CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Phieta Icon : (11 July 2016 - 07:55 AM) Who are you, and what have you done with Fluttershy?
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

In the Pretend World

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 17 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

Getting lost in your imagination is possibly the most fun and terrifying thing ever. It's so great to imagine so many things which could happen, yet then your mind can wander once you think of a bad thing and then it's all downhill from there. But it's a nice feeling, to be able to create your own outcomes from your actions and to not care. I like it. :P

So I think I'm starting to get lazy with blogging which is quite alarming. It's turning into once every second day, rather than everyday if possible.

Gosh. There are so many things I want to write but I know I can't and I'm not too sure how many times I've said it, but I know I'll keep saying it regardless. It's true though. I had a nice day and I'm pretty sure that's why. Gah. I want to talk about it so bad but I can't! It's just irritating! Someone mentioned it the other day and I felt like talking about it but I knew I couldn't because that would be silly and weird. But it's nice. It's nice. :P

Wow. I actually did not worry this morning about the Maths exam when everyone was fretting. I think it's because I knew I wouldn't get a good mark, let alone be assured I'd pass, so I was like "there's no point in stressing over something which I can't prevent" so I just went with the flow, and honestly, it was probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in a while. It ain't the thing I want to talk about of course, that would be silly. But it was great. Although I feel bad for some people who just worried so much. I didn't worry though, I just glanced over some things I wasn't sure about and then didn't care and it was good as. Came out knowing I did shockingly but it's all good, if I don't pass I don't pass. :D

And today was surprisingly relaxing. It was actually pleasant. Physics was probably the only real boring thing. Hardaker made us work in silence but it was okay, I just looked over my Spanish speech. Music I had a nice veg-out time in as I lay in the corner listening to my iPod and dozed off for a bit. I slept in Classics because we were watching that boring video on the Colosseum again and then English was surprisingly not bad, we talked about Katherine Mansfield for the period. Well, Katherine Mansfield's pretty boring but the lesson wasn't boring so it was real good. :)

One of the nice things happened during English anyway so that made me real happy. I guess also interval and lunchtimes are real nice as well because of the little things I seem to enjoy, like greetings with people or just having a nice laugh. I dunno, it's good to be happy I guess. I haven't been this happy for quite some time. Oh, the other nice thing happened after the Maths exam while I was walking to Physics. It was pleasant. I liked it. And yes, I'm just being annoying by speaking in a tone of voice like a character from Katherine Mansfield's stories. Oh, and The Bothersome Man, that's just plain awesome. :P

Man, being happy is awesome. I really REALLY haven't felt this good for quite some time. I can SO imagine I'll have like a major low in a day or two or something, it always happens. But I'll enjoy this for as long as possible, seriously. Oh crap. Damn. I just realized it's a Thursday tomorrow, which is like the worst day ever. Like half my mates bugger off to Future Problem Solving during lunch which irks me off since some of my happiness comes from there. And there's no English on Thursdays which makes it even more annoying. But at least next year I'll have History... UGH. I am such a mess. And desperate. But it's awesome. :P

Ahh I'm feeling so great. :)

~ Jonny

Connor: What do you think Jonny's weapon of choice would be if he had to kill someone?
Daniel: I reckon he looks like a knife person.
Me: Nah, knives are way too close and it's disgusting.
Ross: Pepper spray. It suits him. It's abstract, small, simple, and definitely would not kill someone.

Filed in Exams, Life, School, Secrets, Spring 2007

Wow

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 15 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Today's actually been pretty awesome. I thought it'd suck but it turned out to be quite all right. :)

So I'd been "studying" last night because we had a practice assessment for Maths today. Studying meaning alt-tabbing Heroes of Might and Magic V every single time my mum'd come into my room to see how I was going with my studying. I think I stopped playing at like 9pm or something, I ended up doing some revision on functions and now I think I can do them. Yay for me! But I don't think the "revision" payed off somehow. :P

I had to catch the bus early this morning since mum was going to work earlier. It was raining a bit as well so I was torn between either taking my crappy umbrella or my good umbrella and funnily enough, my good umbrella is from the $2 shop, although it's big so it doesn't fit in my bag. So I was thinking about if I'd enjoy carrying it around all day and I thought against it so I walked outside... and it stopped raining! Yay, smart move for me. But it turns out the weather kept changing the whole day and afterschool it was so windy and raining every now and then so I regretted not taking it. :sure:

MAN. I was watching the rugby match during Music today and I got so annoyed. I wanted Argentina to win but I knew South Africa would since they're way better and I started watching just after half time when the score was 24-13 to South Africa. No surprises there. So I just stood there in front of the TV in the recording studio (I was meant to be looking after the Year 10s because Mr. Mayall was lazy and was copying over some work and didn't want to have to keep checking up on them every now and then) and got so frustrated when South Africa ended up scoring like another 13 points in the last 10mins or so. UGH. Oh well, Argentina hopefully will beat France again to be 3rd. I'd be cheering for New Zealand... but they're out and I don't think I want to rant about them anymore. :sweat:

So I ended up not going to the practice Maths test today because of our Spanish assessment 4th period. Cameron and Adrian got the Maths test to do over the weekend on Friday but I left school before Maths because I was pretty much dying. I didn't exactly want to see Stowers at interval since he'd probably make me do the test third period despite the fact I have English and Redpath would kill me, so I avoided him like the plague. So after the first period of our Spanish assessment, we had Maths last period.

