CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

JGJTan Icon : (05 July 2018 - 10:07 AM) So this has been a while! It's @jgjtan and @leftyy here having a nostalgia trip. We hope you all have been having a great time so far! Miss you, be back in another 5-10 years. (Or find me on social media -- it's not that hard.)
MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The Game

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 02 September 2007 - 09:30 AM

... you just lost the game! Ooh burn. Sorry, I just remembered about that and couldn't help mentioning it. :P

Maaan yesterday was the 1st of September and I should have blogged since it was the first of a month but I think I got distracted or was too lazy last night to even blog so I'll make up for it by blogging today. :P

Yesterday was pretty ok. I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed since I had to go to music classes so I just slept in. Then mum came into my room and tried to get me out of bed but I just told her I'd go to the 10am Theory of Music class instead of the 8am one so I didn't have to be there until 8.40am for Wind Band... but I overslept again and mum ended up taking me and we got there at 9am. So I just hung around my keyboard class until my lesson at 9.20am and then I bumped into Rebecca from work since she finishes her drum at the same time as my keyboard class ends and we're in the classes next to each other. So I decided to skip Theory of Music (again) and just talked to Rebecca for about 50mins about random things. :P

But then in the afternoon I had a nap and then had a row with mum about me wanting to drive to the movies but she was going to see a movie at roughly the same time as us so she wanted to drive me there. I was planning to pick Callum up but this kinda ruined the plan somewhat and I also wanted to go to town earlier since Cam didn't mind a round of Netcafix however I couldn't get a hold of Callum so we didn't plan it. In the end, after about an hour of arguing and sour looks, we picked Callum up and then went into town. Since we were early, me and Callum just wandered around but saw Daniel and South so we decided to stalk them but then Daniel turned to look at something then saw us so we just walked with them to Netcafix and had a game (after much debate) of C&C3 where I got owned (as always) with my Pitbulls and Rocket Soldiers. I love those units so much. :D

Anyway, we ran to Rialto after hastily finishing our match of C&C3 to meet up with Cameron and he had an ice-cream for me which my mum bought. So we went into the cinema to watch Priceless... and it was bloody good. I couldn't stop laughing in so many parts of the film and I wasn't the only one in the audience roaring with laughter. It stars my favourite actress Audrey Tautou (the main reason why I wanted to go) and she did a brilliant job in the movie, alongside Gad Elmaleh who did an amazing job as well. Although the ending was not as great as I'd hoped, it was better than Day Watch in my opinion which is actually really amazing. Well, better in the sense of acting, plot and humour, Day Watch was just action-packed and really good all round. And I did notice that the ending of Hors de Prix (French for Priceless heehee) was just like that of Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (Amélie), since it ended with Irène (Audrey Tautou) on the back of Jean's (Gad Elmaleh) motorbike and they just drove off, exactly like that of Amélie. Although Priceless had a more cornier ending. :P

This is the film festival booklet's description of Priceless:

"For gold-digging Irène (Audrey Tautou), being kept offers the best of society life. Apart from unwelcome interludes when she's dropped back into the market, Irène is on to a good thing. Then one day she mistakes Jean, an opportunistic waiter, for a handsome millionaire, who is in no hurry to correct the impression. So starts this irreverent revision of Breakfast at Tiffany's which soon turns the table on cunning Irène. Once he has been led, rather quickly and foolishly, to financial ruin, love-sick Jean finds his own sugar-mummy. The pair form a loose coalition of the willing as they teach one another how to maximize profits without conceding too much bottom line..."

Now I'm just going to continually quote the movies we've seen at the international film festival, with great quotes such as...

Guy: Ok, now where's the money?
Manager: In my f-off pocket.

Irène: I'd like to... I'd love to...

Jean: *to Irène's next victim* Do you have a light?
*he extends his left hand and displays his new watch worth $30,000 which he got from his victim in Irène's direction*
*Irène looks up, sees him and the watch and chokes on her drink*
Irène: Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom.

*as Jean is about to leave the bathroom*
Irène: Jean, what's the time?
*Jean turns around and looks at his watch with a smile*
Jean: 9 diamonds past.

