CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Tanny's Blog

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

JGJTan Icon : (05 July 2018 - 10:07 AM) So this has been a while! It's @jgjtan and @leftyy here having a nostalgia trip. We hope you all have been having a great time so far! Miss you, be back in another 5-10 years. (Or find me on social media -- it's not that hard.)
MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 09 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

Adrian, stop reading my blog!! It's embarrassing so stop it!! But shame, at least I've written so much it'll get tiring! :D

I've decided to record all my blog entry titles to a notepad list because I'm never too sure if I've used the title before or not. And holy hell I never realized the list was so long... I need to not blog as much, but that'll never happen. Actually it's kinda funny. When I look at the list of blog entry titles, I can tell when I've had a period of good days or weeks or terrible ones since I can remember plenty of the entries or just a vague summary. Like 4 bad entries in a row then a whole bunch of good, then one or two bad then a few good, then a whole major lot of bad. :P

Anyway, I'm hard out studying now. I ended up getting distracted this morning... and maybe afternoon, since I got up at 7.30am. I've got a nasty habit of waking up at that time or earlier on weekends and I can never get back to sleep, so I just hopping on my computer and decided to have a little bit of fun and play some World of Warcraft, since I thought I'd be on early and Jake'd be on. So I hopped on MSN and WoW... darn it, he was away. For two hours! Watching television!! Haha it's all good, I had fun questing around in Duskwood and picking up heaps of silk for tailoring and loads of enchanting materials. :)

I was planning to study hard out for Classics but I guess I got distracted once he came back since he decided to help me with random things and I didn't hop off WoW (I had a shower and breakfast and the usual mind you!!) until just before 4pm... and didn't start studying until about 5pm. I can see why Carl and Mitch and Lillis and stuff didn't play 5 aside soccer so they could study instead, I was knackered and power napped yesterday and had to catch up with my WoW today so yeah. I managed to do some more of Mrs. Redpath's awesome style of taking notes and applied them to the Art and Architecture paper for Classics. I got distracted AGAIN after about half an hour and then had dinner... basically, I've only really done study on that. But Aristophanes won't be hard since we've done so much practice in class on it (thank you Mr. Hassall!!) so I'll be sweet for it. :)

I Managed to get study pages done for Philip the Arabian, the Bust of Commodus, the Pont du Gard, Trajan's Column, the Theatre at Leptis Magna and Hadrian's Baths, although I'm praying that Hadrian's Baths won't be in the paper along with the Temple of Bacchus. Basically, I've thought that I could study 6 of the 7 images Mr. Hassall told us to study, since we'll be given 3 images (one easy, two hard - usually that's the case) and we choose two of them. Hadrian's Baths and the Temple of Bacchus are the hardest in my opinion so I chose to study whichever looked the easiest and if both of them get chosen, then I'll choose the one I've studied. Neat plan, eh? :D

But CRAP. I am SCREWED for Alexander if the question doesn't revolve around aspects of his religious nature or a few of his military battles which I've studied. I dunno, for some reason I just find religion one of the most fascinating topics anyone can think of so as soon as I got the Alexander book back when he was handing them out, I just read and studied his religion hard out and nothing else. And I studied some battles for one of the tests he gave us about the battle of Issus (barely). Actually, come to think of it, aside from his religion I know NOTHING about Alexander. I'm really going to have to make up so much stuff in this test, so much that Mr. Hassall will probably be even more disappointed in me than he currently is. And he believes me to be one of his great students, or so he used to think before the tragedy of my Socrates essay. :sweat:

Thinking positively, yesterday was so much fun!! We had 5 aside soccer all day and our team (The Exec$) dressed up in suits and basically played our opponents in them. Although we didn't have a great turnout, since so many people dropped out of the team because of exams, so there was only me, David, Callum, Tahn, Sean and Craig. We won two games and lost two, and ended up losing out whatever the last game you call is, so we didn't make it to the finals, but we did a brilliant job if you think about the fact that we were playing in suits all day and we only had one substitute player. :D

It was kinda annoying, since after our four division games we were meant to have an hour break so me, Callum and Sean went off to Burger King for lunch. We managed to get back in half an hour and we sat down and started eating... and then all of a sudden we were told we had to play. Wtf? Everyone was confused and us three felt like crap since we'd just had food and immediately had to play soccer. Thankfully David and Craig didn't go anywhere so we had a team of 5, but Tahn had buggered off somewhere since we'd all thought we had an hour, but managed to get back just after we started. Needless to say we all played like crap and Morrinsville thrashed us. :P