Oh joy. Me and Won Seuk just sat there doing nothing for the whole period since we were the two people who didn't sit it. Won Seuk ended up just not knowing there was a test since his attendence rate to Maths is pretty much like mine, although he studies way too much at home so he's like one of the good as students in the class. So he started writing notes to me on his hand telling me we should go to Music, but Botting's another one I avoid as much as possible now since I'm meant to hand in at least some evidence that I've started my research assignment. Oh, and Stowers would kill us if we decided to ditch Maths for Music. So we sat there doing nothing and it was real boring. At least the period finished quickly so me and Callum caught the bus and then went to Chartwell. :P

OMG. I GOT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF DARK PASSION PLAY BY NIGHTWISH!!

Okay, excitement over. Yeah. It's pretty cool, the artwork on the inside of the booklet is really amazing, I'm always just staring at the pictures now. But seriously, they're awesome as. I'd scan them if I could but I'm pretty sure that's illegal so I won't. But it's awesome. :P

Oh, and Ayrton will in fact be playing at Raves at an Asado at the end of this year. We just now need to learn "Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!" by The Mint Chicks and another one or two songs. Adrian and Bill are suggesting Fall Out Boy and I won't mind that I guess, however I'll put my foot down if it's thatt really annoying song, I can't remember the name of it right now. I really wanna do a Bayside track, although we need a second guitarist and I really don't have enough time to learn the guitar right now. I could, but it'd take up all my time which is meant to be devoted to study and work. Yeah. But so far our songs are this:

"Wonderful World" by James Morrison
"Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!" by The Mint Chicks
"The Ides of March" by Silverstein

So all we need are one or two more songs. If only we could do The Mars Volta... I'd love to do that, but it's pretty hard and Conor can't sing that high anymore. *sigh* OH. Wait, now I remember. We could always try "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. I remember Adrian got so annoyed when I suddenly said we should have done that song like 10mins before our performance since he said we could have easily done that. Oh well, we should do it this time. That'd be so awesome. :D

~ Jonny

Ricardo: Right, now can you remember the name of the Darkthrone album?
Callum: Uhhmm... * awkward silence* F--- Off And Die.

Filed in Gaming, Music, School, Sports, Spring 2007

Attention

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 13 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

Ayrton is possibly the best thing to have ever been created. And by Ayrton, I mean the band, not the thing/it/pokemon. So check out Ayrton at http://www.bebo.com/ayrtonhbhs - there's even a video of one of our (crap as) songs we played at the St. Alban's College Rockfest. We sound way better than what the video might suggest, although Bill did make a crapload of mistakes... in the introduction. :P

And yes, I'm a terrible advertiser for Bebo. That's all I seem to be doing as of late which is quite scary. I've been on Bebo several times this week which is actually scary since I usually only go on once or twice every three weeks. Oh well, I guess I could break the trend every now and then. :P

It's scary but I've also had terrible blogging spells. Usually I'd try to blog once a night but I seem to keep forgetting about it and it's frustrating. So I'll start from where I last was.

Yesterday was sooo bad. I woke up at 4.20am (surprise surprise!) and couldn't stop coughing and it was quite annoying. So I just continued reading Night Watch (so awesome) and waited for mum to wake up at like 6.30am. I felt like crap but decided I'd go to school anyway since I really needed to go because it'd be my last Maths lesson before the Maths exam (Stowers decided to give us another mock exam on Monday to prepare us and see how we'd do... he told me to worry which was funny) but I wasn't too sure if I'd last the whole day. And sure enough, during English which was first period I felt like dying because I couldn't stop coughing for the first bit of it. Thankfully it stopped but then it started up again and at one point I coughed up this nasty yellow-green goober and Sam just looked at me and said "... nice." :P

Spanish wasn't any better, my headache started coming back (despite having taken 2 panadols at like 8am - Spanish starts at 10am on Fridays) and I couldn't concentrate and felt so knackered. I was pretty much out of it for most of the period and after that (after socializing during interval of course) I just called it quits and went to the sick bay to sign out then went home. I wouldn't have lasted another class which just so happened to be Maths. I'm pretty annoyed I couldn't endure it enough to go to Maths but then again I hate feeling like crap during school. And I wouldn't have missed much anyway, maybe just the odd comment from Stowers every now and then. :P

But GRR. Everything seems to happen at the worst of times! Callum wanted to go see Eagle vs. Shark afterschool but I couldn't since I was too sick and went home early, and then Carl invited me to some rounds at Netcafix with him and Peter and that made me feel even more miserable, since I owe Carl and Peter some Netcafix hours. I'd have played with them over the holidays but I was in darn Argentina so I couldn't which was irritating. :sure:

I had my first day back at work today!! It wasn't that exciting, to be honest, I'm over work. The time went by SO slowly it was insane. It's because for some reason there were like hardly any customers at all between 4-6pm which was insane. As soon as I got to work, once Nikki and Naomi saw me they were like "JONNY!!!" and ran out to hug me which was quite embarrassing and Cheryl was trying not to laugh, as were some customers and other operators. And we got heaps of new people which is nice, but kinda scary. I'm sure one of the new girls thinks I'm a gumby since I was trying to explain something but ended up saying the opposite then correcting myself then contradicting my correction somehow, then ended up asking Ashleigh to help me out. Oh and then I walked into a checkout. Yeah. I have a bad habit of walking into things right now. :eek:

