CurvedSpace Forums: Call of The Wild (Only lvl 10+) - CurvedSpace Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Call of The Wild (Only lvl 10+) A list of Free MMORPGS and Brawlers.

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:50 PM

DO NOT UNPIN TOPICS THAT DON'T NEED TO BE UNPINNED

Looking for a new free game to play? Short on cash? Here's a few google(With new "Link" feature!) searches that may help you out -

Notes-

Check the key at the bottom of the page for all of you non-computer savvy people. any word with a * after it is in the key.

Links! WOO! They'll come slowly, but I'll probably get some in soon. And remember, I need user input! I can't find these all on my own.

Brawlers-

Rakion- From the makers of Gunbound, Rakion is a brawling game not unlike counterstrike, except for the whole Medieval Times deal. Really good, and if you have a GB account, you can use that. MCC*
Votes-
1st:l
2nd:

Gunz- Online shooter/sword style game where you face off against other players, trying to shoot, stab, blow up, or any other thing you can do to kill them. Similar to Rakion, but more based on ranged attacks, and has wall running! WOO!
Graphics are same as Rakion, controls are the same as Rakion, and game interface is the same as Rakion. It's so similar it's creepy. MCC*
Votes-
1st: l
2nd:l

MMORPGs*-

Anarchy Online- If you have some sorta fetish for stereotypical MMORPGS*, then this is for you. Fight dragons and monsters with swords and stuff! Sigh... I can't say much more cause I haven't played it... icon_sweatdrop.gif
Anarchy

^Turns out it was a one year offer. LIEZ!

Dofus- 2d RPG* game. Can be played in either French* or English. It's a fighting game that allows you to take control of a character from a variety of classes. May get confusing, so add me or Roadtoad (Ferretanica + Roadtoad) MCC*
Votes-
NONE!

Maplestory- This game's a 2d sidescroller that let's you train a beginning fighter into an advanced character. Also, you have to be very specific in your stat building, so find a guide. Turns out I didn't lose my char*. Silly me. MCC*
Votes-
2nd: l
3rd: --

Mu Online- A 3d rpg* with Diablo2: LoD graphics, an ever-changing story where you can train yourself in becoming a knight*, mage*, archer*, guardian*,etc., and absolutly F2P*. Plus, there are no payments needed to play it. Just download it!
Votes-
1st: --
2nd: --

Kal Online- MMORPG* set in feudal China. Fight demons and behead them in earlier stages to level up, then beat the crap outta higher level monsters. Features a complex fishing system and quests. MCC*.
Votes-

*Writer's Choice* Kingdom of Loathing- Hilarious MMORPG* made as a joke, but quickly went into a huge trend. Such enemies as "Zmobies" from the Misspelled Cemetar and the Goats from Mt McLargeHuge. A must play.
KoL
Votes-
2nd: l

Terragaming- 2D sprite game not unlike Zelda. Still in it's fledgling stage. Based in medieval times, so don't expect any shooting. Terragaming

Shooting Stuff
-

Gunbound- Also from the makers of Rakion. Gunbound is a 2d sidecrollish game that let's you fight with players around the world. Use tons of diferent machines in a selection of different environments (Completely destructable, of course), Blowing away the competition.
Votes-

BZFlag- An odd and strangely hard tank game that involes jumping, shooting, and lazering. I'm still confused, so anyone who gets it, help me out.
Votes-

America's Army- Shooting game made by the army (Coughcoughrecruitmentcough) that's actually quite good. Up to the end of training, in which you get repeatedly maimed and/or shot due to gun jams. Oh, and a lesson. Keep away from people who can't use a 'nade. Example
And here's a lesson about using the grenade launcher. As in don't: Launchers Are Painful
Votes-

Flying/Random-

YS Flight Simulation System 2000- Flying sim with average/low graphics that I must say is amazing. Network interface* could use some work, but meh. You can pilot planes, and though it may not seem so, trust me. This is a helluva lot easier to control then other flight sims. Watch it with your bombers. They can't handle the strain of a 45 degree incline, or they'll stall*.
Votes-

FlightGear- A flying game similar to YSFlight, but with much better graphics and no air combat (at least as far as I know). Features a realistic cockpit interface and dozens of planes from WWI to modern day.
FlightGear
Votes-
Blarbly.

Strategy-
That's weird, there's no free strategy games... Huh.

Key-
A- Archer: Depending on which game, archers are pretty much the cheapst type you can get. So if you choose archer, hide your candy *** somewhere where I can't lightning off your head. Cause at least I have a limited MP. Sheesh. ^_^ Don't be afraid, archers aren't actually that bad. I'm so mean...
Also called- Ranger, bowman, hunter, and marksman.
Subdivisions of bowman and crossbowman.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C-
Char-
1: Character. Just an abreviation, nothing else.
2: Best Halo 2 player on Earth. Killed 2057 people in 4 weeks of beta testing. Something like that.
D-
E-
F-
FTP: File Transfer Protocol. I'm guessing the required code to send and recieve files for a program. Blame Darkie, he's the detail freak.

F2P: Free to play. You don't have to pay anything.

