CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

JGJTan Icon : (05 July 2018 - 10:07 AM) So this has been a while! It's @jgjtan and @leftyy here having a nostalgia trip. We hope you all have been having a great time so far! Miss you, be back in another 5-10 years. (Or find me on social media -- it's not that hard.)
MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The (After) Life of the Party

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 13 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

The one thing which sucks about going to a party and getting a little tipsy... people talk about it the next day at school. :P

I couldn't even walk far upon arriving at school when Tim comes along and shakes my hand for a job well done on Saturday night. And two other people waved to me and started smiling and they happened to be at the party as well. Seriously, people should have better things to talk about haha. :P

We had jazz band practice first thing in the morning so Tim decided to tell me all the interesting things which happened on Saturday. Turns out the dirt on the back of Tom's shirt which I pointed out during the party was from him and Sam having a bit of a make-out session in the garden... and afterwards on the sofa and again in the garden. Seriously, some people need to hold it in a little more. There wasn't as much to be embarrassed about this time... apart from the fact I was more or less drunk BEFORE the party even began. People keep twisting the story so I'm going to say it here for historical reference!

During the intermission of the production, I took Tim downstairs since we'd been talking a bit before and I wouldn't tell him why I was taking him down there. I then opened up my favourite wine (Wither Hills Savignon Blanc) and poured us each a glass as a toast to a good performance so far and one for the night. We then walked out... but the wine fired me up and was so warm inside and when I turned to say something to him, we both knew and we went back and had another glass. After that, we went upstairs to continue with the show (still intermission) but as soon as I talked to Cory (he was showing me his music) he just sat back and said I'd been drinking. Now, I didn't realize that two glasses of wine had such a strong effect on one's breath... so I just covered my mouth and didn't speak for a while. But people overheard and soon enough everyone knew I'd been drinking but no one even mentioned anything about Tim which was SO annoying. So I just demanded for lollies from Matt to mask my breath but I needed 3 lollies to cover most of it and tested it on Tom (he hadn't heard about my drinking) after failed attempts on Hannah and Cory and it proved successful! :P

Just before my part I ran down to just have another glass (to warm up and get me pumped for my part) and then got ready for my part. When I went upstairs... everyone was waiting and watching for me to do my part. I got SO annoyed. I wasn't drunk, just slightly happy and people wanted to see this. Ashley was about to rip his face off and kept saying "I hope you don't forget your lines" and Cory and Tom were just peering from behind the curtains to watch me. I ended up remembering all my lines... but I couldn't stop smiling as I said them. I'm meant to be a bad guy with an evil expression yet all I could do was smiling. When I got off stage I ended up just laughing into Tom and then went downstairs... for one last glass. Then up for the bows and wow, I'm pretty sure I sang my heart out because I'd never sung that loud or proud at the performances, ever. :eek:

So after that we all gathered downstairs to remove our makeup and I offered Simon (main character) a glass as a congratulations for a job well done however he declined, yet I eventually got him to just have one sip but he wouldn't have anymore... so I just downed the glass. And Tim ended up taking me back to the changing rooms and offered me 2 glasses of his Cody's so I accepted those and downed them. But then I was having trouble putting the wine bottle back into my bag among all the other stuff and Callum (BLAME CALLUM) suggested that I just finish the bottle at the theatre so I don't have to carry it around. So I did. And then we went up to celebrate with Mr. Leach having shouted us pizzas...

And then it got a little hazy and I ended up at the party, dancing all of a sudden with people all around me and Brendan singing to me. How... interesting. I think I'll just leave it at that. :P

According to eye-witnesses, while still at the theatre, I opened up my second bottle of wine (Saints Chardonnay) and gave Mr. Leach a glass to drink and he fake-drinked to make me happy and then put the glass down and started laughing with Mr. La Marre. Also, Simon called for silence to say the speeches and it happened to be "perfect timing" when there was silence because I was mid-way through conversation and I just said, fully out loud without a care in the world, "I'm so awesome when I'm drunk" in hard out silence. How embarrassing. There's worse but I'm not going to say it here... :eek:

Anyway, jazz band practice was a nightmare. All the music and arts teachers were just cracking joke after joke about drinking and it got so embarrassing. I tried to point my finger at Tim to direct the flow of jokes at him but that backfired and made things worse so it was pretty bad. Some of them were just TERRIBLE, and as Adrian says, "terrible yet so awesome" which is actually pretty funny. The one I'm going to use as my quote ended up making me cry due to laughter. An example of a bad joke was "Ok, everyone turn to Reach Out, we're going to play that one next" "Or in Jonny Tan's case, Retch Up" *bah-doom tshh* "We could all do Zoot Suit Riot instead so Timjah could throw back a bottle of beer" *bah-doom tshh* Seriously, they were BAD. And I couldn't walk around the school without people I knew who were at the party or whose friends were there coming up to me to smile and give me a pat on the back with an embarrassing comment. :sweat:

I'm surprised I actually made it through the day without shooting myself. Even Shaun was like to me during Classics, "Jonny, how was the party? You were SO drunk" and I immediately just turned red and started making loud noises because he said it right in front of Mr. Hassall. I couldn't look at him for the rest of the period. :(

But one thing constantly itching at the back of my mind today. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I JUST ASK FOR NATHAN'S FREAKING NUMBER? I'm so pissed off because I'll never see him again for a very long time, if ever, and I missed the opportunity to get his number. Even people at school were asking me if I got his number or not and when I said no, they were all shocked and amazed. GRR. I couldn't stop mentioning his name during class and break times and I was just constantly whining about wanting to play Morrinsville again during soccer practice. I'm so sad and desperate. I should have gotten his number...

~ Jonny

Mr. Mayall: Woah woah, stop. Trumpets, you guys need to play louder in that bar, just blast it out.
Mr. Botting: Also, to the saxophones, after the 20th bar, the only person I could hear slurring was Jonny Tan.
*bah-doom tshh*

Filed in School, Production, Partying, Alcohol, Winter 2007

The Best Thing

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

What might the best thing in the world be? Hugs of course! :)

After having practically 3 days off of school, I went back today. It wasn't so bad although I was actually really tired by the end of first period. Nothing interesting actually happened in school, although I'm currently trying to learn Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel on the piano and I spent all of my Music class learning it and managed to get the first 16 bars good enough to be played at a reasonable speed without many mistakes... quite an achievement for someone who doesn't really play piano. :D

Oh yeah, today Callum was checking out the movies screening for the International Film Festival being played in Hamilton. I'd seen the schedule a few weeks before thanks to Boris and a few movies stood out which I definitely wanted to watch, especially The Italian and Priceless which stars Audrey Tautou. Best actress ever. But then I glanced at the shedule again and noticed some other films I really wanted to see like Control. I dunno, I just have this big liking for depressing films which is kinda strange, but movies which are sombre and have a sad atmosphere always seem to have really good storylines and are somehow really attractive. :)

Afterschool, me, Cam and Cal went to Netcafix to meet up with Sam and Sma (Harwood) since me and Cal needed to hang around town to wait for production to start and Cam decided to come to Netcafix with us. We played some C&C3 (I got really freaked out by the radar jamming and just as I was about to invade this one guy's base my computer gave me the blue screen of death so I just cbf after that) and then moved onto Counter-Strike. I just suck at both those games so I'm pretty much the noob, I should have just stuck to my MMOs or something. :P

Tonight was our best night yet for production. Despite it being the hostels from Boys' and Girls' High, they were a really great audience and we got through the play with hardly any hiccups. Although as soon as the play started, me and the girl next to me were counting down the pages until Act I was over and we could get out of the light. I got another piggy back ride from Tom but then Mr. Leach told us off because we were being too loud so we had to stop. Oh but then I met someone I hadn't seen in ages, Nikkita from last year's production!! It was awesome stuff to just catch up and she was just her usual self. But the funniest bit of the night...

Me and Tom were listening to songs on my iPod when Cory came along. Tom then tried to get Cory to listen to some "pretty sweet songs" on my iPod but Cory wouldn't budge... turns out Cory's a "{expletive Chuck Norris'd by Cspace}" in his terms haha he listens to R&B and rap and hip hop and stuff like that. So I ended up trying to find a song on my iPod which he might like but it was pretty difficult... he liked the intro to some songs (Revolutionaire by Mana3, w00t) but then didn't like the rest of the songs. But then I found one he found acceptable... but Tom didn't like it. Trying to make two people with completely different musical tastes to your own (well, mostly anyway) is pretty darn hard. Tom's more into acoustic guitar, lounge songs or just heavy-ish songs, just no screaming or death metal or rap and stuff. I ended up nearly giving up but then I found my good ol' favourite...