According to Sarah, checkouts started to crumble and eventually caved in while I was away. She was pretty glad to see me back and was like "things'll actually get done now" since apparently she's had to get up other supervisors' backs about their work and stuff since everything's gone slack and/or not done properly. And now our assistant manager for checkouts has just resigned so we'll have no assistant manager for over the Christmas holidays period unless we managed to find and hire someone and train them in like a week or two which is impossible. We had enough trouble filling the position in the first place and now that we have to do it again, it's insane. *sigh* No leisure time over the holidays I guess, I won't be surprised if I happen to be doing plenty of day/night sup shifts. :sure:

That reminds me, I managed to finish Night Watch this morning before going to music classes. It's really good, different from the movie of course. Heaps of new things and a lot of the stories vaguely link in with the movie. I'd say some but that'd be spoiling and spoilers are bad. :P

Speaking of watches, mum went to get all our watches fixed today. I had two watches which needed fixing but she only got one fixed, since the watchmender examined my other one and said it was fine since apparently the hand moved in the store, but the watch hasn't been working for more than a year now, close to two. And it was my favourite too. Oh well. The one she did get fixed... has a new strap. The strap has rings in it. Like, metal circles with nothing in the centre so you can see through them. It's weird and reminds me of those wristbands with the studs in them, and it feels odd and sometimes hurts. I'll wear it despite all that, since it'll fit my emo outfit. OMG. I'm gonna wear my whole emo set on Friday since I think we've got a mufti day then (according to the school diary) but don't quote me, I don't want another repeat of the Ethan Duff episode. Seriously. :X

~ Jonny

Conor: Ayrton, use Enjoyment Face! No! Stop it, you're using Scary Face!
Mark: His Enjoyment Face is pretty much scary.

Filed in Books, Life, School, Sick, Spring 2007, Work

Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 11 October 2007 - 08:24 AM

Photos of Argentina are up!! Check them out on my Bebo at http://www.bebo.com/jgjtan - just scroll down to my photo albums. :P

So I didn't blog yesterday because I went to sleep at 6pm and didn't wake up until about midnight and then crashed until 4am when I woke up and couldn't sleep. Yeah. It was a little crazy, but not dumb. DAMN. That would have been the ultimate blog entry title... and I think I'll change it to that. *changes* Well anyway, I needed the sleep, despite it being pretty erratic. Yesterday I just had a chillax veg day to recover from the "jet lag". Well, I was actually pretty sick so I had an excuse, unlike everyone else whom I saw online either through MSN or Bebo which was amusing. :D

I ended up watching the new season episodes of House, Desperate Housewives and Heroes which my dad got so I was pretty happy about that, and I got up to date with my Bleach and I downloaded (yes, I'm ashamed but I'll buy it as soon as I can and it's available somewhere close) the newest Nightwish album entitled Dark Passion Play!! OMG. SO EXCITING. But like, it wasn't as awesome as I hoped, yet still awesome. Still good as though, yet it seems kinda weird how they've shared out the vocals more. But it's still good, I ain't complaining... much. :P

Today was my first day back and school and MAN was I pretty much over it after the first 10mins in the morning before school. Me and Norton looked at each other and we were like "school sucks, why did I come?!" because that's what we felt like. Although I went to school today because we had Spanish first period and Mr. Matthews would have thrown a psych if I didn't turn up. And it was the most pointless lesson EVER because we watched a terrible video on the San Ignacio ruins... seriously, the cameraman should be shot. He would have gotten a Not Achieved under the NCEA system and would be given the sack immediately. The amount of times he zoomed in and out was just insane and he couldn't even keep a steady hand... *shakes head*

I ended up looking forward to Maths which I shouldn't have, because apparently Mr. Stowers got quite annoyed when he found out I was in Argentina because I decided I wouldn't tell him because if I did, he would have given me homework. So I went to Maths... and he was calm. Amazing! And he only had a go at me once, which was him telling me that I should be worried! AMAZING! But then he told me to attend the Maths tutorial at lunchtime so I could catch up on the notes which I missed out on so that kinda killed it. My god, I hate Maths so much. Mainly because I suck at it, but also because it's SO frustrating! GRR. The numbers never add up properly and then there's always some crazy formula to go with it to make it even harder. :X

Anyway, Physics was funny. Mr. Hardaker called out a group of people to speak with him privately outside and I was waiting for my name to be called out, since you could tell the list of names was of all the people who weren't doing so well in Physics. But then my name wasn't called out and I was sure there was some mistake, so I called out to Hardaker but he'd already walked outside. Then Narayan turned around to me and said that my name wasn't called out, most likely because I was dropping out of Physics. And it turns out he was right! The people whose names were called out were being told they "did not have the capacity" to continue with the Cambridge course next year and could only do the normal NCEA course. I was pretty much partying. :P

BUT OMG. Speaking of parties! Mr. Stowers told me to cancel all appointments and functions I had planned between now and Wednesday because he said I need to study hard out since our major exam (Pure Maths - worth 60% of the course) is on Wednesday. And I planned on being out all Saturday with mates since apparently there was a get-together for all those who went to Argentina! ARGH. I'm so pissed off, it was paintballing too. I do need to pass Maths though so I'll have to give it a miss this week and tell them to organize something in a week or two, whenever Labour Weekend is on. :(

