• {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Special Squads

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:47 AM

I think we should start forming squadrens of 3 for when RS2 comes out. Get a ranger, a mage, and a knight to form a squad. These squads would be effective killing machines in multizone. In a war, the squad leader would select a single target. All three squad members would focus on that single enemy before moving onto the next target. This is better than having no focus at all or having much larger numbers overkilling a single enemy.

An example of a squad would be me (knight), Sajones (mage), and Sh1Zza (ranger). We are all at high levels, 79, 75 (he's got 77 mage), and 80 respectively. We would be very effective at killing if we worked together, and we are on a lot.

We should try it out in a mock war sometime, and see if we should use this squad system.

Fire
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:57 AM

This is a cool idea but the problem is that there are not that many rangers or mages. Mainly because it costs more to become a ranger or mage and ranging and maging is limited. You can attack someone a million times with a sword, but runes/arrows run out. The idea is great, but there would probably be very few squadrons, let alone them all being on at the same time. Unless they plan it....

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   obiwan22 {lang:icon}

• Oota goota Solo?
  • Icon

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:01 AM

I like this idea, but I agree with Vietpryde. Perhaps we could have an arrow/rune reserve that holds large amount of runes and arrows that could be passed out during times of war or war games.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:17 AM

Yes, some steps must be taken to assure we have enough ammo. A SeeD weapon's depot maybe? With fletching and runecrafting, hopefully we won't run into an ammo crisis, but it is a serious possibility that must be solved before it becomes a big problem.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:53 AM

Well once runecrafting comes out we can work on the rune supply that way. Even now it's quite easy to get a large amount of bronze arrows, we just need to get both f2p and p2p people to collect logs, feathers and bronze bars, then get the members to fletch them up. A supply of higher level arrows might also be a good idea, in case missions need to be taken on in members. I think squads could work well. It'd have to be a bit flexible, might be good to let the mages and archers fall back on combat if need be. I'd volunteer for any of the three jobs if this was added, even though I'd probably be most effective as a fighter.

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:45 AM

I just got the greatest idea from playing FFTA. If we make squads, we could practice combat in peacetime by having squad "turf" that different squads compete for. If you've played tactics, you know where I'm comming from. I'll divide up the runescape map and post rules for conquest later. Perhaps a poll to see if its a good idea, too.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 22 March 2004 - 06:07 AM

Hmm... Might work. I never read heavily into CoaL, but wasn't it slightly similar to this?

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   superchao {lang:icon}

• Those horns aren't just decoration.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

If we did have these "squads" then i would know immediately who to choose.
Ranging i wouldn't really recommend, because it's not easy to penetrate magers even with mithril arrows, as i tried this before.

Magers are obviously good for entangle/god spells/iban, and a good warrior for whacking them when they are vunerable :- stuck.
- Want to ask me a question?

Send me a message. I won't bite. Much.

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Stargate3216 {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

It's a good idea, but would work very well unless there were rune and arrow resuppliers.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Danny Wells {lang:icon}

• ^Currently reading^
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:36 PM

This post is long dead... Do us all a favour and stop spamming.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users