CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Phieta Icon : (11 July 2016 - 07:55 AM) Who are you, and what have you done with Fluttershy?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Wow

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 15 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Today's actually been pretty awesome. I thought it'd suck but it turned out to be quite all right. :)

So I'd been "studying" last night because we had a practice assessment for Maths today. Studying meaning alt-tabbing Heroes of Might and Magic V every single time my mum'd come into my room to see how I was going with my studying. I think I stopped playing at like 9pm or something, I ended up doing some revision on functions and now I think I can do them. Yay for me! But I don't think the "revision" payed off somehow. :P

I had to catch the bus early this morning since mum was going to work earlier. It was raining a bit as well so I was torn between either taking my crappy umbrella or my good umbrella and funnily enough, my good umbrella is from the $2 shop, although it's big so it doesn't fit in my bag. So I was thinking about if I'd enjoy carrying it around all day and I thought against it so I walked outside... and it stopped raining! Yay, smart move for me. But it turns out the weather kept changing the whole day and afterschool it was so windy and raining every now and then so I regretted not taking it. :sure:

MAN. I was watching the rugby match during Music today and I got so annoyed. I wanted Argentina to win but I knew South Africa would since they're way better and I started watching just after half time when the score was 24-13 to South Africa. No surprises there. So I just stood there in front of the TV in the recording studio (I was meant to be looking after the Year 10s because Mr. Mayall was lazy and was copying over some work and didn't want to have to keep checking up on them every now and then) and got so frustrated when South Africa ended up scoring like another 13 points in the last 10mins or so. UGH. Oh well, Argentina hopefully will beat France again to be 3rd. I'd be cheering for New Zealand... but they're out and I don't think I want to rant about them anymore. :sweat:

So I ended up not going to the practice Maths test today because of our Spanish assessment 4th period. Cameron and Adrian got the Maths test to do over the weekend on Friday but I left school before Maths because I was pretty much dying. I didn't exactly want to see Stowers at interval since he'd probably make me do the test third period despite the fact I have English and Redpath would kill me, so I avoided him like the plague. So after the first period of our Spanish assessment, we had Maths last period.

Oh joy. Me and Won Seuk just sat there doing nothing for the whole period since we were the two people who didn't sit it. Won Seuk ended up just not knowing there was a test since his attendence rate to Maths is pretty much like mine, although he studies way too much at home so he's like one of the good as students in the class. So he started writing notes to me on his hand telling me we should go to Music, but Botting's another one I avoid as much as possible now since I'm meant to hand in at least some evidence that I've started my research assignment. Oh, and Stowers would kill us if we decided to ditch Maths for Music. So we sat there doing nothing and it was real boring. At least the period finished quickly so me and Callum caught the bus and then went to Chartwell. :P

OMG. I GOT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF DARK PASSION PLAY BY NIGHTWISH!!

Okay, excitement over. Yeah. It's pretty cool, the artwork on the inside of the booklet is really amazing, I'm always just staring at the pictures now. But seriously, they're awesome as. I'd scan them if I could but I'm pretty sure that's illegal so I won't. But it's awesome. :P

Oh, and Ayrton will in fact be playing at Raves at an Asado at the end of this year. We just now need to learn "Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!" by The Mint Chicks and another one or two songs. Adrian and Bill are suggesting Fall Out Boy and I won't mind that I guess, however I'll put my foot down if it's thatt really annoying song, I can't remember the name of it right now. I really wanna do a Bayside track, although we need a second guitarist and I really don't have enough time to learn the guitar right now. I could, but it'd take up all my time which is meant to be devoted to study and work. Yeah. But so far our songs are this:

"Wonderful World" by James Morrison
"Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!" by The Mint Chicks
"The Ides of March" by Silverstein

So all we need are one or two more songs. If only we could do The Mars Volta... I'd love to do that, but it's pretty hard and Conor can't sing that high anymore. *sigh* OH. Wait, now I remember. We could always try "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. I remember Adrian got so annoyed when I suddenly said we should have done that song like 10mins before our performance since he said we could have easily done that. Oh well, we should do it this time. That'd be so awesome. :D

~ Jonny

Ricardo: Right, now can you remember the name of the Darkthrone album?
Callum: Uhhmm... * awkward silence* F--- Off And Die.

