum saw her in one of these moods when we went to visit them at the start of this year (they live all the way in Napier now - used to be Auckland). She was completely off her face and she ended up lashing out and both me and Jacob for a little thing and my mum got pretty angry at her (they're good friends too, but what Jo-Anne did was absolutely stupid and she's never EVER yelled at me before - she was nearly in tears about it when she sobered up in the morning) and talked to her for the whole night. That was when Jacob pretty much poured out a lot of his thoughts to me and I realized that his life is pretty unstable at the moment.

What's worse, his mother is thinking of sending him to a boarding school, since trying to be a mother and providing for the family is getting to be too much for her sometimes, and he's really scared about it. I'm worried, because I don't think he'll survive in a boarding school. He used to be a bad kid when he was younger but now that he's mature, he's pretty good. I mean, the only reason he tried drugs was because his friend pressured him into it, and he got really scared once he tried it and immediately contacted me. Teenagers will be teenagers I guess. But he knows not to do it again... I hope. :(

But that's one of the reasons I really want to go visit him during the Christmas holidays. Me and mum always go to Whangamata with them since Jo's mother lives there and we just hang out at the beach for a week or two with them. I want to see how he's doing and just pray that everything's okay and that he hasn't done something stupid.

I feel burdened with knowledge. I know so much about some people in my life it hurts a lot. I want to do so many things to help but I know that if I try to intervene, it'll collapse and there'll be no way to fix it. So all I can do is subtly influence when possible...

~ Jonny

*Sean and Liam are juggling a soccer ball*
Sean: Jonny, you should show us your juggling skills.
Me: I'm awesome as at juggling, I'll show you guys. One... two... THREE!
*ball smashes a window*
Liam: ... so much for juggling.

Filed in Argentina, Family, Friends, Spring 2007

Drones

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 06 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

My god, study is intense. It's a real thinker... I did two Music papers to hand to Mr. Botting tomorrow to see how I'm going and then I moved onto English study.

Wow. I think I've done some good study, since I finally realized what one of the poems we've been studying is all about. I decided to take the learning approach Mrs. Redpath used for Julius Caesar and A View From The Bridge on Tuesday and Wednesday (they were actually really good revision lessons, pity about the terrible poetry lesson) and applied them to the two poems I plan on writing about in the exam coming up tomorrow.

Everyone's doing Ozymandias since it's one poem we know in depth and everyone's studied thanks to the several lessons dedicated to the poem... not to mention the hilarious jokes used with quotes about Ozymandias which crop up all the time. But it's one of the ones I'm doing and the study notes I wrote for it just before seemed to help quite a bit... but not as much, since the main focus is human insignificance in time/history because no matter how much we try place our mark on the land, in the end we're nothing among the lone and level sands of time.

The second poem everyone seems to be doing is Upon *you guys are lame*... Yes, it is in fact about what's in the title. However, like Ozymandias, it deals with the idea of human insignificance, and yet again, it's one of the few we studied in class.

But I'm not planning on doing that one. I'm choosing The City Planners instead. And I'm so amazed and deep in thought at the moment because I think I've found the main idea the poem discusses. We established in class (yay for poems we've studied in class) that Margaret Atwood was trying to convey the idea that perfection was not that perfect, that it can seem like a fain sickness lingering among everything. The word choice she uses also helps to convey her opinion... and then I realized what it is about.

The loss of individual freedom.

No matter how much you try to hide all the imperfections, eventually they will surface as nothing is perfect. To be perfect, we will all end up having to be the same. Margaret Atwood uses words such as pedantic rows, sanitary trees and the rational whine of a power mower to show that everything is in control and orderly, it brings up the notion of suppression, that everything is calculated, logical and reasoned. There is no sense of individualism among these houses, only one body trying to achieve perfect, and any imperfections are covered up and hidden away from sight and appear as a bruise to those people. In the end, we will not have any control over our lives as we will conform to be alike, to be the "perfect" human being, at the cost of individual freedom.