French: It's a language, stupid.
G-
H-
I-
J-
K-
Knight: The basis of all rpgs, and the best beginner class. Close range combat does either a lot or a little damage, but the high armor and high hp make up for that. Also called- Brawler, fighter, swordsman, paladin, and bruiser. It might not neccessarily be a knight with those names, so watch out.
L-
M-
Mage: Almost always the coolest character class eva! Spells such as lightning, rush attack, and magic arrow give mages huge advantages over other classes. Low armor and hp are made up for by gigantic ranged magic attack and high mp. Also known as- Magician, wizard, and spellcaster. Most break down into subdivisions made up some of the basic elements (Fire, water, ice, earth, and air), along with necromancers, shapeshifters, muses, summoners, and warlocks.

MCC: Multiple character compatible. Means you can have more than one character per user. So you can try out all the classes.

MMORPG: Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Hell, who wants to type all that? That's why there's an acronym.
N-
Network interface: What you see when dealing with server listings and such for online play.

Noob- Newbie. Now used more as an insult than its actual meaning. It's in referance to noobs not knowing how to play, since they just started.
O-
P-
Q-
R-
RPG: Role Playing Game. Acronym once again.
S-
Stall- Engine failure due the too little air being pushed through the propeller of a plane. Can be fixed by going into a nose dive, which can only be acheived by flipping backwards (In games only). Much harder to stall in a jet plane, due to stronger engines.

Sprite- A low-level pixellated characer or object, ususally 8-bit, that can be taken from a sheet and easily turned into an animation.
T-
U-
V-
W-
Warrior- Best WoW class. Ever. If you ever get WoW, become an undead warrior. The dead opposite of hunters, thanks to the Intercept skill.

WoW- World of Warcraft, an MMORPG by Blizzard.
X-
Y-
Z-
Now I know my ABCs, next time won't you *Insert verb here* with meee.

Enjoy!
HI! I'M BACK SPORADICALLY! Nobody probably remembers me :(

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:21 AM

wasnt dofus only free until the beta version finished? eh, whatever.

good that someone thought to make a list of a few free internet games. good thinking, FO thumb.gif

Feed the plushie!
(Rayquaza plushie? WTF? It doesn't look anything like the other plushies!)

Through our bleeding we are one.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Pendragon205 {lang:icon}

• He has found the word of God in a crossword puzzle.
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:58 PM

i think most people know about those, cept for rakion, maybe. meh thumb.gif
This was totally out-dated.
Now it's updated.
I think?
Yeah.

Nice.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

^^^

...What?

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

incase you missed it shadow, lastnight we had a idoit post about his "kewl hcaks and bots" im just guessing the post got deleted. now pen looks like he's talking to himself

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Pendragon205 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

yes, and for that reason i shall delete my post
*deletes post*
Now it's updated.
I think?
Yeah.

Nice.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Raktor {lang:icon}

• Official SeeD Alcoholic
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:17 AM

Dofus is free again now.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Krako {lang:icon}

• Creating history, with a swordlike wit.
  • Icon

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:47 AM

Only Astrub city and the surrounding areas are free. you have to pay to get access to the other areas without the game becoming some graphical chatroom.
The pants are optional here sir.....

user posted image

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   asyluman {lang:icon}

• Yeah.
  • Icon

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:19 AM

I know roady still pays, but the free area is really, really small.
Shake: I'm on TV a lot. This is my sitcom, with the--
Shake (On TV): I'm in your house.
Shake:...
Meatwad:...
Shake: With the sci-fi horror twist.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Darkdream @ Oct 28 2005, 11:21 PM)
wasnt dofus only free until the beta version finished? eh, whatever.

good that someone thought to make a list of a few free internet games. good thinking, FO  thumb.gif
{lang:macro__view_post}

OMG. I GOT PRAISED!

This is going on my wall of memories.

*put up a piece of paper on an empty wall*

It's funny, I don't really remember anything...

And Rakion is by far the best brawling game I've ever played. Up to 16 player fighting eachother at once. It's crazy. When I find new games, I'll put em up there.

Oh, and Asy, even though it's small, it's still worth playing. Not to mention it costs the same as RS members to pay. $7 a month.

This seems important enough. *Pinned*

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Pendragon205 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

rakion IS awesome, but i can never play sad.gif it never works cry.gif
Now it's updated.
I think?
Yeah.

Nice.

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Krako {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:53 AM

heh, wish i had some idea of how rakion really works, i thought it was a stragety game? meh. im playing dark age of camelot right now, pretty much enjoying it.

user posted image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Pendragon205 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

it has the same server style as gunbound, but it's more of a "go into a game, find the objective, do objective, kill people" kind of game
Now it's updated.
I think?
Yeah.

Nice.

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Pendragon205 @ Nov 9 2005, 11:33 AM)
it has the same server style as gunbound, but it's more of a "go into a game, find the objective, do objective, kill people" kind of game
{lang:macro__view_post}

Oh, and the objective is usually kill the other people. So it's a two for one deal.

Krako, you just fight people. When you get to the server list, uncheck golem, solo, and stage on the checklist. Team is the best way to level as a noob.

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Krako {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:57 AM

hmm..guess il give it a go, it will give me a break from my shar champion on DAoC.

Which is a fighter that uses large weapons BUSTER SWORD SIZED, and a mix of Direct Damage, 3 Debuffs (STR/CON, DEX/QUI, and attack speed) a STR/CON self buff, and a snare spell. il have to get a screenie of him in action sometime.

This post has been edited by Krako: 11 November 2005 - 09:02 AM

user posted image

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users