Filed in Gaming, Music, School, Sports, Spring 2007

Slow Down

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 14 September 2007 - 10:24 AM

Woo a new lot of song titles to use. :P

Yeah, as my mum describes it, pretty much I had a "veg out" day where I did nothing but sit in front of the computer. I was SO bored today, I actually did all the housework early in the morning rather than late at night. Although I didn't get around to cleaning the bathrooms until later on since I forgot and mum called me up to remind me. And dad was pretty amazed since I was up early and on the computer. But it's because I can never sleep in or do other things if I'm at home on a weekday because it just feels weird. So I basically veg'd out in front of the computer for the whole day because I have nothing else to do. -_-

But seriously, I'm SO freaking bored now. I need school to come back. Without school I turn into a vege who doesn't eat, hardly sleeps and just suffers from boredom and lack of will to do anything. Seriously. :eek:

My boredom hit a major low today though. I was SO bored I decided to get some new music. Yeah. That's how bored I was. So I decided to download some Motion City Soundtrack, The Academy Is..., Dashboard Confessional, and dare-I-say, Panic! At The Disco. Amazing. I actually bothered to get the album. And I really am turning into a vegetable because I stopped typing for about 10 seconds just staring at the highlighter sitting on my desk, thinking about what to write. This is what happens when I have nothing to do. :P

But I do believe I've achieved something today. I played Solitaire from like... I dunno, 2 or 3 hours ago. I had fun mixing up ways as to how to win, such as making stacks of only two suits or not turning cards over until I can't make any other moves. Yes, I did find it interesting. And then I moved onto trying to complete Solitaire with the three-draw rule (yes, I know, I suck at Solitaire) and about 15mins ago I actually managed to win a game. Go me. :)

Also when I veg out (basically the whole holidays), I barely eat. Seriously, I think the Christmas holidays of the year before, I just veg'd out in front of my computer for the whole day and I barely ate. I never have breakfast during the hols and I might have a late "lunch" at like 3pm or something if I can be bothered, and then I'll have some dinner and continue to be a vege. I always lose heaps of weight during the holidays and then I'll gain heaps of weight during the first or second week of school. It doesn't make sense, but it's true. :eek:

So today I had a nice breakfast of nothing, and then a delightful lunch of two-minute noodles. Dinner was basically rice and chicken and some soup. And I watched Rove during dinner and afterwards which was hilarious as always. He talked to Daniel Radcliffe. :eek4:

I'm running out of things to talk about. Seriously, I'm so stuck for ideas I decided to talk about food. That is so sad... and now I'm looking around my desk to give me inspiration. Such is the life of a lazy bum. Seriously, I'm getting NO ideas. My god, even my desk is boring. So I think I'll just end this entry and deem it a failure because of my boredom. :P

Oh yeah, Motion City Soundtrack is nice. I recommend it. :thumb:

~ Jonny

Rove: *doing the news report* They said that Pavarotti's funeral was in fact very cheap. They did it for a tenner.

Filed in Boredom, Gaming, Life, Spring 2007

Music Non Stop

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 12 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

... when I close my eyes. ARGH. I forgot to grab a dictionary of music today from the Music department so now I'm going to do crap in the exam tomorrow. I was planning on reading it tonight for italian terms but now I can't because I don't have one! I asked Mr. Botting if I could have my exam NOT in the hall because I hate the hall and I'll be done in like an hour and be sitting there doing nothing for another two. But then he said I wouldn't have any time (to read a book or listen to my iPod, that is, since I wanted to have it in the Music dept. so I could once I finished the exam) since the exam he's giving me is apparently real hard... he had this real happy smile when he said that. And he only smiles like that when he's about to do something nasty. :sure:

My god I'm hell as bored now just waiting for Argentina. I ain't gonna really study or do much prep for my exam tomorrow (last one!!) since I'll have 3 hours if I'm really that desperate and if it's as hard as Mr. Botting says. Actually, if it'll take me 3 hours then I wonder if Mr. Botting'd have an easy time doing the exam... :icky:

Eww we had Physics today. Spanish was a piece of cake and I went and bought Maccas afterwards (2 hour exams ftw!) since I had a gap between 11am and 1pm. Usually the exams are 3 hours but some are less than that, so I had to wait an hour for other people to come out. So I went and got McDonalds (no Cameron, I will not go to Burger King! It ain't close to Boys' High at all and I ain't driving all the way out to Hillcrest!) and came back and spotted David and Sean. Turns out their Accounting exam was only two and a half hours so that was all good, I just shared some fries with them. I also shared fries with Edward of whom I was talking to while walking from my car to the C block quad, and Brynn who was just wandering outside of class, since he's a Year 9 and in my tutor group. :P

But my god Physics was a pain. I picked up the worst paper to start off with first, since it was about Waves. Holy hell I've never seen more nastier questions. So after doing that in just under an hour (recommended time for that paper - 40mins) I got cracking on the others which weren't too bad... Electromagnetism was just stupid. The English used in it was a shocker and half the questions were terrible. The funny thing with NCEA is they try to apply all these questions (like Maths and Physics questions and stuff) to everyday things. So I enjoyed the paper as I read on a question about a lone electron sitting on the tip of an airborne plane. And then a poorly-worded question on god-knows-what, it was that bad. :eek:

So after having gotten out of Physics in one piece, I turned to look at everyone. Wow. I've never seen so many sombre faces in my life, even more than the Maths exam. Everyone's main whinge was about Waves of course, and then just random questions. It was funny as, me, Ross and Sean Jones were all sitting by each other. Sean then saw me and was like "Yuss I'm sitting next to Jonny!" and Ross was like "Hah I purposely sat by him!" and I was like "Awesome!! Now we can all fail together!!" and we high-fived each other. :P