Oh yeah, me and Callum went to Chartwell as we usually do afterschool when we don't have anything like work on. Holy crap Chartwell is small compared to shops and malls in Argentina. Like, it would have to be about a block or two, in total (all the shops) and a block in Argentina is 100x100m, it's insane. I miss Argentina *sigh* I don't have to shorten jeans when I buy them unlike here in New Zealand where the average height definitely isn't me. But I managed to buy The Mint Chicks album Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No! since we were going to play the song of the same title for our Argentina band but pulled out an hour before it started because Tim and Bill couldn't play it. But the song's awesome so I bought the album because of that. And I bought the book Night Watch for half price at $14 because Whitcoull's was having a real awesome discount voucher week and I got it because I need a book to read (mainly to distract me from study) and I didn't want to wait for Callum then Cameron to finish reading the book. :P

Yay! Tomorrow's the last day of school this week, thank god it's Friday! I love Fridays. Although I think I have to go to Symphonic Band practice in the afternoon which'll be lame but fun... I think I'll just "forget" about it and go next week, I'm way too lazy right now. And I think I might go start reading Night Watch shortly after some "study" to show I've done something. -_-

~ Jonny

Schedule we scribbled on: Raves on a Plane! Featuring DJ Onny, MC Dougal and Ayrton "RAVE"ns-Clyde!

Filed in Argentina, Hanging Out, Post-Travel, School, Spring 2007

So Long, So Long

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 19 September 2007 - 11:46 AM

I'll miss everyone!! And I'll miss blogging!! Tonight's the last night of sleep before Argentina and I'm excited as!! :)

Packing. GAH. I can barely fit everything into my bag and I had to take out heaps of stuff just to fit what I currently have in there at the moment. It's so lame... I'm going to hate wearing the same set of clothes all the time. I'm so glad I'll be able to buy heaps over there though... but now I wish I had heaps more money so I could spend more in Argentina! :(

Oh and I can tell where I get my paranoia and precautious nature from. My friends always think it's funny how I carry around strange objects and tools like screwdrivers, craft knives, needles and thread and sellotape in my bag. Oh, and a stapler. They always reside in my pencil case and seem to serve no purpose, although every now and then they're needed and I happen to have them. Although it was annoying today because Carl ripped his pants while practicing the rendition of Battleheart and I had no way to mend it.

a) My needle and thread was in my other bag
b) I'd run out of staples
c) When Carl tried using my sellotape... it turns out there was like 1cm of it left.

But I've had plenty of times where my tools have been needed. Many teachers have asked for a craft knife or screwdrivers and I'm immediately there, or maybe someone needs something mended like sandals, so I'll be there with my sellotape. Seriously. But trips are worse. I think of all the most trivial things to take, such as a light, a compass and all these random bottles of medicinal liquid. People always take the basics but I'm always one tier up and take extra...

And it's all because of my mum. She taught me from young to be very careful and to realize that anything can happen. So while packing, she decided that I needed extra disposable wipes, antiseptic cream, lip balm, an extra bottle of sunscreen, back up soap and shampoo, aloe vera for sunburn and a brand new mini sewing kit. Oh and a swiss army knife kinda thing which is pretty cool. But seriously, precautious, anyone? Yet I was one step ahead and had half of those things already, yet I still have to take them "just in case anything happens". I have doubles of heaps of things scattered all over the place just in case something gets lost and it's insane. :eek:

I hate being paranoid. :sure:

Oh yeah two awesome things happened at school today. First was during Physics. We had soccer prizegiving last night but I was too lazy to go and so were some others, despite recieving awards and stuff. So when I got to school, I found out that out of our whole team of like 14 or so, 2 people turned up: Lillis and Mitch. So when our team was called up to recieve our certificates, they went up feeling bad and Mitch was nervous, because he couldn't see Hardaker but then spotted him at the back. And Hardaker's jaw dropped and was shocked and he had to give a quick speech about the team. Wow. So when we got to Physics, he was immediately like "Thank you for coming last night, Jonathan. David. Cameron." and we tried not to laugh since he was having a good laugh over it. Next year our goal is for no one to turn up. :P

Second was during Music. I got Mr. Botting to mark my test since I wouldn't be there tomorrow so he started the NCEA paper and got really tired after a while. I was worried because according to him, Auryn only got 5 Achieveds and you needed at least 7 to pass. So he started marking... and I didn't even get the first question right, apparently I half-answered it since I needed to write down what was in the bass as well, but I know for next time. Some I amazingly enough got right and I ended up getting like 10 marks, 8 Achieveds and 2 Merits which is pretty crap in my opinion but I managed to pass!! Two Merits off a Merit mark though which stinks. :(

And then he went onto the bursary paper and just gave up because the marking sheet was missing and he was getting a headache from thinking. So we hunted down the marking sheet and ended up finding his son's paper from like 2001 so we used that as a marking schedule since he got 18/20 and had the corrections in it as well. I ended up getting 17/20 and I was annoyed because I didn't beat his son (like, best bassist for his age group in New Zealand - plays for heaps of jazz bands and was even invited to play with the Roger Fox Big Band) but Mr. Botting was amazed I passed both papers pretty decently. So he marked that as a Merit/Excellence since it's borderline Excellence or right on it, since he was having trouble converting to NCEA. So he gave me a Merit overall for the two papers and I'm stoked as!! It was hell as hard. :sweat:

Ahh and I'm still trying to decide whether or not to take my iPod along. I'll be kept entertained but like I know I'm going to lose it or get it stolen, serious. I'm pretty much the embodiment of the word clutz. :P

I CAN'T WAIT. But I'm so freaking scared. I can see why Adrian's "sh--ing [his] pants" as he said, since he's scared of theft and whatnot. Oh and BILL. Omfg. I'm so annoyed. Bill still doesn't know some of his bits for our band and we're leaving tomorrow!! He better have it all sussed, otherwise we're going to scream and die and colllapse and yeah.

