#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:27 AM

Welcome to SeeD! thumb.gif

I just figured that I would answer a few likely questions that you may have upon entering, and I urge all current SeeDs to help our new members with becoming accustomed and welcomed to our clan.

Does SeeD PK? When are the trips?
SeeD does PK among many other events in Runescape. Almost all of our events, however, are member-led. This means that "official" events rarely happen, so member-led events hold the weight they deserve. Therefore the basis of events and PKing rests on what the members wish to do, and virtually anything within Jagex's rules short of declaring wars can be done. Whether you're in the mood for spontaneous events or scheduled ones is up to you, everything is open to our members. All that needs to be done is for a member to simply post in our Event Forum (as well as the calendar if scheduled). Every member is capable of doing this.

What do you mean by "Events"?
We consider any in-game gathering an event. In relation to Runescape this can include parties, PKing, or anything else you can think of. Since we are an inter-game guild, however, events can also be held in other online games. All events should be posted in the Event Forum near the top of our board index (and any member can host them).

Can PKing teams be formed?
Indeed, that is what our mercenary group system is for. Although it is currently being reworked to focus more on PKing itself, any SeeD can lead a merc group of any size within our clan. These groups can function on their own to some extent and can even have their own organization and ranks, as long as they do not break any of our fundamental rules (basically nothing intending to harm SeeD, a member of SeeD, or breaking one of Jagex's rules). The mercenary groups currently only exist in our RS faction.

Mercenary groups can also be referred to as mercenary teams or forces, as they have been in the past. Individuality is encouraged.

What about wars?
SeeD is not a warring clan. While it is possible for a war to occur, we try not to become involved so we can effectively remain neutral among all clans. This is because SeeD has no one-clan rule and can exist alongside other clans without conflicts. This means that if you wish to go to war, you can also join a warring clan in addition to SeeD. You can, however, discuss wars and whatnot in our applicable forums.

That's odd, what kind of clan is SeeD anyway?
We do not associate ourselves with any of the common categories of today. Back before the polarization between "skill clans" and "PKing clans", clans could define themselves, and we were commonly considered an "everything clan". We did a bit of everything and had a focus on our community. By today's standards we do not fit into a category, and we in fact enjoy being unique in our purposes.

What is SeeD's background?
I'd recommend checking out our history page.

What does the name "SeeD" stand for?
Nothing in particular, "SeeD" is Garden's mercenary force in Final Fantasy VIII. It is not required that you have played the game in order to belong (we are only loosely associated with it in terms and organization), nor do we require that it is your preference of a FF game if you have. bluetongue.gif It's just the organization we chose to base ourselves around in the beginning, and the idea stuck.

What else should I know? I really am feeling new here and don't know where to start or belong.
Fear not! Many of our members are more than willing to help with any questions you may have, and it is our goal to help you become accustomed to our clan. I would recommend that you post in the Lobby (near the top of the board index), and don't hesitate to contact a moderator or anyone with "SeeD" or "CurvedSpace" listed as their background. If a member can answer a question though, I would not recommend contacting an admin unless necessary because our response time may not be as quick as a moderator's (since we receive numerous PMs). If you do PM an admin and he/she does not respond immediately, just so you know, you're not being ignored. You will be answered at the earliest possible time depending on many factors.

What background?
One of the profile fields that pertain to your profile and image in SeeD. It can be edited in your control panel, and yes, there is an option to let those from UFF identify themselves as such. grnwink.gif

SeeD is in many ways a member-led clan, and we more than welcome UFF to join us. Perhaps together our clans can do what neither could do alone.

Welcome to SeeD, and I hope you enjoy our guild! umn.gif
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:32 AM

What else should I know? I really am feeling new here and don't know where to start or belong.
Fear not! Many of our members are more than willing to help with any questions you may have, and it is our goal to help you become accustomed to our clan. I would recommend that you post in the Lobby (near the top of the board index), and don't hesitate to contact a moderator or anyone with "SeeD" or "CurvedSpace" listed as their background. If a member can answer a question though, I would not recommend contacting an admin unless necessary because our response time may not be as quick as a moderator's (since we receive numerous PMs). If you do PM an admin and he/she does not respond immediately, just so you know, you're not being ignored. You will be answered at the earliest possible time depending on many factors.

Feel free to direct any questions to me to make the job of the admins easier. I'd love to help you guys out with the transfer, as was said in my other post. I promise I won't bite grnwink.gif
Alex

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:36 AM

Yep, Welcome to SeeD! biglaugh.gif

We're a pretty friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to come and chat. This place can seem a little intimidating at first, but once you get used to it a little it's no big deal. I hope you all enjoy yourselves here, and make sure to ask if you have any questions.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nate {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

Welcome all UFF's Hope You will enjoy your stay.

This post has been edited by Uncle Shadow: 19 November 2005 - 12:23 PM

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   covance0 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:05 AM

i had a question how do i get to this so called garden to become an official seeD???

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(covance0 @ Nov 20 2005, 06:05 AM)
i had a question how do i get to this so called garden to become an official seeD???
{lang:macro__view_post}

In your control panel (either from the "Personal CP" link on the left side of the portal or the "My Controls" link at the top of the undocked forums), hit "Edit Profile Info" and there is a Garden field a little bit down from the top.

All you need to do is edit this field and submit it, along with any other fields you would like to edit.

Hope this helps
Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   covance0 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:51 PM

thnx

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   G4meRZNet {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

nice site here, what do u host it on?

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   JohnR49 {lang:icon}

• Go for the Jugular
  • Icon

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:07 AM

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm.......................

To find the Host ...

look at the bottom of ANY page ...... 11doh.gif
Heron Soulflayer D/xx (20) ... GW <P><N>
__ Sunspear Castellan (8)

ElasAldwulf ... Last Chaos (C3)

Symon Lang ... (F2P) RuneScape

STAT AVG. = 69.1

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ?FaLLeN? {lang:icon}

• I have no life
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:12 AM

I just wanna welcome all of UFF to SeeD forums.Also i can answer questions if you have any and im only SeeD member (before the merge)on.
Runescape Name: TheSmurf

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ticktockclok {lang:icon}

• Retro Week!
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:04 PM

Have fun. Be scared. Of me. As I spam. To a hundred Gillyweed.
And now we have the quote of the day, from greenl2l: PLONGED!!!
IPB Image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   laneiskewl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

conf.gif conf.gif conf.gif guys im new i dont know something are you in the clan uff once you have registerd edited profile and everything on the site?

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   laneiskewl {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

i know this isnt the right topic but im new

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neilslayer91 {lang:icon}

• Neils and Asadorn(im in back), Bronze Ownage =p
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

lol
IPB Image
UFF Wilderness Marshall
IPB Image

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. (Plato)

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Bambi335 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 18 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

same here im new im just about to log on to Runescaoe right now check my profile to give me a member request only bambi335 thow. Cant wait to join your clan guys it lokks great

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users