CurvedSpace Forums: Seed Is Expanding - How To Create A Faction - CurvedSpace Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Seed Is Expanding - How To Create A Faction

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Post icon  Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:43 PM

This is a pre-update notice explaining how we can get this going right now. Unlike previous posts, as of this thread everyone is capable of expanding SeeD elsewhere. What do I mean by "expand"? As has been discussed and agreed upon for well over a year, SeeD is going to be going into other games along with Runescape. This may be a long post, but bear with me here. grnwink.gif

Note: You can skim some of these sections, I divided it up into different sections so you know what is most important for you. The FAQ's, for example, make up a large section which can be quickly skimmed.

Why would we expand anyway? An explanation isn't really necessary anymore since it has basically been agreed upon by all, but here is the basic outline:

- Old friends who left Runescape can return to the community.

- SeeDs who lose interest in Runescape can remain active in SeeD.

- The community's activity will benefit, which in turn will benefit the clan in all games by spreading the word (including our presence in Runescape of course).

- The possibilities for events will greatly increase.

- Almost everyone can have an opportunity for leadership.

- Will provide more CurvedSpace/SeeD possibilities.

... So what is in this for you, the leader of one of SeeD's factions (for now the name instead of "SeeD groups"; no negative connotation here bluetongue.gif )?

You will basically be leading your own guild, but under SeeD's banner. There will be guidelines, they will be basic however (like no cheating). You will be able to do anything with your faction as the leader, including the management of members, hierarchy, jobs, events, and even purpose (for example if you'd like to lead a PK clan, you can).

That is for many reasons. Instead, you will have a forum here which will be expanded for your various achievements. This will provide you with a bit of publicity, link your faction to everything we're doing including events (increasing your faction's internal popularity in some circumstances), and more. At first the effects will not be noticable, but if all faction leaders take their part, in time all factions should be bustling with activity. This is only possible if they are linked in this manner (can be considered by some, eventually, as a free ticket to leadership over a large guild), while they can function independently they must still have their roots here for this to work.

Your faction, again, is pretty much entirely under the control of the faction leader(s). Other general SeeD leaders (which will be established soon) can make changes if necessary... But will be completely hands-off unless necessary. We will not touch your faction's organization unless something iffy is going on. We will be about as hands-off as we are with events currently. Guidelines and whatnot can be updated, but the physical alteration of a faction will never happen unless necessary.

Now for the fun part. Faction names and forums. bluetongue.gif

Faction Names:
Obviously some games with clan support will not permit "SeeD" as a name. In other games such as Final Fantasy XI anything relating to SeeD will be obviously out of context and may cause issues. For these reasons, we have some set names for you to use. You must use an official name for continuity's sake, but I'll try to provide a lot from which to choose (more will be added later).

- SeeD (obviously) bluetongue.gif
- Any Garden name on the member list.
- Legion of Aderon
- Knights of Valronia
- Shral Valeron
- The Corrorian Guard
- The Corrorians
- Guardians of Frionia
- CurvedSpace
- Defenestrators grnwink.gif
- Gunblade
- Garden
- Galbadia
- The Galbadian Legion

(and the above can be used more than once - they will be attached to the game and/or server name on the forums)

Your Forum:
That's right, as the leader of a faction you will receive your own forum on our board. There will be many additions, but below are some examples which will be implemented with the official update:

30 Members: A faction Market subforum (will be for your faction alone, but there will be another for all of SeeD elsewhere).

65 Members: A faction Court subforum (will be for bounties in your faction alone, but there will be another for all of SeeD elsewhere).

Strength Proven In Battle (conditions currently undecided on; may also apply to non PK strength): A faction Tactics subforum.

Strength Proven In War (conditions currently undecided on): A locked subforum for any use.

There will be more (and possibly some changes) - Some future additions will probably be fun bluetongue.gif

... And yes, as the leader of a faction you will be the moderator. You will not have complete moderator status, though can manage your own faction's forum.

Regarding faction websites...

Now factions can build sites. However, the sites must not provide alternate forums (such as InvisionFree), and should explain what SeeD is all about so interaction is possible and encouraged. This is so factions benefit each other as intended. Events should also still be posted on the forums as before, regardless of whether or not a notice is placed on your site. This will help your guild increase in activity as well as get more attention for your events.