Oh and yes I'm taking a paper bag, thank you Conor for thinking about it. It should remedy any hyperventilation I experience during the flight. :P

I'll miss everyone!! I've still got my phone with me so you can text me if you like since I'm on a roaming thing, but not too often because it charges me as well as mum's credit card! I'll be getting a local sim card over there (hopefully anyway) so I'll use that to text y'all! MISS YOU HEAPS!! :cry:

~ Jonny

Mr. Hardaker: I felt like a right old dick standing up there with two other people representing the team, and I had to talk about how committed you guys were to the team.

Filed in Argentina, Myself, School, Spring 2007

To The Edge

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 18 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

So close to Argentina and I can smell the excitement... and disaster!! Seriously, from all the stories parents keep telling, we might as well hire some security guards otherwise we're going to get robbed by every motorcyclist passing by or all of our luggage is going to get lost/stolen once we've checked in. :P

Today was pretty av, getting excited and stuff and the usual happens. Umm... what's there to blog about to not make this depressing haha. :D

Uhh... hmm... I had this whole idea for a blog entry planned out today but I've completely forgotten it from recent events and I don't really want to talk about THEM because they're even more depressing than what happened today and I really don't want to ruin the mood of Argentina coming up so soon. :P

Oh yeah. I am SO glad I'm not going to be at school for the talent quest on Thursday... my mates have planned to enter with a lip-sync/choreographed rendition of Battleheart. Yes. I'm actually serious. Carl even had a plastic cutlass. I ended up listening to Kaizer's Orchestra on my iPod on full volume and had my back turned to them so I didn't have to suffer from embarrassment. It was... interesting. As soon as I turned off my iPod to go to class, I heard Souvik yell out "HADOUKEN!" (sp?) and then Sean yelled out "SPARTAAAA!!" so I'm REALLY worried... and ever so glad I'll be gone. :P

OH YEAH. I was sitting in the Year 10 class again listening to their performances. Just saying a secret, the only reason I wanted to listen to the performances was because the Aussie exchange student staying with us for 10 Music is sitting something equivalent to a scholarship singing paper... holy crap. So I've been sitting in the class waiting for him to do a performance if he wanted to and he did one today. As soon as he started singing my jaw just dropped and I continued to listen and watch for ages... I'm honestly being serious, but he is TALENTED and just blew Conor out of the playing field. Well, their styles are on the opposite sides of the spectrum but he's really good. :eek4:

Conor's an unprofessional professional in the sense that he doesn't take professional lessons yet he practices himself and he's a talented singer, coming something like 2nd in New Zealand for some competition and he sings for all different groups, even the Big Jazz Bar Studs (made to sound like uhh... "child born out of wedlock") of Hamilton. Fraser (exchange student) sings for a variety of groups and audiences and gets professional tutoring and sings more sad or hymn-like songs, well the ones like operatic but low or whatever, whereas Conor sings more R&B or whatever you call it or just light rock and jazz and lounge and stuff. But Fraser is good... REALLY good. I wish I had his talent at singing, but then again I wish I had heaps of things haha. :P

I'm getting majorly excited about Argentina!! Two more sleeps to go and hopefully I'll survive a day at school tomorrow. School shall be interesting, I think I'll try organize band practice during the last two periods tomorrow during Classics and English. Mr. Hassall doesn't mind me buggering off now (well, not so much as before even though he didn't mind at all) because of my results in the exams and I don't want to think of my last class before Argentina as being English. :P

TWO MORE SLEEPS!!

~ Jonny

*Mr. Hardaker is biking past and sees me, then he slows down*
Mr. Hardaker: I am now traveling at the speed of a beta particle.

Filed in Friends, School, Spring 2007

Beyond Redemption

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 07 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

I just had the scariest, most embarrassing and flustering day of my life today. My English class now knows about my blog! :eek:

There's actually two parts to it, which is quite amusing if you look at it from an outside perspective, but freaking frustrating in my boots. I managed to get rid of the majorly bad blog entry but I'm too lazy to remove heaps of other bits from other entries since there's too many and it'll take ages. My pride can withstand that much embarrassment. :P

So I was studying in the Music department for the English exam and I texted Cal to go there if he got there before noon, since I was planning on running out and surprising Matthew and Carl since they were having their History exam upstairs. So he came in and offered me some of those really good chips from down the road... and then I couldn't concentrate on studying anymore. It was SO bad since I was going hard out and really good with my studying and then it all disappated since I just had a mind blank from the first chip. :sure:

We ended up just talking for a while, eating chips every now and then, and then I heard people coming down the stairs so I just ran out... and only Carl was there. GRR. It seems Lillis was sick or something so that kinda ruined my whole enthusiasm. But I saw Carl anyway. GRR. Carl. Don't have a grumpy face next time, it looks bad and you shouldn't worry so much. :P

Anyway, Carl joined me and Cal in the little recording studio area and we just talked and attempted study and stuff. Then Callum decided to go on the internet on one of the computers and started looking up the poems. First he went to check up on Ozymandias on Wikipedia... then he searched for the poem about a Small Fly (see how I avoid using the full name?! That's how paranoid I am now!) and he started to laugh... so me and Carl looked closely... the 6th link down just so happened to be titled "Tanny's Blog - There For You" and I just flipped. He then decided to do a more specific search and it was the 3rd link, then he just did the whole title and mine was first on the list. GREAT. So I just screamed and got all worried and made Carl and Callum to not click on the link because of how embarrassing it would be (I couldn't remember what that entry was about at the time). So we then went outside since I spotted David and Sean heading towards where we usually hang out and we walked towards them and just chatted about stuff. And I made sure that Callum and Carl would not breathe a word about the discovery, but then...