Ahh I wish I could watch more films since every single film we saw was amazing. Although I'm also glad it's over because now I can focus on studying although it's still hard since I'm so damn lazy. :P

Today was just uneventful since I studied in the morning, played some Mumu as a break to Maths (got 1761, the exact same score as the last time I played and nowhere near my high score... it took over 2 hours to get to 1761), continued to do some Maths... then as soon as mum left to go watch Priceless, I hopped on World of Warcraft. My mate Jake (known as Yorkster on the forums) ended up helping me with heaps of quests including the evil Deadmines instance and I hopped off about 5 hours later... I only planned to play for a few hours as a break from study. Oh well, there's always tomorrow since there's no way in hell I plan on doing anymore study today. :sweat:

I'm also really excited about 5-aside soccer this coming Saturday!! We're all dressing up in suits to play the game in and it's gonna be all day so it'll be mega fun and a nice break from exams and study. And I might see Nathan if he decides to do 5-aside soccer as well!! :D

Oh but I'm really annoyed. Carl didn't come to see Priceless so I'm guessing his parents were being cows and made him stay home to study. He never really gets a break... I mean it's good to study and stuff but at the rate his parents make him study, it's basically torture. *sigh* I think I'll just surprise him and be more nice than I usually am to him tomorrow. :(

Oh yeah. Everyone's praying to the gods to pass English. Hardly anybody even knows the name of the poems we're studying (apart from the dirty ones), some people don't even have the collection of short stories by Katherine Mansfield, and looking at the marks the class got for our last Julius Caesar essay (not the most recent one, she hasn't even handed that back yet) we're going to be in big trouble. Oh and there's only about one week excluding exam week where we're not in class to do our wide reading assignment which hardly anyone's even started, let alone finished reading all the books. :sweat:

~ Jonny

Mum: I'd like one ticket to The Lives of Others... and an ice-cream for my son for when he comes.
Girl who works at Rialto: Oh, is your son the boy who's been to something like 10 movies already?

Filed in Gaming, Friends, Life, Movies, Spring 2007

Beautiful

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 31 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

The Italian was a stunning film... everyone should have come to see it. Callum ended up coming and once it finished he said something quite funny, "I will not cry, I will not cry" since the end was so touching. And I was right! It was in fact a "nice" film as I said it was to everyone last week when discussing films, despite the fact that the description of the film wasn't all that pleasant.

But I'm so annoyed since Carl couldn't come to this film either because he had to go to youth group (he hadn't been last week because he came to see Day Watch with us) and Cam wouldn't come because of the description of the film and he didn't want to "waste" $11.50. But HOPEFULLY Carl will be coming to see Priceless tomorrow and Cam said he'd come see it so it'll be awesome. Blair can't come though because he's got a dancing competition up in Auckland and no one else wants to come see the film. :P

GRR. Cameron just reminded me over MSN. He scared me today during Spanish since he suddenly got this random thing out of his bag and just held it up strangely in his hand so he could press the button in and do something. So he came up to me and I immediately questioned what it was and he said a tazer... so I just panicked and freaked out, jumped out of my chair and ran behind Mr. Matthews. Then I had a swell time running around the class trying to dodge Cameron and ended up knocking a chair over while jumping over it and past the desk and out the door. After going back inside and keeping some distance from Cameron, he started to charge up all the metal on my desk... then told me it was a barbeque lighter, not a tazer. Seriously, I nearly had a panic attack because of it, it was freaking scary. :sure:

Oh and I keep getting seen doing the strangest things at the oddest of times. Like today during English, me and Carl were mucking about and he kept disturbing me. He has this habit of ripping off the ends of his fingernails to trim them down and he kept poking me with it still attached to his nail and I was getting grossed out so I kept poking him. Then we both tried to poke/tickle each other in the ribs and he ended up grabbing my hands and then Mrs. Redpath just looked at us strangely while explaining about the text, and amazingly enough said nothing. She's used to me and Carl doing strange things. :P

And when the bell went at the end of 4th period, I went to meet Carl outside of Classics (he's in the other Classics class) to convince him to come watch The Italian. So I went through Mr. West's class in C2 (he takes Film & Television in the Music Dept. and Callum's in that class) to get to A block and Classics is in A4. According to Callum who told me later on, once I "pranced" through C2 and left the classroom, Mr. West just followed me with his eyes then looked at Callum then carried on speaking. Long story with this. :P

Apparently Mr. West is convinced I'm "not right", as quoted in A View From The Bridge by Arthur Miller and keeps talking about me in that light in his classes and Callum always has to rush to my defense. Mr. West is an awesome person though, don't get me wrong. But he's thoroughly convinced... actually, come to think of it, maybe that's why he's always so cheerful and smiling and waving heaps whenever he sees me and says hi and I say hi back. Usually he's really angry to students he doesn't know (and does know mind you), but then again I know him and he's a nice person, seriously. :P

