New Seed Command Structure

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:23 PM

New SeeD Command Structure:
Read all of Alpha Tactics before commenting.

I would like to propose a newer, stronger organizational system than the current garden system we have in place. I’d like to avoid spreading ourselves too thin and placing just about everyone in a leadership position as we practically are now. Under this new system, we will select one general to begin with. This will be the Mars General. Next we will have new squad leaders, one for each combat type. One person will lead Soldiers, one will lead Rangers, and another will lead the Mages. From then on we will fill in the “private” slots with people best suited for each combat type. After these fill up enough (hopefully they will), a second general will be selected and the process will begin again for the Saturn Army. A squad should be considered full when there are 10 members, and no more should be emitted. When a member becomes inactive (2 months off Runescape), he or she will be placed on the reserve list, and another member may take his or her slot. This will prevent inactivity problems (as we have with our current garden system) and will improve organization if the Alpha Tactics are employed.

Remember, this is not official yet, and there is the chance that it never will be. I’m just offering a detailed solution to our problems with the current garden system.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Combat Ranks

Command Leader – Cspace (Combat Level Here)

Mars General – (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)

(Unit Name) Captain (Soldiers)- (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)
- (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)
(Unit Name) Captain (Rangers)- (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)
(Unit Name) Captain (Mages)- (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)

Saturn General – (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)

Pluto General – (Name Here) (Combat Level Here)

Supply Ranks

Head Supply Coordinator - (Name Here)

Supply Depot (Foodstuff) Lieutenant - (Name Here)
- (Name Here)
- (Name Here)
- (Name Here)

Armory (Armor, Pots, and Weapons) Lieutenant - (Name Here)
- (Name Here)
- (Name Here)
- (Name Here)

Ammo Dump (Arrows and Runes) Lieutenant - (Name Here)
- (Name Here)
- (Name Here)
- (Name Here)

Obviously we need someone who coordinate the logistics. Everyone on here may also have a combat rank, however, no person should have a leadership role in both aspects. These people will go out and secure the appropriate items for their inventories. Supply Depot members need high fishing and cooking, and should stock up on cooked lobsters. Armory members should have high mining and smithing, and high herblore is encouraged for at least one member. Ammo dump members need high fletching and runecrafting. All members of logistics teams must always have ample supplies on hand (during wartime, you don’t need to bother stocking up during times of peace) and be willing to sacrifice them for the good of the clan. Also, several members from each section should act as suppliers during combat times. Ammo Dump will also take care of the Respawn Ring. Their respective leaders will be responsible to the generals, and should give their best effort to organizing their unit to best suit the needs given in the outline of the Alpha Tactics.

I have put a great deal of time and effort into improving our wartime prowess as a great clan. I highly recommend usage of this system. It works very well in theory, and I’d like to test it out sometime. I do not wish to take sole credit. I would love to have as much of the clan’s input into this matter as possible. Any comments, good or bad, would be very appreciated.

Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

Well, the only problem with this system that I can see (although quite large) is that we will have many more melee fighters than any other combat type. I say scrap the combat-type system, and just break people up according to combat level. Individual platoons can divide according to the captain. TheSmile.gif

I read Alpha's tactics late last night, so I had no time to comment. As soon as I have a large block of time, I will do so. TheSmile.gif
Sam's gay

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:59 PM

only problem i see is that we so rarely go to war, and nobody is active in gardens as it is. i guess you're trying to get people active in gardens again by expressing change, which i embrace and i do support this. but i just don't think it would work because 99 percent of our events are held in clan form because there aren't enough active people to start up garden events.
<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:04 AM

>.< No offense but I like the SeeD setup (actual game).

-SeeD
---Garden
-----Headmaster
-----Squads
-------SeeDs

Squads are groups of threes and one of the three is the captain. So that could work with your mage/range/soldier combination.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:35 AM

I've been concerned with too many soldier types from the start. It will be difficult, but we must encourage our members to strengthen their range and mage skills. That is key to making this system work well. I seem to have made no comment on the matter, so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Also this has nothing to do with reviving gardens. I'm suggesting we replace them with this. Gardens mean very little these days. From the moment I got here, I've always disliked our garden system. That is why I'm trying to do away with it.