And wow, I think writing this blog has helped me with my essay. Yay. I don't think I'm going to fail as badly now. :P

Anyway, aside from all things educational (especially Maths), I had a fun day today!! We had our Argentina meeting during interval today and I led Tutira Mai and Whakaria Mai, although I have no idea what the words for Tutira Mai are. But it was awesome fun and then we just dispersed and went back outside before going to class. Lunch was just fun since we sat inside. I basically did nothing and relaxed, as I watched Matt, Mitch, Narayan, David and Sean play cards and Souvik giving pointers to Cameron and Callum as they played Pokemon. Tahn, Sma, Sam, John, Liam, Carl and Blair decided to stay outside despite my best efforts to convince Blair and Carl to come upstairs (the others are just way too noisy haha but they're awesome anyway even if they got us kicked out one time!!). :sure:

Oh and we got our finalized lists for Argentina such as clothes and groups and stuff... I'm a group leader!! Even though we don't really do anything, I'm a group leader!! It's so exciting even though everyone else doesn't think so and just looked at me weirdly!! And I won't be surprised if I lead my group in the wrong direction and end up getting lost, Norton, Callum and Cameron think I'm going to end up in Canada. :P

Classics was awesome!! This isn't educational btw. We had to move our desks to D2 from A4 because of exams in the hall so we went to D2 to grab their desks to take to the hall (ours in A4 would be given to D2) but the teacher told us to come back in 20mins. So once 20mins had been up, we went over with our desks... but got halted by Mr. Robinson and told to turn around since ours weren't needed. But then as we went inside and put our desks down, he came back saying D1 needed our desks. So then we grabbed them and got out of the corridor... and he told us to take them back. We were all pissed off at that point and we nearly got back to class... when he told us our desks were in fact needed in D1. ARGH. He's so damn annoying. So we took them into D1...

It just so happened to be the Year 12 Economics class being taken by my tutor teacher Mrs. Weren (my tutor class is D1, w00t) and Carl and Mitch are in that class. Mrs. Weren then saw me and was like "Oh hey Jonny!!" and like the whole class pretty much knows me and I know them so I put my desk down and then sat on the same seat as Carl and stayed in Economics as he taught me how to get a Merit in the class... until I realized who was in the class.

"Jonny Tan. There's Aria chips!"

Crap. Campbell. He is SO irritating. I used to be good mates with him back in primary school but since I left to go to a different intermediate and he stayed (Hamilton West is a primary and intermediate school), we just never stayed good mates despite hanging out during weekends every now and then during the first year of intermediate. And he always likes to say that second sentence, since I said that line for a TV commercial I was in advertising my friend Bjorn's parents' product, since they own the whole Aria Farm business. Right after that he decided to say the most embarrassing thing in the world to me (others might debate whether it's embarrassing, many find it legendary and think I'm weird for being embarrassed saying there's nothing to be embarrassed about) and I just turned red-faced and quickly got up to leave. Mitch just looked at me and asked in an amazed voice if it was true, Mrs. Weren turned to look at me and the whole class just started making some comments in amazement and stuff. Josh (I think it was josh) just looked at me as I quickly walked out of the classroom back to Classics and said what I did was legendary but I blocked out everything else. Jeez. The past can really haunt you sometimes... :sweat:

That reminds me of something funny on the bus today. Me and Callum were sitting on the bus and just talking and there were these two guys who always are on it as well. Now they think I musn't have ears or something, but they always whisper and talk about me, especially this one guy. Anyway, today he must have had the guts to ask or something since they were discussing it at the bus stop while I was eating my sundae and Callum was drinking his milkshake, so when we got on the bus, I purposely chose the seat in front of them to see what would happen... then...

The one guy leans towards me and asks....

That guy: Are you gay?
Me: Why? Are you trying to hit on me?
That guy: *defensively* No! *quickly pointing to his friend* He wanted to know!
His friend: No, it was that guy! *pointing to a random on the bus*
Random: Wtf?

Jesus, some people are weird, yet I found that actually hilarious. It's kinda creepy though since I get hit on by guys quite a bit. Callum says I'm too camp. :P

Oh yeah!! We went to the Salvation Army shop (I felt so cheap walking into that store) to buy suits for soccer on Saturday. We bumped into Tahn and Liam on the way, whom we spotted because they were walking around with two chairs each, taken from outside of Mr. Leach's classroom because they were there and they felt like taking them. Tahn joined us in looking for stuff since he needed a tie. I ended up getting a tie and a jacket and Callum just got a jacket. The tie + jacket ended up costing $6 for me which was an awesome deal, although the clothes did smell like poor people, as I kept saying to Callum on the bus ride back. :P