Anyway, back to the funny situations. I was waiting outside of Classics and saw someone with an afro walking towards me and I thought someone had a fake wig on or something but then I realized it was just David. I couldn't stop laughing as I told him and he just looked at me strangely and then went into Classics. Then Cam walked towards me and just stopped to chat and then tried to drag me into A4 to have Classics when I'm meant to have Music, and Mr. Hassall saw me as I clung to the doorframe and ran off and he was just smiling and laughing. Then I finally met Carl after Callum went into the class and we had a nice chat but I got annoyed since he said he couldn't and he'd talk to me afterwards. So once school finished I waited outside A4 and walked and talked with Callum and Carl. Although I clung to Carl for a while and he clung back and we whinged to each other and Adeel walked past saying "I don't think I want to know what you two are doing" and someone else I know but I forget the name of, said it looked "pretty dodgey" and Carl said he had youth group and couldn't miss it two weeks in a row. :(

People know me! It's completely scary. I'll walk down a corridor or maybe it'll be outside of school or just between classes and people will be like "Yeah Jonny Tan!" or "Hey Jonny" or "Jonny Tan!!" It happened again when me and Callum were walking to town, Hewitt just bikes past going "Jo-nny Tan, Jo-nny Tan!" in his usual self, then half a minute later another two people on one bike go past and one of them just yelled out to me "JONNY!!" and it was weird. :eek:

Oh yeah, it was hilarious. While me and Cal were waiting for the movie, we just had some rounds of C&C3 at Netcafix. We couldn't help but laugh as we listened to some of the people (mates of ours of course) in the room were just yelling out and talking and stuff. It was hilarious! Best one was with Thomas and others playing some DotA, it was his and his mate's first time playing and Thomas just yelled out "Oh you do that then, I think I'll just have to go invisible! OH. So you can see me while I'm invisible, fine then, just kill me will you!" and he had this funny as voice and it was just hilarious, you had to be there to see hear it. Also he was like to his mate "Oh my god don't do that, I'll stab you!" and his mate replied with a "I'll punch you in the face! In real life!" :P

~ Jonny

*while looking at GBA games*
Callum: *really loudly and angry* Where are all the Pokemon games?!
*little kids just turn around and look at him*

Filed in Friends, Gaming, Life, School, Movies, Winter 2007

Planet Hell

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 30 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Me, Callum and Blair went and saw The Bothersome Man today and it was a really good film! Although I actually did say "wtf" once it finished because... it was just bizarre. It ended just like that in the most random of places, but that only bothered me a little. :P

Anyway, starting chronologically! Today I organized band practice for first period, mainly because I didn't do the Spanish homework and Mr. Matthews mentioned to me he wanted to listen to what we'd accomplished so far so I just texted everyone to practice. Everyone from Spanish came down but we hadn't even set up yet so they came back in half an hour while we practiced and it went really well! Although I didn't know A Wonderful World and had to sight read it... it went well, despite the fact I had hardly any practice at it and I had to transpose the chords up a semitone. It was good... then I screwed up a chord and played it in the wrong place and Conor stopped singing thinking he was in the wrong place and it just went downhill, so I stopped playing and just listened and it was nice. :D

Maths... Mr. Stowers is definitely worried. He told me that this course was probably not the right one for me and I couldn't agree more. Although I've learnt quite a bit more than I would in a normal class, despite the fact the probability of me passing is quite slim now. Physics was just normal and Hardaker cracked his bad jokes here and there, and managed to throw in a mad scientist laugh. Music was fun since I just sat in the Year 10 class and listened to Mr. Galbraith give a lesson and then joined in when they had a group practice of their blues songs. Then Classics was normal since Mr. Hassall talked for half the period before remembering he had to take the roll, then we had yet another spelling test and then he just talked a bit more. :P

And when I got home I decided to have a break from movies and studying so I hopped on WoW for once this week after some C&C3... then mum caught me and had a massive psych telling me to study... and now I'm grounded from watching films during weekdays until exams are over. Wow. I've never been grounded before. She made an exception for tonight since it was short notice but I'd already bought all my tickets... and I'm seeing The Italian with Callum tomorrow. So I had to convince mum to let me see it and then went off to pick up Blair from his house.

I got scared. I didn't want to knock on the door since I'm legally not meant to be taking passengers unless they're a family member so I just texted Blair and he told me to come inside. Turns out he just told his parents I have my full licence so it was all good. His parents are real nice as well so I wasn't nervous, but it's funny how his mum's so talkative and nice. Anyway, so once Family Guy was over, we left his house and I drove us to town. We met up with Callum at the cinemas, bought Blair's ticket (his mum gave him money since she didn't want other people paying for him) and I got a large frozen coke and a medium popcorn for us and we went into the cinema.