Zoot Suit Riot by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. Yay, they both actually liked it! And they were doing all the drumming and the singing and stuff which was hilarious to watch. My god, sometimes it's nearly impossible to make two people happy at once. :P

After the show I also bumped into Sam from last year's production as well, she was a BV (backing vocal) girl and she's got an amazing singing voice. We exchanged hugs and talked for a while and just caught up which was really nice. And then more hugs and more talking and then I just showed her around so she could see all the old faces from last year. And then more hugs and then we both had to go. :P

But there's one thing I can't stop thinking about despite all that's happening with my life at the moment...

MORRINSVILLE ON SATURDAY!! NATHAN!!

Ugh. I'm SO annoyed with heaps of people at school at the moment. Every single time I get excited about going to Morrinsville for soccer people immediately are like "Nathan!! Now you can see your boyfriend again!!" and then I think I mentioned it during some random class and this one guy was like "Why the hell would you want to go to Morrinsville of all places? Usually you get an opposite reaction to that" and then someone replied with "He just wants to go see his male lover again" and I was all like "ARGH!!" He's just a fun person to talk to. :sure:

~ Jonny

Doco about Ancient Greece: ... and they lost the battle due to the strength of the mighty Spartans.
Me, Lillis and South: THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA! *chest kick*

Filed in Production, Movies, Gaming, Friends, Boys, Winter 2007

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 08 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

I just realized that a lot of the songs I have tend to have quite... depressing names. It took me ages to find a happy one but then that one didn't fit, it was about love or something, then another was just wrong so yeah, I'll stick with Pink Floyd. :P

I've actually had a really great past few days! Apart from yesterday but I won't talk about that because that'll put a raincloud over this entry. I dunno what's making everything feel so great but I have really been enjoying myself recently which I haven't done for quite a while. :)

Today was fully booked for me. Production in the morning (matinee for the Year 9s), town between 1.00pm-5.30pm and then production again at night for the public. Production wasn't really interesting, apart from people missing lines or their cues or people just being absent and us panicking like mad. I ended up having fun counting the number of pages until the second act since I was up in the chorus getting hot and tired and jealous of damn Tom. Although after the end of Act I we had like a 5min break so me and Tom just mucked around and I tried to teach him the Amélie song and in return he taught me the melody for a song from Aladdin. Oh, and he gave me a piggy-back ride around the place and then I hopped on his shoulders... far out, when I was getting a piggy-back ride it was scary because I could never imagine being that freakin' tall. Everyone looks way different from that angle... apart from Sam. He's just still bloody tall. :P

And omg!! David texted me since I told him to tell me where we're playing for soccer on Saturday... OUR GAME'S AT MORRINSVILLE!! I can't wait to talk to Nathan again!! And my Saturday'll be soo awesome... soccer at Morrinsville with Nathan, then closing night for production in the arvo which'll be basically me mucking around with Tom backstage, then after that Mr. Leach is shouting us all pizza and then the after-production party at Ashley's house!! I can't wait!! :D

Anyway, town was pretty cool. Tom gave me a piggy-back ride halfway to town and then I hopped off because I was afraid of hurting him and he was beginning to get a sore back. So me, Callum, Tom, Chris and Rebekah walked into town to check out the movie times. Rebekah told us her really upsetting story about how her doctors all thought she had brain cancer because she fainted and then had fits and seizures and stuff at work and school and what-not. It turned out to be that she had epilepsy (diagnosed 3 weeks ago after visiting dozens of doctors) but a very strange and rare case of it so she's being used as a case study. She also has a blood problem and some allergic reactions and stuff so it's pretty serious stuff, they still don't know what caused her to suddenly break into epilepsy (the spot on the scan of her brain turned out to be benign) so she still has to visit the docs. :(