But Hardaker wasn't helping in the exam as he always does. He kept pulling faces at me as he walked by where I was sitting and kept trying to glance at my test paper. :bleh2:

I'm so excited about Argentina!! And I'm keen as for some shopping, but I need to save up my money otherwise I'll have nothing at all. Gutted. I had to fill up some gas in my car and I can proudly say I am an expert at filling up petrol now. Last time I spent about half a minute trying to see why it wouldn't work with the guy at the counter watching me, and then I realized I had to lift it up. Afterwards, it took me another half to whole minute to see how to put the cap back on my tank. Turns out I was turning it the wrong way... :P

And GRR I'm annoyed. Sean O's GBA which he's letting me borrow for Argentina ran out of batteries last night as I was secretly playing Pokemon when I was meant to be sleeping. So I went to charge it... it uses an American plug. My god. I nearly had a psych. And we don't have any American converters in our house so now I need to steal someone's GBA charger for three weeks. I might ask Boris very kindly... he should part with it, since he said he'd let me borrow his GBA for Argentina before Sean gave me his. It's worth a shot anyway. :P

Far out I'm majorly bored. I need to find some more games to play... World of Warcraft is fun but I'm tired of farming for materials and running around aimlessly for quests and I'm waiting for Jake to play with me. I dunno why but it's hard to play Guild Wars now. The controls just drive me insane now since I keep hitting B and C for my backpack and characteristics, when it really should be I and K or whatever. And I click to swivel the screen and then I end up moving. SO irritating... :sure:

I might just go have a shower and then do some Music papers, I'm that bored. But I love Music so much. :)

~ Jonny

*while walking out of the hall after Spanish, we pass Mr. Kotze*
Me: *whispering loudly* Hi Mr. Kotze!! *waves*
Mr. Kotze: Aiyaiyai Mr. Tan, you're still here?? I couldn't tell because you weren't talking!

Filed in Argentina, Exams, Gaming, Spring 2007

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

Adrian, stop reading my blog!! It's embarrassing so stop it!! But shame, at least I've written so much it'll get tiring! :D

I've decided to record all my blog entry titles to a notepad list because I'm never too sure if I've used the title before or not. And holy hell I never realized the list was so long... I need to not blog as much, but that'll never happen. Actually it's kinda funny. When I look at the list of blog entry titles, I can tell when I've had a period of good days or weeks or terrible ones since I can remember plenty of the entries or just a vague summary. Like 4 bad entries in a row then a whole bunch of good, then one or two bad then a few good, then a whole major lot of bad. :P

Anyway, I'm hard out studying now. I ended up getting distracted this morning... and maybe afternoon, since I got up at 7.30am. I've got a nasty habit of waking up at that time or earlier on weekends and I can never get back to sleep, so I just hopping on my computer and decided to have a little bit of fun and play some World of Warcraft, since I thought I'd be on early and Jake'd be on. So I hopped on MSN and WoW... darn it, he was away. For two hours! Watching television!! Haha it's all good, I had fun questing around in Duskwood and picking up heaps of silk for tailoring and loads of enchanting materials. :)

I was planning to study hard out for Classics but I guess I got distracted once he came back since he decided to help me with random things and I didn't hop off WoW (I had a shower and breakfast and the usual mind you!!) until just before 4pm... and didn't start studying until about 5pm. I can see why Carl and Mitch and Lillis and stuff didn't play 5 aside soccer so they could study instead, I was knackered and power napped yesterday and had to catch up with my WoW today so yeah. I managed to do some more of Mrs. Redpath's awesome style of taking notes and applied them to the Art and Architecture paper for Classics. I got distracted AGAIN after about half an hour and then had dinner... basically, I've only really done study on that. But Aristophanes won't be hard since we've done so much practice in class on it (thank you Mr. Hassall!!) so I'll be sweet for it. :)

I Managed to get study pages done for Philip the Arabian, the Bust of Commodus, the Pont du Gard, Trajan's Column, the Theatre at Leptis Magna and Hadrian's Baths, although I'm praying that Hadrian's Baths won't be in the paper along with the Temple of Bacchus. Basically, I've thought that I could study 6 of the 7 images Mr. Hassall told us to study, since we'll be given 3 images (one easy, two hard - usually that's the case) and we choose two of them. Hadrian's Baths and the Temple of Bacchus are the hardest in my opinion so I chose to study whichever looked the easiest and if both of them get chosen, then I'll choose the one I've studied. Neat plan, eh? :D

But CRAP. I am SCREWED for Alexander if the question doesn't revolve around aspects of his religious nature or a few of his military battles which I've studied. I dunno, for some reason I just find religion one of the most fascinating topics anyone can think of so as soon as I got the Alexander book back when he was handing them out, I just read and studied his religion hard out and nothing else. And I studied some battles for one of the tests he gave us about the battle of Issus (barely). Actually, come to think of it, aside from his religion I know NOTHING about Alexander. I'm really going to have to make up so much stuff in this test, so much that Mr. Hassall will probably be even more disappointed in me than he currently is. And he believes me to be one of his great students, or so he used to think before the tragedy of my Socrates essay. :sweat:

Thinking positively, yesterday was so much fun!! We had 5 aside soccer all day and our team (The Exec$) dressed up in suits and basically played our opponents in them. Although we didn't have a great turnout, since so many people dropped out of the team because of exams, so there was only me, David, Callum, Tahn, Sean and Craig. We won two games and lost two, and ended up losing out whatever the last game you call is, so we didn't make it to the finals, but we did a brilliant job if you think about the fact that we were playing in suits all day and we only had one substitute player. :D

It was kinda annoying, since after our four division games we were meant to have an hour break so me, Callum and Sean went off to Burger King for lunch. We managed to get back in half an hour and we sat down and started eating... and then all of a sudden we were told we had to play. Wtf? Everyone was confused and us three felt like crap since we'd just had food and immediately had to play soccer. Thankfully David and Craig didn't go anywhere so we had a team of 5, but Tahn had buggered off somewhere since we'd all thought we had an hour, but managed to get back just after we started. Needless to say we all played like crap and Morrinsville thrashed us. :P

But we looked damn good. Most of the people there even thought we looked pretty sharp, since heads kept turning when we'd walk by and we played well despite our handicap. Even the captain of the Morrinsville team yelled out "Yeah Boys' High!" when we were playing at one point. Oh and Mr. Leach brought his suit along as well, although it didn't make the cut because he only brought the coat and he didn't have a white dress shirt and a tie. But South came along to support us and he was dressed in his suit as well and it was awesome!! Something else amusing was that Adrian was watching us between his games (each game was like half an hour with a half hour break between matches) and every now and then he'd go "DREAM TEAM!!" and we'd reply with a "... shut up" as a piss-take since a lot of the Netcafix users always get annoyed whenever the Dream Team (regulars) always yell it out. :P

And omg, I recognized so many people there but the most embarrassing was the first team we played: Hillcrest. I knew I recognized two of their players from somewhere but I wasn't too sure... then I remembered: Bjorn's party. Crap crap crap... so I tried to hide but it was impossible then one of them (I'm pretty sure his name's Matt but this is going back to last year) was like "Hey... aren't you Jonny? Yeah, you were at Bjorn's party, the guy who steals everyone's alcohol!" and my god I turned SO red. But it was a good match and they're nice guys and would wave and say hi everytime they'd pass us with their couch (the two Hillcrest teams were alternating ownership of a couch between matches). :P

Oh and everyone will be disappointed to know that Nathan wasn't there. Yes, I know, it was a tragic event. :cry:

After soccer, I basically crashed. I was SO sunburnt on the cheeks and majorly tired so I had a shower after eating something and then lay on my bed. We ended up not having band practice thank god since Conor was in Raglan and Bill was apparently working. Tim came around to my place though to FINALLY pick up his bottle of bourbon from way back (see blog entry - Over the Hills and Far Away) and then I washed mum's car since dad was upgrading everything on my computer (he said he basically took everything out and gave me faster and better bits - I dunno the specs though, I forgot how to find them out) and once I did that I power napped until like nearly 8pm. Then I got no study done because I decided to play some WoW because I knew I was too tired to do a good job of studying. :P

Wow, my life is pretty tragic at the moment when it comes to exams. I'm really only going to pass two of the three Classics papers tomorrow. I don't even want to think of Maths the day after on Tuesday. :eek:

And just as a reminder to my self, today was the day something very personally significant happened. It was nice, as quoted from The Bothersome Man. :)

~ Jonny

Mr. Hassall: Now Jonathan, I hope you can answer this fascinating question I have. I was talking to my previous class, as I always do, about how well my students are going. I mentioned Matthew and how wonderful he is going with Alexander, Narayan of course I said was picking things up and going along very nicely. And then I mentioned how well you are going with your studies. And some students just laughed! *Matt, Narayan, Connor and Daniel try not to laugh at this* Can you please tell my why they might laugh? I hope you're not misleading me about how well your studies are going!
Me: Uhh of course not sir, don't listen to them, they're just being silly.

Filed in Exams, Gaming, Life, Soccer, Spring 2007

The Game

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 02 September 2007 - 09:30 AM

... you just lost the game! Ooh burn. Sorry, I just remembered about that and couldn't help mentioning it. :P

Maaan yesterday was the 1st of September and I should have blogged since it was the first of a month but I think I got distracted or was too lazy last night to even blog so I'll make up for it by blogging today. :P

Yesterday was pretty ok. I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed since I had to go to music classes so I just slept in. Then mum came into my room and tried to get me out of bed but I just told her I'd go to the 10am Theory of Music class instead of the 8am one so I didn't have to be there until 8.40am for Wind Band... but I overslept again and mum ended up taking me and we got there at 9am. So I just hung around my keyboard class until my lesson at 9.20am and then I bumped into Rebecca from work since she finishes her drum at the same time as my keyboard class ends and we're in the classes next to each other. So I decided to skip Theory of Music (again) and just talked to Rebecca for about 50mins about random things. :P