The movie was so funny! Really creepy if you think deeply into it but SO hilarious, everyone in the cinema just couldn't stop laughing for about the first minute, because it consisted of a couple kissing very loudly for ages with the main guy Andreas staring at them, before jumping off the subway platform into the path of a train. Yeah. The movie's actually really good though, brilliant idea. But if you think about it, there's no plot. But that was intended to highlight the main theme and idea behind the film, I believe. And the ending was just SO strange. Everyone in the cinema was confused once it ended since it ended crazily and we waited behind for the credits to finish to see if there would be something to explain it... but there wasn't. :P

So me and Blair split up with Callum since he was getting picked up and we went to get a drink and something to eat. We were planning on having a walk through town to find a place but we saw this cafe open on the other side of the road so we just went there. He got a chocolate milk and I got a strawberry milk and I got chips for both of us. So we just chilled out and chatted for a while. He finished his milk way too fast and I'd hardly drunken any, and he said he wouldn't eat anymore chips since he'd finished his milk so I just gave him the rest of mine to get him to help me finish the food since I had a famine day today. :P

Once we were finished (our drinks, we ate like half the chips and both said we were full) I just drove us home. But I've convinced Blair that he should come out to see movies with us more often now, since he told me he actually enjoyed it and it was a nice feeling to go see a movie with mates on a weekday. :)

Oh yeah! Strange thing today, I hadn't eaten for over 24 hours prior to having dinner at 7.30pm, which was about a handful of rice with a bit of meat. I dunno, it was strange. I didn't have breakfast and I didn't pack lunch so I just didn't eat all day until 7.30pm which was hardly anything. I ain't feeling that hungry either which is slightly creepy. :eek:

Mufti day tomorrow!! I'm so excited about it. I'm gonna have a fun time getting all pouty at Carl. I attacked him at the end of lunch today with a barrage of pokes and inter-locking fingers since I had to whinge to him about not being able to see The Bothersome Man with us. He said he had no way to get there so I was like I'll drive but then he said he had no way of getting home... and I ain't driving halfway to Raglan past 10pm. He said his life was pretty {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}ty in terms of social outgoings because his parents really want him to study, and I don't blame them, but they should let him have a break every now and then. But he said he'd talk to me tomorrow about seeing either The Italian tomorrow or Priceless on Saturday. Tomorrow'll be more likely though since he can just wait afterschool in town since the movie's at 6.15pm and then just wait for his dad to finish work or something. Either that or he'll just crash with Peter... at Netcafix. :P

~ Jonny

Me: Do you need me to walk you down your driveway.
Blair: No, because as soon as you drive off a rapist will jump out of the bushes and kidnap me and then rape me!
Me: ... you'd like that, I know it.
Blair: N-- oh wait. Yeah haha I would.

Filed in Friends, Hanging Out, Life, Movies, Winter 2007

Time Consumer

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 29 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

Excuse the previous post, I was having an emo mood swing. :P

So today was super awesome!! Although first period was lame because I had my Calculus test (changed to today, not Friday!!) and it was bad. Although Mr. Stowers wasn't there today and we had a prefect looking after us... who handed out the test papers then yelled out "don't cheat!!" and buggered off to his own class. So within the first 10mins half the class had their books out to double-check the answers to some of the questions. :P

But holy cow, that test was hard. Most of the class even said that... apart from Cameron. He's just a freak. But we still love you!! Most of the questions were worth 4 marks making them majorly hard, one was even worth 6! Like I revised since Sunday and I can do all the easy questions... but no way in hell I can do hard ones like that, especially if they're ALL hard. Not even my Maths notebook could save me so I threw it on the floor after trying to understand my notes almost immediately... funny how when trying to cheat, it doesn't help me at all. :P

Anyway, aside from Maths. Class was great!! Although I'm not going to wag anymore since I believe I'm on the naughty list for people who don't turn up to class, since once during Classics a note came around and Mr. Hassall read it and didn't say anything, but looked at me and then everywhere else and then wrote something on it then gave it back to the runner. He then was like to me "A mysterious note, asking if a certain somebody was in the classroom at this time. And I happily replied with a yes he is!" and I was thinking like "crap crap crap crap crap" since I knew it was me. So now I'm being careful about all this and I'm going to get a note from Music to say I need to be out of class to do stuff instead of just not turn up and explain afterwards it's to do with Music...