But we looked damn good. Most of the people there even thought we looked pretty sharp, since heads kept turning when we'd walk by and we played well despite our handicap. Even the captain of the Morrinsville team yelled out "Yeah Boys' High!" when we were playing at one point. Oh and Mr. Leach brought his suit along as well, although it didn't make the cut because he only brought the coat and he didn't have a white dress shirt and a tie. But South came along to support us and he was dressed in his suit as well and it was awesome!! Something else amusing was that Adrian was watching us between his games (each game was like half an hour with a half hour break between matches) and every now and then he'd go "DREAM TEAM!!" and we'd reply with a "... shut up" as a piss-take since a lot of the Netcafix users always get annoyed whenever the Dream Team (regulars) always yell it out. :P

And omg, I recognized so many people there but the most embarrassing was the first team we played: Hillcrest. I knew I recognized two of their players from somewhere but I wasn't too sure... then I remembered: Bjorn's party. Crap crap crap... so I tried to hide but it was impossible then one of them (I'm pretty sure his name's Matt but this is going back to last year) was like "Hey... aren't you Jonny? Yeah, you were at Bjorn's party, the guy who steals everyone's alcohol!" and my god I turned SO red. But it was a good match and they're nice guys and would wave and say hi everytime they'd pass us with their couch (the two Hillcrest teams were alternating ownership of a couch between matches). :P

Oh and everyone will be disappointed to know that Nathan wasn't there. Yes, I know, it was a tragic event. :cry:

After soccer, I basically crashed. I was SO sunburnt on the cheeks and majorly tired so I had a shower after eating something and then lay on my bed. We ended up not having band practice thank god since Conor was in Raglan and Bill was apparently working. Tim came around to my place though to FINALLY pick up his bottle of bourbon from way back (see blog entry - Over the Hills and Far Away) and then I washed mum's car since dad was upgrading everything on my computer (he said he basically took everything out and gave me faster and better bits - I dunno the specs though, I forgot how to find them out) and once I did that I power napped until like nearly 8pm. Then I got no study done because I decided to play some WoW because I knew I was too tired to do a good job of studying. :P

Wow, my life is pretty tragic at the moment when it comes to exams. I'm really only going to pass two of the three Classics papers tomorrow. I don't even want to think of Maths the day after on Tuesday. :eek:

And just as a reminder to my self, today was the day something very personally significant happened. It was nice, as quoted from The Bothersome Man. :)

~ Jonny

Mr. Hassall: Now Jonathan, I hope you can answer this fascinating question I have. I was talking to my previous class, as I always do, about how well my students are going. I mentioned Matthew and how wonderful he is going with Alexander, Narayan of course I said was picking things up and going along very nicely. And then I mentioned how well you are going with your studies. And some students just laughed! *Matt, Narayan, Connor and Daniel try not to laugh at this* Can you please tell my why they might laugh? I hope you're not misleading me about how well your studies are going!
Me: Uhh of course not sir, don't listen to them, they're just being silly.

Filed in Exams, Gaming, Life, Soccer, Spring 2007

Over the Hills and Far Away

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 26 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

... is where I was last night. More about that shortly since I'm trying to keep this in chronological order. :P

So I haven't blogged in ages!! I feel kinda bad about it but I haven't had the time to blog. I actually can't remember wh-- oh wait, yeah I remember what I did on Thursday. Turns out Mr. Hassall used me as an example to his previous Classics class... I knew he'd talk about it as soon as I showed him my achievement stocktake. His words were something along the lines of...

Mr. Hassall: Gentlemen, I'm sure you all know Jonathan Tan from the other class, delightful person. Now, Simon (Simon had his head on the table and looked like he was sleeping but looked up when he heard his name), I'm sure you know Jonathan. Do you think he would hand in an excellent Socrates essay?
Simon: Jonny Tan? Yeah I guess.
Mr. Hassall: He handed in nothing! But could he have handed in an essay worth excellence?
Simon: I guess.
Mr. Hassall: Of course he could. However he didn't. But don't think of him badly because of this, he is a delightful person. He is one of those people who would never talk behind your back and someone you can always trust.

Mr. Hassall is so awesome but I feel so bad by not handing in a Socrates essay. Damn my laziness. :P

Also I got my Physics results from the internal we did before. Not Achieved. Crap... Hardaker gave a speech before handing out the results, since it was just a rant about how NCEA can pass bad students and fail good students and said that those who got hardly any marks and "did not achieve", to be PC, deserved to fail, and those who missed out by one mark deserved to pass. The paper had two parts to it, an explain (knowledge about the theory behind stuff) area and a calculation (correct calculations) area. I missed out by one EXCELLENCE for an Excellence pass in the theory (holy cow)... and I missed out on one Achieved for an Achieved pass in the calculations portion. So basically I failed, since they take your lowest grade and use that as the final grade. I'm so annoyed at that. But Mr. Hardaker apologized and even wrote "Sorry Jonathan" on the front of the test paper so that made me feel better. Oh well, we don't get a re-sit so I just lost 3 credits. I ain't that upset over it though, since I only failed by one mark due to the crappy NCEA system. :P

