CurvedSpace Forums: Remember the UFF Heritage - CurvedSpace Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Remember the UFF Heritage We do not submit to overlords!

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Visionary Founder of UFF
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:30 PM

Remember the heritage of the United Freedom Fighters Movement.

We DON'T submit to OVERLORDS!

Those who have betrayed us to join followers after themselves seek to control you and tell you what to do.

This is not what we did in UFF and not what we do now as the UFF Movement in SeeD.

Be indomitable! Let no one be the boss over you. Beware of those who betray us. Do not be fooled by their false friendships!

This is how UFF was founded. This war against overlords we continue.

I myself have only begun to fight!

THE UFF MOVEMENT HOMEPAGE, NOW IN SUPPORT AND RECRUITMENT OF SEED CLAN IN OUR MERGER WITH SEED, MAY BE FOUND AT...

http://dokimos.org/runescape

UFF CLAN VALUES ARE PRESENTED THERE.

POSTS BELOW ARE FROM THE UNITED FREEDOM FIGHTERS FORUM FROM PRIOR TO UFF'S MERGE WITH SEED CLAN.

THEY ARE PRESENTED HERE SO THAT WE MAY REMEMBER AND CONTINUE THE UNITED FREEDOM FIGHTERS MOVEMENT IN RUNESCAPE.

This post has been edited by dokimos0rg: 23 November 2005 - 05:05 PM

user posted imageuser posted image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:43 PM

UFF PRIME DIRECTIVE

The United Freedom Fighters clan "prime directive' is that your character is yours.

In this clan no one has the right to make the rules for your character.

Jagex indeed has its rules for Runescape which we abide by. Howbeit, this UFF clan has no rules.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

SIBLING RIVALRY

I have noted 3 distinct cases of disagreements between blood brothers or between blood brothers and sisters among members of United Freedom Fighters clan.

I have also noted times where such disagreements have been resolved as they have taken membership together in UFF clan.

Such disputed matters between blood related UFF clan members should be resolved quickly and peacefully and not to involve the clan unless such matters truly involve this clan.

I exhort that all members of UFF clan who have relatives in this clan to work in a united fashion, according to this clan's values and not to be divided in Runescape.

Such division between siblings creates a dishonor for them.

Let your mutual family membership within United Freedom Fighters clan be a cause for happy agreement between you. At least you can find agreement in this game and in our clan.

To further comment, may I add that unity between siblings in Runescape is a great strength to such players and also to UFF clan as a whole.

They can accomplish much more together than they could apart.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

WHO IS A UFF?

Being a United Freedom Fighter is something a Runescape player discovers he or she is in the game. The UFF clan is a collective of such players.

A United Freedom Fighter is a Runescape player who does not believe in having to submit to restrictive clan rules. As UFF clan has no rules but values of freedom, such players find a home with us.

A United Freedom Fighter will enjoy this freedom for himself or herself in Runescape and will likewise respect and defend the freedom of others.

WHO IS NOT A UFF?...

A recent test regarding our values was an applicant who fully accepted our no-rules value for our clan but also happened to actively seek to break Jagex's rules of Runescape and lead others to do the same.

This was the first applicant who was forthrightly declined membership in UFF as he was not one with us in values.

Our clan has no rules but Jagex has rules for Runescape which we must abide by. This is included in the values of our UFF clan.

UFF Clan is not a rule-making clan but neither are we a rule-breaking clan either.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

UFF IS A MOVEMENT

United Freedom Fighters clan is not so much what a Runescape player joins but what a player discovers he or she is.

The list of members only is a recognition of who is amongst us. Not everyone who is a United Freedom Fighter is listed as many discover they are one with us, work together with, fight together with us.

No one decides who is a member in UFF, not even the visionary clanleader. The visionary clanleader does though function to recognize those who have joined us by embrasing our UFF values.

Consequentially, no one gets kicked out of UFF but they can leave us by turning away from our shared values of freedom.

More peripherally, we have friends in other clans who are sympathetic toward our movement for freedom from clan rules. These friends, as yet, have not seperated from such rules themselves but grow more inclined to such.