So that's why I can't skip school tomorrow to go watch movies with Callum! It's bad of him but he's going to see Noise at 11am and then Die Hard 4.0 before going home once school is meant to finish and then seeing I Served the King of England and then The Bothersome Man. I don't really want to skip school to see movies though so I'm only gonna go watch The Bothersome Man. But my day was made super awesome because I've convinced a number of people to come watch the movie with me and Callum. I persuaded Carl to come see it, it wasn't that hard really. Although I hope he actually is allowed to come see it, since he said he had to study but I told him the exams are a week away and he needs a break to chill with mates so he'll come. I convinced Blair to... mainly because I'm giving him a lift to the cinema (he lives down the road) and I'm paying for his ticket since I want people to come. Also I convinced Steven from Classics (also met at Blair's party) to come watch it and he might be bringing a friend, then I convinced Chris Orton to come and maybe a few others so it'll be awesome. :P

And English was actually fun!! Me and Carl and two others got to finish off our film reviews from weeks ago in the library so we just talked and wrote. We cracked jokes and Mark was pretty funny and me and Carl said the AWESOMEST thing ever and couldn't stop laughing for ages... it'll be my quote. :D

I am SO excited about tomorrow!! Gonna see another movie with LOADS more people this time!! Jesus Camp (movie, not the actual place!!) we went to with Boris and Regan so that was pleasant company, although me and Cal saw Control by ourselves, although we were joined by Eliza so I guess it's all good. I'll be a loner for The Italian though if Callum decides he doesn't want to come, although I think I'm convincing him to come. But in terms of the three movies I've seen so far...

Day Watch > Control > Jesus Camp

I actually liked Control more than Jesus Camp because it was a touching story and I felt like crying afterwards, although I just sat there thinking and staring at the screen for a bit after the film before getting up. And Jesus Camp was just a horror film so it wasn't as good as Control. But of course Day Watch is the best... because it just is, seriously. :eek4:

It's so funny. Today during Classics as I was recruiting people to watch The Bothersome Man tomorrow (btw it's at 8.30pm tomorrow at Rialto for anyone in the neighbourhood) I asked Mr. Hassall if he was going to watch any film festival films but he said he didn't have enough time like I would... then he told me I should dedicate myself to Socrates as much as films, in a jokingly manner of course! Then I handed him the booklet to read and he saw some pretty interesting films, pity they're over though. And I told him about Control and he said he wouldn't have minded seeing that since he likes Joy Division and has all their cds and then handed it back, telling me I'm fortunate to have so much leisure. All these films are eating into my free time. :P

Maan I'm so excited about tomorrow!! Although I think I annoyed Carl by inviting Chris, since Carl doesn't like Chris that much because one time Chris insulted him. Jeez. :sure:

Oh and Mitch and Narayan and stuff keep giving me and Carl weird looks. Gosh, holding hands a lot of the time is a normal thing! Haha jokes!

~ Jonny

Carl: Gosh Jonny, a while back you said you wouldn't play WoW, ever. Look at you now... Mark, do you play computer games?
Mark: Nah I don't play computer games, I go out hunting instead.
Me: You should play computer games, you can kill animals there and it's safer and more fun!
Carl: I bet your skinning level is real high!
Me: You'd be a real good hunter!
Me and Carl: Do you have a pet?!

Filed in Movies, School, Winter 2007

Over the Hills and Far Away

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 26 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

... is where I was last night. More about that shortly since I'm trying to keep this in chronological order. :P

So I haven't blogged in ages!! I feel kinda bad about it but I haven't had the time to blog. I actually can't remember wh-- oh wait, yeah I remember what I did on Thursday. Turns out Mr. Hassall used me as an example to his previous Classics class... I knew he'd talk about it as soon as I showed him my achievement stocktake. His words were something along the lines of...

Mr. Hassall: Gentlemen, I'm sure you all know Jonathan Tan from the other class, delightful person. Now, Simon (Simon had his head on the table and looked like he was sleeping but looked up when he heard his name), I'm sure you know Jonathan. Do you think he would hand in an excellent Socrates essay?
Simon: Jonny Tan? Yeah I guess.
Mr. Hassall: He handed in nothing! But could he have handed in an essay worth excellence?
Simon: I guess.
Mr. Hassall: Of course he could. However he didn't. But don't think of him badly because of this, he is a delightful person. He is one of those people who would never talk behind your back and someone you can always trust.