And something amusing is going on by where me and my mates hang out at break times. There's a wall by where we sit (it actually has significance... the caretaker told us the wall has a history about a guy struck by lightning and the wall is in a zig-zag shape as a monument to him) and there was one side which had a loose brick (again, history behind that - truck backed into it making that part unstable). So now another group of people who sit beside us (also friends with them as well) and my group have combined our powers to tear down the wall. And I'm surprised at how fast it's going down... there was only one brick loose and from that, we managed to take down most of the wall until we got to one nasty bit which had two rods going up at an angle making it hard to take down. Not even the use of Physics thanks to Souvik and Mitch (talk about torques and stuff) could bring it down. :(

That is, until Won Seuk came along and used his karate powers to just kick it down. Although Ms. Moffit caught him before he could take it all down (it was on a terrible angle after he'd gone all martial arts on it) so she had a rage and told him to go away and when he got back, someone had finished it off. Although no one seems to be doing anything about it since the caretakers and teachers know yet no one's stopping people from busting it down. We think they want it removed so they're getting us to do the work for them. I got a picture on my phone of it before Won Seuk went mental at it... ignore the phallic imagery according to my mates. :P

Posted Image

On Friday, me, Carl, Callum, Cameron and South went to see Day Watch, the sequel to Night Watch and the second in the trilogy. It was on for the International Film Festival in Hamilton... at first I didn't want to see it but Callum talked me into it and after watching Night Watch, I had to see it. Holy. Crap. It is THE BEST film I've seen in 2007, period. The plot was brilliant and the cinematography was AMAZING. Me and Callum couldn't stop talking about it once we got out of the cinema and went home, it was that good. I'm really looking forward to the final movie... Night Watch was so great. It's also good because we started our movie-watching for the International Film Festival by hitting a high note. Hopefully the rest of the films we watch are just as good and we're closing with Priceless which will be good as! :D

Before then while waiting in town, we went to Netcafix (internet cafe) to muck around until the movie at 8.30pm and we had heaps of fun. I didn't realize it, but the Dream Team (just a group of regular Netcafix people, I'm friends most of them funnily enough but I don't know a few) practice their gaming skills on Fridays all night so I was really surprised when I saw Peter, Charlie and Thomas walk into the place. After gaming for ages, we went to Burgerfuel for dinner and took our food to eat outside of the cinema... and my brother came out of the cinema from the movie screening before ours (he saw Helvetica, a documentary about a font??). I immediately regretted calling out to him because I realized my friends still worshipped him because he has a moustache and is a movie fanatic. Turns out he's watched 6 films already (not as good as his previous year but still a lot) and he's got plenty more to go through. :P

Yesterday we had our last game of the season for normal soccer!! We played an amazing match (thank god I didn't have to go in goal first half, Callum volunteered since I didn't want to do it) and it was great! We won 5-2 against Hamilton Christian School compared to our last match against them where we lost pretty badly. David got man of the match with his brilliant goal-keeping last half. So many times they would have gotten a goal against anyone else but David was a tank. His reflexes just made him deflect the ball so many times, the other team was getting so annoyed. But we could tell it was an amazing match because everyone on the sideline kept making "oohs" and "ahhs" and so many cheers and claps during the game. Although I got injured in the last 10 or so minutes. I collided with a guy as we both went for the ball and I cut my lips and gum. At first I thought it was ok so I just continued along and wiped my hand... and there was heaps of blood. I thought it'd stop so I kept going but every now and then I'd wipe my hand to clear the blood and eventually my hand was covered in it and Cameron was like "holy {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}" so I immediately subbed and all the parents gasped when I came off. But according to everyone I looked like a vampire since I've got pretty big incisors and blood was running down them and was stuck between my teeth. :P

And it was Lillis' birthday yesterday so we sang happy birthday for him at the end!! And we had a team photo!! So it was a pretty good start to the day for him. :P

During work (I won't blog too much about work, it sucked) Tim, Conor and Chris found me. I didn't answer their text messages because before work I was napping and then I couldn't text during work, and they only found me because they ended up looking for Lloyd since he works with me and they saw me instead. They invited me for drinks after work but I said I was working late to 10.30pm but they didn't care, although Chris had to be home by 10pm so it would only be me, Conor and Tim. So after work, I met them out on the hills outside of Huntington and we had a few drinks. I only had one and a half KGBs since they started before me and it wasn't fun drinking when the people around me were already drunk so I stayed sober and looked after them...

