Expanding On The Mercenary Idea

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:12 AM

There has been interest lately in providing a sort of mercenary service, and I figured that we should probably work out a way to do it. SeeD is, after all, an elite mercenary force in the context of FFVIII. bluetongue.gif

I'm thinking that it would be centered around SeeD, but members of all three divisions could be involved. I'm sure there are gamers in the other divisions, so there's no reason to exclude anyone.

What we would do is center our focus on the games we play the most. Runescape and Guild Wars are obvious, but we could go further. In these places we could look for recruits, and discuss that what we're doing isn't really affiliated with a specific guild so "multi-clanning" isn't a problem (and we can help one's actual guild). All we do is set up missions to provide in-game challenges for our members, and to help various guilds by providing independent fighters who will temporarily fight on their side for unranked battles.

Anyone can fight in wars and rivalries without being a part of the annoying clan politics. bluetongue.gif

We could probably go to various small guilds and let them know that we're here. Some may ask for help, and when they do we should be ready to answer the call.

Do you have any cool ideas for our mercenary "service"? Please reply. thumb.gif
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Battle of Yavin veteran.
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

i mentioned this earlier

**For RS**

We should make our own merc division within Curvedspace for seeD, and if we become really good maybe we could charge small fees for our services. With the small fees we could slowly supply our group with matching armor and weps.

The small fee would be free at first, just to get our name out there. Once we start to get an active line of traffic for merc. work we can start to charge these small fee's with which we can buy all the mercs matching armor and weps. Then whenever we have seeD events or future merc jobs we can all wear the matching armor to signify are dedication and loyaty to our missions.

Posted Image
^ Don't underestimate Google. ^

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (The BlackOpps @ Apr 23 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i mentioned this earlier

**For RS**

We should make our own merc division within Curvedspace for seeD, and if we become really good maybe we could charge small fees for our services. With the small fees we could slowly supply our group with matching armor and weps.

The small fee would be free at first, just to get our name out there. Once we start to get an active line of traffic for merc. work we can start to charge these small fee's with which we can buy all the mercs matching armor and weps. Then whenever we have seeD events or future merc jobs we can all wear the matching armor to signify are dedication and loyaty to our missions.

I don't see how thats possible with the new trade limit? o.0

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Charlie @ Apr 23 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The BlackOpps @ Apr 23 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i mentioned this earlier

**For RS**

I don't see how thats possible with the new trade limit? o.0

well being a merc, you need to learn how to do these things charz. We use the black market and expose flaws all the time, theres always a way around the imposed "guidelines". biglaugh.gif

Posted Image

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zoo {lang:icon}

• ~@~@~@~@~@~@~
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (The BlackOpps @ Apr 28 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well being a merc, you need to learn how to do these things charz. We use the black market and expose flaws all the time, theres always a way around the imposed "guidelines". biglaugh.gif

Not sure what you're proposing here... we've always held ourselves to a high standard, and this kind of sounds the opposite. If what you intend is not legal by the rules set down by the game admins, then, mercenary or not, it shouldn't be done if we want to keep that reputation intact. If I'm misinterpreting, please forgive me. This point has been particularly important to me bluetongue.gif.

Question regarding this whole thing... I like the idea, but I'm not a PvPer by any stretch. What sorts of other things (these in-game challenges you mention) might be included?

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Question regarding this whole thing... I like the idea, but I'm not a PvPer by any stretch. What sorts of other things (these in-game challenges you mention) might be included?

It could potentially be anything, but any PvE requests will probably involve raids or other difficult stuff. It would depend on the game mostly.
Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Cspace @ Apr 29 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could potentially be anything, but any PvE requests will probably involve raids or other difficult stuff. It would depend on the game mostly.

Not all mercs are fighters, some are smithsmen or farmers. They help provide the necessary equipment and itmes that fellow mercs can't afford.

Each stat matters when it comes down to being within a band of mercenaries.

Posted Image

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (The BlackOpps @ Apr 30 2008, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not all mercs are fighters, some are smithsmen or farmers. They help provide the necessary equipment and itmes that fellow mercs can't afford.

Yeah, that could be a big help as well. thumb.gif
Posted Image

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Cspace @ Apr 30 2008, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The BlackOpps @ Apr 30 2008, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that could be a big help as well. thumb.gif

Yep, ya never know when ur gonna need some supplies or extra armor. biglaugh.gif

Posted Image

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phalanx {lang:icon}

• Too Hot to Handle!
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

advancing on that idea, a group of people dedicated to oragnizing all supplies needed by combat mercs. if the are 5 or 6 people to begin with, with a 3,000 gp limit like i sadly have. thats 18,000 gp worth of Food, Runes, arrows we could give out. and with the small fees, we can buy them/make them bit by bit and send them out as they are made to be stored in the new bank tabs so when a merc is called into service everything supplied by us is in the one tab hopefully.

make sense?

RS Goals
Att: 47/50 Crafting: 42/50
Str: 51/60 Mining: 57/65
Def: 44/50 Smithing: 49/60
Range: 9/20 Fishing: 39/45
Pray: 28/40 Cooking: 43/55
Magic: 31/40 Fire: 24/30
Rc: 29/40 WC: 44/55

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic