#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

Information from the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic site:
Located on the Outer Rim, in the very fringes of Republic space, the grandeur of the city- world of Taris was once said to rival the galactic capital of Coruscant itself. But the glory of ancient Taris has long since faded, and much of the once magnificent metropolis has fallen into ruin and disrepair.

The rich and powerful have segregated themselves in the Upper City, dwelling in the highest reaches of the towering skyscrapers that dominate the planet's landscape. Here the nobility surround themselves with the trappings of prosperity, oblivious to the suffering of those who are forced to dwell far below them.

Descending into the slums of the Lower City, the signs of urban decay become undeniable. Filth and refuse litter the streets, and burned out vehicles and shattered windows serve as stark reminders of the violent wars of the swoop gangs vying for control. Citizens of the Lower City - non-human aliens and those not born into the privileged classes of society - struggle to survive amidst the permacrete wasteland, clinging to the small hope that they may one day escape their grim and violent surroundings.

But at least those in the Lower City have hope. For those banished beneath the planet's surface – the Outcasts – all hope is gone. Those driven into the dark and sunless world of the Undercity must band together in small villages in a wretched, never-ending struggle to survive. Starvation and disease claim many, and the rakghouls - mutated, flesh-eating monsters who dwell in the sewers beneath Taris - claim even more.

Above all this misery, the Upper City shines and the nobility live a life of wealth and comfort. But even they are vulnerable, for Taris is located far from the protection of the Galactic Core and the Republic fleet. And the Sith Armada has taken notice.

Note that this is all four thousand years before the movies take place.

So what became of Taris? Scroll down to see (SPOILER FOR KotOR)...

Spoiler:

Simply put, the planet-wide city was destroyed by a Sith fleet's bombardment of the planet from space. It is mostly unknown what happened after that, but Taris does indeed exist and is populated during the time of SWG (it exists in the game 'Empire At War' in a similar partially rebuilt state).

Anyway, just thought I'd post a brief summary so we all know basically what Taris is.
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

The name sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe it was in Tie Fighter? FYI: Tie Fighter = best star wars game EVER made.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   NeoDraven {lang:icon}

• Esthar Leader/TARIS Co-Leader
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

Taris-------- The Neighbouring Planet in the Outer Rim nearby Corellia and otherwise known as the Cousin Planet of Talus---------- Taris was rebuilt after the Jedi Council was reborn and brought into fruition on coruscant Rebuilding the City Planet of Taris was initiated after the Sith Wars had ended and was not completed due to the initiation of 3 wars the United Droid Federation Wars followed by the Clone Wars then followed by the the Galactic Civil War between the Rebel faction that goes against the Imperialistic Ideals of Emperor Palpattine. Taris is now a Planet filled with more than 3 cities but not as glorious as it was 40,000 years ago.
(I'm getting this from my Star Wars Novels)

How the Planet could have had survivors was by the surviving members of the Undercity who seemed to survive the bombardment of the Sith Bombings.
Afterwards the Outcasts resurfaced over 15 years after the bombardment of Taris (5 years after KOTRII) and started rebuilding Taris by building small villages.
<a href="http://www.cspacezone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28996" target="_blank">Elghinn Zotreth (The Warrior, Main Darkstorm Character</a>

"I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
I have created over thousand blades.
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create many weapons,
Waiting for one's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was 'Unlimited Blade Works"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users