CurvedSpace Forums: Another Brief Update - Some Screens Of Objects - CurvedSpace Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Another Brief Update - Some Screens Of Objects (still very early)

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:13 PM

If you have not seen the other update (pinned in this forum), I'd recommend that you check that out before seeing this because it shows more of how the game will appear. These are purely to show our developmental work and are not intended to show much of the appearance of anything in terms of how we plan for it to appear. These objects, currently lacking texture, are some basic examples of objects that we plan to include. We will revamp the objects (not as angular) at a later date, but from these you can see that we're still working on the project at least. TheSmile.gif

We have more objects, but we feel that these are the most appropriate to release at this moment. Expect more to be posted at a later date. grnwink.gif

Corrorian Starfighter:
user posted image

A Certain Longsword (no current name):
user posted image

A Plane (not likely to be in DStorm but possibly something else that we are doing):
user posted image

A Random Castle:
user posted image
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:29 AM

First of all. Starfighter?
Isn't this the time of witches and warlocks?
Second, those are awesome.
HI! I'M BACK SPORADICALLY! Nobody probably remembers me :(

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   X Zolon {lang:icon}

• Come on in heeeeeere....
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:20 AM

This is the time of collisions of different timeperiods. Read into it a little.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Garunda Te @ May 22 2004, 09:29 PM)

DarkStorm is a combination of many different worlds and time periods into one realm. Something happens causing a dimensional rift (which will become known later from quests and the Great Library) pulling various pieces of many worlds into one. For example, Zolandor is set in a village just after agriculture is implemented, Aderon is a medieval city, Frionia and Shral Valeron are not of our world, and the Corrorian Empire is from the future. There will be many more time periods and worlds which will be known later (who knows what is over the sea...), and by that time the plot should make more sense.

Just for everyone's reference, technology isn't necessarily superior to magic and whatnot. grnwink.gif
Posted Image

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Grand one {lang:icon}

• meep meep
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:00 PM

So there isnt really a tech-level? So its a bit like final fantasy games in that sense with swords mixed with guns? I like that you can get the best of both worlds.
What graphics program are you using milkshape 3D? or something else?

Nice to see progress is being made, have you found a more appropriate engine yet?
Keep it up thumb.gif
Sub commander of falador knights

4 SeeD emblems yay!!

My medals:
IPB Image
Dragon knight

<TABLE>
<TR>
<td style="filter:dropshadow(color=black, strength=1)"><font color=white><marquee style="color: FFFFFFF" scrollamount=1 width=351 height=80 direction=up><center>
<B>DarkStorm Character Information</B>

Character Name: Saric
Class: Wizard
Race: Halfling
Hometown: Aderon <br>

<B>Character Stats:</B>
Total Stat Points: 26 (5 added by item)
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 15 (10 without bonus for staff)
Hit Points: 10

<B>Items:</B>
Staff of Saric:
Saric has owned this halfling made staff since he first trained to be a wizard, it has great sentimental value as well as magical worth.
Affects: +5 to intelligence<br>

Optional: Saric has been adventuring for many years now, he was originally a village mage but changed his course to adventuring after 2 years of this.<br>
<font></td></tr></table></center></marquee><p?

IPB Image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:57 AM

So there isnt really a tech-level? So its a bit like final fantasy games in that sense with swords mixed with guns? I like that you can get the best of both worlds.

Well, what we are thinking right now is to allow everyone to have a certain low experience with technology (like a Wizard will be able to equip a G-Field Generator but cannot use a gun), however only those of Corrorian origin (or that of another high tech group) can really use technology. This way there are two defined groups with their own sub-groups, in a way, therefore having a larger contrast instead of blending everything together. After all, it would be a little weird to have a Wizard conjure a bolt of lightning while shooting someone with an ion rifle. biglaugh.gif

What graphics program are you using milkshape 3D? or something else?

For these we are using Milkshape, however for other sequences we plan to use Lightwave.

Nice to see progress is being made, have you found a more appropriate engine yet?

We're going to make our own, I was just using the one from the shooter to show pieces of the world. grnwink.gif
Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Cspace @ May 23 2004, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (Garunda Te @ May 22 2004, 09:29 PM)

DarkStorm is a combination of many different worlds and time periods into one realm. Something happens causing a dimensional rift (which will become known later from quests and the Great Library) pulling various pieces of many worlds into one. For example, Zolandor is set in a village just after agriculture is implemented, Aderon is a medieval city, Frionia and Shral Valeron are not of our world, and the Corrorian Empire is from the future. There will be many more time periods and worlds which will be known later (who knows what is over the sea...), and by that time the plot should make more sense.

Just for everyone's reference, technology isn't necessarily superior to magic and whatnot. grnwink.gif

I see.
Very wierd.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bashae {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:03 PM

DS may have a bit of acivity problems because by 2008, many games will be out such as Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Everquest (probably 2 or 3 expansions) and many others that haven't even come into existance yet.

While I'm on the topic of DS, *blares foghorn at Cspace* update the Sign-Up list thumb.gif .