Oh yeah!! Just for something quick which happens to be educational, I beat Mr. Botting in a Music paper!! At first I said the key of the piece was F major due to all the modulation being relevant to F major, but Mr. Botting said the C sharp (I saw that before but disregarded that due to the excessive use of accidentals) indicated D minor. In the end when I got to a question and told him it made no sense if the key was D minor, he checked the answers... and the key was F major. OMG. I was SO stoked!! Adrian kept telling me to be quiet though which was pretty amusing. Hopefully that proves to Mr. Botting I can in fact do Scholarship Music. :D

~ Jonny

Me: You should come play soccer on Saturday with us!!
Blair: Aww I can't, Dalyn's got this rowing fundraising event on.
Me: I bet you like to stroke his oar!
Blair: No, I'd rather enjoy raising his funds!

Filed in Argentina, Friends, Life, School, Spring 2007

The Game

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 02 September 2007 - 09:30 AM

... you just lost the game! Ooh burn. Sorry, I just remembered about that and couldn't help mentioning it. :P

Maaan yesterday was the 1st of September and I should have blogged since it was the first of a month but I think I got distracted or was too lazy last night to even blog so I'll make up for it by blogging today. :P

Yesterday was pretty ok. I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed since I had to go to music classes so I just slept in. Then mum came into my room and tried to get me out of bed but I just told her I'd go to the 10am Theory of Music class instead of the 8am one so I didn't have to be there until 8.40am for Wind Band... but I overslept again and mum ended up taking me and we got there at 9am. So I just hung around my keyboard class until my lesson at 9.20am and then I bumped into Rebecca from work since she finishes her drum at the same time as my keyboard class ends and we're in the classes next to each other. So I decided to skip Theory of Music (again) and just talked to Rebecca for about 50mins about random things. :P

But then in the afternoon I had a nap and then had a row with mum about me wanting to drive to the movies but she was going to see a movie at roughly the same time as us so she wanted to drive me there. I was planning to pick Callum up but this kinda ruined the plan somewhat and I also wanted to go to town earlier since Cam didn't mind a round of Netcafix however I couldn't get a hold of Callum so we didn't plan it. In the end, after about an hour of arguing and sour looks, we picked Callum up and then went into town. Since we were early, me and Callum just wandered around but saw Daniel and South so we decided to stalk them but then Daniel turned to look at something then saw us so we just walked with them to Netcafix and had a game (after much debate) of C&C3 where I got owned (as always) with my Pitbulls and Rocket Soldiers. I love those units so much. :D

Anyway, we ran to Rialto after hastily finishing our match of C&C3 to meet up with Cameron and he had an ice-cream for me which my mum bought. So we went into the cinema to watch Priceless... and it was bloody good. I couldn't stop laughing in so many parts of the film and I wasn't the only one in the audience roaring with laughter. It stars my favourite actress Audrey Tautou (the main reason why I wanted to go) and she did a brilliant job in the movie, alongside Gad Elmaleh who did an amazing job as well. Although the ending was not as great as I'd hoped, it was better than Day Watch in my opinion which is actually really amazing. Well, better in the sense of acting, plot and humour, Day Watch was just action-packed and really good all round. And I did notice that the ending of Hors de Prix (French for Priceless heehee) was just like that of Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (Amélie), since it ended with Irène (Audrey Tautou) on the back of Jean's (Gad Elmaleh) motorbike and they just drove off, exactly like that of Amélie. Although Priceless had a more cornier ending. :P

This is the film festival booklet's description of Priceless:

"For gold-digging Irène (Audrey Tautou), being kept offers the best of society life. Apart from unwelcome interludes when she's dropped back into the market, Irène is on to a good thing. Then one day she mistakes Jean, an opportunistic waiter, for a handsome millionaire, who is in no hurry to correct the impression. So starts this irreverent revision of Breakfast at Tiffany's which soon turns the table on cunning Irène. Once he has been led, rather quickly and foolishly, to financial ruin, love-sick Jean finds his own sugar-mummy. The pair form a loose coalition of the willing as they teach one another how to maximize profits without conceding too much bottom line..."

Now I'm just going to continually quote the movies we've seen at the international film festival, with great quotes such as...

Guy: Ok, now where's the money?
Manager: In my f-off pocket.

Irène: I'd like to... I'd love to...