But then in the afternoon I had a nap and then had a row with mum about me wanting to drive to the movies but she was going to see a movie at roughly the same time as us so she wanted to drive me there. I was planning to pick Callum up but this kinda ruined the plan somewhat and I also wanted to go to town earlier since Cam didn't mind a round of Netcafix however I couldn't get a hold of Callum so we didn't plan it. In the end, after about an hour of arguing and sour looks, we picked Callum up and then went into town. Since we were early, me and Callum just wandered around but saw Daniel and South so we decided to stalk them but then Daniel turned to look at something then saw us so we just walked with them to Netcafix and had a game (after much debate) of C&C3 where I got owned (as always) with my Pitbulls and Rocket Soldiers. I love those units so much. :D

Anyway, we ran to Rialto after hastily finishing our match of C&C3 to meet up with Cameron and he had an ice-cream for me which my mum bought. So we went into the cinema to watch Priceless... and it was bloody good. I couldn't stop laughing in so many parts of the film and I wasn't the only one in the audience roaring with laughter. It stars my favourite actress Audrey Tautou (the main reason why I wanted to go) and she did a brilliant job in the movie, alongside Gad Elmaleh who did an amazing job as well. Although the ending was not as great as I'd hoped, it was better than Day Watch in my opinion which is actually really amazing. Well, better in the sense of acting, plot and humour, Day Watch was just action-packed and really good all round. And I did notice that the ending of Hors de Prix (French for Priceless heehee) was just like that of Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (Amélie), since it ended with Irène (Audrey Tautou) on the back of Jean's (Gad Elmaleh) motorbike and they just drove off, exactly like that of Amélie. Although Priceless had a more cornier ending. :P

This is the film festival booklet's description of Priceless:

"For gold-digging Irène (Audrey Tautou), being kept offers the best of society life. Apart from unwelcome interludes when she's dropped back into the market, Irène is on to a good thing. Then one day she mistakes Jean, an opportunistic waiter, for a handsome millionaire, who is in no hurry to correct the impression. So starts this irreverent revision of Breakfast at Tiffany's which soon turns the table on cunning Irène. Once he has been led, rather quickly and foolishly, to financial ruin, love-sick Jean finds his own sugar-mummy. The pair form a loose coalition of the willing as they teach one another how to maximize profits without conceding too much bottom line..."

Now I'm just going to continually quote the movies we've seen at the international film festival, with great quotes such as...

Guy: Ok, now where's the money?
Manager: In my f-off pocket.

Irène: I'd like to... I'd love to...

Jean: *to Irène's next victim* Do you have a light?
*he extends his left hand and displays his new watch worth $30,000 which he got from his victim in Irène's direction*
*Irène looks up, sees him and the watch and chokes on her drink*
Irène: Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom.

*as Jean is about to leave the bathroom*
Irène: Jean, what's the time?
*Jean turns around and looks at his watch with a smile*
Jean: 9 diamonds past.

Ahh I wish I could watch more films since every single film we saw was amazing. Although I'm also glad it's over because now I can focus on studying although it's still hard since I'm so damn lazy. :P

Today was just uneventful since I studied in the morning, played some Mumu as a break to Maths (got 1761, the exact same score as the last time I played and nowhere near my high score... it took over 2 hours to get to 1761), continued to do some Maths... then as soon as mum left to go watch Priceless, I hopped on World of Warcraft. My mate Jake (known as Yorkster on the forums) ended up helping me with heaps of quests including the evil Deadmines instance and I hopped off about 5 hours later... I only planned to play for a few hours as a break from study. Oh well, there's always tomorrow since there's no way in hell I plan on doing anymore study today. :sweat:

I'm also really excited about 5-aside soccer this coming Saturday!! We're all dressing up in suits to play the game in and it's gonna be all day so it'll be mega fun and a nice break from exams and study. And I might see Nathan if he decides to do 5-aside soccer as well!! :D

Oh but I'm really annoyed. Carl didn't come to see Priceless so I'm guessing his parents were being cows and made him stay home to study. He never really gets a break... I mean it's good to study and stuff but at the rate his parents make him study, it's basically torture. *sigh* I think I'll just surprise him and be more nice than I usually am to him tomorrow. :(

Oh yeah. Everyone's praying to the gods to pass English. Hardly anybody even knows the name of the poems we're studying (apart from the dirty ones), some people don't even have the collection of short stories by Katherine Mansfield, and looking at the marks the class got for our last Julius Caesar essay (not the most recent one, she hasn't even handed that back yet) we're going to be in big trouble. Oh and there's only about one week excluding exam week where we're not in class to do our wide reading assignment which hardly anyone's even started, let alone finished reading all the books. :sweat:

~ Jonny

Mum: I'd like one ticket to The Lives of Others... and an ice-cream for my son for when he comes.
Girl who works at Rialto: Oh, is your son the boy who's been to something like 10 movies already?

