Tips For Successful PKing post your ideas here

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 08 December 2002 - 04:58 PM

I was thinking that now that we have a PKing forum, we should have a thread regarding tips for successful PKing. Feel free to post all of your ideas, including any aspects of PKing (recommended armor, best spots to PK, etc.).

Note: PKing = PlayerKilling

Here are a few I came up with:

- Two handed swords (of any type) are generally the most effective weapons in the wilderness.

- Only attack those with skulls over their heads, this way if you beat him/her you'll get everything he/she was carrying!

- Remember that in the lower level wilderness, you won't be in danger of really high level PKers. To see who can attack you, add the wilderness level to your combat level. Those above that total cannot attack you! So don't just run away every time you see a high level PKer come up to you. grnwink.gif

- If an archer attacks you (with arrows), don't run. If you do, you'll just keep being shot at. You stand a better chance, in many situations, if you attack the archer. If he/she didn't expect it, he/she may not have brought a weapon other than a bow. In this case, you could have a big advantage over the PKer.

- If you want to just find armor laying on the ground, go to the steel chest respawn in the lava maze and switch to other servers. After a while, you may find armor laying on the ground from someone attempting to get the steel chest in the middle of the lesser demons. biglaugh.gif

Post all of your ideas here as well!
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 08 December 2002 - 05:02 PM

For the part about adding the wild lvl to my combat level, I don't want to stand there and do the math. I just run! outtahere.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 08 December 2002 - 05:07 PM

You don't necessarily have to do any math, but it would be obvious if a level 90 comes up to you in the level 15 wilderness if you're level 50 grnwink.gif

A trick that I use is to always keep in mind the maximum level that can attack me. I do this by counting onto my combat level as I go deeper into the wilderness. If you don't want to constantly count onto your level, you can stop every once in a while and see what the maximum would be. I find it very helpful, and sometimes fun when a high level tries to kill me biglaugh.gif
Posted Image

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xemem {lang:icon}

• Runescape old timer...Been on rs, since rs has been.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 December 2002 - 11:40 PM

What I like doing when someone better is tryin ta attack me is run till I reach the exact point where they cant attack stand there and tuant them biglaugh.gif rotate.gif

as for tips...hmmm...

- its good to check the wildy map so ya know where exactly points of danger are for you. you should never have to just wander apon a situation that can kill you. know where your limits are, the places that just arnt safe for you to go.

- when in wildy you should almost always keep that lil map up. Cuase in there its always a good Idea to note where things are before you can see them up close. to help ya with that, you should keep the map angeled so that the compass is opisite of the direction ur going. that affords you an optimum veiw of ur surroundings. and in the more tightly packed areas(that have mines builds and such) shift the angel side to side(ike a hammer head shark, or a metal detector does). cuase in an inclosed area its good to see a lil more. you have more of a chance of getting cuaght in an inclosed space then out in the open forest.

- if you are going to respawn points and have no intentions of fighting. try doing it when theres very few ppl on the servers. youll by doing that and server hoping it makes ur job alot easier.

-server hopping can be more important in wildy then any where else at times. but it takes so long to close out then reopen the rs window...well there is a quicker way. when you log out go to the grey part of the window(like next to the banner adds), rite click and click back on the options that will pop down. that will take you rite back to the server selection list. this methode can be up to 4 times faster then closing out and reopening the rs window.

- when ever you make a good kill, be sure to go strait to ur bank and deposite the spiols. ya never should just try to make one more and then go, cuase ya just dont know when things can go horibey wrong.

-its always good to have a partner. not only that 2 is better then 1. but it gives you a good chance of getting ur stuff back if you die as ur partner will be able to grab what ever they can and run....

well thats all I can think of rite now sry it was so long winded lol. biglaugh.gif thumb.gif coolgleamA.gif
Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   crusher90 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 22 December 2002 - 07:21 PM

hey waht up i am a master pker at lvl 53 TheSmile.gif and i jsut got 6 rune 2hs and 13 rune longs in 2 weeks:) thumb.gif

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Spiket25 {lang:icon}

• Tessa my dog who passed away german sheapard age of 10
  • Icon

Posted 24 December 2002 - 12:28 AM

acually cspace this may be good to be added!