We got into town and Rebekah ended up going the opposite way since she wanted an ice-cream and we were planning on seeing a movie and having lunch. We met Adeel upstairs at the cinema and met up with another Chris while the Chris we were with ended up finding a place to lock his bike. We got tickets to Knocked Up (only movie we could watch due to time restrictions and from what was available) and went upstairs and met with the original Chris. But I feel awful... de Lisle (one locking up his bike) thought Orton (the other Chris) had bought his ticket as well so went up with us and we went into the cinema since there was no ticket-checker. But then during the movie the person came and de Lisle was the only one without a ticket due to a misunderstanding and ended up getting kicked out! I felt awful afterwards... but the movie was pretty good. Although we all cringed at the bit which showed the baby crowning... oh god that'll give me nightmares for a while. :X

Adeel ended up going off somewhere else so me, Cal, Tom and Chris went to grab some lunch. Tom ended up scrounging off me again because he was poor (he could afford it) but he gave me the whole puppy eyes thing and I'm a kind person so yeah. We ended up meeting heeeaps of people we knew all around the place. When me and Tom sat down with our food I saw Cory and Brock over at another table far away. We all then said we heard Ashley Cooper somewhere with her distinctive sound and laugh. Once we had lunch we just wandered and met up with Conor since he was just wandering in town as well so he decided to join us, then we bumped into Stephanie from work of all people. Callum then pointed out that Hayley from Peachgrove was with her so that was a very nice reunion and we exchanged stories and had a nice chat... leaving everyone else just listening, sorry guys! :sweat:

I told her (thanks to her MSN personal messages and screen names) that Megan Whiteman had in fact gotten pregnant and had a baby which she was just shocked at, but then gave me shocking news that a person a year below us which we knew had gotten pregnant and had a baby as well! It's worse because this person was under 16 which was really bad. I then asked about Helen and it turns out that she is now a table-top/pole dancer at Firecats, our local strip club/brothel. How... interesting. Our class seems pretty messed up now that I look back at it. :eek:

Also, Hamish walked by while we were catching up and it was creepy because it turns out he knows Hayley as well. Freakin' small world I live in, turns out Tom's the cousin to a friend I know from production last year. Oh and it was pretty funny since Hayley thought me and Tom were together. She was like "Uhh... Jonny, are you and uhh..." while pointing a finger back and forward at me and Tom, since Tom decided just before then to use my head as a head rest and wrapped his arms around my neck and chest. It didn't help when Tom jokingly encouraged the situation but I just found it amusing. :P

After saying goodbye to Hayley and Steph and apologizing to the others for the delay, we wandered into the music and dvd stores which was heaps of fun! Callum ended up buying 300, special edition of course and then the 300 soundtrack... then we went to the awesome underground music shop I like to go to and it turns out Tom likes the place as well. We spent ages in there just flicking through cds... and then THERE WERE POSTERS!! I almost died of ecstasy since I found a Within Temptation poster and then a Nightwish poster... so of course I bought both, I just had to! Callum immediately claimed the 300 poster before Chris could and Tom grabbed a trippy artistic-looking poster. :)

After buying posters and music, we wandered back out of the store, turned the corner and bumped into Carl who had a haircut. I immediately called out "CARL!!" and gave him a hug and he returned with a "JONNY!!" and returned the hug while holding a drink and a hotdog. He was about to meet his mum back at the carpark so we couldn't chat for long but it was nice to see him but kinda scary that we'd seen so many people. Further along we bumped into Blair and his new boyfriend. At first I was like "hey... is that... BLAIR!!" and it was kinda weird. Although he was having a fun time with his boyfriend (insert innuendo and laughter here) and I actually got to meet him for once since he'd been talking about him a lot for ages. And I actually rolled my eyes while I thought and typed that... how odd. Well after that, we didn't meet anyone else so we just walked back to the theatre for our night performance and Tom gave me a piggy-back ride for the last half of it. Although he wouldn't move until I said the magic words... "Hi-ho Silver, away!" :P

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week and Saturday, the days'll be awesome. :)

~ Jonny

Tom: $7.90?! Jooooooonny...
Me: Oh my god Tom no, I thought you brought money this time!
Tom: But I'm poor and jobless. If you buy me this butter chicken, I'll love you this much *extends arms* times two!
Me: Didn't you say that yesterday??
Tom: Uhh... times three? I'll throw in more piggy-back rides!

