CurvedSpace Forums: Seed Is Expanding - How To Create A Faction - CurvedSpace Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Seed Is Expanding - How To Create A Faction

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Raktor {lang:icon}

• Official SeeD Alcoholic
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:40 PM

*Puts hand up* READER RABBIT!!!!!!

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:37 AM

Remember, almost anyone is able to do this. For those who were asking if we could do some stuff in other games, such as CS, Warcraft, Diablo, and others, this is your chance to set something up there as well as give yourself a leadership position. thumb.gif
Posted Image

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:39 AM

*Gasp* Reader Rabbit? eek4.gif I didn't even know those games were still around, they were so much fun when I was like... 5.

This sounds very well thought out, I've got high hopes for it. For now at least I have no plans to be a direct leader of a faction, but if anybody wants me to help out with some sort of leadership position in factions I join, I'm quite likely to agree. grnwink.gif

#19 {lang:macro__useroffline}   X Zolon {lang:icon}

• Come on in heeeeeere....
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:42 AM

I'm getting WOW after christmas (or preferably on Christmas) and that's when I'll set up my faction. Anyone interested?

#20 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:34 AM

Maybe we should replace the gardens with factions.

They were never aactive anyway...
HI! I'M BACK SPORADICALLY! Nobody probably remembers me :(

#21 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:26 PM

Hehe, Gardens were never really expected to be active once we surpassed 30 members. They could be active and we left the system open for activity if members wished to make them active, but it was really nothing more than a way of grouping our members for administrative purposes as well as possible use in larger groups (such as the three larger Gardens). The reason Gardens are inactive isn't the Garden system, it's just that not enough members saw any need in making them active. Those who did wish to be in a physically active Garden formed their own or joined another, others just stayed where they were. Some are active, the others consist of members who really could care less. bluetongue.gif

In a way, what some are saying with the Garden system not working due to lack of activity is like saying there's something wrong with AIM because someone only has three buddies. In the example, there's nothing wrong with AIM itself, just a lack of interest by some people. In the case of the Gardens, nothing is physically wrong with them (all they are is a method of grouping which is really in the members' control if they desire) except that many members don't really see any purpose in making them active. No matter what, no form of clan-wide grouping within a game will benefit activity any more than another unless the members actually make them active. No method of grouping will guarantee activity, only the members can guarantee that.

However, maintaining a method of grouping helps a lot more than some would think when trying to establish a scope for certain levels of leadership. Not just Commanders, but Headmasters, Garden-created hierarchy, and possibly even Captains. Without some sort of scope General would technically end up being the lowest level of physical leadership. 1zhelp.gif Will factions take over? Possibly, but we need to first see where they go. grnwink.gif

They very well could render Gardens obsolete in terms of administration, we just have to wait and see.
Posted Image

#22 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Raktor {lang:icon}

• Official SeeD Alcoholic
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Cspace @ Dec 3 2004, 05:26 AM)
In a way, what some are saying with the Garden system not working due to lack of activity is like saying there's something wrong with AIM because someone only has three buddies.
{lang:macro__view_post}

There's no need to use yourself in every example!! bluetongue.gif

#23 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

Koolness coolgleamA.gif

Everyone just remember of course that this is to have more fun, not get more leadership positions. Sure, it opens up new leadership positions so that it can be held together, but we just wanna have fun (I got that 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' song stuck in my head eek7.gif ). A big part of fun things to do here in SeeD is events, and RS unfortunately doesn't fit the standards. bluetongue.gif There's so many other games and so many other opportunities and everything. So yay. biglaugh.gif

I'll work on something for WarCraft 3 since it's just about the best online game I know of that require online fees (I haven't tried Diablo, but I don't really plan to since I've been hearing bad news and then no news about it bluetongue.gif). The problem is, something keeping me from fullying interacting online in WarCraft 3. I can't host any custom games, and I can't start a clan. I tried looking up the firewall thing on my comp and found it I think, but switching it off didn't work. Yahargh. sad.gif People in-game also ask if I have a router, whatever that is... icon_sweatdrop.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#24 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2004 - 02:25 AM

Yay! This sound great! That subforum in 'SeeD In Other Games', 'Diablo', was dead before I even got there! I think I'll start a faction in Diablo II once my brother gives it back to me. First, I'll ask all my friends if they would like to join my faction for the multi-game clan called SeeD! But I don't really like any of those names..... Can I call my faction 'Diablo's Death'? The faction will be on U.S. West, non-expansion (until Christmas grnwink.gif ) So, how about it?