Jean: *to Irène's next victim* Do you have a light?
*he extends his left hand and displays his new watch worth $30,000 which he got from his victim in Irène's direction*
*Irène looks up, sees him and the watch and chokes on her drink*
Irène: Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom.

*as Jean is about to leave the bathroom*
Irène: Jean, what's the time?
*Jean turns around and looks at his watch with a smile*
Jean: 9 diamonds past.

Ahh I wish I could watch more films since every single film we saw was amazing. Although I'm also glad it's over because now I can focus on studying although it's still hard since I'm so damn lazy. :P

Today was just uneventful since I studied in the morning, played some Mumu as a break to Maths (got 1761, the exact same score as the last time I played and nowhere near my high score... it took over 2 hours to get to 1761), continued to do some Maths... then as soon as mum left to go watch Priceless, I hopped on World of Warcraft. My mate Jake (known as Yorkster on the forums) ended up helping me with heaps of quests including the evil Deadmines instance and I hopped off about 5 hours later... I only planned to play for a few hours as a break from study. Oh well, there's always tomorrow since there's no way in hell I plan on doing anymore study today. :sweat:

I'm also really excited about 5-aside soccer this coming Saturday!! We're all dressing up in suits to play the game in and it's gonna be all day so it'll be mega fun and a nice break from exams and study. And I might see Nathan if he decides to do 5-aside soccer as well!! :D

Oh but I'm really annoyed. Carl didn't come to see Priceless so I'm guessing his parents were being cows and made him stay home to study. He never really gets a break... I mean it's good to study and stuff but at the rate his parents make him study, it's basically torture. *sigh* I think I'll just surprise him and be more nice than I usually am to him tomorrow. :(

Oh yeah. Everyone's praying to the gods to pass English. Hardly anybody even knows the name of the poems we're studying (apart from the dirty ones), some people don't even have the collection of short stories by Katherine Mansfield, and looking at the marks the class got for our last Julius Caesar essay (not the most recent one, she hasn't even handed that back yet) we're going to be in big trouble. Oh and there's only about one week excluding exam week where we're not in class to do our wide reading assignment which hardly anyone's even started, let alone finished reading all the books. :sweat:

~ Jonny

Mum: I'd like one ticket to The Lives of Others... and an ice-cream for my son for when he comes.
Girl who works at Rialto: Oh, is your son the boy who's been to something like 10 movies already?

Filed in Gaming, Friends, Life, Movies, Spring 2007

Beautiful

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 31 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

The Italian was a stunning film... everyone should have come to see it. Callum ended up coming and once it finished he said something quite funny, "I will not cry, I will not cry" since the end was so touching. And I was right! It was in fact a "nice" film as I said it was to everyone last week when discussing films, despite the fact that the description of the film wasn't all that pleasant.

But I'm so annoyed since Carl couldn't come to this film either because he had to go to youth group (he hadn't been last week because he came to see Day Watch with us) and Cam wouldn't come because of the description of the film and he didn't want to "waste" $11.50. But HOPEFULLY Carl will be coming to see Priceless tomorrow and Cam said he'd come see it so it'll be awesome. Blair can't come though because he's got a dancing competition up in Auckland and no one else wants to come see the film. :P

GRR. Cameron just reminded me over MSN. He scared me today during Spanish since he suddenly got this random thing out of his bag and just held it up strangely in his hand so he could press the button in and do something. So he came up to me and I immediately questioned what it was and he said a tazer... so I just panicked and freaked out, jumped out of my chair and ran behind Mr. Matthews. Then I had a swell time running around the class trying to dodge Cameron and ended up knocking a chair over while jumping over it and past the desk and out the door. After going back inside and keeping some distance from Cameron, he started to charge up all the metal on my desk... then told me it was a barbeque lighter, not a tazer. Seriously, I nearly had a panic attack because of it, it was freaking scary. :sure:

Oh and I keep getting seen doing the strangest things at the oddest of times. Like today during English, me and Carl were mucking about and he kept disturbing me. He has this habit of ripping off the ends of his fingernails to trim them down and he kept poking me with it still attached to his nail and I was getting grossed out so I kept poking him. Then we both tried to poke/tickle each other in the ribs and he ended up grabbing my hands and then Mrs. Redpath just looked at us strangely while explaining about the text, and amazingly enough said nothing. She's used to me and Carl doing strange things. :P