Obviously though, you need to provide a link to your forum(s) or our site, so interaction among factions is possible. When you do this though, if you link directly to a forum, please provide the link to your forum in the docked forums.

So how do you get started?

- Obtain proof of five members in your faction. They may or may not be current members, you are able to recruit within the game. Remember, tell your faction's members that the guild is part of a larger multi-game clan. It can function independently, though can also interact with other factions, others' events in different games, and the community as a whole. There can be inter-faction recruiting, members can belong to more than one faction.

- Post your faction's name, game, server (if applicable), and proof of five members. This proof can be a screenshot of a guild management screen, or can also be a thread with five replies from your different members. There are no specific requirements for forum membership, but please at least push the use of your forum.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is going to happen to the current RS clan?
It is going to remain as it is. We are not going to pull anyone from Runescape, though instead this should actually indirectly help our activity in RS. If faction leaders do their thing and get their factions going, I can guarantee a large increase in community activity as well as activity in Runescape. For being a free MMORPG and allowing anyone to take a part there, we can consider a certain location in the f2p world as our main in-game HQ (along with probably our new chat). Our goal isn't to use the factions to benefit RS activity, it is just a very likely side-effect of what we're doing.

Someone else created a faction in a game in which I wanted to lead!
No worries there. bluetongue.gif More than one faction can exist in any game except Runescape. Even on the same server if it's applicable.

Someone else created a faction of the name I wanted on my game and server!
Err, not extremely likely but it could happen. If in a different game or server there is no problem, if on the same server I'm sorry but another name will be required. sad.gif

Wait, so SeeD can exist on multiple servers in the same game?
Yep. Unlike many clans, we have the means to do something which is fairly rare in many games. If the popularity exists, there is a good possibility of the indirect creation of an unofficial inter-server guild.

So what should I call my faction in-game?
Depends on the game. Whatever clans are referred to as there. Clans, guilds, player associations, or whatever else. In-game don't worry about calling your faction a faction, it will confuse people if they're new. But please do explain the faction's situation in SeeD, link to either our board or your forum, and then work from there. Your faction will pretty much be handled as a clan of its own in most respects in-game.

The site hasn't been updated yet, what guidelines and everything are necessary?
Really, along with the community-related guidelines they won't be too strange. No cheating, no hacking, and other basics are pretty much what the guidelines will be. They will be added to the site with the next update, along with a bit of other information (most of which is outlined here).

Why are you jumping the gun and starting this before the update?
Need to see where things go and hopefully have some examples of which to show on the site.

What will happen to Gardens?
It is currently undecided. They could change around, could stay the same, but will most likely not be removed from the picture. For now they are for Runescape members only.

If someone asks about SeeD, what should I tell them?
This is up to you, but here are some suggestions: If in a specific game, you can say that it is a multi-game clan with specific guilds in many games. If in general (like a friend at school or something) with no specific context in a game, you can say that it is a multi-game clan. If in Runescape, let's treat things in a very similar manner to how we have been previously - I mean, we are still based almost entirely in Runescape since the other factions are new.

So am I able to start and lead a faction?
Almost any current members can. More requirements may be necessary in the future. The only requirement right now is that you must not have been banned as of three months previously (suspension is fine for now if no longer in place). Just be sure you play the game a bit, lol.

I have no experience with leadership or handling a clan, is it ok?
Sure, we will be willing to help you out if any difficulties arise.

In what games can factions exist?
Any game. Shooters, MMORPGs, or anything else online. It's pretty obvious, but it must at least have some sort of online mode. bluetongue.gif

... So that's basically it for now. Please reply with any questions or whatnot, and if you have your five members please reply to this thread with the information to get your faction started. The five members can be current members, or they can be members you recruited in-game. grnwink.gif

And this concludes my behemoth of a post. Now I will go off to relax my fingers so I don't get arthritis at a young age. bluetongue.gif
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

Please note, all of the above is subject to change if necessary.
Posted Image

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

Kool

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Star Jedi {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:18 PM

Though I probably won't be leading anything (not too active in other games), I'm still excited to get this going and see where it heads to biglaugh.gif Sw00t!

jump.gif

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:26 PM

I think I know what I want to lead. There's this very popular online game called Bushtarion. What you do is farm land, and sell your crops and try to develop one of many unit routes. The units have many different uses. It takes about a week to understand thouroughly, but once you do, its really fun.