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#25 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:22 AM

I think the point of the name being related to SeeD is so that it is really a part of SeeD, not some other clan being hosted here. You could probably change the names there around a bit, but it should at least have something to do with SeeD...

#26 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2004 - 07:08 AM

Faction Names:
Obviously some games with clan support will not permit "SeeD" as a name. In other games such as Final Fantasy XI anything relating to SeeD will be obviously out of context and may cause issues. For these reasons, we have some set names for you to use. You must use an official name for continuity's sake, but I'll try to provide a lot from which to choose (more will be added later).

- SeeD (obviously) 
- Any Garden name on the member list.
- Legion of Aderon
- Knights of Valronia
- Shral Valeron
- The Corrorian Guard
- The Corrorians
- Guardians of Frionia
- CurvedSpace
- Defenestrators 
- Gunblade
- Garden
- Galbadia
- The Galbadian Legion

However, I'm going to change this a little bit right here and say that if someone wants another name, he/she can PM me about it and see if it will be possible. It will have to be related to the clan or community in some way, but if you have another idea I'm open to it. This is in order to keep some implied unity, I mean, we're still a clan and don't intend to just spawn a bunch of random guilds. bluetongue.gif

The names for factions will unfortunately be fairly selective, unlike Gardens. If I turn down a name request, it is not in any way due to the quality of the name, but instead likely to be due to community-related reasons. I don't want anyone to be hurt by it, however if a reasonable name is sent to me I'll gladly accept it.

Anything FFVIII or DarkStorm-related will almost positively be accepted. Also, many other community-related names will be accepted (but not all). In any case though, please check with me about it in a PM or IM beforehand, especially if the game has official guild support.
Posted Image

#27 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Serenarocks {lang:icon}

• ^Prof.'s Favorite Passtime^
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:10 PM

LET US RIP THE PANTS OF SEED AS THE MEMBER LIST GETS LONGER!!! MUHAHAHAHA! headbang.gif

I do my best to recruit TheSmile.gif plus i advertise irl. Im going to start an RS help site later, and we can recruit there too...

EDIT: (ripping the pants of seed meaning that when your stomach expands, your pants rip, like at Christmas dinner biglaugh.gif ROFL!)

This post has been edited by pixie grrl: 03 December 2004 - 06:12 PM

Fremennik name: Rakrak
Doesnt everyone agree that i look better as a... Combat Lvl 78?! omfg, It's GROWING!!!

"You try and feed the rock, Your rock doesn't seem hungry."
"You stroke your rock, Your rock seems much happier."
"Who's a good rock then? Yes, you are...You're such a good rock...Ooga Booga Googa."

#28 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

C'mon, someone join Bushtarion!

We can be the SeeD Drunkards!
And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#29 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:57 AM

So, Cspacey, is the name I pmed you ok?

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#30 {lang:macro__useroffline}   LordDragoonX {lang:icon}

• True Blue
  • Icon

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Darkness 22 @ Dec 2 2004, 09:25 PM)
Yay! This sound great! That subforum in 'SeeD In Other Games', 'Diablo', was dead before I even got there! I think I'll start a faction in Diablo II once my brother gives it back to me. First, I'll ask all my friends if they would like to join my faction for the multi-game clan called SeeD! But I don't really like any of those names..... Can I call my faction 'Diablo's Death'? The faction will be on U.S. West, non-expansion (until Christmas  grnwink.gif ) So, how about it?
{lang:macro__view_post}

I just got the expansion pack for Diablo II so I started playing on U.S. East. (But I can always make a new character for U.S. West)

But the problem is clans don't really work out in Diablo II. The maximum people in a game can be only 8 and its not like RuneScape where everybody is playing in one game or on one server. People have to make different games with a maximum capacity of 8 players.

Thats the same problem for StarCraft and its expansion pack. But it can work out if most members will put an effort in it. We can just be a clan of 8-15 people and play together for the fun of it on Random Maps or Used Map Settings and same for Diablo II we can duel each other, level up and go questing in the acts.
user posted image

We march... We march to war... We march... We fight... We are Spartans. Blood will fall, but it will not be ours... We march... Sparta is war reborn... we are the children of war... We are Spartans.
I am Leonidas, and this is my story. I have met the wolf, felt its bite, and I have survived. These new wolves are neverending, but Sparta will show true might. Though we fall, still we will come for we are war incarnate. I have started this, and so must I finish it. Xerxes shall die, this I, Leonidas, warlord of Sparta, do say. This is the story of the 300... the story of Spartan heroism. Though we bled the ground red at Thermopolyae, still we live on.
War is Sparta, We are Spartans. We are War!

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users