And when the bell went at the end of 4th period, I went to meet Carl outside of Classics (he's in the other Classics class) to convince him to come watch The Italian. So I went through Mr. West's class in C2 (he takes Film & Television in the Music Dept. and Callum's in that class) to get to A block and Classics is in A4. According to Callum who told me later on, once I "pranced" through C2 and left the classroom, Mr. West just followed me with his eyes then looked at Callum then carried on speaking. Long story with this. :P

Apparently Mr. West is convinced I'm "not right", as quoted in A View From The Bridge by Arthur Miller and keeps talking about me in that light in his classes and Callum always has to rush to my defense. Mr. West is an awesome person though, don't get me wrong. But he's thoroughly convinced... actually, come to think of it, maybe that's why he's always so cheerful and smiling and waving heaps whenever he sees me and says hi and I say hi back. Usually he's really angry to students he doesn't know (and does know mind you), but then again I know him and he's a nice person, seriously. :P

Anyway, back to the funny situations. I was waiting outside of Classics and saw someone with an afro walking towards me and I thought someone had a fake wig on or something but then I realized it was just David. I couldn't stop laughing as I told him and he just looked at me strangely and then went into Classics. Then Cam walked towards me and just stopped to chat and then tried to drag me into A4 to have Classics when I'm meant to have Music, and Mr. Hassall saw me as I clung to the doorframe and ran off and he was just smiling and laughing. Then I finally met Carl after Callum went into the class and we had a nice chat but I got annoyed since he said he couldn't and he'd talk to me afterwards. So once school finished I waited outside A4 and walked and talked with Callum and Carl. Although I clung to Carl for a while and he clung back and we whinged to each other and Adeel walked past saying "I don't think I want to know what you two are doing" and someone else I know but I forget the name of, said it looked "pretty dodgey" and Carl said he had youth group and couldn't miss it two weeks in a row. :(

People know me! It's completely scary. I'll walk down a corridor or maybe it'll be outside of school or just between classes and people will be like "Yeah Jonny Tan!" or "Hey Jonny" or "Jonny Tan!!" It happened again when me and Callum were walking to town, Hewitt just bikes past going "Jo-nny Tan, Jo-nny Tan!" in his usual self, then half a minute later another two people on one bike go past and one of them just yelled out to me "JONNY!!" and it was weird. :eek:

Oh yeah, it was hilarious. While me and Cal were waiting for the movie, we just had some rounds of C&C3 at Netcafix. We couldn't help but laugh as we listened to some of the people (mates of ours of course) in the room were just yelling out and talking and stuff. It was hilarious! Best one was with Thomas and others playing some DotA, it was his and his mate's first time playing and Thomas just yelled out "Oh you do that then, I think I'll just have to go invisible! OH. So you can see me while I'm invisible, fine then, just kill me will you!" and he had this funny as voice and it was just hilarious, you had to be there to see hear it. Also he was like to his mate "Oh my god don't do that, I'll stab you!" and his mate replied with a "I'll punch you in the face! In real life!" :P

~ Jonny

*while looking at GBA games*
Callum: *really loudly and angry* Where are all the Pokemon games?!
*little kids just turn around and look at him*

Filed in Friends, Gaming, Life, School, Movies, Winter 2007

Planet Hell

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 30 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Me, Callum and Blair went and saw The Bothersome Man today and it was a really good film! Although I actually did say "wtf" once it finished because... it was just bizarre. It ended just like that in the most random of places, but that only bothered me a little. :P

Anyway, starting chronologically! Today I organized band practice for first period, mainly because I didn't do the Spanish homework and Mr. Matthews mentioned to me he wanted to listen to what we'd accomplished so far so I just texted everyone to practice. Everyone from Spanish came down but we hadn't even set up yet so they came back in half an hour while we practiced and it went really well! Although I didn't know A Wonderful World and had to sight read it... it went well, despite the fact I had hardly any practice at it and I had to transpose the chords up a semitone. It was good... then I screwed up a chord and played it in the wrong place and Conor stopped singing thinking he was in the wrong place and it just went downhill, so I stopped playing and just listened and it was nice. :D

