CurvedSpace Forums: Citizenship, Maintenance, And Placement Of The Town - CurvedSpace Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Citizenship, Maintenance, And Placement Of The Town

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:00 AM

Good news... If one checks around the SWG forums, it seems that the citizenship requirement is now 5 as opposed to 10... Even though the deed says 10, it was apparently changed to 5 with publish 28. It seems a little blurry, but this seems to be the case... We should check further into it though before assuming that it went to the live servers that way.

Also, good news, weekly costs are apparently down quite a bit.

However, I urge you to take a very close look at the planet we're going to build on. Count the towns, including those not registered on the map. Also check which ranks are filled up. You can't just establish a city and plop down a shuttleport, it requires a certain rank, and each rank is limited as well. To get a higher rank we need people, as well as the spot to be open for the town to advance. Towns of higher ranks aren't going anywhere soon, and condemned houses won't hurt their ranks. If the spots aren't available now, don't rest our existence on them becoming available later, because chances are that we'll wait a long time (and when and if the time comes we'll be in heavy competition with others to get the slot).

Towns without shuttleports are really crippled when it comes to getting more people as well, while towns with shuttleports grab people much more easily. No one will want a long trip into the middle of nowhere to get to their houses after all. This will further inhibit the town and make it a burden, since unless the opening exists to advance, all it will really be is a collection of player structures with a small named region around them that isn't on the map.

We will also need to plan out the zoning, right at the beginning, because once we start it will be really difficult (if not impossible) to change. In terms of appearance, a collection of buildings will not match a planned out layout with open areas, merchant areas, and other zones.

I just think that we are jumping on this a little too quickly, especially with us staking out territory on the most populated planet on a decently populated server. I think this can happen and succeed, don't get me wrong, but I'm just stating my concerns for what I think may hold us back in the future.
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   NeoDraven {lang:icon}

• Esthar Leader/TARIS Co-Leader
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:33 AM

Yeah I just read this after downloading some MP3s for while where on SWG anyways, I think we should try Rori or possible Corellia.
<a href="http://www.cspacezone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28996" target="_blank">Elghinn Zotreth (The Warrior, Main Darkstorm Character</a>

"I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
I have created over thousand blades.
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create many weapons,
Waiting for one's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was 'Unlimited Blade Works"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users