Filed in Friends, Life, Hanging Out, Production, Winter 2007

A Perfect Day

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 06 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

I dunno, I'll definitely have better and more fun days but today seemed real nice. It was everything I'd like and it was just pleasant, a nice day hanging out with friends. :)

We had our matinee for the Year 10s today and I have to say it went pretty bad. It was meant to start at 10am but it turns out that they were releasing the Year 10s to walk to the theatre AT 10am so we didn't start until something like 10.30-10.45am. And then Brock didn't show up until about 11am so we had to organize for someone else to read his lines for the part. There were also three pretty major screw-ups... all involved people not coming on stage for their cue. First was the truant officer... kinda ironic how he was "missing" from his scene... haha. Yeah, sad, I know. He was downstairs playing cards and Ashley and Simon were just wondering where the hell he was when he was meant to come on so they just walked around looking pretty silly on stage. They then walked out and walked back on and made up a completely new scene until Joe came running on stage and nearly tackled them as he said his dialogue. :P

Second was Ashley Cooper and Zara. Rebecca was just waiting on stage holding up her pregnant self while looking around waiting for the two to come on stage. She ended up just getting really red with embarrassment until they came sprinting on stage... and lastly was Rebecca when it was the scene with the baker. They waited for her to come on but she was too busy at the side talking so they just carried on and made up stuff without her... SO embarrassing. :sweat:

Oh yeah, I'm in love with Rebecca's musical composition. She's like a musical genius, although lacks all knowledge of theory. She can't read sheet music yet she can listen to a sound or tune and play it back on the piano. It's just amazing... and she composed a song for her father for his birthday and it sounds AMAZING. I said I'd write it down on a score the next time so she's really happy about that. So then I decided I'd try teach her a song... and everyone crowded around the piano when I began to play. I could hear Tahi, Tom and Rebecca with their constant "oh my god I want this song" behind me so when I finished, Tom placed a hand on my shoulder and was like "... you have to give me the sheet music so that my dad can teach me how to play this" and Tahi gave me a hug saying "Jonny, I love you for being able to play that song" and Rebecca was like "I AM SO HAPPY YOU'RE TEACHING ME THIS SONG!!" so now I've gotta photocopy it twice for Tom and Tahi and write out the notes in letter-form for Rebecca so they can learn it. And it's my favourite piano song:

Amélie Poulain - Comptine d'un autre été : l'après-midi :)

Anyway, my perfect day was like this: I had fun with friends at production, went to town afterwards to wander around with friends then watch a movie, then come home to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Might seem a little bland but it was actually really nice... it gave me a nice feeling inside which I hadn't had in ages. :)

Firstly after production (gosh, I can't believe the number of people who were going back to school for just two periods of the day, it was so silly!) me and Callum just organized what we'd do. We then shouted out to peeps if they wanted to go see The Simpsons Movie but heaps had already seen it. I mentioned it to Tom a while before and he was pretty keen (he was originally gonna go back to school, GRR to him) so he was gonna come along. Then Sally said she'd come along and we convinced Ashley to come see it but he'd come see it if it was after his lunch date with Lucy. So we hitched a ride with Sam to town and then checked out the time for the movie... turns out it was at 2.45pm and Tom had a gee-tar (heehee he says it like that and it's so amusing) lesson at like 3.30-4.00pm so he just hung around with us as we walked and browsed around town. :D

Oh and I offered to pay for Tom's venture in town since he didn't have any money and I wanted him to come with us instead of go to school so I kinda persuaded/forced him to come... despite his lack of socks but in the posession of shoes since he always wears sandals at school. So we had lunch and I ended up buying him sushi while Callum, Sally and her friend (man I feel stupid for forgetting her name) each got butter chicken. While waiting in line for Subway (yes I'm a capitalist scum as Callum or Lillis might say) I spotted Tahi and Steven grabbing some food as well so we all had our food at one table (Steven had butter chicken as well... thank god Tahi had tikka masala) and just talked and had fun. Although darn Tom was pretty hungry even after his sushi so he decided to just grab food off everyone else which was actually quite amusing. Although he then drank some of my juice after downing some wasabi as a dare and also tried to grab some of Sally's coke. Although he declined my offer of giving him some of my sub and instead decided to take some of Callum's nan bread and Steven and Sally's butter chicken. Tom cracks me up so much, I'm glad he's coming to town with us on Wednesday as well. :D