Mr. Hassall is so awesome but I feel so bad by not handing in a Socrates essay. Damn my laziness. :P

Also I got my Physics results from the internal we did before. Not Achieved. Crap... Hardaker gave a speech before handing out the results, since it was just a rant about how NCEA can pass bad students and fail good students and said that those who got hardly any marks and "did not achieve", to be PC, deserved to fail, and those who missed out by one mark deserved to pass. The paper had two parts to it, an explain (knowledge about the theory behind stuff) area and a calculation (correct calculations) area. I missed out by one EXCELLENCE for an Excellence pass in the theory (holy cow)... and I missed out on one Achieved for an Achieved pass in the calculations portion. So basically I failed, since they take your lowest grade and use that as the final grade. I'm so annoyed at that. But Mr. Hardaker apologized and even wrote "Sorry Jonathan" on the front of the test paper so that made me feel better. Oh well, we don't get a re-sit so I just lost 3 credits. I ain't that upset over it though, since I only failed by one mark due to the crappy NCEA system. :P

And something amusing is going on by where me and my mates hang out at break times. There's a wall by where we sit (it actually has significance... the caretaker told us the wall has a history about a guy struck by lightning and the wall is in a zig-zag shape as a monument to him) and there was one side which had a loose brick (again, history behind that - truck backed into it making that part unstable). So now another group of people who sit beside us (also friends with them as well) and my group have combined our powers to tear down the wall. And I'm surprised at how fast it's going down... there was only one brick loose and from that, we managed to take down most of the wall until we got to one nasty bit which had two rods going up at an angle making it hard to take down. Not even the use of Physics thanks to Souvik and Mitch (talk about torques and stuff) could bring it down. :(

That is, until Won Seuk came along and used his karate powers to just kick it down. Although Ms. Moffit caught him before he could take it all down (it was on a terrible angle after he'd gone all martial arts on it) so she had a rage and told him to go away and when he got back, someone had finished it off. Although no one seems to be doing anything about it since the caretakers and teachers know yet no one's stopping people from busting it down. We think they want it removed so they're getting us to do the work for them. I got a picture on my phone of it before Won Seuk went mental at it... ignore the phallic imagery according to my mates. :P

Posted Image

On Friday, me, Carl, Callum, Cameron and South went to see Day Watch, the sequel to Night Watch and the second in the trilogy. It was on for the International Film Festival in Hamilton... at first I didn't want to see it but Callum talked me into it and after watching Night Watch, I had to see it. Holy. Crap. It is THE BEST film I've seen in 2007, period. The plot was brilliant and the cinematography was AMAZING. Me and Callum couldn't stop talking about it once we got out of the cinema and went home, it was that good. I'm really looking forward to the final movie... Night Watch was so great. It's also good because we started our movie-watching for the International Film Festival by hitting a high note. Hopefully the rest of the films we watch are just as good and we're closing with Priceless which will be good as! :D

Before then while waiting in town, we went to Netcafix (internet cafe) to muck around until the movie at 8.30pm and we had heaps of fun. I didn't realize it, but the Dream Team (just a group of regular Netcafix people, I'm friends most of them funnily enough but I don't know a few) practice their gaming skills on Fridays all night so I was really surprised when I saw Peter, Charlie and Thomas walk into the place. After gaming for ages, we went to Burgerfuel for dinner and took our food to eat outside of the cinema... and my brother came out of the cinema from the movie screening before ours (he saw Helvetica, a documentary about a font??). I immediately regretted calling out to him because I realized my friends still worshipped him because he has a moustache and is a movie fanatic. Turns out he's watched 6 films already (not as good as his previous year but still a lot) and he's got plenty more to go through. :P

Yesterday we had our last game of the season for normal soccer!! We played an amazing match (thank god I didn't have to go in goal first half, Callum volunteered since I didn't want to do it) and it was great! We won 5-2 against Hamilton Christian School compared to our last match against them where we lost pretty badly. David got man of the match with his brilliant goal-keeping last half. So many times they would have gotten a goal against anyone else but David was a tank. His reflexes just made him deflect the ball so many times, the other team was getting so annoyed. But we could tell it was an amazing match because everyone on the sideline kept making "oohs" and "ahhs" and so many cheers and claps during the game. Although I got injured in the last 10 or so minutes. I collided with a guy as we both went for the ball and I cut my lips and gum. At first I thought it was ok so I just continued along and wiped my hand... and there was heaps of blood. I thought it'd stop so I kept going but every now and then I'd wipe my hand to clear the blood and eventually my hand was covered in it and Cameron was like "holy {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}" so I immediately subbed and all the parents gasped when I came off. But according to everyone I looked like a vampire since I've got pretty big incisors and blood was running down them and was stuck between my teeth. :P

