• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Voluntary Taxes And Pledges Please read everyone

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Grimbold {lang:icon}

• Mandalore owns you.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Post icon  Posted 22 June 2003 - 07:27 AM

Ok. I know this belongs in Ideas forum, but hardly anyone goes there anymore, and I think everyone needs to see this. I accept full responsibility for my actions. I have done this not only after posting in the Ideas forum, but I fully acknowledge that this is in the wrong forum. So move it back if you want to mods, and punish me if you want to, but I think everyone needs to see this.

Voluntary tax and pledges

Please read the whole thing, don't just brush it aside.

Ok. Here is my idea. Why not have a voluntary tax and/or pledges?

1. Tax. I mean a small, say 5% tax of the cash value of the transaction on all items sold in the SeeD market. Hardly anything. Here is an example: SeeD A sells SeeD B 200 raw lobster certs at the price of 1k per cert. Total=200k. 5% of 200k is 10k. SeeD A reports this transaction, along with the tax money to the treasurer, whose job will be explained later in this post. It would be totally up to SeeD A whether or not they pay the tax. No one who doesn't pay will be punished in any way, and those who do will not receive any special treatment or recognition. None whatsoever. This would not only create a large amount of cash available for the purchase of armor, weapons, food, etc., but the reports of transactions could be used to create a clan GDP(lol, I just thought it would be kind of cool).

2. Pledges. This would garner many items, which could be used for clan wars, events or trades to other clans, which will also be explained later. Example: SeeD A is a level 47 fisher. SeeD B is a level 65 cook. SeeD C is a level 58 miner. SeeD D is a level 49 smith. SeeD A pledges, voluntarily, to donate 5 raw lobster certs to the clan every 2 weeks. SeeD B pledges 5 cooked lobster certs every 2 weeks. SeeD C pledges 5 coal certs every 2 weeks. SeeD D pledges 1 set of full steel every 2 weeks. Extremely insignificant pledges to the donors, but when a lot of people start to donate, goods will begin to accumulate quickly. Seriously. How hard is it to get 25 raw lobsters, cook 25 lobsters, mine 25 coal, or make 1 set of steel every 2 or so weeks? Besides it doesn't have to be just those things. Iron ore certs, sets of iron, some tunas, anything that is useful is, well..., useful. As with the tax, this would obviously be voluntary. No recognition or anything for those who do, and no punishment for those who don't

3. Clan Trades. Why not set up trades with other large and stable clans. SeeD has to have a small deficiency of some type of work person or commodity, right? And so must other clans. So why not exploit those deficiencies? Example: SeeD has a lack of skilled herbalists, but plenty of smiths(remember, hypothetical. I don’t know if this is true or not). Clan A has plenty of herbalists, but not enough smiths to keep up with demands for armor. The SeeD Secretary of Trade would then meet with a representative from Clan A, and work out a deal involving the exchange of strength potions and armor. SeeD gets pots, Clan A gets armor, everyone is happy, and who knows? Maybe SeeD and Clan A ally because of improved relations. Or maybe Clan A gives Special Ops some information on a wanted person. Anything could happen.

4. The Treasurer. Trusted person appointed by Cspace to create a new file, which is used by the Clan as a clan banker, holding only large amounts of items. Every 2 months after that, Cspace conducts a review of their work, and either allows them to continue, or appoints someone new. Is limited to 2 consecutive terms. Is required to post a new screenshot of the clan bank every week, along with a short report on new acquisitions, and what needs to be worked on in the following week. Can be removed from office if an impeachment vote is supported by two-thirds of everyone from the rank General on up. Everyone from Generals on up would know the password for banker, allowing the clan to be supplied even if several people are not on runescape.

5. SeeD Secretary of Trade. I, Grimbold would be SecTrade for a period of 2 month. Every 2 months after that, an election is held, and the SecTrade either stays in their post, or is replaced by someone new. Is limited to 2 consecutive terms. Required to post a short report every week about what trades were conducted, new agreements being considered, old agreements being re-evaluated, new trade agreements, or old ones that were discontinued. Can be removed from office if an impeachment vote is supported by two-thirds of everyone from the rank General on up.

This is my rather lengthy suggestion to improve SeeD. If you read the whole thing, good for you. If you think its dumb or wouldn't work, please post and explain your reasoning and thoughts. Please don't just say "Grim u suk this would never work. u r a retard". Give me reasons you didn't like it, or if you liked it, tell me what could be improved. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Grimbold: 22 June 2003 - 07:28 AM

The Few. The Proud. The Jews.
user posted image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dart060 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Post icon  Posted 22 June 2003 - 07:37 AM

Excelent, but one thing?, were would all this money and items go to? I mean, like it's not just going to go to war stuff and clan trades, when was the last time seed had a war?, long time ago, so i listed 6 choices that i think would most likely go to.

1. People who have been hacked or scammed?
2. To donate to people who have been very genourus?
3. 1/4 of the items to people who need help holding drop parties?
4. Used to buy Christmass/birthday pressesnts?
5. Shared out among the clan at the end of the year?
6. Wref?

PS: I'll plege 5 raw lobster certs a week.

This post has been edited by Dart060: 22 June 2003 - 07:40 AM

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ryl {lang:icon}

• Mr Ryly
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:52 AM

Sorry, still belongs in Ideas biglaugh.gif
user posted image
Sig by me matey ForsakenMagey

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   cowmanass {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:19 PM

The only problem with this is theres no real need....the only reason real countrys collect tax is for wars and to build and upkeep things...unfortunitly theres nothing here we arent building or upkeeping and most any good well established clans has ppl that are good all around (me and ryl for instants
) so there no real need for a 'clan trade'. a drop party might work for the tax but we probly wont get enuff to have one and a few ppl in the clan would just be willing to drop some stuff in there bank for a drop party...

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Styledragon1 {lang:icon}

• Ze #1 Flamer
  • Icon

Posted 23 June 2003 - 04:26 AM

I think they already have this or it is in another clan.whatever. most of the profits go towards see D.And well I am in here I am announcing I that i might be quiting i dont know when but most likely before my birthday I just need to find a good date to and tell cscape.C YA when i do.I will miss all my freinds especially the following:

Dragonman656
X zolon My closest friend
Serpentfight
Baseballl
Cowmanass
darkness 22
traver
and i forget but there some other ppl i will miss to.

This post has been edited by Death Snake: 23 June 2003 - 04:27 AM

user posted image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 23 June 2003 - 06:02 AM

And what about tests and taxes... Do not give tests (trust tests or skill-related tests) or request money or items from those who are joining. This should be considered scamming, and no members should have to give up anything to join.

Taxes aren't really needed to raise clan funds, as many may think they are needed. Taxes lose members and support, and increase the demand for expensive armor, which is obviously not a good thing.

Quotes are from Cspace here

It would work, but it's not really necessary and, like Dart said, where would this money go? What would it be used for?

This post has been edited by phieta27: 23 June 2003 - 06:04 AM

Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   yhcln5 {lang:icon}

• Proud to be just another common person of billions of people in
  • Icon

Posted 23 June 2003 - 06:18 PM

good idea, but wat happens if the guy who keeps the money gets hacked?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users