21st April 2009 - Tale of the Muspah

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

Experienced adventurers will be familiar with Fremennik rites of passage, and the difficulties they present. It’s little wonder, then, that Fremennik children are always on the lookout for an easier path to adulthood, and Erjolf is no exception. Full of enthusiasm but short on skills, Erjolf will need your assistance if he is going to impress his kinsfolk.

Join him in his quest for a trophy, unravel the puzzling story behind a curious corpse, and discover the dark secrets of one of the most fearsome races to ever walk in Gielinor. You may find one or two useful allies along the way, who are willing to lend a helping hand.

It’s been great to work on a quest that involves one of RuneScape’s most mysterious races, and develop a plotline that’s been around since the early days of RuneScape. This is the first part of a new quest series, and paves the way for following quests.

Mod Roderick
RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:
Where to start Tale of the Muspah:
Talk to Erjolf, north-east of Rellekka, at a cave halfway up a snow-covered mountain path.

Requirements to begin Tale of the Muspah:
10 Magic
10 Woodcutting
8 Mining
6 Firemaking
20 Crafting would be an advantage

In Other News…

Picking from a tree or bush has been sped up.

Several items that previously damaged you when used can no longer kill you. Don't worry, though - you can still use them to reduce your Hitpoints if you want to.

The Easter 2009 update has now been removed, and the associated music unlocked for all.

QUOTE (Quick find code: 15-16-862-58722200)
The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Fixed the animations for a leprechaun in the Wilderness.
* A rendering issue with the male barbarians has been fixed.
* The Hunter box trap has had its model updated.
* A problem with the Castle Wars hood when shown on a chathead has been resolved.
* An animation glitch with the Dagon’hai robes and Zamorak cape has been fixed.
* A rendering problem with a devious monk has been fixed.
* Rendering issues with the Hallowe’en mask and pumpkin head have been resolved.
* The pyrelord chathead has been improved.
* The colour of the labels on the newcomer map has been changed to make them easier to read.
* A glitch with the lock picking animation has been resolved.
* Resolved a rendering issue where your feet would disappear underneath the floor of the combat ring and when standing on a rug in someone’s house.
* Prevented a problem whereby an animation would not play if you were moving while reading from a prayer book.
* Rat Burgiss's beard was looking odd on his chathead. A quick trip to the Falador barber later, and his problem has been sorted.
* Resolved an animation problem with the Rogue Trader top when worn by female characters and with the Stealing Creation platebody when performing an emote.
* A rendering issue has been fixed with the red salamander when held by a player.

Quests

* You can now discuss more of the quests you have completed with Juna when telling her stories.
* Ensured you don't have a skull icon above your head during parts of Chosen Commander and that you do if you've been skulled prior to taking a balloon ride.
* A couple of cutscenes in the Giant Dwarf quest have been updated so that you can 'Click to continue'.
* Razmire now stops being one of the afflicted after you have completed Shades of Mort'ton.

Minigames

* Ensured that the correct attack options are displayed outside of the Duel Arena.
* Ensured that the Blast Furnace correctly depletes your run energy while training Agility.
* Resolved a delaying issue with the Fist of Guthix and Stealing Creation waiting rooms.
* You will now lose the correct number of druid pouches when attacked by ghasts in the Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble minigames.
* It is no longer possible to perform any type of attack from within the cloud hiding spot in Stealing Creation.
* The Enchant Bolts spell can no longer be used in Soul Wars.
* Improved the logic for the stairs in Castle Wars.

Miscellaneous

* Various interfaces have been reworked for better compatibility with existing languages.
* The ‘remove’ option in your house should now give you a warning for removing the cage from around a flame pit.
* Zanik's Crossbow is now properly affected by several more items marked by the gods.
* A few music tracks are now correctly alphabetised, without taking into account any prepositions or articles such as 'The' or 'A'.
* The ‘Withdraw-X’ feature in the bank has been fixed so that it no longer searches for the last number you entered.
* Prevented an error with the text on the bank tabs.
* Slayer task lists now correctly cater for players with less than level 60 Agility and Strength, as well as players that cannot access ghouls if they haven't completed Priest in Peril.
* Some typos have been fixed in, among others, Chosen Commander, Account Creation, the sergeant in Burthorpe and the Gnome restaurant minigame.
* Ensured that the Varrock Lumberyard can only be accessed by players on a members’ world.
* The guards in the Khazard Fight Arena and Froono (one of the gnome children) will now address you by your correct gender.
* The granite mace has been added to the Attack skill guide.
* Fixed a bug in the Phoenix Lair that was preventing the phoenix’s death cutscene from playing.
* Fixed a problem that occurred when rooms in your house were built above a garden.
* Fixed a problem with quick chat that would show the wrong Fist of Guthix rating while in the minigame.
* A number of songs have been prevented from overriding manual selections.
* Improved the Enchant Bolt interface.