So please try this game out and join my faction. I'll help you out if you have questions.

Thanks,

Squirrel

This post has been edited by Crazed_Nutter: 29 November 2004 - 10:27 PM

And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Post icon  Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

Cool, Especially if i had a internet that let me go online & play games

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ruckus Fox {lang:icon}

• Not your everyday furry...
  • Icon

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:08 PM

Wow! :O sounds cool.

---Ruckus the Rogue

Darkstorm Characters: Scaffard Crimsonflame , Zikora Yooki

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

All right! biglaugh.gif This is great, us expanding, and... stuff bluetongue.gif

The thing is, while SeeD is our Runescape clan, CurvedSpace (Having SeeD as a part of it) was essentially our almost unknown gaming part of the community. However, with this expansion, SeeD will be the beginning of that, being the leader of these factions or guilds to branch off of. In essence, I am very confident that we will soon emerge as, not just a well-known Runescape clan, but an all-around gaming community! thumb.gif This is just what we need! Great job Cspace.
Senior Member / Intellectual Crusader

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Stargate3216 {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:58 AM

OK

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Camahawk {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:53 AM

wicked

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Raktor {lang:icon}

• Official SeeD Alcoholic
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:52 AM

What's up with the no-site rule? If people expand into maplestory, I'd like to make a site which you could host on a subdomain or something, running a clan without a website is stooopid bluetongue.gif

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

Hey Big, I'll tell you what. I was going to be changing it later on, but really I don't see any reason to wait. If you (or any faction leader) can get the five members together, have the faction's forum at least somewhat active, and feel capable of creating a base website for the faction... I won't stop you. bluetongue.gif

If someone creates a base website, however, there will have to be some requirements so the required interaction between factions is possible. In order for your faction to benefit, the community as a whole to benefit, the other factions to benefit, and for events to get their publicity, the following will need to apply to your site:

1) You must link to either our board or your specific forum(s) in our community. I don't mind if you just link to the forum given to you, just as long as it is somewhere on this board so inter-faction communication is easy. I am sorry, but at least for now private boards are impossible if this is going to work. This means InvisionFree, EzBoard, Proboards, or anything else. This may change eventually, but not yet.

2) You must link to our chat page. You can create your own channel on the Matrix server (the one we're on) unless the staff there say otherwise (doubt they will)... But the #seedchat channel should span across all factions as a general SeeD chat.

3) You should either mention somewhere that your guild is part of a network of guilds or that your guild is a part of a multi-game clan. Both are technically correct.

Other than that, you would be free to do as you wish I guess.

I am sorry that it seems a little straight-forward right now, but as with even the beginning of SeeD, it is usually good to begin with a finite goal. From there everything would grow outward, both in size and goals. Most clans who try what we're trying now don't last. Why don't they last? They don't have the base on which to build, and to create a multi-game clan you need a very strong base. We have been waiting for over a year for the right time and believe that now is it. We have the base and have presented ourselves with a unique opportunity due to a variety of circumstances. This has been thought and rethought through by many members and we now have a set direction which, if all faction leaders take their part, will benefit everyone in the end.

Visibility -> Interaction -> Unity

Once we get into the "Interaction" phase, then more freedom will be possible for factions thumb.gif
Posted Image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:57 PM

Sounds good, but I don't play any games at all except for a couple (mainly the ones my son plays - Reader Rabbit, lol bluetongue.gif ).

If anyone needs help on their forums or anything, I'd be glad to help out thumb.gif
Alex

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Baseballl @ Nov 30 2004, 02:57 PM)
Sounds good, but I don't play any games at all except for a couple (mainly the ones my son plays - Reader Rabbit, lol bluetongue.gif ).

If anyone needs help on their forums or anything, I'd be glad to help out thumb.gif
{lang:macro__view_post}

Lol, I don't think we need a Reader Rabbit faction bluetongue.gif biglaugh.gif
Posted Image

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bodom {lang:icon}

• Echliurn
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:12 PM

I dont care what anyone says, reader rabbit owns all

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic