RS: 8th April 2009 - Easter 2009

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

The Easter Bunny seems to have been around forever. Or has he? What makes him seem immortal? This Easter, calamity has once again befallen his factory, and he needs your help to solve the problem. As well as giving you the chance to fix some impressive machinery, and deal with some colourful (but less than helpful) characters, Splitting Heirs will also give our free players a taste of what it’s like to catch implings.

This event revisits the past, so if you’ve played previous Easter events you’ll recognise the incubator from 2008 and the Easter Bird from 2006. Find out what makes the Easter Bunny tick, and you could also earn yourself a new fun weapon. So what are you waiting for? Go seek out the Easter Bunny!

Mod Maz
RuneScape Developer
Queen of the Squirrels

Where to start Splitting Heirs:
Speak to the Easter Bunny, south of Falador.

Requirements to complete Splitting Heirs:
None.

In Other News...

The layout of the welcome screen has been changed slightly to allow us to add further information to it in the future.

Pyre logs now have a ‘Make-X’, and code for this has been significantly reworked. Also, any bonus experience gains from the All Fired Up quest rewards should now properly apply.

The April Fools’ cabbages have now been removed from the game, and seagulls have been removed from the Hunter skill.

The speed at which your prayers activate should now be back to normal, without the delay some players have been experiencing.

QUOTE (Patch Notes 08/04/09)
The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Slightly adjusted some areas in the Grand Tree to correctly remove roofs when appropriate.
* Fixed some colouring issues in the Grim Tales quest journal.
* Fixed female hairstyles when wearing ear muffs.
* Solved a graphical issue in the Warriors’ Guild where you could occasionally see some of the floor above.
* A specific chathead playing an animation while wearing a blue beret had rendering issues.
* Resolved an issue where boots would render over legs when running.
* Ensured all canoe animations – from cutting down the tree to pushing the canoe into the water and more – have been checked to remove graphical issues.
* Changed the area around the Edgeville Dungeon ladder to prevent some graphical issues.
* Some floating bricks near Yanille have been ordered to obey gravity, and left RuneScape to sulk about it.
* Fixed an issue where players would glide toward box traps that have been placed on the ground.
* When travelling from Rellekka to Miscellania or vice versa, the travel map should now properly fit your game window.
* Wearing a fez should always be a fashionable choice, and now your chatheads have decided to agree.
* The bandits near Pollnivneach no longer slide around and have been given the correct animations.
* Stopped flames in the Wizards’ Tower rendering through the floor above.
* The archer helm no longer renders through your eyes in low detail.
* Fixed an issue where NPCs would have render order issues when sitting on benches.

Quests

* Tidied up some code dealing with the Murder Mystery quest items.
* Stopped parrots being stored in seemingly random cages other than the one in Taverley Dungeon while on the Eadgar's Ruse quest.
* Fixed an issue with the Great Brain Robbery quest journal not always showing.
* Code still around from the Christmas event wasn't needed for the Myths of the White Lands quest and has been removed.
* Post-quest information for Perils of Ice Mountain listed the NPCs the wrong way around.
* The reward lamp from Recipe for Disaster will no longer be dropped on the floor if your inventory is full.
* Tidied up the code dealing with the Spirit of Summer quest when going through the portal.

Minigames

* After each performance in Balthazar Beauregard’s Big Top Bonanza, you will now be informed as to your experience gain for that section.
* Fixed a typo in the Shooting Star chat.
* The Air Guitar emote now counts toward your Circus performance.
* Some of the empty Stealing Creation resource locations had the same examine as full versions.
* Fixed an issue with Clan Wars where the caller would occasionally not display players’ names correctly.

Miscellaneous

* Dagon'hai robes and elite black armour can now be added to the costume room in your house.
* Horatio can now look after your Farming patch, and after the completion of Back to my Roots there is a right-click option to pay as well.
* Several interfaces have been converted to a newer format.
* Improved the code for salamanders in combat; no behavioural changes that you’ll be able to notice.
* Added empty buckets to Farming shops.
* Balloon journeys now have a ‘quick-fly’ option, providing you meet any requirements necessary.
* Gnormadium Avlafrim now has a quick right-click glide option, bringing him in line with the rest of the glider pilots.
* Changed some logic dealing with the vyrewatch's behaviour when several players are in the area.
* The logic to calculate Kudos has been updated so players will no longer be able to get 5 more than the maximum suggested amount.
* Improved code to deal with removing certain items from your worn slots.

Quick find code: 15-16-742-58647357

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

The easter event will be ending soon - two weeks is in two days, but if there is a game update tomorrow it could be removed tomorrow. Just posting this as a reminder if anyone that plays hasn't done it yet. TheSmile.gif

QUOTE (Quick find code: 15-16-450-58653419)
"Noes! I wanted a bunny suit!"

A bunny suit is an awesome idea, however, we discovered that it simply wouldn't work technically. This is because it would lead to all sorts of glitches and clipping issues which would make the rest of your kit look bad.

Instead, you have the first carrot in RuneScape! ^_^

"I've lost my carrot, how do I get it back?"

Don't worry, speak to Diango and he will be able to return your carrot to you.

"Why do I have to have an empty inventory when entering the factory area?"

The factory area is void from Random Events, so to not cause disruption to your enjoyment of the Easter fun, and to minimize abuse of the area, we put this system in place.

We are aware that this has been an issue for many players and it is something that we are very keen to avoid happening again in future content.

"Where are the rest of the questions?!"

This is because there hasn't been many questions that have been asked frequently about this week's game updates. ^_^

If you do have any questions concerning the recent game updates, please do not be afraid to ask them in the Recent Updates forum.

Happy Easter! TheSmile.gif

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users