Oh and the funniest yet saddest thing ever... Callum was quick to point something out to me. Turns out he noticed a lady in a wheelchair was checking out exercycles... Sally couldn't stop laughing and my stomach hurt after quite some time. Yet I feel so bad for laughing but it was actually hilarious! :rofl:

So we went for a little wander around town (while keeping an eye out on Ms. Kanji - according to students who should have been in class, unlike us with a reason, said she was floating around and that if we weren't in Enterprise we should be careful) and ended up going to Mr. Whippy (my god Tom must have a stomach like a bottomless well, he sure as hell likes to eat... but then again he's pretty freakin' tall) and then some clothes shops to browse. I admit I actually enjoy clothes shopping... must be my mother for always taking me shopping with her wherever we went for like 2 hours. So I had heaps of fun checking out different clothes but screaming at the prices. Callum was just shaking his head and trying to disassociate himself with me saying that I made him feel pretty homosexual and Tom was just begging me to lend him $40 to buy some pretty cool-looking hats. So me and Tahi were having fun looking at clothes and so was Steven but not as much. Sally and her friend were just looking with amazement that guys could have fun clothes shopping and just wandered around the girls' section then just went outside after a while. Tom kept trying to keep me away from all the black clothes saying it was pretty emo (darn, if only I still had my eye liner on) and directed me to some actually nice-looking shirts and shorts... so I bought me a new black dress shirt. If I had time I would have bought some new black jeans but we were in a rush and had to go out. :(

And then once we got outside it was raining. We all brought cheap umbrellas from the $2 shop (they were $3.90?!) and I got one for Tom since he had to walk back to his car at the theatre and we had a bit of a sparring match with the brollies... immature, I admit. Oh, and I got him socks since I was sick of imagining how awful it would be to walk around in shoes without socks. So then once we got to the movies, Tahi and Steven left since they weren't gonna see it since Tahi had hockey and Steven was with him so we said bye then and waited for Ashley to arrive. Me and Tom had a few more sparring matches and then Ashley came and we said bye to Tom and saw The Simpsons Movie. :D

It was pretty funny but had some really lame jokes in it. Especially the between a rock and a hard place one, I felt like bashing my head against the wall for that. And the boob lady was just BAD. Eugh... *swoosh* ANYWAY. I really want that "Spiderpig" song, the one with all the chants and stuff. That actually sounded pretty cool. :P

After the movie, me and Cal said bye to Ashley and Sally and then wandered back. Although I had to drag Callum away from the DVD store because I knew we'd be there all night otherwise. And the place smelled strange. So I drove Callum back to work so he could walk back home since I've got my restricted licence and I ain't allowed to take passengers and his parents know that, so if I dropped him off home and they saw they'd go mental. :sweat:

So yeah, I have to say today was a perfect day for me, one of many to come. :)

~ Jonny

Tom: I love you this much *extends arms* but if you buy me this hat, I'll love you this much times two!

Filed in Production, Hanging Out, Life, Friends, Winter 2007

Dear Tragedy

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 05 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Ahh I've neglected this blog for a few days and it feels empty without a blog entry. :(

So my weekend's been pretty awesome!! I think I'll start in chronological order however ignore me if my train of thought happens to wander from time to time. :P

Saturday morning was terrible in terms of the weather. We had our soccer match all the way over at Melville and it was raining pretty badly. I had to drive and I woke up late and rushed like mad to get ready and get there on time. I got to Melville then parked right next to Mr. Hardaker... but did a crappy park because it was on a slope and there was a tree right in front of me so I had to do a hill start to park all the way up in front of the tree. Hardaker watched and then said something hilarious to me which'll be my quote of the day. Anyway, it turns out he woke up late as well and he said he'd have offered to take me to the match but he was in such a hurry he thought he was late and I'd already gone. So it was like 8.45am and I went onto the soccer field. I was the 8th player to get there... Tahn was right behind me so that made 9. Brilliant, it was just like our first game with Melville, only this time it was us with 9 players and them with 11 and subs. :sure:

So we played hard out. Bucky managed to make it 10mins into the game (amazingly enough Carl scored a goal in the first 2mins of play... just like last week's match) so that made 10. It was so damn cold and the rain made the whole field muddy. What's worse is that I didn't have anyone to talk to so all I could do was whinge to David, Lillis and Sean all match. But then right after half time (holy cow we were up 2-0) Bucky tripped while tackling this guy and the guy kicked the ball... but Buck's face got in the way so we went down to 9 players since he had to go off the field and shortly went home. We still played hard out and the rain got heavier, the temperature got colder and the field got muddier. Then Callum told me one of his leg muscles was hurting and I began to worry... and shortly after he tackled someone his leg cramped up and he had to go off the field. 8 players. So it was basically me and Carl on the left side trying to cover everything but I couldn't do much because since I'm such a sissy, I'm cautious when on muddy terrain (bloody Mitch and Carl were covered in mud within the first 15mins of play) so all I do is tackle and sprint.

Then Callum came back on which was good as but between the time he was on and off, they managed to score a goal from a direct shot at goal penalty because of some random reason. But I did something so stupid and it was unintentional. The halfway line was completely muddy water. It was absolutely disgusting. I went and took the ball off a guy and then ran to the halfway line where another guy was waiting for me. I then managed to kick the ball into the miniature moat of muddy water and stepped in it, then making a sound which was a cross between a yelp and a scream. I immediately got the whistle blown against me by Hardaker "for making stupid noises" which was pretty hilarious. But in the end we managed to win 3-1 or 4-1 which was real awesome. It was our best match EVER. :D

Saturday night was our first production performance!! I was pretty... not excited? It didn't help that Mrs. Andrews managed to do my makeup all funny and made me look like a girl... serious. Callum couldn't stop laughing and when people saw me for the first time, they'd be walking in one direct, glance at me, look away, then suddenly look back and just give me a funny look. It was BAD. I would have cried but then my makeup would have run. Anyway the night went really smooth!! I was actually surprised, even Aaron didn't make a blotch of the whole thing although he didn't really stick to his dialogue. He came to the theatre semi-stoned with a sore throat and he'd lost his voice and he didn't even know his lines. So when it came to my scene, I worked out something with Simon and we both came on at once and we did our dialogue. But as usual, Simon forgot his line and we both stood there for 2 seconds and I just murmered his line out of the corner of my mouth and that managed to save the whole scene from disaster. Phew, crisis averted. :sweat:

But what was so frustrating... the first real mistake was made right at the end. Simon said the wrong line and then just stood there not making another sound and no one said anything and covered for him. I was just going "oh god no" under my breath and everyone was about to tear their hair out. Then he managed to conjure up another line from another part of the dialogue... but then sat back down when he was meant to be standing and then the show ended. He just grabbed me afterwards and was like "OH GOD I SCREWED UP SO BADLY" which was pretty true but no one would have noticed... much. :P

And today was a nice relaxing day... until Jayne from work called me. I was thinking "oh my god please don't ask me to work, I have leave for a week!" but it turns out the situation was a repeat of last Monday and she was desperate. Jazmin managed to lock her swipe card in the cash up room and there was no way of getting in, so people couldn't cash up or get their tills out. So I went to work and gave her my swipe card and ended up just leaving it in the supervisors' drawer as a backup just in case there was a repeat of that situation again. I hope it doesn't get lost or stolen or something when I get back to work in a week. :sure:

Tomorrow we have the matinee for our production at 10am, either the Year 9s or 10s are coming to see us from our school. I really feel sorry for them, I don't know how they could endure such a boring play, although it is pretty interesting. Gotta wake up early tomorrow so I'm gonna head off to bed now, night night! :)

~ Jonny

Mr. Hardaker: You do realize that you're not helping the myth that Asians can't drive very well.

Filed in Production, Soccer, Winter 2007

My Heroine

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 02 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

I'm not on drugs right now!! Just to clarify. :P

Anyway, today was a really awesome day. We had the day off for production rehersals which was majorly lame. The first two 3-hour practices were pretty crap but the last was completely amazing. I take back all I whinged about production, this is coming together nicely. The last dress rehersal was amazing. We did everything precise, short and sharp and it looked and sounded real nice. Only Aaron sucks at his part because he doesn't know his lines but other than that, it was brilliant! :D