Conor was smashed. Wow. I'll never forget that, he's the last person you'd expect to drink. He's such a nice person (he's that really good singer I might have mentioned before) and you couldn't imagine him drunk... I realized after a while that he was exactly like me at Blair's party, minus the puking. Apologizing all the time and laughing and talking and doing the normal drinking stuff... I have a photo of him on my phone after he chucked up a few times. It ain't clear but it's amusing all the same. :P

So after relocating from Conor's puke (seriously, he needs to learn to digest his food as me and Tim said) to another hill, we had a few more drinks and then I decided to call them a taxi since Tim was getting tipsy/drunk (he's a tank when it comes to drinking... 24 standard drinks and he's still normal, as in slightly tipsy but still aware of his surroundings, compared to Conor's 6/7 and already out) and Conor was trying to be less sick by not moving and puking every now and then. Apparently he'd never been this drunk and they only came out to drink because they wanted to drink with "the legendary Jonny Tanked!" which was quite amusing in my opinion. During the day, Conor and Tim were deciding what to do for the day since Conor was hanging out with Tim for the day (Conor lives in Raglan). So they decided on their options which were "pick up some girls, find a party, hang around, go to the mall..." and then they thought of "finding Jonny Tanked!" so they asked Adrian for my cellphone and found me eventually. :eek:

So I got my phone out to call a taxi... but none of us knew the number. Uh oh. So we tried to think of ideas but then Conor yelled out "DIRECTORY 018!" and fell back into unconsciousness and I called the directory to get the number of a taxi company... three times for different cabs, since they were all engaged or not picking up. I spent about 20-30mins calling them and eventually got one to take them home. Jeez. And I had to use the cover for my mum that I was out at a party with someone called "Ashleigh Stevenson" (random surname called out by Chris at work) and that her parents were picking me up and dropping me off. Phew. Although I had trouble explaining the dirt on my shirt and trousers... I think she thought I got up to some dirty business but I told her we were sitting on the ground which was the truth, but I don't think she believed it. :P

Oh yeah, to anyone I know in real life who reads this blog, you didn't hear that Conor was drunk. He'll murder me if he finds out so just keep it to yourselves. :P

Anyway, today was pretty nice. I slept in for once which was really nice and me and mum went out to have lunch at a Chinese restaurant, Master House. It's a really nice place with good food and mum knows the owner from way back in the times mum took painting classes so they talked for ages while I ate. Then we went shopping afterwards (I saw Tahn, Sma, Liam and John in town which was amusing but they didn't see me) and eventually went to have some chips and a drink at Metropolis. Then we went to Pak 'n' Save to get some groceries but I didn't get to see Carl working which was a shame. But I am so glad I ain't a checkout operator there, I'd be working non-stop for hours until my break. They have the lowest prices of all supermarkets and everyone goes to shop there... there were trolley jams in all the aisles and the trolley bay had hardly any trolleys in it. They have to constantly fill it because if they didn't add trolleys to it, there'd be dozens of angry people lining up for trolleys. Seriously, from completely full to completely empty, I estimate it'd take only a few minutes at rush hour if they didn't try to fill it. :eek:

After arriving home, I just played WoW. Yeah, I'm pretty bad but it's addictive. And I've started Maths revision now!! I'm currently writing up all my theory notes into a brand new book so I can remember everything as I write it. Although apparently I have a calculus test on Friday so I have to speed up if I want to get to those notes on time, I'm only up to quadratics at the moment. :(

Tomorrow should be great, gonna see Jesus Camp with Callum and maybe a few others if they want to come tomorrow night. :)

And sorry about the long blog entry, this is what happens if I don't blog for a few days and everything interesting happens. :P

~ Jonny

Mr. Kotze: What is the derivative of a cubic graph?
Matt: A parabola?
Mr. Kotze: Correct. Now what is the derivative of a parabola?
Someone else: A straight line?
Mr. Kotze: Correct. Now what is the derivative of a straight line?
*silence*
Cabbage student: Half a straight line?
*Mr. Kotze just stares blankly, then walks off to his desk shaking his head*

Filed in Alcohol, Life, Movies, School, Soccer, Winter 2007

Must Have Done Something Right

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 19 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

Whoops I seemed to have forgotten to blog yesterday. Oh well, nothing exciting apart from WoW happened today so there's still space to blog about yesterday. :P

So we had soccer in the morning!! I was totally pumped for the match... and then I saw it was raining. Not so pumped. So for once I didn't put hair gel in since it'd go all runny in my hair and disgusting when the water'd get to it. But I put the container of gel in my bag just in case the weather cleared up and I'd need it. Yes, I'm an extremely vain person and it's awesome. So along with my spare set of clothes and soccer uniform, in went my hair gel and towels for the rain and spare plastic bags. So armed with my umbrella and dressed in my new clothes, I drove to school for the match. :D

It's kinda weird. I never travel to the soccer match in my soccer gear, it just seems too weird. I end up getting changed AT the field because mufti is way cooler than a sports uniform. So after getting changed and warming up... the game started.

