• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

F2p Vs. P2p The Debate

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   TyboeThePuma {lang:icon}

• Seeds Coolest Puma
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:23 PM

Id have to say it would be near a tie. There are so many more free players than members. Consider how amny noob accounts, pures, and othr characters that a klot of members have. I have like 5 account, only one of which is a member(my main. I also have a miner, and like three noob pkers). The free players would outnumber p2p by great amounts. Now the members, they have an advantage because of their stats and gear. Members are higher leveled and have better weapons/spells/armor/stats in general. They would have the advantage in battle. I couldnt say who would win.

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 12 October 2003 - 04:15 PM

Heh, i'm one of those red people with a dragon axe i think. The thing you have to take into account is presumably this would be a wilderness battle and f2p has nearly ALL the pures and pkers (often the people have mains on p2p). I know a high level impure can win by using magic against a pure, but with the sheer number of people who pk on free it could be quite a close fight.

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 12 October 2003 - 06:04 PM

F2p does have more pures though... But still, level can beat purity, and that counts for a lot.
Senior Member / Intellectual Crusader

#19 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Crescens {lang:icon}

• Wings of Dreams
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 12 October 2003 - 07:16 PM

A lot of us F2P people play on the free servers because we don't have time to play often enough to pay for it. Yeah, the P2P people would probably own us completely because most of us are level 3 noobs. Keep in mind that people on the P2P servers generally play a lot more, and are thus definitely going to be at much higher levels, regardless.

NOTE: By level 3 noobs, that was in self-mockery of the fact that I only played the game once and never bothered to play again. It was not intended to flame anyone.
Cspace - "Eagles may soar but turkeys don't get sucked into jet engines" says:
I bow to the supreme wrath of Lord Crescens.

#20 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2003 - 07:48 PM

tie. p2p does have lvl 123's BUT how will they attack us in the wild? :O hehehehe.

#21 {lang:macro__useroffline}   obiwan22 {lang:icon}

• Oota goota Solo?
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:23 PM

The 123's would eliminate all the high lvl f2p's (lvl 70-110) and then us middle levels would kill ya. biglaugh.gif bluetongue.gif bluetongue.gif bluetongue.gif

#22 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (obiwan22 @ Oct 12 2003, 04:23 PM)
The 123's would eliminate all the high lvl f2p's (lvl 70-110) and then us middle levels would kill ya. biglaugh.gif bluetongue.gif bluetongue.gif bluetongue.gif

... I dont think so. With all the lvl 50 pkers, we would own. Plus are pure mages and rangers. Then we have some lvl 60 pkers. We would kill ya. It'll be like 10:1.

#23 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Traver {lang:icon}

• 88FHGGPLOSLABoSaS
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:41 AM

This completely depends on a lot of factors. Where will it be held? If no special servers were made, it HAVE to be on a free server, thus eliminating all advantages the members would've had (better potions, better arrows, dragon weapons and so forth), because members can't use them on free servers. So it would practically be f2p vs f2p, anyway. However, if JAGeX made some special server just for this occasion, I am pretty sure that p2p would win, considering they have Iban Blast, those three new spells, better potions, better arrows and better armour/weapons.

Also, for the part about f2p housing a lot of pures, that is true. However, a lot of these pures have a main which is p2p. So it will also depend on what character these people will choose (their pure or their main).

This post has been edited by Traver: 14 October 2003 - 12:10 PM

#24 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Spikeout {lang:icon}

• Tired
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 14 October 2003 - 08:24 PM

It will be held in an arena where everyone can attack each other grnwink.gif

#25 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 October 2003 - 08:53 PM

this would be a good idea, i think jagex should make a member world available to all but take all the fishing mining thieving etc stuff away and npc things and let f2p and p2p set out in a viscous battle with no food and once u die u r out of it! and its until there is no more p2p or f2p players left biglaugh.gif but only a max of 600f2p and 500p2p could take part say, because p2p obviously have an advantage.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users