I had a bit of a spending spree today... spent $130 on cds. Bought "End of an Era" by Nightwish, the special edition for "Discovering the Waterfront" by Silverstein, "Into the Light" by the Nuclear Blast Allstars (collaberation (sp?) of Nuclear Blast's great musicians to make one cd) and "Five Score and Seven Years Ago" by Relient K. Well worth it... listening to them all is so great. I might just put them onto my iPod at school tomorrow since I have no time tonight. :P

But the meaning of my blog entry's title? Well here's a quick little story... :P

While I was waiting for my cue in production, I could see Tom and Jake jumping back every now and then and it looked like they were sparring or something like that. Anyway, they stopped when I went on stage since they seemed quite tired and when I got back, Tom came up behind me and gave me a surprise massage. It sucked. No offence Tom haha so I showed him how to do a proper massage by demonstrating on him (holy crap he's frikkin' tall it was awkward trying to even reach that high) but then he didn't want me to stop rofl. So then he and Jake went back to what they were doing and I watched, intrigued. Turns out they were playing this game where you flicked your fingers/backhand in a quick strike/withdraw way to inflict pain on the other person's arm. Test of endurance really. So I watched as Tom and Jake cried in pain as each hit each other repeatedly.

So I decided to try it out. First hit I made a nasty slap-crack sound on Tom's arm and he just cried out in pain. We all then decided to have goes at each other but then Jake withdrew because of the pain and he needed to recover. So me and Tom sparred like crazy with nasty hits here and there to make us quietly scream and we eventually got a small gathering around us watching as we tried to flick each other into submission. In the end we had to stop because we had to go back to performing since it got up to our scenes but holy crap my arm was red all over with bumps here and there. It was a few hours ago but I still have faint marks of the hits on my arm. So much fun... I'm really addicted to it lol. While we were finishing up and changing out of costume, I challenged Tom to another round and we had a few hits before just changing and going home. :P

I am SO looking forward to production now... mainly to challenge Tom to another match!! :D

~ Jonny

*Tom does a nasty one on my arm and I flinch like mad*
Jake: Oooh damn that's gotta HURT.
*I return with a loud crack on his arm and he quietly screams*
Jake: ... damn. I wouldn't want to have gotten hit by that one.

Filed in Production, Winter 2007

Intro

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 20 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

Wohoo blog!! Yeah. I kinda stopped blogging for a while and I got lazy... but I'm starting again!! And I'll stick with the same theme for blog entry titles and that'll be songs! And blog endings which'll be quotes!! :P

I actually dunno where to start now... I had this whole massive plan for making a blog but I got kinda sidetracked and then I forgot what I was going to say. So now these entries will just be my random thoughts and happenings of the day, or days. But MAN am I tired. I'm kinda sick of work now but I need the money and I like it in a strange way. Well, it'd just be weird not working. I mean... it's like not going to school on a weekday. There's just an empty gap and you're like "... so... what is there to do..." and UGH it's just frustrating! MUST CRUSH NEWSPAPER!

I'm kinda also regretting doing the school production this year. I only wanted to do it for the social side of it... the play this year is just a shocker. It's called Children of the Poor and it's... bad. Set in 1906, Dunedin, New Zealand about a poor family struggling to survive. It follows the main character, Albany Porcello, through his struggle and eventual downfall into becoming a criminal. Basically, it involves one main character and a hundred other minor characters which have only one or two lines each and that's it. Seriously, it just sucks so much. Although I now look forward to practices because Ashleigh'll be there... it's so scary! She's just like me, only female. SHE'S SO DIRTY!! It's kinda creepy... but awesome at the same time. :P

Oh well, this is a short entry because mum wants me to go to bed. I'll blog better tomorrow after production rehersals, promise!! :D

Btw. OMG THE SMELL.

~ Jonny

Mr. Hassall: The other day I was taking my children to the video store to rent out a good movie or two and they always love to pick movies off the shelf.
But as children are, they became curious. They were never allowed to go into the mysterious room in the back section of the video store labelled "Adults Section" and one time they saw someone sneak into the room.
So they asked me, "Dad, what's in that back room?" and I said "Oh, you don't want to go into there. That's a very bad place to be" and they replied saying, "But Dad, a person went into that room just before."
So I said, "Children, anyone who goes into that room is not worthy to be deemed a person!"

Filed in Production, School, Winter 2007

Page 1 of 1