And we actually played awesomely in the first half. We scored the first goal of the game which suprised us and St. John's since they're top of the table and we're about 3rd/4th. We put up a tough game but then they scored against us because of a penalty shootout. So at half time it was 1-1 and I managed to play an awesome round, even Mr. Hardaker said I was going real good. But second half was a bit worse, we got an own goal since the ball deflected off Cameron and David was standing on the other side from where the ball went in. And in the last 10mins or so they scored a goal securing the match for them. But we played our hearts out and it was all good. Although I got a hell of a bruise around my eye from when I took a ball to the face while defending... it's still there sorta, just a bit red. Me and Lillis got player of the match which rocked!! I was kinda surprised at mine, but Mr. Hardaker said I'm the person who's improved the most over the season and this match was the best I've played since he said I defended extremely well, even against some of their best players. :)

But after the match... TO MELVILLE TO MEET MORRINSVILLE!!

I arrived at Melville all by myself to get their signature for the scorecard and I kinda got nervous. I hid myself behind my umbrella so no one would see me and just waited until everyone dispersed to get ready and I talked to their coach, asking for their captain...

And then everyone turned around. Except Nathan thank god, he just kept on walking since he didn't hear and was too busy laughing at some joke. So the captain completely agreed about the score and signed with no problems which was good as. But then the guy on the sideline Shaun, who wasn't playing due to a cold, yelled out "OI NATHAN, GUESS WHO'S COME HERE TO SEE YOU??" and I just turned red and hid behind my umbrella, but Shaun just pushed it down. Then Nathan was like "JONNY!! I thought it was you behind that but I wasn't too sure, you look way different out of uniform" and I got all embarrassed and his team just snickered away. So when they all went to their positions, Shaun invited me to continue watching the game since I was going to leave so I just stayed to support and we had a nice old talk for ages. :P

... and then Shaun suddenly turned around to look at 2 girls crossing the field and walked towards them. When they got closer... crap. It was Nathan's girlfriend. As soon as she saw me, she was like to Shaun (I was trying to act like I was watching the match but kept an ear out to them) "Why's HE here?!" and he explained the reason why. For the rest of the match I just stood there in embarrassment trying to ignore her but every now and then when I'd turn around and act like I was just looking around aimlessly, I'd catch her glancing at me. Jeez, she's got a hell of a stare. And when the match ended, Nathan was walking towards me smiling when she just ran up and hugged him and then he said something and she wandered over to his dad. And then Nathan came up to me and with a laugh said "Thanks for coming to watch the match, Jonny!" and then shook my hand and walked back to his girlfriend.

So I got all embarrassed since you could feel the tension in the air and I was too scared to ask his number to just keep in touch so I just left. But walking across the field, when I nearly got to the road I turned around and saw his girlfriend hugging him and I could just hear her saying/quietly shouting something to her friend which was "I don't care who HE is, he's MY boyfriend!" Jesus, someone's got issues. I was only being friendly. :P

~ Jonny

Cameron: I volunteered to go 2nd to last for speeches last year but Mr. Matthews said no and said he'd organize it by drawing names out of a hat.
Me: So what number did you end up getting?
Cameron: My name wasn't even in the hat.

Filed in Boys, Soccer, Winter 2007

Everlasting Friend

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 11 August 2007 - 12:40 AM

How odd, a blog entry during the day! And it's only just past midday which is creepy. But I have to since I won't be around tonight due to the party and I just HAVE to blog. :P

I had a terrible night of sleep due to being excited about today. I didn't get to bed until 1am and then I only had 3 hours of good sleep. Then after that I kept waking up every half-hour for 3 hours and I ended up just giving up with sleep in the end and just sat in bed for a while. :(

Morrinsville. Was. Awesome.

We got to Morrinsville and met up with everyone in our team. Kinda funny how when we have an away game in Morrinsville of all places, we get the biggest turnout to a soccer match ever. I immediately started walking and looking around and Callum embarrassed me by guessing right when he smiled and said to me "So who or what are you looking out for?" Damn Callum. And everyone kept telling me to not talk as much... and Nathan wasn't there when we got there. They had like 6 players there and it was about half an hour before the match started which was odd and I got worried so then everyone just started cracking jokes about me and Nathan which was pretty funny. But then...

