• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

I Play

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   grandrial {lang:icon}

• The White Wizard
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:10 PM

my copy is on order and was ment to come on my birthday but no no!!! and i dont no which world to pick i have been discussin such a thing with Echliurn and we dont no the names of the worlds lol so we cant decide but i want to be a red mage soo... if u have ne recommendations just post headbang.gif
user posted image Padawan Grandrial - Keeper of the peace

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Auron the banished {lang:icon}

• Fight The Power!!!!!!!!!!
  • Icon

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

Um if you're going to be on a world with a friend you need a world pass
in order to get on a world you want

unless you know this already then this post is pretty much pointless costumed-smiley-089.gif
user posted image

Join me in my fight to save the insanity of these boards and of the world!!!

user posted image

Viva la insanity

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   grandrial {lang:icon}

• The White Wizard
  • Icon

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:55 PM

yay the game has arrived thumb.gif but now i need a new graphics card conf.gif but it should be here on thursday icon_sweatdrop.gif

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:19 PM

Im waiting on a mastercard/visa to play, but my games ready apart from that, same with grandrial except his is graphic card. We'll both be players soon thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Echliurn: 04 October 2004 - 08:19 PM

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Doomed1 {lang:icon}

• Hey babe
  • Icon

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:02 AM

Red Mage rules!!! Although should be combined with the Human race for most verstaile results grnwink.gif
user posted image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bashae {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:22 AM

My brother claims it is $130US to play for a month... And of course I don't believe him. It's probably for a year... or 6 months.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   grandrial {lang:icon}

• The White Wizard
  • Icon

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

its 7 pound a month i think in England. and my graphics card has finally arrived and it is getting installed at 9:00am tomorrow morning (great britain time)

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:25 PM

Reikin its $12 or something, and ive got it installed and it works, just got a login error on main play online site thing, so the game is down for everyone sad.gif

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   grandrial {lang:icon}

• The White Wizard
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:36 PM

I need a world pass but i dont have 2k does anyone know where i could get one cheaper than that?

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ryl {lang:icon}

• Mr Ryly
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:56 PM

The only place to get a cheaper world pass is to be on a world with less people on it.

I'll buy you that worldpass once I get back on Echi, should be tomorrow some time once the servers are back up.
I think it only costs 2-3k on my server so that's fine (maybe you could pay me back sometime ^^ lol). I'll send you it by PM on here. I can also give other people them if they are planning to join very soon (they have an expiry date).
I'm currently on my RDM job atm, which is RDM43/BLM21, I can take you through the first few levels pretty easily and show you what to do.

These login errors don't happen very often, and never really this bad. It's only been since around the latest expansion pack was released, probably a few bugs still left in it.

Do you know what city you are starting in? The best one to start in if you need cash if Windurst because the Crawlers in the area drop silk thread quite often. That sells for 800g each usually, and for 10k per stack (stack is 12).

The best job to make gil with is thief since they get steal and gilfinder abilites earlier on, and TH at lvl 15. Except they are the hardest job to level at first because before lvl 15 they basically suck. I took THF to 30, and used it to farm cash I needed to fund RDM (very expensive job, just spent 90k today on one piece of equipment), until my RDM got to lvl 33. After lvl 33 RDMs because very good at soloing, at 41 they are pretty much the best for killing NMs solowise.
DRK is such a cool job, but you need a lvl 30 job before you can get it as it is an advanced job.

Which server are you on Grandrial?
user posted image
Sig by me matey ForsakenMagey

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Doomed1 {lang:icon}

• Hey babe
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

eek7.gif Wow, Ryl. You seem to be very experienced at the game...

Oh, why would you have RDM/BLM? That's not a very good combination, considering the Red Mage has a fairly balanced amount of White & Black Magic. I say you should have gotten a Ranger or a Bard. So, then you wouldn't have either magic or power unbalanced. grnwink.gif

Unless you're just searching for not being so versatile, then it don't matter. bluetongue.gif
user posted image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ryl {lang:icon}

• Mr Ryly
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:31 PM

BLM is the perfect subjob for RDM, other subjobs that are good are WHM and SMN.
NIN is good when you solo for utsusemi. Just type /sea all RDM 65-75 and you will see.

RDM is a balance of all 4 types (damage, melee, healing, support) yes, but in a PT RDM very rarely meleeing because they are very bad at it. By the time you hit lvl 30 any RDM setup you have, on IT mobs you will hit no more than 20 damage, when all the other people are hitting 100+, I melee sometimes but rarely because it isn't that good. RDM have very low MP compared to BLM, WHM and SMN and really need an MP boost. AT lvl 43 with BLM sub I have 350mp or so, with WAR sub it would be 300mp. I use equipment to boost my MP from 350-510 because it is needed so much.
I need all the INT I can get, even with +20MND and INT spells are sometimes resisted and without a mage subjob I'd have no chance.

RDMs main job in PTs is enfeebling up until lvl 41. Enfeebling spells duration rely on your INT or MND depending on what spell it is:
Blind, bio 1/2, gravity, bind, sleep, dispel (extremely important RDM spell), poison 1/2 and so on are INT.
Dia1/2, Diaga 1/2, paralyze, silence, slow are MDN spells.

RDMs second main job up to 41 is healing, and magic bursting. Healing isn't really governed by MND all that much (up until you reach the cap), until you have a certain MND lv where you can break the healing cap, (eg, my Cure 2s now do around 95hp cure instead of the 90hp cap). You use a mage subjob because you need lots of MP to heal for longer.
Magic bursting resisting is determined by your INT skill (as well as elemental skill of course), and more INT means more damage. A magic burst does 33% more damage than a normal spell so you need to do this whenever you can.

At 41 RDMs get refresh and become the mana batteries of the PT, in 10 minutes I go through about 900mp so need all the MP I can get. It takes a LOT of mp to keep all the people in your PT refreshed, since every time it costs 40mp. That adds up quickly and costs 160mp per person to keep them refreshed for 10 minutes, usually thats 4 people to refresh which takes 640mp. In 10 minutes the most MP you can get back with your own refresh in 10 mins is 440mp. You also need to magic burst which costs 50mp a time and can be a few times per fight, you must enfeeble (usually costs me 150mp per mob), you must dispel (25mp per spell), and backup heal (usually 50 mp per fight). RDM is the second most busy job in the game as well so you never get a chance to rest your MP back.

BLM gives you INT, MP bonuses and a small MND boost. Drain (very useful), aspir (you need allthe MP you can get), Warp, and escape. Chainspell + Escape will save your PT many times, because sometimes the BLM doesn't have his 7 years it takes to cast escape (chainspell makes this spell instant). You also get elemental seal which you will need to save your PT (elemental seal + sleepga = 100s of asleep mobs so you can run away).

RNG subjob will not work, RDMs don't get many bows and have low archery skill. BRD subjob is ok, but gives no INT, MND, or MP boost. Best to get a main BRD in your PT.
user posted image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

Grandrial is on Asura i think it is, and i recieved the world pass, ive just gotta understand job system..

Is it like final fantasy 5 and i can switch anytime, or have i gotta make a new content id for a different job?

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ryl {lang:icon}

• Mr Ryly
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2004 - 03:39 PM

To switch job all you have to do is talk to your Moogle in your mog house and chose change jobs.

To get a subjob (ie, I have /BLM as my sub) you need to be lvl 18 to complete the quest.
To get advanced jobs you need a lvl 30 basic job and finish a quest.
user posted image

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:49 AM

Well ive went a TaruTaru and a warrior (i changed my mind) I'll get to 18 then do this quest and get a Thief and Mage.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users