CurvedSpace Forums: Now Established Guilds Can Join SeeD's Coalition - CurvedSpace Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Now Established Guilds Can Join SeeD's Coalition Here's how

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Post icon  Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:04 PM

This is something new to SeeD's organization, where guilds from various games can join our active community. What exactly can be provided to a guild who becomes affiliated with SeeD's coalition?

- We can provide forums directly within our community of thousands of members. The guild leader or designated site manager will choose a manageable template of forums (such as a "Raid" and "Market" forum within the base forum), and receive sufficient mod powers to organize them (but not enough to influence outside forums). The forum will be located among the faction forums.

- From having presence on our site, your guild will receive heightened search engine rankings over time; heightened to the same extent as a guild with thousands of members that has existed since 2001, once the spiders notice your guild (often within just a few days, your guild will be on Google). As well as this, your guild will be visible to all who visit our site. Among the "Factions" of SeeD, your guild will also be able to interact with guilds of other games and servers. As well as adding another dimension of possible activity and events, this will also help keep members in your guild associated with your guild, regardless of whether or not they become less active in the game or server in which your guild exists.

- Your guild doesn't become SeeD, but stays as it always has. While it is a part of our site, in all technicality it becomes affiliated with SeeD. As such there will be a "background" option added for your guild, so your members can flag themselves with your guild's name or acronym. This will be visible in everything they post, regardless of where on our board.

- Provide incentive for them to hang out in your forums when not in-game. We have an active inter-game community, over 200 arcade games, a blog hosting service, a chat applet, a member-written guide section, among many other features.

- You can register your own chat channels from our applets (which both connect to the same IRC server). In other words, if your guild is called 'Ownage' (please forgive me bluetongue.gif ), you can create a persistent IRC channel called #ownage. Names can also be registered, and through certain commands you can also freely set people as ops in your channel.

- You won't need to worry about making or maintaining a site, while still having a definite presence on the web.

So how will you be able to register your guild to become affiliated with SeeD's coalition?

- Simply contact me (Cspace). It will be easiest to contact me on a messenger ('CspaceSupport@hotmail.com' for MSN and 'Cspace Support' for AIM), especially on MSN. You can also PM me, although you may not receive a quick reply depending on how flooded my inbox is icon_sweatdrop.gif . Of course if you catch me in-game, if your guild is in a game I play, that will be another easy option.

- Unfortunately, not every guild can be readily accepted. We must consider activity (cannot initially be overwhelmingly great, or too low), goals, overlap with other factions, and other factors. However, we will do everything we can to make this possible if you wish to affiliate your guild with SeeD. While creating a faction directly within SeeD is a virtual guarantee for acceptance, bringing in an already established guild will require more consideration. Also, if your guild exists in a game in which there already exist factions of SeeD, this could unfortunately prevent acceptance of the affiliation (for example, a guild from the game 'Guild Wars' cannot join SeeD's coalition at the moment). However, once your guild joins our site, it will not be removed unless our fundamental rules are broken or the guild leader wishes for its removal (the basic stuff, like nothing illegal). So you have that aspect of security.

- You can have a website, however you cannot have an alternate board. Factions and this affiliated guild system are intended to mutually benefit each other, and if there is no interaction, this simply won't work to any guild's benefit.

Anyway, this can all be flexible to meet a guild's needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact an admin or post in the Guild Hall forum. thumb.gif
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users