"JONNY!!" I immediately turned around and just yelled out "NATHAN!!" Ahh I felt special, he remembered my name!! So we just talked for a while and it turns out that when he found out that he was playing us this week he couldn't wait and was like "Hey, I'll be able to talk to Jonny again!!" and omg that was awesome. Then he was like "So you're in left back again?" and I was like "Hell yeah!" and he was all like "Sweet!" and was pretty happy and walked off. But then we had to have our team talk and David immediately looked at me and told me to stop conversing with the enemy and people kept saying traitor (all in good humour of course). And when he started with positions I immediately stuck my hand out and was like "LEFT BACK" and he just stared at me then overlooked me sorting out other people. I got so frustrated, he just didn't want me to talk to Nathan but I ended up getting the position after getting all cow-ish at him. Ahh it felt so good. :P

Cosgrove pointed something out to me though. He was like "Hey, wasn't that guy in Grease?" pointing at Nathan and I was confused. Turns out Daniel thought he'd seen him in the Morrinsville College production this year and he was a guy in the play and Daniel said he was the best actor and singer there. He wasn't too sure though and I was nervous and scared to ask so we just didn't say anything. And then the game started...

And Nathan immediately headed towards me. Kinda funny, although Bucky killed the mood by singing a silly love song. So we just talked and joked for ages and it was real nice to be able to talk to him again, I'd been looking forward to it for ages. His team just kept joking around about us and so did my team but we didn't care. Although Sam asked "Why did you have to pick a ginge of all people?" and I hit him for that. But the scariest thing is...

He's a bloody 5th former. Seriously, he looks like he's our age or maybe slightly older but noo, he told me he's in 5th form. So then he started cracking height jokes and I just retaliated back so it was all good. Although I think I kept putting him off when I cheered him on while I was tackling him for the ball and he couldn't stop smiling and tried to hold back laughter but failed several times. And then half time came and we just high-fived each other and shook hands and then immediately launched into a game of p-knuckle... which I won! I managed to somehow twist him so his arm was behind his back although he got out of it and I immediately held his thumb down and won. Carl and Bucky gave me congrats and his team were just laughing. :P

So when we got back on, he subbed off after about 10mins and I stayed on. But then when I went to sub, their captain immediately subbed him back on and we were pretty annoyed since we just wanted to chill so when he went back on and I went off, we just did an awesome high-five. Although the linesman was laughing and was like to me "I don't think the captain wants you guys to talk" and all the parents on the sideline were smiling at me which was kinda creepy. So I just hung around watching him and joking about him every now and then while he was away from the ball and we just chatted between kicks. So when I went back on we immediately moved to each other and just talked and talked. Ahh talking is so awesome. And he pointed out to me the strange thing how we'd never met each other before 3 weeks ago and when we did, it was during a game for only an hour and a half and yet we were good friends. Sometimes things like that happen which rocks. :)

So after the game (we won 5-3 but I don't really care about that, as you can tell) we just shook hands and congratulated each other, and I shook hands with a few others from his team since I'd been talking to them as well during the game from time to time. So we did the whole three cheers thing and then lined up to shake their hands. I ended up getting 3 arse-slaps and just a smile and handshake from Nathan which was kinda funny. So many jokes about us two were thrown back and forth which made me turn red. And then someone on his team yelled out "I think you guys should swap numbers now!!" and I got all embarrassed and so did he so we just walked off. I was about to ask him but then...

I think his girlfriend came. I was like "... oh" when I saw her so I just said nothing more to him and walked off. Damn nervousness gets the better of me sometimes. :P

Time to get ready for production and the party tonight!! Ahh after all the excitement this morning I feel pretty knackered. And I'm going to really regret not getting his number in the near future...

~ Jonny

Nathan: When I found out we were playing you guys this week, I immediately was like "Sweet! Now I can talk to Jonny again!"

Dear Tragedy

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 05 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Ahh I've neglected this blog for a few days and it feels empty without a blog entry. :(

So my weekend's been pretty awesome!! I think I'll start in chronological order however ignore me if my train of thought happens to wander from time to time. :P

Saturday morning was terrible in terms of the weather. We had our soccer match all the way over at Melville and it was raining pretty badly. I had to drive and I woke up late and rushed like mad to get ready and get there on time. I got to Melville then parked right next to Mr. Hardaker... but did a crappy park because it was on a slope and there was a tree right in front of me so I had to do a hill start to park all the way up in front of the tree. Hardaker watched and then said something hilarious to me which'll be my quote of the day. Anyway, it turns out he woke up late as well and he said he'd have offered to take me to the match but he was in such a hurry he thought he was late and I'd already gone. So it was like 8.45am and I went onto the soccer field. I was the 8th player to get there... Tahn was right behind me so that made 9. Brilliant, it was just like our first game with Melville, only this time it was us with 9 players and them with 11 and subs. :sure:

So we played hard out. Bucky managed to make it 10mins into the game (amazingly enough Carl scored a goal in the first 2mins of play... just like last week's match) so that made 10. It was so damn cold and the rain made the whole field muddy. What's worse is that I didn't have anyone to talk to so all I could do was whinge to David, Lillis and Sean all match. But then right after half time (holy cow we were up 2-0) Bucky tripped while tackling this guy and the guy kicked the ball... but Buck's face got in the way so we went down to 9 players since he had to go off the field and shortly went home. We still played hard out and the rain got heavier, the temperature got colder and the field got muddier. Then Callum told me one of his leg muscles was hurting and I began to worry... and shortly after he tackled someone his leg cramped up and he had to go off the field. 8 players. So it was basically me and Carl on the left side trying to cover everything but I couldn't do much because since I'm such a sissy, I'm cautious when on muddy terrain (bloody Mitch and Carl were covered in mud within the first 15mins of play) so all I do is tackle and sprint.

Then Callum came back on which was good as but between the time he was on and off, they managed to score a goal from a direct shot at goal penalty because of some random reason. But I did something so stupid and it was unintentional. The halfway line was completely muddy water. It was absolutely disgusting. I went and took the ball off a guy and then ran to the halfway line where another guy was waiting for me. I then managed to kick the ball into the miniature moat of muddy water and stepped in it, then making a sound which was a cross between a yelp and a scream. I immediately got the whistle blown against me by Hardaker "for making stupid noises" which was pretty hilarious. But in the end we managed to win 3-1 or 4-1 which was real awesome. It was our best match EVER. :D

Saturday night was our first production performance!! I was pretty... not excited? It didn't help that Mrs. Andrews managed to do my makeup all funny and made me look like a girl... serious. Callum couldn't stop laughing and when people saw me for the first time, they'd be walking in one direct, glance at me, look away, then suddenly look back and just give me a funny look. It was BAD. I would have cried but then my makeup would have run. Anyway the night went really smooth!! I was actually surprised, even Aaron didn't make a blotch of the whole thing although he didn't really stick to his dialogue. He came to the theatre semi-stoned with a sore throat and he'd lost his voice and he didn't even know his lines. So when it came to my scene, I worked out something with Simon and we both came on at once and we did our dialogue. But as usual, Simon forgot his line and we both stood there for 2 seconds and I just murmered his line out of the corner of my mouth and that managed to save the whole scene from disaster. Phew, crisis averted. :sweat:

But what was so frustrating... the first real mistake was made right at the end. Simon said the wrong line and then just stood there not making another sound and no one said anything and covered for him. I was just going "oh god no" under my breath and everyone was about to tear their hair out. Then he managed to conjure up another line from another part of the dialogue... but then sat back down when he was meant to be standing and then the show ended. He just grabbed me afterwards and was like "OH GOD I SCREWED UP SO BADLY" which was pretty true but no one would have noticed... much. :P

And today was a nice relaxing day... until Jayne from work called me. I was thinking "oh my god please don't ask me to work, I have leave for a week!" but it turns out the situation was a repeat of last Monday and she was desperate. Jazmin managed to lock her swipe card in the cash up room and there was no way of getting in, so people couldn't cash up or get their tills out. So I went to work and gave her my swipe card and ended up just leaving it in the supervisors' drawer as a backup just in case there was a repeat of that situation again. I hope it doesn't get lost or stolen or something when I get back to work in a week. :sure:

Tomorrow we have the matinee for our production at 10am, either the Year 9s or 10s are coming to see us from our school. I really feel sorry for them, I don't know how they could endure such a boring play, although it is pretty interesting. Gotta wake up early tomorrow so I'm gonna head off to bed now, night night! :)

~ Jonny

Mr. Hardaker: You do realize that you're not helping the myth that Asians can't drive very well.

Filed in Production, Soccer, Winter 2007

Rookie of the Year

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 28 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

Today (or yesterday, I should be sleeping since it's past midnight and I have production rehersals tomorrow!!) was a pretty... I think bad day. I knew as soon as I got up it'd go all wrong haha and it kinda did. Woke up late for my music classes so we raced to the university... and I forgot my clarinet. So I just sat there during band just tapping a drumstick on the desk for Danny. :P

Soccer was pretty brutal and annoying. Carl said Peter was gonna come watch our match at 11am... but he didn't come. I just kept staring off into nothing waiting for him to come and I wasn't paying much attention to the soccer match. Hamish was getting pretty pissed off at me because I was so cheerful and daydreaming so I stick my tongue out at you Hamish, *tongue*. You need to lighten up a bit, it's just a game! Anyway, Peter FINALLY arrived after like 20mins and he missed Carl's spectacular goal in the first 2mins of the game. So then I started to play normally but was still pretty {expletive hax0rd by Cspace} which was really strange for once. I got called for everything every 5mins or so. Usually my throw ins are good but today I kept making rookie mistakes, I tackled a guy from behind, I did the first hand ball of the match, I just sucked. But I made up for it with bursts of sudden soccer enthusiasm every now and then and then I just died down to muck around and just talk.