Filed in Gaming, Friends, Life, Movies, Spring 2007

Beautiful

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 31 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

The Italian was a stunning film... everyone should have come to see it. Callum ended up coming and once it finished he said something quite funny, "I will not cry, I will not cry" since the end was so touching. And I was right! It was in fact a "nice" film as I said it was to everyone last week when discussing films, despite the fact that the description of the film wasn't all that pleasant.

But I'm so annoyed since Carl couldn't come to this film either because he had to go to youth group (he hadn't been last week because he came to see Day Watch with us) and Cam wouldn't come because of the description of the film and he didn't want to "waste" $11.50. But HOPEFULLY Carl will be coming to see Priceless tomorrow and Cam said he'd come see it so it'll be awesome. Blair can't come though because he's got a dancing competition up in Auckland and no one else wants to come see the film. :P

GRR. Cameron just reminded me over MSN. He scared me today during Spanish since he suddenly got this random thing out of his bag and just held it up strangely in his hand so he could press the button in and do something. So he came up to me and I immediately questioned what it was and he said a tazer... so I just panicked and freaked out, jumped out of my chair and ran behind Mr. Matthews. Then I had a swell time running around the class trying to dodge Cameron and ended up knocking a chair over while jumping over it and past the desk and out the door. After going back inside and keeping some distance from Cameron, he started to charge up all the metal on my desk... then told me it was a barbeque lighter, not a tazer. Seriously, I nearly had a panic attack because of it, it was freaking scary. :sure:

Oh and I keep getting seen doing the strangest things at the oddest of times. Like today during English, me and Carl were mucking about and he kept disturbing me. He has this habit of ripping off the ends of his fingernails to trim them down and he kept poking me with it still attached to his nail and I was getting grossed out so I kept poking him. Then we both tried to poke/tickle each other in the ribs and he ended up grabbing my hands and then Mrs. Redpath just looked at us strangely while explaining about the text, and amazingly enough said nothing. She's used to me and Carl doing strange things. :P

And when the bell went at the end of 4th period, I went to meet Carl outside of Classics (he's in the other Classics class) to convince him to come watch The Italian. So I went through Mr. West's class in C2 (he takes Film & Television in the Music Dept. and Callum's in that class) to get to A block and Classics is in A4. According to Callum who told me later on, once I "pranced" through C2 and left the classroom, Mr. West just followed me with his eyes then looked at Callum then carried on speaking. Long story with this. :P

Apparently Mr. West is convinced I'm "not right", as quoted in A View From The Bridge by Arthur Miller and keeps talking about me in that light in his classes and Callum always has to rush to my defense. Mr. West is an awesome person though, don't get me wrong. But he's thoroughly convinced... actually, come to think of it, maybe that's why he's always so cheerful and smiling and waving heaps whenever he sees me and says hi and I say hi back. Usually he's really angry to students he doesn't know (and does know mind you), but then again I know him and he's a nice person, seriously. :P

Anyway, back to the funny situations. I was waiting outside of Classics and saw someone with an afro walking towards me and I thought someone had a fake wig on or something but then I realized it was just David. I couldn't stop laughing as I told him and he just looked at me strangely and then went into Classics. Then Cam walked towards me and just stopped to chat and then tried to drag me into A4 to have Classics when I'm meant to have Music, and Mr. Hassall saw me as I clung to the doorframe and ran off and he was just smiling and laughing. Then I finally met Carl after Callum went into the class and we had a nice chat but I got annoyed since he said he couldn't and he'd talk to me afterwards. So once school finished I waited outside A4 and walked and talked with Callum and Carl. Although I clung to Carl for a while and he clung back and we whinged to each other and Adeel walked past saying "I don't think I want to know what you two are doing" and someone else I know but I forget the name of, said it looked "pretty dodgey" and Carl said he had youth group and couldn't miss it two weeks in a row. :(

People know me! It's completely scary. I'll walk down a corridor or maybe it'll be outside of school or just between classes and people will be like "Yeah Jonny Tan!" or "Hey Jonny" or "Jonny Tan!!" It happened again when me and Callum were walking to town, Hewitt just bikes past going "Jo-nny Tan, Jo-nny Tan!" in his usual self, then half a minute later another two people on one bike go past and one of them just yelled out to me "JONNY!!" and it was weird. :eek:

Oh yeah, it was hilarious. While me and Cal were waiting for the movie, we just had some rounds of C&C3 at Netcafix. We couldn't help but laugh as we listened to some of the people (mates of ours of course) in the room were just yelling out and talking and stuff. It was hilarious! Best one was with Thomas and others playing some DotA, it was his and his mate's first time playing and Thomas just yelled out "Oh you do that then, I think I'll just have to go invisible! OH. So you can see me while I'm invisible, fine then, just kill me will you!" and he had this funny as voice and it was just hilarious, you had to be there to see hear it. Also he was like to his mate "Oh my god don't do that, I'll stab you!" and his mate replied with a "I'll punch you in the face! In real life!" :P