Seung Kwon came along. And he just looked at me and said "Do you know what? I was studying on poetry last night so I went to Google search about the Small Fly and it just came up with this random as link to something by Tanny." By that time, as soon as he mentioned Google search about the poem I just started to talk loudly and overpower his voice and Callum and Carl just couldn't stop cracking up. I got SO annoyed. And then EVERYONE wanted to know what it was and Seung Kwon told them... and he said that I was pretty much attacking Redpath in that post. My god. I just went nuts as soon as I realized which post it was. The worst post in the world for anyone in my ENGLISH class to find out. AAARGH. So now everyone knows about this blog and I have to watch what I say now. Well, not really, I don't really care. :P

The funny thing was, Cameron then turned to me and said "I think you should blog about this" and I was actually thinking that at the time. That's how sad I can be sometimes when it comes to blogging... but bloody hell, I couldn't stop thinking about it once I finished the English exam and I raced home and immediately replaced the entry (I still have a copy of the original post on my computer, this blog's more to keep a history for me so I'd hate to lose any post, even if it WAS pretty bad...) since everyone was saying they were going to Google for the entry as soon as they god home. :sweat:

It's kinda funny because my blog view count skyrocketed between the time I got home and about an hour after that. And at one point, while checking the number of people viewing the blog list and my blog, it was 23. Far out, people need to find something better to do than to find embarrassing statements by me on the internet. :P

Oh and it's weird, but Lillis didn't turn up for the English exam either. So now I'm worried... his headache from yesterday must have gotten REAL bad. :(

And that reminds me! I got SO pissed off during the English exam because my black pen ran out of ink just as I finished my poetry essay, then my blue pen ran out halfway through my Julius Caesar essay so I had to switch to my screwdriver pen and that was pretty much giving out by the time I was finishing off the essay on A View From The Bridge. If that pen ran out, I'd have had to have written with my red pen. Thankfully I managed to squeeze ink out of my darn screwdriver pen so it was all good. :sweat:

BAH. I couldn't get the Argentina bags today because apparently we have to now pay the $300 before we obtain the bags. And I was planning to see what I could fit in the bags... and the clothing list is just ridiculous. I hate blue jeans. And they expect me to bring along two pairs of casual shorts. I don't even think I own any pairs of shorts which can fit me, since my togs don't count. I'm just going to bring my black jeans and extra long pants and there's nothing they can do about it. But seriously, the number of things they want us to take can't possible fit in the tiny bags we had especially made for the trip. :eek:

Got 5 aside soccer tomorrow!! It'll be good as, then we got band practice at like 5pm!! I still have to find out where the hell Tim's place is since I've never heard of the street before. But soccer's going to be awesome in our suits... I just gotta practice wearing my tie, since I forgot how to tie one AGAIN. I swear I tied them perfectly during production, but lack of practice has made me forget which is lame as. And I gotta find out where Jansen Park is... but apparently it's on the way to Morrinsville. MORRINSVILLE. NATHAN!! Haha, yeah, I couldn't help it, I just had to say that. :P

And you'll have noticed I don't care about all you people reading my blog now! I'm still sticking to writing whatever I feel like so nyeh. Just don't tease me when we go back to school. :P

~ Jonny

Seung Kwon: Oi, is there anyone else still writing?
Me: *looks around* I think Mitch is, I can see him there.
Seung Kwon: My god, what is there to even write about?!

Filed in Exams, Life, School, Screwed, Spring 2007

Drones

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 06 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

My god, study is intense. It's a real thinker... I did two Music papers to hand to Mr. Botting tomorrow to see how I'm going and then I moved onto English study.

Wow. I think I've done some good study, since I finally realized what one of the poems we've been studying is all about. I decided to take the learning approach Mrs. Redpath used for Julius Caesar and A View From The Bridge on Tuesday and Wednesday (they were actually really good revision lessons, pity about the terrible poetry lesson) and applied them to the two poems I plan on writing about in the exam coming up tomorrow.

Everyone's doing Ozymandias since it's one poem we know in depth and everyone's studied thanks to the several lessons dedicated to the poem... not to mention the hilarious jokes used with quotes about Ozymandias which crop up all the time. But it's one of the ones I'm doing and the study notes I wrote for it just before seemed to help quite a bit... but not as much, since the main focus is human insignificance in time/history because no matter how much we try place our mark on the land, in the end we're nothing among the lone and level sands of time.

The second poem everyone seems to be doing is Upon *you guys are lame*... Yes, it is in fact about what's in the title. However, like Ozymandias, it deals with the idea of human insignificance, and yet again, it's one of the few we studied in class.

But I'm not planning on doing that one. I'm choosing The City Planners instead. And I'm so amazed and deep in thought at the moment because I think I've found the main idea the poem discusses. We established in class (yay for poems we've studied in class) that Margaret Atwood was trying to convey the idea that perfection was not that perfect, that it can seem like a fain sickness lingering among everything. The word choice she uses also helps to convey her opinion... and then I realized what it is about.

The loss of individual freedom.