And it was Lillis' birthday yesterday so we sang happy birthday for him at the end!! And we had a team photo!! So it was a pretty good start to the day for him. :P

During work (I won't blog too much about work, it sucked) Tim, Conor and Chris found me. I didn't answer their text messages because before work I was napping and then I couldn't text during work, and they only found me because they ended up looking for Lloyd since he works with me and they saw me instead. They invited me for drinks after work but I said I was working late to 10.30pm but they didn't care, although Chris had to be home by 10pm so it would only be me, Conor and Tim. So after work, I met them out on the hills outside of Huntington and we had a few drinks. I only had one and a half KGBs since they started before me and it wasn't fun drinking when the people around me were already drunk so I stayed sober and looked after them...

Conor was smashed. Wow. I'll never forget that, he's the last person you'd expect to drink. He's such a nice person (he's that really good singer I might have mentioned before) and you couldn't imagine him drunk... I realized after a while that he was exactly like me at Blair's party, minus the puking. Apologizing all the time and laughing and talking and doing the normal drinking stuff... I have a photo of him on my phone after he chucked up a few times. It ain't clear but it's amusing all the same. :P

So after relocating from Conor's puke (seriously, he needs to learn to digest his food as me and Tim said) to another hill, we had a few more drinks and then I decided to call them a taxi since Tim was getting tipsy/drunk (he's a tank when it comes to drinking... 24 standard drinks and he's still normal, as in slightly tipsy but still aware of his surroundings, compared to Conor's 6/7 and already out) and Conor was trying to be less sick by not moving and puking every now and then. Apparently he'd never been this drunk and they only came out to drink because they wanted to drink with "the legendary Jonny Tanked!" which was quite amusing in my opinion. During the day, Conor and Tim were deciding what to do for the day since Conor was hanging out with Tim for the day (Conor lives in Raglan). So they decided on their options which were "pick up some girls, find a party, hang around, go to the mall..." and then they thought of "finding Jonny Tanked!" so they asked Adrian for my cellphone and found me eventually. :eek:

So I got my phone out to call a taxi... but none of us knew the number. Uh oh. So we tried to think of ideas but then Conor yelled out "DIRECTORY 018!" and fell back into unconsciousness and I called the directory to get the number of a taxi company... three times for different cabs, since they were all engaged or not picking up. I spent about 20-30mins calling them and eventually got one to take them home. Jeez. And I had to use the cover for my mum that I was out at a party with someone called "Ashleigh Stevenson" (random surname called out by Chris at work) and that her parents were picking me up and dropping me off. Phew. Although I had trouble explaining the dirt on my shirt and trousers... I think she thought I got up to some dirty business but I told her we were sitting on the ground which was the truth, but I don't think she believed it. :P

Oh yeah, to anyone I know in real life who reads this blog, you didn't hear that Conor was drunk. He'll murder me if he finds out so just keep it to yourselves. :P

Anyway, today was pretty nice. I slept in for once which was really nice and me and mum went out to have lunch at a Chinese restaurant, Master House. It's a really nice place with good food and mum knows the owner from way back in the times mum took painting classes so they talked for ages while I ate. Then we went shopping afterwards (I saw Tahn, Sma, Liam and John in town which was amusing but they didn't see me) and eventually went to have some chips and a drink at Metropolis. Then we went to Pak 'n' Save to get some groceries but I didn't get to see Carl working which was a shame. But I am so glad I ain't a checkout operator there, I'd be working non-stop for hours until my break. They have the lowest prices of all supermarkets and everyone goes to shop there... there were trolley jams in all the aisles and the trolley bay had hardly any trolleys in it. They have to constantly fill it because if they didn't add trolleys to it, there'd be dozens of angry people lining up for trolleys. Seriously, from completely full to completely empty, I estimate it'd take only a few minutes at rush hour if they didn't try to fill it. :eek:

After arriving home, I just played WoW. Yeah, I'm pretty bad but it's addictive. And I've started Maths revision now!! I'm currently writing up all my theory notes into a brand new book so I can remember everything as I write it. Although apparently I have a calculus test on Friday so I have to speed up if I want to get to those notes on time, I'm only up to quadratics at the moment. :(

Tomorrow should be great, gonna see Jesus Camp with Callum and maybe a few others if they want to come tomorrow night. :)

And sorry about the long blog entry, this is what happens if I don't blog for a few days and everything interesting happens. :P