~ Jonny

*while looking at GBA games*
Callum: *really loudly and angry* Where are all the Pokemon games?!
*little kids just turn around and look at him*

Filed in Friends, Gaming, Life, School, Movies, Winter 2007

The Best Thing

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

What might the best thing in the world be? Hugs of course! :)

After having practically 3 days off of school, I went back today. It wasn't so bad although I was actually really tired by the end of first period. Nothing interesting actually happened in school, although I'm currently trying to learn Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel on the piano and I spent all of my Music class learning it and managed to get the first 16 bars good enough to be played at a reasonable speed without many mistakes... quite an achievement for someone who doesn't really play piano. :D

Oh yeah, today Callum was checking out the movies screening for the International Film Festival being played in Hamilton. I'd seen the schedule a few weeks before thanks to Boris and a few movies stood out which I definitely wanted to watch, especially The Italian and Priceless which stars Audrey Tautou. Best actress ever. But then I glanced at the shedule again and noticed some other films I really wanted to see like Control. I dunno, I just have this big liking for depressing films which is kinda strange, but movies which are sombre and have a sad atmosphere always seem to have really good storylines and are somehow really attractive. :)

Afterschool, me, Cam and Cal went to Netcafix to meet up with Sam and Sma (Harwood) since me and Cal needed to hang around town to wait for production to start and Cam decided to come to Netcafix with us. We played some C&C3 (I got really freaked out by the radar jamming and just as I was about to invade this one guy's base my computer gave me the blue screen of death so I just cbf after that) and then moved onto Counter-Strike. I just suck at both those games so I'm pretty much the noob, I should have just stuck to my MMOs or something. :P

Tonight was our best night yet for production. Despite it being the hostels from Boys' and Girls' High, they were a really great audience and we got through the play with hardly any hiccups. Although as soon as the play started, me and the girl next to me were counting down the pages until Act I was over and we could get out of the light. I got another piggy back ride from Tom but then Mr. Leach told us off because we were being too loud so we had to stop. Oh but then I met someone I hadn't seen in ages, Nikkita from last year's production!! It was awesome stuff to just catch up and she was just her usual self. But the funniest bit of the night...

Me and Tom were listening to songs on my iPod when Cory came along. Tom then tried to get Cory to listen to some "pretty sweet songs" on my iPod but Cory wouldn't budge... turns out Cory's a "{expletive Chuck Norris'd by Cspace}" in his terms haha he listens to R&B and rap and hip hop and stuff like that. So I ended up trying to find a song on my iPod which he might like but it was pretty difficult... he liked the intro to some songs (Revolutionaire by Mana3, w00t) but then didn't like the rest of the songs. But then I found one he found acceptable... but Tom didn't like it. Trying to make two people with completely different musical tastes to your own (well, mostly anyway) is pretty darn hard. Tom's more into acoustic guitar, lounge songs or just heavy-ish songs, just no screaming or death metal or rap and stuff. I ended up nearly giving up but then I found my good ol' favourite...

Zoot Suit Riot by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. Yay, they both actually liked it! And they were doing all the drumming and the singing and stuff which was hilarious to watch. My god, sometimes it's nearly impossible to make two people happy at once. :P

After the show I also bumped into Sam from last year's production as well, she was a BV (backing vocal) girl and she's got an amazing singing voice. We exchanged hugs and talked for a while and just caught up which was really nice. And then more hugs and more talking and then I just showed her around so she could see all the old faces from last year. And then more hugs and then we both had to go. :P

But there's one thing I can't stop thinking about despite all that's happening with my life at the moment...

MORRINSVILLE ON SATURDAY!! NATHAN!!

Ugh. I'm SO annoyed with heaps of people at school at the moment. Every single time I get excited about going to Morrinsville for soccer people immediately are like "Nathan!! Now you can see your boyfriend again!!" and then I think I mentioned it during some random class and this one guy was like "Why the hell would you want to go to Morrinsville of all places? Usually you get an opposite reaction to that" and then someone replied with "He just wants to go see his male lover again" and I was all like "ARGH!!" He's just a fun person to talk to. :sure:

~ Jonny

Doco about Ancient Greece: ... and they lost the battle due to the strength of the mighty Spartans.
Me, Lillis and South: THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA! *chest kick*

Filed in Production, Movies, Gaming, Friends, Boys, Winter 2007

Rookie of the Year

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 28 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

Today (or yesterday, I should be sleeping since it's past midnight and I have production rehersals tomorrow!!) was a pretty... I think bad day. I knew as soon as I got up it'd go all wrong haha and it kinda did. Woke up late for my music classes so we raced to the university... and I forgot my clarinet. So I just sat there during band just tapping a drumstick on the desk for Danny. :P

Soccer was pretty brutal and annoying. Carl said Peter was gonna come watch our match at 11am... but he didn't come. I just kept staring off into nothing waiting for him to come and I wasn't paying much attention to the soccer match. Hamish was getting pretty pissed off at me because I was so cheerful and daydreaming so I stick my tongue out at you Hamish, *tongue*. You need to lighten up a bit, it's just a game! Anyway, Peter FINALLY arrived after like 20mins and he missed Carl's spectacular goal in the first 2mins of the game. So then I started to play normally but was still pretty {expletive hax0rd by Cspace} which was really strange for once. I got called for everything every 5mins or so. Usually my throw ins are good but today I kept making rookie mistakes, I tackled a guy from behind, I did the first hand ball of the match, I just sucked. But I made up for it with bursts of sudden soccer enthusiasm every now and then and then I just died down to muck around and just talk.