No matter how much you try to hide all the imperfections, eventually they will surface as nothing is perfect. To be perfect, we will all end up having to be the same. Margaret Atwood uses words such as pedantic rows, sanitary trees and the rational whine of a power mower to show that everything is in control and orderly, it brings up the notion of suppression, that everything is calculated, logical and reasoned. There is no sense of individualism among these houses, only one body trying to achieve perfect, and any imperfections are covered up and hidden away from sight and appear as a bruise to those people. In the end, we will not have any control over our lives as we will conform to be alike, to be the "perfect" human being, at the cost of individual freedom.

And wow, I think writing this blog has helped me with my essay. Yay. I don't think I'm going to fail as badly now. :P

Anyway, aside from all things educational (especially Maths), I had a fun day today!! We had our Argentina meeting during interval today and I led Tutira Mai and Whakaria Mai, although I have no idea what the words for Tutira Mai are. But it was awesome fun and then we just dispersed and went back outside before going to class. Lunch was just fun since we sat inside. I basically did nothing and relaxed, as I watched Matt, Mitch, Narayan, David and Sean play cards and Souvik giving pointers to Cameron and Callum as they played Pokemon. Tahn, Sma, Sam, John, Liam, Carl and Blair decided to stay outside despite my best efforts to convince Blair and Carl to come upstairs (the others are just way too noisy haha but they're awesome anyway even if they got us kicked out one time!!). :sure:

Oh and we got our finalized lists for Argentina such as clothes and groups and stuff... I'm a group leader!! Even though we don't really do anything, I'm a group leader!! It's so exciting even though everyone else doesn't think so and just looked at me weirdly!! And I won't be surprised if I lead my group in the wrong direction and end up getting lost, Norton, Callum and Cameron think I'm going to end up in Canada. :P

Classics was awesome!! This isn't educational btw. We had to move our desks to D2 from A4 because of exams in the hall so we went to D2 to grab their desks to take to the hall (ours in A4 would be given to D2) but the teacher told us to come back in 20mins. So once 20mins had been up, we went over with our desks... but got halted by Mr. Robinson and told to turn around since ours weren't needed. But then as we went inside and put our desks down, he came back saying D1 needed our desks. So then we grabbed them and got out of the corridor... and he told us to take them back. We were all pissed off at that point and we nearly got back to class... when he told us our desks were in fact needed in D1. ARGH. He's so damn annoying. So we took them into D1...

It just so happened to be the Year 12 Economics class being taken by my tutor teacher Mrs. Weren (my tutor class is D1, w00t) and Carl and Mitch are in that class. Mrs. Weren then saw me and was like "Oh hey Jonny!!" and like the whole class pretty much knows me and I know them so I put my desk down and then sat on the same seat as Carl and stayed in Economics as he taught me how to get a Merit in the class... until I realized who was in the class.

"Jonny Tan. There's Aria chips!"

Crap. Campbell. He is SO irritating. I used to be good mates with him back in primary school but since I left to go to a different intermediate and he stayed (Hamilton West is a primary and intermediate school), we just never stayed good mates despite hanging out during weekends every now and then during the first year of intermediate. And he always likes to say that second sentence, since I said that line for a TV commercial I was in advertising my friend Bjorn's parents' product, since they own the whole Aria Farm business. Right after that he decided to say the most embarrassing thing in the world to me (others might debate whether it's embarrassing, many find it legendary and think I'm weird for being embarrassed saying there's nothing to be embarrassed about) and I just turned red-faced and quickly got up to leave. Mitch just looked at me and asked in an amazed voice if it was true, Mrs. Weren turned to look at me and the whole class just started making some comments in amazement and stuff. Josh (I think it was josh) just looked at me as I quickly walked out of the classroom back to Classics and said what I did was legendary but I blocked out everything else. Jeez. The past can really haunt you sometimes... :sweat:

That reminds me of something funny on the bus today. Me and Callum were sitting on the bus and just talking and there were these two guys who always are on it as well. Now they think I musn't have ears or something, but they always whisper and talk about me, especially this one guy. Anyway, today he must have had the guts to ask or something since they were discussing it at the bus stop while I was eating my sundae and Callum was drinking his milkshake, so when we got on the bus, I purposely chose the seat in front of them to see what would happen... then...

The one guy leans towards me and asks....

That guy: Are you gay?
Me: Why? Are you trying to hit on me?
That guy: *defensively* No! *quickly pointing to his friend* He wanted to know!
His friend: No, it was that guy! *pointing to a random on the bus*
Random: Wtf?

Jesus, some people are weird, yet I found that actually hilarious. It's kinda creepy though since I get hit on by guys quite a bit. Callum says I'm too camp. :P

Oh yeah!! We went to the Salvation Army shop (I felt so cheap walking into that store) to buy suits for soccer on Saturday. We bumped into Tahn and Liam on the way, whom we spotted because they were walking around with two chairs each, taken from outside of Mr. Leach's classroom because they were there and they felt like taking them. Tahn joined us in looking for stuff since he needed a tie. I ended up getting a tie and a jacket and Callum just got a jacket. The tie + jacket ended up costing $6 for me which was an awesome deal, although the clothes did smell like poor people, as I kept saying to Callum on the bus ride back. :P

Oh yeah!! Just for something quick which happens to be educational, I beat Mr. Botting in a Music paper!! At first I said the key of the piece was F major due to all the modulation being relevant to F major, but Mr. Botting said the C sharp (I saw that before but disregarded that due to the excessive use of accidentals) indicated D minor. In the end when I got to a question and told him it made no sense if the key was D minor, he checked the answers... and the key was F major. OMG. I was SO stoked!! Adrian kept telling me to be quiet though which was pretty amusing. Hopefully that proves to Mr. Botting I can in fact do Scholarship Music. :D

~ Jonny

Me: You should come play soccer on Saturday with us!!
Blair: Aww I can't, Dalyn's got this rowing fundraising event on.
Me: I bet you like to stroke his oar!
Blair: No, I'd rather enjoy raising his funds!