Well RUN! WHEN UR CHASED EVEN IF THEY HAVENT ATTACKED U! CAUSE THEY ONLY CHASE U WHEN THEY KNOW THEY CAN KILL U!
Damino ShadowHunter from Shral Valeron

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   adraco {lang:icon}

• Bounty Hunter
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:04 PM

I agree with Cspace and know who can and cant attack me. Also what erson said about the taunting is great. There isnt to much more angry to a pker than getting taunting on level away from your prey. screama.gif
btw were is a wildy map i wanna see it
user posted image

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Briannia {lang:icon}

• i n s a n e Member
  • Icon

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:39 AM

~If you can do a teleport, take a teleport spell in case you really think you will die

That's all i can think of at the moment.. sad.gif outtahere.gif

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   richard 88 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 02 March 2003 - 07:40 PM

-when u go pkin always b sure to take plenty of food. not meat!! trout or some thing. i agree that 2hs are the best for pkin and monkes robes if u r pure with prayer. if any1 want trout or pike jus giv me a shout i will sort u out wiv sum !!!!! thumb.gif thumb.gif

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   rabk {lang:icon}

• Bureau of Statistical Anomolies
  • Icon

Posted 18 April 2003 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (adraco @ Feb 20 2003, 07:04 PM)
btw were is a wildy map i wanna see it

Try this one... I use it all the time. You can also click on any of the mines to bring up a map of the rocks it contains. thumb.gif

As regards running, always run in a diagonal direction (i.e., due north or west). It is very difficult to catch someone who runs this way.

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Last Saiyan0 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 01 May 2003 - 01:48 AM

Another good thing to add is to have a higher strength lvl. So that way you can pk them when they think they are safe on hitpoints. It also keeps ur combat lvl lower than lvling everything up. So that way you can attack some lower prey too.

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   CongressJon {lang:icon}

• Alias Hyperfried
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2003 - 06:10 PM

I've also heard that if you are the pkr, and you're trying to catch someone, it helps to send them trade requests. I've heard that it can (not will) possibly give them small to liberal amounts of lag. (I think it may be affective if you're running too! outtahere.gif )
Senior Member / Intellectual Crusader

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   LordDragoonX {lang:icon}

• True Blue
  • Icon

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:56 PM

well one thing i always do is i buy leather armor and gloves and in my inventory i have my full armor and weapon then you where only the leather armor and gloves and go into the wild then if somebody attack you get out youre armor and weapon and fight it is a very good tricked it worked for me and and it will be a very good suprise to them
user posted image

We march... We march to war... We march... We fight... We are Spartans. Blood will fall, but it will not be ours... We march... Sparta is war reborn... we are the children of war... We are Spartans.
I am Leonidas, and this is my story. I have met the wolf, felt its bite, and I have survived. These new wolves are neverending, but Sparta will show true might. Though we fall, still we will come for we are war incarnate. I have started this, and so must I finish it. Xerxes shall die, this I, Leonidas, warlord of Sparta, do say. This is the story of the 300... the story of Spartan heroism. Though we bled the ground red at Thermopolyae, still we live on.
War is Sparta, We are Spartans. We are War!

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nicholas727 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Post icon  Posted 06 June 2003 - 01:49 PM

i think i have an idea (havent tried it yet though) in wildy (the trick is more useful in level 1 wildy) team up with another swordsman and when you attack some1 get the other guy to keep on clicking on the the guy your fighting,so if he runs he will get caught by your friend and you can repete the processs until hes dead,it also helps you if your runing away.(your friend stops him from chasing) please note that it might not work cause i just said it at the top of my head without trying it.Can someone please tell me if it works? (if it does it would be pretty darn useful cause people always run away in level 1 wildy)

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   puzz {lang:icon}

• I am weasel!
  • Icon

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:39 AM

ok this is how to attack with no skul u get
1st shoot at them with a bow they well get mad and attack
2nd take out a weapon when they attack u
user posted image
Seed Name:Red falco
Darkstrom name:Puzas
Race:Grome
Class:Jester
Hometown:Frionia

Cloths:
Jester outfit +30 hp
Jester staff (power to make people laugh)
UC:4

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users