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Master Of Stuff {lang:icon}

• Despair with a side of butter
  • Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Quests
* Razmire now stops being one of the afflicted after you have completed Shades of Mort'ton.

Epic, Freaking, Win.

Miscellaneous
* The ‘Withdraw-X’ feature in the bank has been fixed so that it no longer searches for the last number you entered.

If this is what I think it is... darn. Can't win them all I suppose.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Master Of Stuff @ Apr 21 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quests

Epic, Freaking, Win.

Miscellaneous

Quick find code: 15-16-862-58722200 Page 6 post 4

QUOTE (Mod Nexus)
Withdraw X does remember, it's just that when you put in say 100 as the amount it wouldn't find the correct items when you searched for them and would look for an item called "100". This should work properly now.

Posted Image

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

They fixed the F2P lumber yard glitch... sad.gif

Now we can't go anywhere P2P on F2P, now with the duel arena being free anyway! screama.gif

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Master Of Stuff {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Kimojuno @ Apr 21 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Master Of Stuff @ Apr 21 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quests

Epic, Freaking, Win.

Miscellaneous

Quick find code: 15-16-862-58722200 Page 6 post 4

QUOTE (Mod Nexus)
Withdraw X does remember, it's just that when you put in say 100 as the amount it wouldn't find the correct items when you searched for them and would look for an item called "100". This should work properly now.

That was an oddly worded sentence then.
The number thing was annoying because the search window always assumed you pressed enter after searching. Anyways, great update. Looking forward to more shade burning.

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

All posts from Quick find code: 15-16-208-58723805

Page 1:

QUOTE (Andrew)
We try to do content with a mixture of levels, and in fact we hadn't done a novice quest for a long while.

Of course it also true to say that we haven't done a grandmaster quest in a long while either. More of these are being commissioned also.

Although it seems a lot of people want content even higher than 'grandmaster', e.g. level 80+ and content of that level is almost certainly likely to be skill related than quest related. At the moment the 'level 80+' development focus is on skills which have big gaps at the top.

Page 3 post 1:

QUOTE (Andrew)
If you look through the recent quests, in reverse order they go.

Novice (this one)
Master (albeit at the bottom end of master)
Experienced
Experienced
Novice (Christmas)
Grandmaster

So if anything is seems to be the intermediate quests that have been neglected.

Although actually until the last few weeks there had been a long period without many quests at all. At least the quests have been more frequent lately.

Page 3 post 6:

QUOTE (Andrew)
We're trying to avoid using the terms 'low levelled' and 'high levelled'. As they mean different things to different people.

We really should use novice/intermediate/experienced/master/grandmaster, etc.. as those are better defined.

Or even better just refer to something as lvl-20, or lvl-50, or lvl-90 etc...

I see that I have yet again made the mistake of not doing that. doh! Must remember to use less ambigious terms to describe levels.

I have now edited my original post to reflect that and use the politically correct terms for describing levels TheSmile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------

From this point on it's Quick find code: 16-17-942-57476537

Page 97:

QUOTE (Mod Maz)
Dear Players,

I’d just like to take some time to inform you a little about one of the projects I’m working on – Mobilising Armies. Hence why I'm posting this on a Mobilising Armies thread! biglaugh.gif

I’ve been working on this project for some time now, right from the very first concepts with Mod Tim who is leading the project.

The minigame has evolved hugely since our original release plans, partly because the Game Engine team came up with some really useful new functionality that made the game play much smoother and less awkward and partly because of some good feedback and suggestions we had for new mechanics.

That being said, we still have to work within the constraints of the RuneScape Engine, which is not going to lead to mechanics in RTS games where you get to do things like border selecting troops and have thousands of them on screen at a time.

