Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_id' in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php on line 919

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_id' in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php on line 919

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php:919) in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php:919) in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 96

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php:919) in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 104

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php:919) in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/lib/lib_blogfunctions.php:919) in /homepages/7/d100472424/htdocs/forums/_catbird/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109
CurvedSpace Forums -> Certain Tragedy

CurvedSpace Forums: CurvedSpace Forums -> Certain Tragedy

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

MoldyRaven Icon : (07 November 2017 - 10:03 AM) Back again after 14 years! Good to see this still up.
X Zolon Icon : (22 October 2017 - 04:54 PM) Polo.
MA-53 Icon : (13 October 2017 - 09:42 PM) Marco
ticktockclok Icon : (08 October 2017 - 11:26 PM) Just thought of this place, and figured I would try to log in. I last posted 10 years ago. Hello to anyone out there - especially those from way back!
Res Icon : (06 October 2017 - 03:11 AM) As well as things can be, good to hear from you all :D!!! Much love all around.
X Zolon Icon : (05 October 2017 - 05:02 AM) Strange. I was thinking about it around the same time. Just didn't come back until now. Hope everyone is well.
Glammeress Icon : (16 July 2017 - 12:48 AM) Just thinking about this place, like out of nowhere. Hope everyone is well.
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 04:07 PM) Not bad. Just finishing up grad school. Which means I am looking for distractions from writing. :p
Phieta Icon : (09 July 2017 - 05:06 AM) Still flying, so to speak. How goes with you?
Rylkan Icon : (09 July 2017 - 02:42 AM) I am even more amazed someone replied to this in less than a few month timescale. Hi! How goes?
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM) He does log into GW every month or so to retain leadership, so that's something
Phieta Icon : (08 July 2017 - 09:42 PM) There are several of us! Several!
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:33 PM) I was actually hoping to get in touch with Cspace since its been forever. But it looks like our old leader is lost to the void.
Rylkan Icon : (08 July 2017 - 06:29 PM) In a moment of pure nostalgia, I remembered this site. Seeing any shouts from this year is insane.
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) i only JUST started playing FFVIII
asyluman Icon : (17 January 2017 - 02:45 AM) woah are people still here
Phieta Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM) Apparently I joined SeeD 14 years ago today.
Dragonman Icon : (10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM) Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven
x.. Icon : (13 July 2016 - 01:14 AM) idk. both of those are complicated questions.
Phieta Icon : (11 July 2016 - 07:55 AM) Who are you, and what have you done with Fluttershy?
Resize Shouts Area

Certain Tragedy

Posted by JGJTan  Icon, 06 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

So yeah... the left side of the Purple People-Eater is pretty much screwed.

It all happened last night when I was confused as to what I should do. I mean it's a Saturday night, and I haven't got any plans. What the hell. I mean, I had several options and people to persuade, but nothing definite. Then I finally sorted out two plans: One, to have pre-drinks at South's and then go to town, or two, to have pre-drinks at South's, then head off to a party with one of my new friends from Wednesday night Mhairi.

Instead, while hanging at South's with Cam and Souvik, we chose plan number three, which was to hang out (I had drinks though) and then rock up to John's.

With that in mind, we took our cars to John's. None of the others would let me drive despite only having had like a glass or two, so South drove my car. After a quick scrumpy stop at the supermarket, we got to John's... and that's where all hell broke loose.

I originally motioned for him to park on the side of the road, but I think he thought I meant go in so he drove down the horrible driveway... so once we got to the carpark, I asked him to turn the car around so I could leave without having to turn around.

Next thing you know, there's a huge CRRRRRKKK and the left side of the car is being reversed into a wall. Mmm... he drives forward, but then it just makes it worse, and there's a few failed attempts at reversing back in before the car gets stuck against the wall.

In the end, I swap places with South and after disembarking the S.S. Purple from the side of the wall, I manage to turn the car and back it into the park facing forwards... only to drive the back of the car into another, low fence.

Giving up, we go inside and party.

When I got home, I just went to sleep...

... and woke up this morning with a huge string of swear words with the realization of what just happened last night. Freaking out, I go outside to assess the damage, and holy crap it could not look worse. There's a huge dent in the left side of the car, with these wide scratch marks of missing paint across the two doors. Yeah, totally can't hide that at all.

So while dad was sleeping, I ended up telling mum about what happened. She just stayed quiet with a look of annoyance on her face, then asked me if dad knew, and when I said no, wondered why I didn't tell him last night when I got back. So we go outside, and she just stands there in amazement at how so much damage could have been done by a failed attempt to reverse into a park. Of course I didn't say that South did it.

Anyway, so for the rest of the afternoon when we all go out to lunch and then different places, me and mum are quiet, and I'm trying to figure out when the right moment to tell dad is. In the end after me and mum go out to buy a christmas tree (which was the worst tree I could have picked, since it was all crooked), she drops me off home and tells me to "face the music" before it gets dark... and to tell him when she's not around. She then heads off to church (wtf?) and then says she'll be praying for me.

So after me and dad failed at re-aligning the christmas tree from its crooked status, I broke the news to him and feared for my life...

And he was all good with it. Wtf? He was more proud of the fact that he'd predicted something bad had happened to the car. Apparently, when I went straight to bed when I got home and didn't do anything else, he'd suspected I'd done something to the car so he went out and checked. Luckily the left side of the car was in the darkness and the right was in the light, so he didn't see anything.

So yeah, pretty much dad was more pleased with the fact that he'd had a little premonition of the accident. He actually wasn't angry at all. Not one hint of anger, and he was genuinely happy. I told mum this when she asked when dad went out to get dinner, and she was shocked. We both agreed that we've got to keep an eye out on dad, because he's pretty much going senile.

I just dodged a pretty nasty bullet thanks to my dad's "psychic" abilities. How awesome is that?

Filed in - December 2009 -

3 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

Res Icon

09 December 2009 - 06:41 AM
Parents can be pretty cool like that sometimes. My dad was like that when someone shot out the back window of his truck when I was driving it. He was miffed, sure. But he was just glad I was okay.

Lol. Purple People Eater.

Glad you're still alive.

JGJTan Icon

09 December 2009 - 11:59 AM
Yeah my parents are still all good with it. My workmates couldn't believe it when I told them what happened, showed them the car, then told them of my parents' reactions.

But {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}... flying out of a vehicle is pretty freaking scary. I hope he wasn't too hurt.

And yes, my car is dubbed the Purple People Eater, because it's purple (well, people debate whether it's blue or purple... I like the latter just because it's a ridiculous colour) and it's a mobile party, therefore eats up people.

Thanks though Mikey, love you! <3

Res Icon

10 December 2009 - 03:28 AM
When I say someone shot out the window, I mean with a gun. Like. A bullet shattered the glass.
Silly.

Lu2huny
Page 1 of 1