Who's 'Cool' in School? Discrimination and Bullying in School

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bluestar {lang:icon}

• Leader of my PK Killing Clan
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

Who’s ‘Cool’ in School?
By: Styx © 2006
Discrimination and Bullying are growing problems that are affecting a lot of kids emotionally and physically. Discrimination and Bullying in schools should be banned or closely watched. “Nerds” or “Geeks” or “Weirdoes” just don't fit in and are just not ‘cool’ enough to have friends according to preps or popular kids. Popular Kids can include in some schools: The Rich Kids, The Jocks, and the kids that are good looking. Its just wrong. It needs to be stopped I mean in some schools kids have gotten so depressed over it they have committed suicide or taken up drugs! 20% of kids in a school are at the bottom of the “Popularity Scale” I base this on facts and personal experience. I AM in that 20%. I get teased and im just getting sick of it. I get in trouble for saying things to the preps and they don't get in trouble in anyway. Im just tired, i want this to stop. Sure having friends is good but discriminating is wrong and illegal. Please people stop bullying & discriminating we are all people you know. We all cant afford the ‘coolest’ clothes and the ‘In’ items like $200 shoes. My friends wear Converse shoes which are supposedly ‘Cool’ shoes and they get told that they aren’t ‘cool’ enough to wear those kind of shoes. Some people claim that we don’t want to be ‘cool’. That is the truth we don't want to be cool but we want discrimination to stop immediately. Some of the ‘Unpopular Kids’ are put on medication for depression because of this. Costing parents money that they cant afford to waste. That's practically stealing in a way and some preps can afford that but most of us “Unpopular” Kids cant. Please let this be a warning to all bullies and discriminators, You cant do this forever, in the real world, this is ILLEGAL. If you want to throw this in the trash that's fine with me just think about this.

Thanks For Reading

This Originally started as a language arts persuasive essay but it seemed like a waste not to share it feel free to post opinions

No Stealing this is probably the most smarterest thing ive wrote bluetongue.gif

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bluestar {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:00 PM

Anyone alive in this board?

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zziggywolf5 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:56 PM

(This board here doesn't get a lot of views, just so you know)

I kind of understand. I'm a nerd, but truely, I don't care what the 'cool' kids think. I'm in the high-end classes getting good grades, and they tend to fail the low-end classes.
When they pick on me, I just ignore them. They seem to have 10-second attention spans, so they lose interest and go away. If that doesn't work, I tell my parents or teachers that like me for some reason and listen to them scream at the jerk. hehehmn.gif

Yeah, they should be careful. If you threaten or beat up people later as an adult, you can have assault charges and lawsuits. Plus nerds tend to one day become bosses and employers. ShiftyEyes_anim.gif

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Jul 17 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I endorse stalking. :thumb:

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bluestar {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:27 AM

I know bluetongue.gif but look at this : www.jaredstory.com
its really sad i ignore them but it gets to some ppl and they commit suicide

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

It's a real shame that people refuse to treat each other as equals. Very saddening that someone considers themselves higher than someone else because they 'look better', or are stronger.

People who are vain and consider themselves to be better looking than others are the ugliest type of people out there. And the fact that so many of those people attend public school is another reason.

But there's no single place to lay blame. I'll explain, but look, I'll refer to them as "Popular kids" and "Unpopular kids". A wide sweeping generalization, I know.

Popular people may be vain and conceited, true. But unpopular people are just as wrong for not accepting them as much as possible, even with being treated unfairly. I swear, if people would follow the Golden Rule more often, the world would be a much better place. Because nobody WANTS to be treated like that.

The best thing I can imagine for people like bullies, is to hope they continue to act as such after they've become adults and hopefully get prosecuted for their acts. The only way to stop that step from happening, though, is for them to realize it's wrong to treat people that way.

Sad that they don't want to give a flaming flip otherwise, and contunie... nonono2.gif
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zandabyte {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

lol dont lisen to him he is populer at the chess club lol10.gif jk

so dose that mean that im not cool bluestar?

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bluestar {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

No it just means that kids should be treated as equals

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:33 PM

Yeah. The case should be one person looks at anotther and says "We're equals, regardless of how you look or how smart I am, we're both human beings and should treat each other with kindness and respect."
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bluestar {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

Bumpeth

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Joseph {lang:icon}

• Originally Joined - July 2004
  • Icon

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(Styx @ Jun 1 2006, 11:00 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Anyone alive in this board?

No.

Anyway, it's a real shame with people make fun of others when they do not deserve it. I mean, I rarely make fun of people. Only when they are completely asking for it do I ever do it. Or sometimes when that person is a jerk and deserves it. Lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users