We have focused very much on the battle tactics element (RTT) and this makes MA into a game involving some interesting mechanics, and we’re quite excited to see how players choose to interact and which tactics turn out to be the popular ones.

At the moment we’re nearly ready to hand over to the QA team so they can test it and when it completes that phase, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as we have!

Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrel Armies

There are more posts go to the QFC to see them in context.

---------------------------------

I am posting due to the edit on April 16th.

Quick find code: 16-17-641-58575396

QUOTE (Mod Mark)
Hi

A few weeks ago we removed the Bounty Hunter game from the Wilderness, but promised it would be coming back soon. I just wanted to quickly post to say that we’re working hard on the new, improved Bounty Hunter, and to tell you a little about it.

As many of you know, the Bounty Hunter minigame was really a temporary solution to the removal of PvP back in 2008. We really rushed the launch because of all the other projects we were working on at that time, and we therefore made a few design decisions that were not the best choices we have ever made. When we found a permanent solution with PvP worlds, we were determined to re-examine Bounty Hunter and make it the kind of game that we knew it could be. We’re really pleased that some of you like it as much as you do, and we’re keen to get it back to you as soon as we can.

So, here’s a little about one of the changes we’ve made so far. Some of you have complained that the crater sizes are too small, and that the level grouping of players is unfair. The new Bounty Hunter minigame will take place across the entire Wilderness, using the existing Wilderness level bands to restrict how and where fighting takes place. This means that you’ll have lots more room and, if you stick to the lower areas of the Wilderness, you’ll know that your opponents will always be within a few combat levels of your own. If you think you can handle more risk, you will be able to encounter higher-level combatants simply by walking north. We will also be allowing players to use the bank and change equipment in Edgeville, but only Edgeville, and the Wilderness will be accessible from these Bounty Hunter PvP servers.

Obviously, with such a large area we’re rethinking how and when new bounty targets will be assigned; more information on that in the future.

We still can’t talk to you about launch dates because we simply don’t know how long it will take to get it right – and were not going to rush it out again. But we are working on it as we speak, and we will launch it as soon as it’s ready.

EDIT 16/4

A quick word to say that we have just finished the development work for the bounty hunter update. This means that we have implemented all the changes we wanted to make, and that work is now with our testing department for thorough checking, making sure it won't break when we update. Sadly I still can't give you a launch date, but we are making significant progress.

Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

For those wondering:

ok... this may have been already said but...

was 'The tale of the Muspah' a quick change... from the name 'Mysteries of the Mahjarrat?*'

or is this an upcoming quest? or was is just the working title? o.0

*you can find this in quick chat- search up quest and the look in M... may have been removed though.... im not sure =]

QUOTE (Mod Emilee)
It's the name of the quest series, rather than an actual quest.

In Quick Chat, it will soon be replaced with "Tale of the Muspah". ^_^

Quick find code: 15-16-338-58722215 page 48 posts 1 & 2

Posted Image

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Quick find code: 15-16-447-58730613)
"Why are the skill requirements for the quest so low?"

Please remember that this is the first part in a quest series! grnwink.gif

We have started it off with low level requirements so that new, and lower leveled players, are able to be included in the new quest chain and be introduced to content normally reserved for more experienced players.

Like many other series, each part will have a reasonable sized level jump and will cater for many levels.

"Are you ever going to conclude existing quest series?"

Yes, along with new content, we are also working on existing quest series such as the dwarf and fairy quest lines.

If you have completed the Tale of the Muspah, you will know that it ties up many loose ends too. grnwink.gif

"Are there any high level quests on the horizon?"

Yes, there are a number of level 80-ish things currently in development and more grandmaster quests are also being commissioned.

Currently, we are focusing on level 80+ content. However, such content is most likely to be skill related rather than quest related.

Posted Image

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Master Of Stuff {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Quick find code: 15-16-447-58730613)
"Why are the skill requirements for the quest so low?"

Please remember that this is the first part in a quest series! grnwink.gif

We have started it off with low level requirements so that new, and lower leveled players, are able to be included in the new quest chain and be introduced to content normally reserved for more experienced players.

Like many other series, each part will have a reasonable sized level jump and will cater for many levels.

These idjits forget the firestorm that came after the release of Devious Minds and Lunar Diplomacy. "BAWW! Every quest should have requirements of *one level below here*"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users