Viet, I have taken extreme offense to that horrible comment you just made. (bluetongue.gif Like I ever would...) The squad thing I suggested awhile ago (should be somewhere in seed inn) didn't gather much noticable support. That is why I'm trying to push this forward. Ganging up on individual units and anihalating them one at a time works more efficiently that the other tactic, though the other one does occupie the attention of more enemy troops. It really depends on the foe you are fighting.

I just realized how much I've written, and havedecided that I'm gonna be a writer when I grow up. I think...
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   MA-53 {lang:icon}

• For Sproogle
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:41 AM

Well, Alpha, I think that if we encorperate viet's idea into yours, we will be very successful.

you have:

supreme dude: take a guess...

mars general
-captain
--squad leader
---ranger
---mage
---melee
--squad leader
---ranger
---mage
---melee
etc.

Saturn general
same stuff

supply people.

yeah, and then you could implicate my strategy (posted in tactics forum, but i'm just gonna make a new topic with complete strategy) and you would have a very successful fighting force.

Congrats for you wonderful idea, and I'm behind you full, gardens aren't very active... Although, it would kind of ruin "seeD" cuz it wouldn't follow it's name.
^I don't mean to say that that idea is better.

EDIT: I have posted a new topic entitled "squads pods and generals" under tactics discussion, you can veiw my entire suggestion there.

This post has been edited by mase windu: 18 May 2004 - 12:52 AM

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:48 AM

I don't even like the general names... They defy what SeeD is... they support curvedspace but not SeeD....

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:32 AM

After reading both Alpha Tactics and this, I would say you have spent a great deal of time and thought on this. And it payed off. If there are any faults with this, I cant find them.

But I would like to add one thing. There should be a special squad incase we dont get there first, a paratroop squad I call it. I will post in tactics when I get the time and just elaborate on it.

But overall, the 2 posts you made about wartime and clan structure are top notch. Well done.
Posted Image

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Danny Wells {lang:icon}

• ^Currently reading^
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:59 AM

I think that's an excellent idea, but as said before, SeeD never have any wars. I wish we had more wars, they are so amusing sad.gif

This post has been edited by Danny Wells: 18 May 2004 - 05:59 AM

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:35 AM

Another thing about this is the fact that it's pretty much 100% based on combat levels and fighting. Remember, our clan promotes peace throughout Runescape, not war.
Senior Member / Intellectual Crusader

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:28 PM

I can't remember how those planet names got there. Oh well, this is obviouly subject to change. Squads can always be mixed and matched depending on sircumstances. As for leftyy's paratroopers, I really see no need for them. Just find an alternate location and force them to come to us. If for some reason we can't do this, we should be prepared for an offensive manuever. I'll get to work on one.

SeeD is a clan that promotes peace. This is true, but if we ever decide to go to war, we will be ready. One thing about runescape is that a clan can declare war on another clan, and nothing could come of it unless they decide to meet in the wilderness. We can easily avoid war, but war is fun. I think SeeD should partake in more wars. I'm not forcing people to subscribe to this, I'd just like to participate in a few.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   vietpryde {lang:icon}

• Inactive
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

We may promote peace but there is a clan which hates us. Most of them don't even know why they're fighting against SeeD.

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   MA-53 {lang:icon}

• For Sproogle
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (vietbreaker @ May 18 2004, 03:32 PM)
We may promote peace but there is a clan which hates us. Most of them don't even know why they're fighting against SeeD.

well said viet

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:04 AM

Viet must have been dreaming while writing his posts.... hehe.

I'm all for you Alpha. I always thought the whole garden idea was crap, no offense to its creator. There's about 20-30 of them, don't wanna go back to look. About 2 of them are remotely active, EBK and Steel Dragon Army. I'm against splitting us into groups in the first place, but at least Alpha's idea is better....
And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:55 AM

Well, there is no way we could win anything without organization (though Ryl, Alpha, Obi, Goto, Star, me, etc.. will go on a ranpage [<---mockery of Star] bluetongue.gif). So many people, just flooding? Not going to work.
Sam's gay

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users