Filed in Argentina, Friends, Life, School, Spring 2007

Isn't it Nice

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 05 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

... when you have to work on the day you were meant to have leave.

I am SO pissed off with work at the moment. I was meant to have today off for studying but I got a call in the afternoon from Cheryl and she said that my leave was scribbled out in the diary, yet I have my leave form slip saying I ain't meant to be working until like October. GRR. And then Callum noticed in the diary that someone had scribbled out my leave the DAY BEFORE WE LEAVE. Wtf. I got SO angry. How the hell am I meant to work until 10.30pm and then get up real early the next day to go to the airport. But Cheryl said she knew she approved my leave and that someone was messing with the diary so I still have leave thank god... :sure:

Anyway, let's look at happy things which have happened today!! I had lots of fun in Maths and Physics today which was amazing. Mr. Stowers handed us old test papers we sat way back like last term (I got 38% in that one...) on quadratics and functions. I got so low in that test because I got nearly all the quadratics right (one silly mistake with inequalities) but I was shocking at functions since I couldn't do any. But I tried out the test paper today and I flew through it and even answered quite a few of the functions and when I went to check the answer scheme, I got every single one I answered right!! And I hadn't even done many functions questions and I was already guaranteed a C!! Wow. I was sooo stoked. :D

But then we got our calculus papers back. Thank god I wasn't lowest in the class... Mr. Stowers said it was a very hard test and most people got around 50-55% (Cameron, the scary person he is, got 90%) and he said that was acceptable but we'd need to step up. Me and Ryan got 25%. Yay, go us. But... Uchena got 20%. For the whole test, he had his theory book out to help him with his answers, what the hell? It makes me feel sorry for him... but in a way it's deserving of him. :eek:

Music was so great!! I joined the Year 10 class for once in their studies and it was good as, we were identifying major keys from the key signature. Well, mainly I was in the class because I wanted to meet the Aussie exchange student who does singing scholarship. Mr. Galbraith said that he would find this kinda too basic but he'd have to sit through it anyway and just looked at me and was like "Jonny here... will find this way too simple so I don't know why he wants to do this" and it was pretty funny. So while they were identifying the majors, I was testing myself by seeing how fast I could work out the relative minors. It pretty much screwed me up because Galbraith was asking everyone in the class what the keys of the awesome key cards he was using were and when he asked me (no flats or sharps so it was C major) I immediately just blurted out "A minor" because I was thinking of the relative minor and then he just looked at me and shook his head. I wasn't wrong!! I was just confused. :P

And then afterwards when he asked everyone to work out the relative minor of the 10 questions test he did of major keys, I had fun writing on the whiteboard. I filled the bottom half of the whiteboard with all my theory since I was just testing my knowledge and making scale matrices. I first wrote down the major and minor keys up to five sharps and flats, then worked out the tonic triads of each of them and then wrote down the 5 relative keys to the scale (subdominant, dominant, relative major/minor, major/minor's subdominant (2nd of original key) and dominant (3rd of original key). Mr. Galbraith and Mr. Chaplain and half the Year 10s just stopped to watch me going hard out writing and Galbraith just called me strange. But it was sooo much fun. :D

OH!! And Mr. Botting gave me four harmony revision papers to complete so I'm going to have SO much fun doing them!! I was so excited I started one during lunchtime today which was kinda sad, but I actually enjoy Music Theory sooo much. :)

We had our soccer meeting today for nominations for awards. I got Most Improved Player which was exciting!! It was kinda funny because everyone was trying to vote for Anaru in the People's Player award (he only turned up to one practice and one match, he only joined the soccer team to get it on his school report... and he really sucks at everything he does) since he was also running for Student Representative on the Board of Trustees. Everyone voted against him. I don't think anyone really likes him... he's a nice person but he's just... eugh, just him. A wannabe hard out. :eek:

Oh yeah. I'm not too sure if I'll see Nathan on Saturday since there are two Morrinsville teams and only one of them (Morrinsville 1st V) is in our division, the other team (Morrinsville Ninjas) are in another division and Nathan sounds like a person who'd be in a team with the word "ninja" in it. Then again, we're the Boys' High Execs$ because we'll be playing our matches in suits. It's gonna be so awesome. :P

Tomorrow we got Spanish practice!! I'm gonna just try stall all period tomorrow so we don't have to do anything, but we got practice during interval for our presentations. Grr. I think I'm the only one who knows the Spanish version of Whakaria Mai off by heart now. I'm going to look very silly being the only one singing. :sweat:

~ Jonny

William: Why is it, that whenever you two always hug each other, you both look like you're drunk?
Me and Carl: That's because we ARE drunk!
Mitch: Drunk on love!

Filed in Life, School, Spring 2007

There For You

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 03 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

*edited out*

If you-know-who saw this I'd be dead meat. But I saved the entry to my computer so that it's not gone forever. :P

Damn you google... why did my blog entry have to be the first link in a certain phrase you search??

Oh and to my English class, you guys all suck. But you're still awesome. But you suck so much. :P

~ Jonny

Filed in School, Screwed, Spring 2007

• (3 Pages)
  • +