• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Friendlyfire

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   LordDragoonX {lang:icon}

• True Blue
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:29 PM

I couldent post this suggestion on the Runescape forums since i am not a member so i decided to post it here.

Jagex should really add a feature for non members and members called friendlyfire. They will add the button on and off so whenever you want it on you turn it on whenever you want if off you turn it off. So if you decide to go pking with friends as a group and they are all on your friend list and dont want to attack them by accident you turn the friendlyfire on so when you try to attack your friend it will say something like you can not attack your friend or ally. It can be usefull to a lot of people who experience a short period of lag when they are in the wilderness in a large group. For example just yesterday me and some of my friends went pking in the wildy. We came up on another pking group and we started to fight. Everybody got a huge period of major lag. When i clicked on the ennemy for some reason after the lag i started attacking my friend which got me a skull over my head which later on leaded to my death inwhich i lost a rune 2h. But thats not the problem if we had this friendlyfire feature thing i would have never attacked my friend. So what you guys think? Good suggestion? Bad suggestion or just a waste of time reading this and for jagex programing it?
user posted image

We march... We march to war... We march... We fight... We are Spartans. Blood will fall, but it will not be ours... We march... Sparta is war reborn... we are the children of war... We are Spartans.
I am Leonidas, and this is my story. I have met the wolf, felt its bite, and I have survived. These new wolves are neverending, but Sparta will show true might. Though we fall, still we will come for we are war incarnate. I have started this, and so must I finish it. Xerxes shall die, this I, Leonidas, warlord of Sparta, do say. This is the story of the 300... the story of Spartan heroism. Though we bled the ground red at Thermopolyae, still we live on.
War is Sparta, We are Spartans. We are War!

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Master Of Stuff {lang:icon}

• Despair with a side of butter
  • Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:34 PM

It's interesting... and yeah, if you have your friends on a list then why should you attack them? That would be good to only fight your friends in duels If you wanted to fight in the first place...

But, the question is: Is it worth Jagex's time to do that. IMO, not now... but it would mainly depend on people's opinions about it. Makes sense? Yeah definately... Worth it? Dunno.

*curious about other opinions*

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Unrealblight {lang:icon}

• Ich möchte Sie allen töten <3
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Master Of Stuff @ Jun 26 2004, 09:34 AM)
It's interesting... and yeah, if you have your friends on a list then why should you attack them?

most people put there emenmy there so they can track them down its used by a few mersinaries

MoS: Very good point... but that's why LordD said it could toggle... because, you're right, not everyone uses it for just friends.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Danny Wells {lang:icon}

• ^Currently reading^
  • Icon

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:58 PM

That's a really good idea thumb.gif I thought about something like that the other day, when I attacked a friend of mine in the wild by a mistake(I could have lost all my rune stuff!). So I think this idea is really good. Maybe you should send a query of some sort. There is a certain chance that they might actually read it.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jarik C-Bol {lang:icon}

• Blue. The one true color.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:12 PM

I think that this is a great idea! we should realy send this to jagex. it'd be easy for them to do, and if it was so you could togle on and off, there's no reason for them not to!

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Amateur123 {lang:icon}

• At least I'm not a newbie anymore... ;)
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

i think its a good idea including the other people's suggestions, but i think that jagex should add this in when they only have less important stuff to do.

the odd thing is why would u name it friendly fire? I thought that meant like you attack ur friends but like its in a jokingly manner and not serious and not worth anything...or maybe my brain's just messed up.. bluetongue.gif
Trying to stay alive in this community and in Runescape...

F2P is the way I flow.

800+ skill total... Yay.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   LordDragoonX {lang:icon}

• True Blue
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:44 AM

I dont know what to name it so i just named it friendlyfire because thats what they name it in shooting games like counter strike. If somebody who is a member and gets the time can he post this on the Runescape forums or email it to Jagex because they only listen to people who pay them.
user posted image

We march... We march to war... We march... We fight... We are Spartans. Blood will fall, but it will not be ours... We march... Sparta is war reborn... we are the children of war... We are Spartans.
I am Leonidas, and this is my story. I have met the wolf, felt its bite, and I have survived. These new wolves are neverending, but Sparta will show true might. Though we fall, still we will come for we are war incarnate. I have started this, and so must I finish it. Xerxes shall die, this I, Leonidas, warlord of Sparta, do say. This is the story of the 300... the story of Spartan heroism. Though we bled the ground red at Thermopolyae, still we live on.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

People would add pkers names to their list and put on friendly fire so they wouldn't be attacked. But then again, that wouldn't happen if it only worked 1 way...
HI! I'M BACK SPORADICALLY! Nobody probably remembers me :(

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   LordDragoonX {lang:icon}

• True Blue
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

Thats not how it works. If you add a pker on your list and turn on friendly fire you wouldent be able to attack him but he would be able. Unless he adds you to and turns on friendlyfire.

This post has been edited by LordDragoonX: 27 June 2004 - 07:08 PM

user posted image

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:34 PM

OIC.
HI! I'M BACK SPORADICALLY! Nobody probably remembers me :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users