GRR. There was no one interesting to talk to in the game. Peter was on the other side of the field, Carl was up in the forward lines, Lillis was in goal first half and then no one on the other team was very fun at all. And Hamish kept yelling and getting all angry with me because I was being happy and talking and stuff. I wish we were playing Morrinsville again real soon... :(

Work was tiring and lame. I don't think I want to talk about it today. :P

And I bought World of Warcraft... yes, I know. I'm bad. But I just remembered how much fun it is, it's quite a change from Guild Wars. There are other things to do instead of stuff like killing things and quests. But don't get me wrong, Guild Wars is real fun. I'll be going back to it once Eye of the North comes out since I'm just waiting for that now. Like I've always had fun with Herbalism and Alchemy in World of Warcraft, just running around hunting for ingredients then making potions!! :)

Oh. Just thought I'd mention this, I'm addicted to Alcest's album "Souvenirs d'un autre Monde". It's probably one of the best albums ever since it's soothing, has a really nice atmosphere and also has heavy and light backing but nice vocals. I love it so much. :D

~ Jonny

Kyne: Won Seuk can do the backing for my solo performance!
Mr. Mayall: But he isn't here so that won't work.
Won Seuk: I don't want to do the backing track.
Mr. Mayall: Won Seuk! What are you doing in this class?! You don't have Music!
Me: Yeah Won Seuk, go back to Maths!
Mr. Mayall: Jonny Tan! What are YOU doing here?!

Filed in Gaming, Life, Soccer, Winter 2007

What You Meant

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 21 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

So I have to admit, today was pretty awesome! Soccer + Harry Potter + no work = AWESOME.

Soccer was pretty cool. We played Morrinsvile 1st XI and it was kinda interesting. We lost to them in the grading game of the season 3-2 and today we ended up losing to them 2-1 but it was a real awesome match. I usually play sports for fun and sometimes when it really matters I'll play for competition but usually it's a little bit of both... but mostly fun! And it's weird, in soccer I always seem to mark the friendly people. That is, I always talk to them now and then or just joke around but not too often.

Today was different. I was marking this guy Nathan and he was pretty funny. We became friends almost immediately in my strange fashion of "G'day there, I'll be your marker for today! *laugh*" and instead of the usual greeting (still always friendly) he actually replied back with a funny joke and a laugh. So basically for the whole game, we were just talking to each other and making jokes here and there... being VERY unusually chummy. Commenting about some things I actually won't mention here because it's funny, mean and embarrassing... :P

Anyway, we were talking heaps. We kept distracting each other which was even funnier and we both have a humorous attitude towards things. We'd just crack jokes or chat and comment on stuff - we even did our own rendition of Eye of the Tiger where he sang the lyrics and I voiced the guitar riff to it. It was like we'd been friends for ages which was awesome. At the start of the second half we walked past each other and immediately did a high-five before going to our halves. Then we managed to start p-knuckle (sp? I really dunno how to spell that) but had to quickly abandon the game and fight for the ball when it came down our side. What's funny is that we both managed to distract each other and when we fought for the ball, it was all just for a laugh. :D

But it was kinda weird... David was like to me at the end of the first half "Stop chatting with your boyfriend and start playing the game!" and Carl was like at the end of the match "Don't go for the ginge!! *laugh/wink/nudge*" (Nathan's got reddish-brown hair). Gosh, things always get misinterpreted when they're about me. Although then again I guess it seemed like we were umm... being extremely friendly towards each other from an outside perspective now that I think about it. It didn't help that Carl and an opposing team member were whispering and laughed/giggled now and then while glancing towards us. And when Nathan went to sub a replacement came on and was like "So I hear you're the guy giving Nathan a hard time" with a laugh. But the weirdest thing was when the game ended and we did the congrats cheers and went to shake the other teams' hands...

All the team members perked up a grin when they shook my hand. And then Nathan shook my hand... and slapped my arse. Seriously, what the hell? So I'm really confused at the moment because I've never had that happen before in a situation where I didn't understand what the person meant. I might have to ask Blair on Monday. :eek:

And thanks to my friendliness, I got player of the match!! Quite funny actually. I can't wait to play Morrinsville again. :P

Oh, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is awesome. I won't say anything else.

~ Jonny

*Nathan battles Mitch for the ball and they both collide while trying to header*
Me: Shame Nathan!! Ooh I be-- OMG. GUESS WHAT YOU JUST DID?!
Nathan: Wha-- NOOO!! NOW MY HEAD AND ARM ARE GOING TO GO ALL YUCK!

Page 1 of 1