CurvedSpace Forums: I got suspended for making a childish post - CurvedSpace Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

I got suspended for making a childish post This is neils91 from uff

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   greene91 {lang:icon}

• This is Neils
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

I was suspended for making a death threat post out of anger the mod who banned me knows right well i was kidding.
Chaz P K has made many similar posts but never got in trouble once.
I have a feeling that the mod who banned me just wanted me out of the way for speaking against seed rebels.
You can take me out of uff but you cant take the uff out of me!
IPB Image
Actual level is 57.
Power Through Wisdom, Saradomin
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." (Bilbo)

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(greene91 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:56 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I was suspended for making a death threat post out of anger the mod who banned me knows right well i was kidding.
Chaz P K has made many similar posts but never got in trouble once.
I have a feeling that the mod who banned me just wanted me out of the way for speaking against seed rebels.
You can take me out of uff but you cant take the uff out of me!

I am not quite sure why you were suspended, however I am sure it there was a good reason, but I can assure you it was not 'to get you out of the way', and I'm going to ask you not to post outside of the headmaster office. It is okay -to post in here-, however posting in other forums is a no no, as you are currently suspended.

And as for a moderator, 'getting rid of you', if this was the case you would of been banned. However, this ban would not hold and Cspace would of undone it, but said moderator did not ban you but only suspend the account. It is not for long,

A Member Breaking A Suspension Or Ban: If a member is suspended and posts with a different account to get around it (must be positive of this, please verify IP), that account can be suspended as well. If the member continues to break a suspension, his/her suspension could be extended by a GMod. This rule can be enforced on anyone in the given situation unless an exception is created by a GMod (such as if allowed in one thread if a subject there). A SMod, after suspending the individual, can send the post(s)/thread(s) to the deletion archive if necessary.

To my knowledge, we have always allowed people to post in the headmasters office, to and only to if they don't know ask (and be friendly about it) in The Headmasters Office. This is not to accuse you of not being friendly, this is only to state not to post anywhere else, and from this time on just to wait the suspension out.

-- Jeff

PS: You can feel free to log out and surf the forums, but please just respect the suspension, I will personally speak to Cspace, because I have not read everything so I do not know the whole story. I did see some death threats, but I am unsure on who gave what, however once again just respect the suspension because it will be over before you notice. thumb.gif

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

Even star jedi said that he shouldnt be suspended that it was just anger

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rohtaren {lang:icon}

• no chief big fart
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

i would imagine that even if you were joking when you made the death threat, the victim took it very personally and thought you were not joking.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:30 PM

To Stop A Member From Repeated Flaming, Provocation, Or Insults: If a member is repeatedly flaming and it is commonly believed that it should stop, any SMod can suspend a member for one day without warning (although a warning is recommended if possible to notify the member of what will come; could end there). A formal warning may be sent by a GMod or above afterward with the potential for further action if necessary. Keep this action for when a member needs to stop immediately and refuses to do so. This is to STOP a member, not PUNISH a member.

A Real Life Death Threat: If a member posts a direct real-life death threat a SMod can suspend for two days. A GMod can extend this. This includes anything along the lines of "Go kill yourself" in the implementation of flaming.

QUOTE(Neils91 @ Jun 18 2006, 07:35 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Omg gah im like six inches close to tracking down all of you and popping the gun omg!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

it doesnt really matter its only 2 days neils youll be back as soon as 2 days is done.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:26 AM

Different people see things differently. It may have seemed quite obvious to you that you were kidding, but that doesn't necessarily mean that others will realise that. The rules are pretty clear on death threats, two days isn't that difficult to wait through.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Joseph {lang:icon}

• Originally Joined - July 2004
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

I've already appologised to Neal on RuneScape. (Thanks to Star.) I do feel somewhat bad about him getting suspended but you can't make exceptions for something as serious as a death threat. As goto said, it may have been obvious to you that you were kidding, but sometimes it is hard to tell by just text on a computer screen what your tone of voice is and such. Basically, you need to learn your lesson here not to make anything that someone could ever mistake as a death threat, so you do not do that somewhere else where someone might report you to the police.

Remember that on the internet, people can't see who you are. And generally don't know anything about you. There are a lot of crazies on the internet and unless someone knows you well enough to know that you are not one, then there is always a chance that you are one of the psychos on the internet. It's just two days. We just want you to learn your lesson. thumb.gif

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   MaGeP0oner7593 {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

greene a.k.a neils where did u get ur sig with ur stats bcz i cant read the site thats at bottom.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Joseph {lang:icon}

• Originally Joined - July 2004
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

That has nothing to do with this topic. I don't think Neils would be able to understand what you said, anyway. biglaugh.gif

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(MaGeP0oner7593 @ Jun 20 2006, 02:50 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

greene a.k.a neils where did u get ur sig with ur stats bcz i cant read the site thats at bottom.

www.rsbandb.com

QUOTE(Joseph @ Jun 20 2006, 03:02 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

That has nothing to do with this topic. I don't think Neils would be able to understand what you said, anyway. biglaugh.gif

I understood it.

Posted Image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(OMG KIMOBUTTER @ Jun 20 2006, 08:34 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

QUOTE(MaGeP0oner7593 @ Jun 20 2006, 02:50 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

www.rsbandb.com

QUOTE(Joseph @ Jun 20 2006, 03:02 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I understood it.

You should change your name, its not smoddy enough. Smod names have to be scary and imposing. As in, "I can ban you on a whim, so no more flaming you nincompoop!"

Something like:
  • Blazimo?
  • The_Kim_Reaper?
  • Kimono?
  • NoobKiller?

And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:07 PM

Closed, thread has served its purpose.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users