Maths... Mr. Stowers is definitely worried. He told me that this course was probably not the right one for me and I couldn't agree more. Although I've learnt quite a bit more than I would in a normal class, despite the fact the probability of me passing is quite slim now. Physics was just normal and Hardaker cracked his bad jokes here and there, and managed to throw in a mad scientist laugh. Music was fun since I just sat in the Year 10 class and listened to Mr. Galbraith give a lesson and then joined in when they had a group practice of their blues songs. Then Classics was normal since Mr. Hassall talked for half the period before remembering he had to take the roll, then we had yet another spelling test and then he just talked a bit more. :P

And when I got home I decided to have a break from movies and studying so I hopped on WoW for once this week after some C&C3... then mum caught me and had a massive psych telling me to study... and now I'm grounded from watching films during weekdays until exams are over. Wow. I've never been grounded before. She made an exception for tonight since it was short notice but I'd already bought all my tickets... and I'm seeing The Italian with Callum tomorrow. So I had to convince mum to let me see it and then went off to pick up Blair from his house.

I got scared. I didn't want to knock on the door since I'm legally not meant to be taking passengers unless they're a family member so I just texted Blair and he told me to come inside. Turns out he just told his parents I have my full licence so it was all good. His parents are real nice as well so I wasn't nervous, but it's funny how his mum's so talkative and nice. Anyway, so once Family Guy was over, we left his house and I drove us to town. We met up with Callum at the cinemas, bought Blair's ticket (his mum gave him money since she didn't want other people paying for him) and I got a large frozen coke and a medium popcorn for us and we went into the cinema.

The movie was so funny! Really creepy if you think deeply into it but SO hilarious, everyone in the cinema just couldn't stop laughing for about the first minute, because it consisted of a couple kissing very loudly for ages with the main guy Andreas staring at them, before jumping off the subway platform into the path of a train. Yeah. The movie's actually really good though, brilliant idea. But if you think about it, there's no plot. But that was intended to highlight the main theme and idea behind the film, I believe. And the ending was just SO strange. Everyone in the cinema was confused once it ended since it ended crazily and we waited behind for the credits to finish to see if there would be something to explain it... but there wasn't. :P

So me and Blair split up with Callum since he was getting picked up and we went to get a drink and something to eat. We were planning on having a walk through town to find a place but we saw this cafe open on the other side of the road so we just went there. He got a chocolate milk and I got a strawberry milk and I got chips for both of us. So we just chilled out and chatted for a while. He finished his milk way too fast and I'd hardly drunken any, and he said he wouldn't eat anymore chips since he'd finished his milk so I just gave him the rest of mine to get him to help me finish the food since I had a famine day today. :P

Once we were finished (our drinks, we ate like half the chips and both said we were full) I just drove us home. But I've convinced Blair that he should come out to see movies with us more often now, since he told me he actually enjoyed it and it was a nice feeling to go see a movie with mates on a weekday. :)

Oh yeah! Strange thing today, I hadn't eaten for over 24 hours prior to having dinner at 7.30pm, which was about a handful of rice with a bit of meat. I dunno, it was strange. I didn't have breakfast and I didn't pack lunch so I just didn't eat all day until 7.30pm which was hardly anything. I ain't feeling that hungry either which is slightly creepy. :eek:

Mufti day tomorrow!! I'm so excited about it. I'm gonna have a fun time getting all pouty at Carl. I attacked him at the end of lunch today with a barrage of pokes and inter-locking fingers since I had to whinge to him about not being able to see The Bothersome Man with us. He said he had no way to get there so I was like I'll drive but then he said he had no way of getting home... and I ain't driving halfway to Raglan past 10pm. He said his life was pretty {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}ty in terms of social outgoings because his parents really want him to study, and I don't blame them, but they should let him have a break every now and then. But he said he'd talk to me tomorrow about seeing either The Italian tomorrow or Priceless on Saturday. Tomorrow'll be more likely though since he can just wait afterschool in town since the movie's at 6.15pm and then just wait for his dad to finish work or something. Either that or he'll just crash with Peter... at Netcafix. :P

~ Jonny

Me: Do you need me to walk you down your driveway.
Blair: No, because as soon as you drive off a rapist will jump out of the bushes and kidnap me and then rape me!
Me: ... you'd like that, I know it.
Blair: N-- oh wait. Yeah haha I would.

Filed in Friends, Hanging Out, Life, Movies, Winter 2007

• (2 Pages)
  • +