• {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

The Seed Economy

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:08 AM

I've always found that making money in runescape has been rather difficult if done by ones's self, yet suprisingly easy when working together. You may profet less than you would doing it individually, but there is significantly less work involved. I'm currently using a system of fletching with 3 people, and in IS working very well. The profits are big, the work is easy, and significantly shortened, and it takes little time to complete. Everyone gets paid very well, and no one misses out.

I'd like to take my idea up a notch, and use more of our clan to help everyone make money. Killer had an interesting idea on how mass amounts of money could be made by many people. Unlike my idea, this one also allows for mass amounts of experience to be gained by just about everyone involved. I'd like to introduce my newest suggestion to better SeeD: an economy!

The SeeD Economy (SE):

Our economy will run off of the fletching, magic, runecrafting, woodcutting, and crafting skills. There are three starting points involving these skills, the wood division, the craft division, and the mage division. In the wood division, cutters start the process by chopping down 500 yew logs. There will be two of them, each paid 100k. Together, they will then give the logs to the cutters (More will be explained on the cutters shortly.). The craft division will start by having 2 people pcik and spin flax into bowstring, both making 500 each. They, having the easiest job, get paid 50k each. They then give their bowstring to the fletcher. The beginning of the third, Mage division, consists of 2 more people making nature runes from rune essencs. They get paid 100k each, and make 500 runes a piece. They then hand over the runes to the mage (more soon). The fletcher is responsible for cutting the logs and stringing them. There should also be 2 of these, each handling 500 logs at a time. Both should be paid with 100k. After they finish the yew longs, they give them over to the mage. The mage then casts high alchemy on every single yew longbow. The mage will then make a 100k profit. Once the mage successfully makes the 800k+ money, they go back and pay everyone for their work. Whatever money is left over goes into company stock.

Flaxer: 50k, 500 bowstrings, 2 people
Cutter: 100k, 500 yew logs, 2 people
Fletcher: 100k, 500 yew longbows, 2 people
Crafter: 100k, 500 Nature Runes, 2 People
Mage: 100k, 800k + Profits, 1 Person
Company Stock: Profits

The company stock will keep collecting money for company drop parties with lots of good items in it. Basically, every time we complete on cycle, we make 800k for our employees and some more money is left over at the end. I hold onto it, but keep track of how much is company stock. When I determine that I have enough for a decent drop party, I'll throw one that everyone can attend. Thatway, SE benefits you in multiple ways. It's not just a tedius job for simple pay, but a career that makes you money, gives you experience, has great reward potential, and throws cool parties.

With 9 people working together, we can quickly and efficiently make a great deal of money. It costs no money to get started, and if everyone participates, we can have an effective system at making money. If more and more people come into SeeD, we can always incorporate them into an even larger SE. The only problems I see are people not finishing their jobs on time or not being able to show up. A lot of trading is going on, and there are several flaws in this system. I'm interested in what everyone has to say on the matter, and whether or not this sytem can work. This is all subject to change after debate. I'd like to see this idea take shape, but only if we are sure it will work. I'm going to do some more research on the matter, but for now, discuss this new system and work out its flaws.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Danny Wells {lang:icon}

• ^Currently reading^
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:56 AM

I think you have forgotten something here, what about us non-members?

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

non members can do something non membery, like 2 miners, one coal one iron, a smither and mage and stuff.

i see no flaw in it, and i would like to help maybe because im doing fletching now (going for 70) and even woodcut (going for 70)

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:27 PM

Non members can cut yew logs. Killer does, and he's not a member. You can also collect rune essences for the runecrafter, but nonmembers cannot make nature runes. We could split that job up and have 4 people, 2 mining essence, 2 making runes. I'll post level requirements soon.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:37 PM

Well, Wibb1e and/or Traver I'm sure would love to be the fletchers. They could also chop with me if they wanted.

There aren't too many people who can craft natures, so once Muler gets there, he'll be thrusted into the duty (he won't mind grnwink.gif).

Everyone would want to alch, since it is by far the easiest job. They could get paid a little bit less money than the rest. bluetongue.gif

'side from that, w00t. My idea was made better biglaugh.gif
Sam's gay

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

Your right, high alching is too easy for that payrate, and magic is a skill that many want to level up. I'll cut the pay in half for that, putting it at a still respectable 50k. More money for the drop parties then. I am currently working on my woodcutting and fletching. I should be in the 60's for fletching by the end of next week. Obviousy, my woodcutting will also rise to 70 or more by that time. By then end of June, I want to be level 80 in woodcutting and 75 in Fletching. I'll probably start with the chopping, then maybe go into the fletching. Muler cannot do the nats by himslef, so we should find another runecrafter (I'm still 2...).
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Star Jedi {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

Wow, this is an awesome idea! If everyone pitched in a bit of time, then who knows how much money would be made eek4.gif All it takes is a bit of teamwork.

Great Idea! thumb.gif

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:45 PM

So, want to start signups now?

Killerconvic - Head o' the Choppy Division
Sam's gay

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:06 PM

For now I'll take on the mage duty. I guess its official.

Mage: Alpha Weapon
Chopper #1: Killerconvic
Chopper #2:
Fletcher #1:
Fletcher #2:
Flaxer #1:
Flaxer #2:
Runecrafter #1:
Runecrafter #2:
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

Could I be an essence miner? I'm f2p, and the only thing up there that is possible for me is woodcutting, but I'm nowhere near that level. I want to contribute though, so could I mine essence?
And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:33 PM

Sure, that will be great. You don't have to start on it now, since we need for all of the jobs to be filled first, before worrying on things like "numbers". TheSmile.gif
Sam's gay

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:55 PM

Great idea. Glad to see some teamwork not only in SeeD, but in RuneScape!

Can I be a flaxer? I'm not high enough level to do the other stuff (I'm working on my magic, but there's only one mage...)
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Star Jedi {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

Lol, I could also be a flaxer biglaugh.gif

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Killerconvic {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:21 PM

Mage: Alpha Weapon
Chopper #1: Killerconvic
Chopper #2: Beavis545
Fletcher #1:
Fletcher #2:
Flaxer #1: Phieta
Flaxer #2: Star Jedi
Runecraft Miner #1: Ticktockclok
Runecrafter #2: Muler

You (S-mods, nyaa) need to update this list, since Alpha is never on anymore bluetongue.gif
Sam's gay

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

So will one person be mining the essence while the other makes it. I'll contact Muler, then, and see if he'd like to have this job. We also need another chopper and two more fletchers. I'll contact Wibb1e and Traver and see what they'll do.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users