Other friends, who have not joined any clan nor applied for UFF clan also are part of this clan in another peripheral sence.

It is not a matter of IN or OUT with UFF. The picture is as a circle with circles within. The center circle represents the values of UFF.

Where and what a player is in UFF is demonstrated by how close they reflect the UFF values in Runescape in their actions.

The outer circles are friends of UFF in other clans. The middle circles are members of UFF. The inner circles are those who are active amongst us.

Anyone can be a leader in UFF and be in the inner circles if they just do that by demonstrating UFF values in Runescape.

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

ARE YOU A UNITED FREEDOM FIGHTER OR A CRYBABY?

I have heard a lot of crybaby attitudes about what happened in the wilderness on our last pk trip.

"I ain't your Momma, boy!"

Those who complain and spread discouragement in this clan with their attitudes should be ashamed of themselves.

They embarass themselves sounding like noobs. You know the kind why cry, "Oh, I got pked and lost my rune! Boo hoo!".

Oh, please spare me! Where is your honor and pride for your clan?

Yes, people get backstabbed, betrayed and pked in the wilderness. So do I and I'm not acting like that.

Don't get mad at your UFF clan for those who betrayed you and us. Get even! Let's nail the traitor together! Doing that will be fun too!

Making rules in our clan will not prevent that, so don't whine to me about it and ask me to change the world for you.

Threatening to leave this clan is the poorest display of crybabyness around. Actually doing it will just make matters worse for oneself and others.

As a United Freedom Fighter you die as often as you do for the cause of freedom.

So what that you lost full rune? I lost it twice in one day! No big deal.

If you want things better it is not up to me to do it for you, it is up to you.

Victory is not sold in the drugstores in bottles, therefore, neither I nor anyone else can give you victory by handing it to you.

If you want victory, you have to go through the battle. You are in a clan at war. Be strong in character.

Death before dishonor.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

LOANING TO OTHERS IS DISCOURAGED

Equitable trading is encouraged.
Loaning is to be discouraged.

Those who say, "Give it to me now. I'll pay back. I promise!" may be scamming you.

If they are not scamming you then since they owe you they yet may be discouraged to be your friend and may shy away from you for fear of having to pay back the loan.

Someone receiving a loan may end up a player worse than even a begging noob! Loaning to others is not a good practice.

Therefore it is not good to ask others for a loan of gp nor items. This demonstrates begging noobery of one of the worse kinds. We encourage straight forward trading.

Loaning to others puts the debter in slavery to his debt, therefore the practice of loaning gp or items is discouraged.

We should not be making indentured servants of others as United Freedom Fighters. It is a conflict of both the interests and the values of our UFF clan.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

MAKING FRIENDS IN RUNESCAPE

If I give to a player then I've taught him to beg like a noob for he will expect more.

If I loan to a player then I've lost a friend for he will fear having to pay back.

If I trade with a player then I build a business relationship and make a friend.

-dokimos0rg

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:50 PM

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RULES AND VALUES

It has been said by some that there seems to be little difference between the rules of other clans and the values of our own UFF Clan.

Therefore, please let me explain the difference...

Rules are the formal mode of operation for clanning.
Values are the social mode of operation for clanning.

The formal mode of operating a clan, by rules, leaves the door open for the autocratic lordship of bosses to step in. Contrarywise, the UFF clan values have the natural response to close the door on such bosses.

This is why we have said, and how we understand it, that clan rules enslave while our clan values provide freedom.

UFF has dropped the formal mode of operation for clanning, with the exception of this forum, which must, even by federal laws worldwide, have operating rules.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:53 PM

HOW TO ADVANCE AND BECOME A LEADER IN UFF

I was wondering how long it will take to become a leader or become more than just a clan member. What do i have to do or how long do i have to be in the clan?

That all depends on you. If you do the work of by-example leadership in UFF clan, you are one.

The members list only acknowledges what people do in this clan.

We are not about pinning title labels on character names in flattery.

If you are a leader you will show it. Many want to be called leaders who aren't leaders. They aren't leaders simply because they don't lead.