~ Jonny

Mr. Kotze: What is the derivative of a cubic graph?
Matt: A parabola?
Mr. Kotze: Correct. Now what is the derivative of a parabola?
Someone else: A straight line?
Mr. Kotze: Correct. Now what is the derivative of a straight line?
*silence*
Cabbage student: Half a straight line?
*Mr. Kotze just stares blankly, then walks off to his desk shaking his head*

Filed in Alcohol, Life, Movies, School, Soccer, Winter 2007

The Best Thing

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

What might the best thing in the world be? Hugs of course! :)

After having practically 3 days off of school, I went back today. It wasn't so bad although I was actually really tired by the end of first period. Nothing interesting actually happened in school, although I'm currently trying to learn Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel on the piano and I spent all of my Music class learning it and managed to get the first 16 bars good enough to be played at a reasonable speed without many mistakes... quite an achievement for someone who doesn't really play piano. :D

Oh yeah, today Callum was checking out the movies screening for the International Film Festival being played in Hamilton. I'd seen the schedule a few weeks before thanks to Boris and a few movies stood out which I definitely wanted to watch, especially The Italian and Priceless which stars Audrey Tautou. Best actress ever. But then I glanced at the shedule again and noticed some other films I really wanted to see like Control. I dunno, I just have this big liking for depressing films which is kinda strange, but movies which are sombre and have a sad atmosphere always seem to have really good storylines and are somehow really attractive. :)

Afterschool, me, Cam and Cal went to Netcafix to meet up with Sam and Sma (Harwood) since me and Cal needed to hang around town to wait for production to start and Cam decided to come to Netcafix with us. We played some C&C3 (I got really freaked out by the radar jamming and just as I was about to invade this one guy's base my computer gave me the blue screen of death so I just cbf after that) and then moved onto Counter-Strike. I just suck at both those games so I'm pretty much the noob, I should have just stuck to my MMOs or something. :P

Tonight was our best night yet for production. Despite it being the hostels from Boys' and Girls' High, they were a really great audience and we got through the play with hardly any hiccups. Although as soon as the play started, me and the girl next to me were counting down the pages until Act I was over and we could get out of the light. I got another piggy back ride from Tom but then Mr. Leach told us off because we were being too loud so we had to stop. Oh but then I met someone I hadn't seen in ages, Nikkita from last year's production!! It was awesome stuff to just catch up and she was just her usual self. But the funniest bit of the night...

Me and Tom were listening to songs on my iPod when Cory came along. Tom then tried to get Cory to listen to some "pretty sweet songs" on my iPod but Cory wouldn't budge... turns out Cory's a "{expletive Chuck Norris'd by Cspace}" in his terms haha he listens to R&B and rap and hip hop and stuff like that. So I ended up trying to find a song on my iPod which he might like but it was pretty difficult... he liked the intro to some songs (Revolutionaire by Mana3, w00t) but then didn't like the rest of the songs. But then I found one he found acceptable... but Tom didn't like it. Trying to make two people with completely different musical tastes to your own (well, mostly anyway) is pretty darn hard. Tom's more into acoustic guitar, lounge songs or just heavy-ish songs, just no screaming or death metal or rap and stuff. I ended up nearly giving up but then I found my good ol' favourite...

Zoot Suit Riot by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. Yay, they both actually liked it! And they were doing all the drumming and the singing and stuff which was hilarious to watch. My god, sometimes it's nearly impossible to make two people happy at once. :P

After the show I also bumped into Sam from last year's production as well, she was a BV (backing vocal) girl and she's got an amazing singing voice. We exchanged hugs and talked for a while and just caught up which was really nice. And then more hugs and more talking and then I just showed her around so she could see all the old faces from last year. And then more hugs and then we both had to go. :P

But there's one thing I can't stop thinking about despite all that's happening with my life at the moment...

MORRINSVILLE ON SATURDAY!! NATHAN!!

Ugh. I'm SO annoyed with heaps of people at school at the moment. Every single time I get excited about going to Morrinsville for soccer people immediately are like "Nathan!! Now you can see your boyfriend again!!" and then I think I mentioned it during some random class and this one guy was like "Why the hell would you want to go to Morrinsville of all places? Usually you get an opposite reaction to that" and then someone replied with "He just wants to go see his male lover again" and I was all like "ARGH!!" He's just a fun person to talk to. :sure:

~ Jonny

Doco about Ancient Greece: ... and they lost the battle due to the strength of the mighty Spartans.
Me, Lillis and South: THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA! *chest kick*

Filed in Production, Movies, Gaming, Friends, Boys, Winter 2007

Page 1 of 1