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   yeah man {lang:icon}

• "In this world, only the strongest survive."
  • Icon

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:14 AM

Very Nice Cspace!!!
<center>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<td style="filter:dropshadow(color=black, strength=1)"><font color=white><marquee style="color: FFFFFFF" scrollamount=1 width=351 height=80 direction=up><center>
Money: 1240 UniCreds
Items for Use: 3 boom stones, 3 runes of blasting, 47 Vesuul, 1 bricken, 1 Mythrite Pick, 1 skyrite pick, One Class 1 Energy Field Generator, 1 Ruby
Mining Level: 5 (1600 EXP)
Smithing Level: 1
Total Posts:3681
Total Stat Points: 83
Strength: 1 = 0 stat point used
Intelligence: 35= 19 stat points used + Staff + Race power bonus
Hit Points: 2220 Hp= 74 stat points used
EP Reduction: 35 X 15 =-525 EP
DP UP : + 2

Banana Boy- Familiar
Alignment: Light
Xanthor Drathos - Sorceror
Class info:
Sorcerer: Like wizards, but bound to darkness. Sorcerers practice spells of destruction and darkness. Like wizards, they are physically weak, though can do massive damage if given the chance to cast a spell.
- Intelligence Effect (per point): Decreases EP consumption of abilities by 15
- Strength Effect (per point): Normal attack DP + 2
Hometown: Shral Valeron
Race: Dark Elves: Diverging into the path of Darkness at an undetermined date during the Second Age, Dark Elves have become one of the few true evil races in Earthia. They consider Undead to be below them, and scowl at all races and classes not allied with Darkness. While they are not known to hide in the shadows like other Dark races, they are probably one of the most capable of directly harnessing the dark powers of the world to do their bidding.
- For Dark classes: Intelligence + 10; At a post count of 4000, Intelligence + 20 instead

Me Spells
Sorcerer:

- Dark Grip (0): EC=5; DP=4: Surrounds the target with a dark mist, doing minor damage.

- Choke (0): EC=7; DP=5: The Sorcerer holds out his/her hand and chokes the target, doing minor damage.

- Stun Target (0): EC=7; DP=0; Effect = Stun: Target cannot take any actions or move: Prevents target from taking any actions for 20 seconds. Will not take away the target's next turn in battle.

- Blast of Darkness (150): EC=50; DP=35: A conjured wave of darkness slams the target.

- Dimensional Ripple (200): EC=70; DP= 40; Effect = Stun: Target cannot take any actions or move: Attack spell that also stuns the target for 20 seconds. Will not take away the target's next turn in battle.

- DarkForce (300): EC=120; DP=75: Darkness crushes the target from all directions.

- Levitate (350): EC=200; Effect = Levitate: Prevents damage from ground based attacks as long as the target (anyone) is in the region.

- Suffocate (450): EC=200; DP=50 Each Turn For Following 3 Turns: The air is removed around the target, suffocating him/her. Does minor damage for three turns (along with additional attacks for the following two).

- Ground Shock (600): EC=250; DP=110: Will not affect levitated targets

- Dimensional Wave (800): EC=400; DP=160: The dimension is warped around the target, causing a large amount of damage.

- Evil Cyclone (1200): EC=500; DP=180: A temporary portal to the dark world opens, consuming the target in a cyclone of shadows, ultimately crushing him/her.

- Death's Warning (1200): EC=100; DP=0: Will cause great fear to the target and cause him/her to leave the location and go back into the general region. Will not affect Wizards.

-> Storm of Darkness (1500): EC=750; DP=260: The powers of the ancient sorcerer are summoned, showering the target in flames and consuming him/her in darkness.

- Summon Familiar (2000): EC=500; Effect = Summon a Familiar to travel/ Can do anything except attack or use abilities: Allows you to summon a familiar and send it to other areas. It cannot attack and will come back to you if attacked.

-> Dimensional Crack (2000): EC=1000; DP=400: A local form of Dimensional Storm targeting one character. The target temporarily experiences the effects of being caught between dimensions in this destructive spell.

- Destroy Light (2500): EC=2000; DP=HP of the summoned target (if the summoner is below your post count): Will defeat any summoned being of light which is under the control of someone of a lesser post count.

- Summoning of Destruction (3000): EC=2300; DP=750: The Sorcerer uses the powers of the ancients to conjure a local cataclysm.

- Dark Gate (3200): EC=800; DP=0: Will send a friendly target back to his/her hometown as an evacuation.
<font></td></tr></table></center></marquee></center>

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bespetna {lang:icon}

• JOIN THE PARY I CAN PROVIDE THE ARMY
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:02 AM

oooooooow shiny sord

^^PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG ASAP!

Visit Bespetna.com you will find a lot of cool things waiting for you there

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Grand one {lang:icon}

• meep meep
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

Hey Cspace have you read designing virtual worlds by Richard A. Bartle? Its a really great read for people wanting to make MORPG's It talks about what problems happen when people make MORPG's and how to avoid em.
Im nearly through with it and im sure its going to help when/if i start my sprite MORPG (hopefully after my exams TheSmile.gif ) thumb.gif
Sub commander of falador knights

4 SeeD emblems yay!!

My medals:
IPB Image
Dragon knight

<TABLE>
<TR>

Character Name: Saric
Class: Wizard
Race: Halfling
Hometown: Aderon <br>

Total Stat Points: 26 (5 added by item)
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 15 (10 without bonus for staff)
Hit Points: 10

<B>Items:</B>
Staff of Saric:
Saric has owned this halfling made staff since he first trained to be a wizard, it has great sentimental value as well as magical worth.
Affects: +5 to intelligence<br>

Optional: Saric has been adventuring for many years now, he was originally a village mage but changed his course to adventuring after 2 years of this.<br>
<font></td></tr></table></center></marquee><p?

IPB Image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   P H U O N G {lang:icon}

• ± » Moderator For Signature Center » ±
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:43 PM

woha....Nice Cspace ! It's better then my signature bluetongue.gif *WINK*WINK*

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:41 AM

Wait. Phantasy...Star...surging...to thoughts!... Swords...fighting guns!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users