Victory is not sold in bottles in a drug store conveniently. You have to go through the battle if you want the victory.

Likewise leadership is not achieved simply because someone calls you a leader. You have to be a leader to be a leader.

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

EDGEVILLE ADDRESS

First gathered meetings of the UNITED FREEDOM FIGHTERS

United Freedom Fighters clanleader dokimos0rg's Edgeville Address
September 30, 2005

Prove your loyalty by fighting beside your friends.

Refuse to accept defeat. Death before dishonor.

Do not fight and do not die without declaring your clan.

After your death quickly return to haunt your killer.

It is a good day to die and put to death your killer.

Return quickly to fight your killer so he knows that he has lost.

Have you pked someone today?

Excite others to the thrill of the battle.

He who dies not running away will live to fight the same day.

Return your dead friend's items. In his next life, his freindship will be your reward.

Make friends, not rules. Have the heart of teaming together.

Clan structuring leads to clan rules. Clan rules lead to player slavery.

It is the one who is bad at making friends who seeks to lord over others.

The one poor at friendships, quits the first chance he gets.

Keep your friends by not trying to control them with rules.

Threats do not make friends, therefore, don't try to control others in your clan.

Those disloyal to friendships make false friendships with each other.

Only a clan of noobs will trust a player who is disloyal to his friends.

Make friends by freeing players from the overlording tyrant.

A clan with requirements thinks its cool and above the rest
but it is just a club where only the gay people are invited.

Tell the other clan's members they make themselves slaves to rules.
Tell the clanleaders of other clans they make themselves slavemasters.

A true friend frees others from controling rules.
A false friend leads others to reject freedom values.

Make friends in other clans, not friends with other clans.

Punish the other clans in the wilderness by the sword
for it is not right for them to seek to control other players.

Be eager to unite with your friends in the battle for the victory ahead.

Be united standing in freedom as fighters. Don't be passive slaves in division.

Military divisions are what they are called, be one team instead.

Glory in the power of your clan, not in power over your clan.

Give a player a handout and you teach him to beg like a noob.

Loan a player an item and you will see neither the item nor the player again.

Teach a player how to get items to trade and you've become his mentor.

Save a player from being a noob by teaching him how to trade.

He who gives often to a noob, is twice one.

The fast fighting warrior is worthy of his food.

Let the wilderness warrior regain his armor and weapons with haste.

Do you like making items to trade? Be the ready supplier for the wilderness warrior.

The wilderness warrior and the tradesman are the best friends of each other.

Supply the wilderness warrior with provisions and you have fought the battle beside him.

Be free and be yourselves,

-dokimos0rg (Runescape player, a United Freedom Fighter)

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Red Sentinel {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

exuse me, but i think it's against the rule to doublepost... not sure about here but... can you please try to stick to 1 post? *asks as a friend*

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   dokimos0rg {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

Sorry about that. I wasn't familiar with that forum rule. I'll seek to avoid doing that in the future. singer.gif

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Fersken @ Nov 23 2005, 12:06 PM)
exuse me, but i think it's against the rule to doublepost... not sure about here but... can you please try to stick to 1 post? *asks as a friend*
{lang:macro__view_post}

There is no specific rule because double-posting could be necessary in a few cases. It's not recommended to do it unless necessary though, such as when adding a point to a post when the thread has numerous viewers (and someone would be likely to reply before you complete the edit).

Usually in reference posts we just do everything in one post at the top of the thread, but this may be different than on other sites so it's not a big deal.

There are a few implied "rules" that have come about naturally over time, but aren't actually rules. Just how members view things based on various situations we have come across. I think there is confusion among everyone at the moment because due to the increase in activity these "rules" are being put to the test, in a way. I'm going to write a thread in General Discussion listing these implied rules, both so SeeDs don't get wrongly annoyed with those who aren't familiar with them (since they aren't actually rules) and also to help new SeeDs become accustomed to the place.
Posted Image

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

We DON'T submit to OVERLORDS!

thats what i love about clans.... you find that theyre a bunch of idoits you can tell them to fo #$%^ themselves and leave

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users