GRR. There was no one interesting to talk to in the game. Peter was on the other side of the field, Carl was up in the forward lines, Lillis was in goal first half and then no one on the other team was very fun at all. And Hamish kept yelling and getting all angry with me because I was being happy and talking and stuff. I wish we were playing Morrinsville again real soon... :(

Work was tiring and lame. I don't think I want to talk about it today. :P

And I bought World of Warcraft... yes, I know. I'm bad. But I just remembered how much fun it is, it's quite a change from Guild Wars. There are other things to do instead of stuff like killing things and quests. But don't get me wrong, Guild Wars is real fun. I'll be going back to it once Eye of the North comes out since I'm just waiting for that now. Like I've always had fun with Herbalism and Alchemy in World of Warcraft, just running around hunting for ingredients then making potions!! :)

Oh. Just thought I'd mention this, I'm addicted to Alcest's album "Souvenirs d'un autre Monde". It's probably one of the best albums ever since it's soothing, has a really nice atmosphere and also has heavy and light backing but nice vocals. I love it so much. :D

~ Jonny

Kyne: Won Seuk can do the backing for my solo performance!
Mr. Mayall: But he isn't here so that won't work.
Won Seuk: I don't want to do the backing track.
Mr. Mayall: Won Seuk! What are you doing in this class?! You don't have Music!
Me: Yeah Won Seuk, go back to Maths!
Mr. Mayall: Jonny Tan! What are YOU doing here?!

Filed in Gaming, Life, Soccer, Winter 2007

This Is How I Disappear

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 14 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

I know, I'm terrible. I need to stop being "offline" more and actually being "online". People could think I'm dying... well technically I AM dying, we all are!! *dramatic music* Ahh I need to blog more. I said I'd blog heaps when Ratty disappeared to Europe but I've hardly blogged at all. I blame my yearning for Rat. :(

Anyway, my plan for homework these holidays have been going to plan. Well, not really. I still haven't started anything and it's past 1am Sunday morning. School starts again on Tuesday (yay for teacher only days!!) so I'm gonna cram all my Maths on Monday. Music... I'll do during the week. Classics can be done whenever I guess, Mr. Hassall won't mind if he doesn't know. Three cheers for procrastination!! :D

Besides homework, I've been playing Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven WAAAAY too much ever since dad got me the old crappy computer. So now I have a Windows 98 lying on top of my Windows XP computer... *sigh* it's such a hassle taking out the plugs and switching them around so I can play the game but it's definitely worth it! I've forgotten how much I love that game. The gameplay is awesome, the storyline is amazing and the music is astounding! Seriously, I hunted everywhere for the music only to find out all I had to do was stick my MM6 play disk into either my cd player or rip it via WMP. But naming the tracks was sooo frustrating, I took 2 hours trying to find the names and eventually just named them after the location you hear the music (along with help from a few websites with completely different names for the tracks). :sure:

And I just got a random text from Rebecca. She was like "omg The Outback is so much fun! When you turn 18 I'm taking you". We seem to be making so many plans for when we both get older and stuff which is kinda funny. Like next year when I get study periods and she goes to uni, during lunchtimes and study she's gonna take me (she said she'd drive) to town which sounds fun as! Oh that reminds me, we're meant to go see movies at Chartwell now, although she's been having movie nights so I guess that's an ok alternative. :P

On a lighter note... AAAAARGH. Production sucks to the max. I haven't learnt my lines and now Mr. Leach wants a Chinese accent out of me but it's so impossible! I already had problems trying to do Scottish and now he wants Chinese. I'm just not going to bother and stick with Scottish, if he desperately wants Chinese I'll do my mock accent. :P

"HARRO? ARBANY PORCHERRO?" (Hello? Albany Porcello?)

*sigh* Oh well, I really should go to bed. Night night. :P

~ Jonny

Rebecca: ... and he refers to Cara as "the noisy one"
*Cara comes back from her break*
Cara: Hoi Jonathan! What are yeew two luvbirds up to? Ooh oi see yuu've got the little bois again haw haw. OI bet yuu'd loike to chew on those ones, eh? They taste noice raw don't they? Pretty tender and aww mi gawd they're soooo yummy oi think oi'm going to bouy some when oi finish moi shift. Have a snack on some little bois for the weekend if you know what oi mean haw haw!

Filed in Life, Gaming, Winter 2007

Page 1 of 1