• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

The Fiery Crescent Moon

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Crescens {lang:icon}

• Wings of Dreams
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

Fire is the only element of nature capable of expressing my frustration with my current life. Some random numbers to throw around...

Date: April 16, 2006
Semester: Spring 2006, second semester
Enrollment: University of Maryland, College Park
Current Credits (before this semester): 31
Prospective Credits (after this semester): 46
Current Major: Computer Science / Mathematics

The Comp Sci major is making my life a living hell these days. Projects are obnoxious, Project design is teaching us to meet petty tests rather than accomplish what tests are actually supposed to accomplish, teaching and grading of tests/projects in CMSC132 are atrocious. Very much considering dropping the double major and just going with Math as my major.

Taking Differential Equations and Number Theory over the summer. Set to take Calculus III, whatever the next comp sci course is, Intensive German, and Scholars Practicum next Fall.

Damn this is focusing way too much on work-related stuff. Whatever, so is my life.

While already taking Calculus II (should've taken it last semester and Calculus III this semester, but I had to be stupid), CMSC132, PHYS161 (Physics I for Engineering Majors, above what I needed to take or should've taken...), and getting the Humanities-Literature core out of the way with a Greek and Roman Mythology course (quite a lot of reading...), I'm working ten hours (couldn't be more convenient of a location to work though) a week in addition to my workload and just keeping up with life.

This semester sucks. Come back next year.
Cspace - "Eagles may soar but turkeys don't get sucked into jet engines" says:
I bow to the supreme wrath of Lord Crescens.

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(Crescens @ Apr 16 2006, 05:34 PM)
Fire is the only element of nature capable of expressing my frustration with my current life. Some random numbers to throw around...

Date: April 16, 2006
Semester: Spring 2006, second semester
Enrollment: University of Maryland, College Park
Current Credits (before this semester): 31
Prospective Credits (after this semester): 46
Current Major: Computer Science / Mathematics

The Comp Sci major is making my life a living hell these days. Projects are obnoxious, Project design is teaching us to meet petty tests rather than accomplish what tests are actually supposed to accomplish, teaching and grading of tests/projects in CMSC132 are atrocious. Very much considering dropping the double major and just going with Math as my major.

Taking Differential Equations and Number Theory over the summer. Set to take Calculus III, whatever the next comp sci course is, Intensive German, and Scholars Practicum next Fall.

Damn this is focusing way too much on work-related stuff. Whatever, so is my life.

While already taking Calculus II (should've taken it last semester and Calculus III this semester, but I had to be stupid), CMSC132, PHYS161 (Physics I for Engineering Majors, above what I needed to take or should've taken...), and getting the Humanities-Literature core out of the way with a Greek and Roman Mythology course (quite a lot of reading...), I'm working ten hours (couldn't be more convenient of a location to work though) a week in addition to my workload and just keeping up with life.

This semester sucks. Come back next year.
{lang:macro__view_post}

Well I'm sure it will all get better, especially when you're rolling in the BIG BUCKS and your friends are rolling in the BIG DIRT, because they never went to learn the GOOD STUFF! biglaugh.gif Have fun d00d, hopefully you'll be on more eventually. bluetongue.gif

~ Me

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Crescens {lang:icon}

• Wings of Dreams
  • Icon

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:20 AM

ANIME OF THE MONTH

Fate / Stay Night

GAME OF THE MONTH

Suikoden V

CAT OF THE MONTH

Magik (and Phumba too even though he's been misbehaving lately...)

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Crescens {lang:icon}

• Wings of Dreams
  • Icon

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:17 PM

Finished up the worst semester ever with a pathetic 3.27, probably bringing my overall college GPA for the first year down to about a 3.4. *sigh*

On a just-about-completely-random note, I've been very inactive in the community this past year (and the year before too) due to other obligations. However, my Duck Hunt record from several years ago still stands.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Star Jedi {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:14 PM

Naw, don't drop your double major Cresky.. you're only a freshman icon_sweatdrop.gif From all I know, you worked as hard as you could this year, including many overnights o.o;; The major you're going for does sound hard, but when you're done with it, you'll feel pretty accomplished. Your GPA isn't as horrible as you're making it sound..bah bluetongue.gif

Best of luck through the summer and next year, too ^_^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users