CurvedSpace Forums: UFF Movement has been censored. - CurvedSpace Forums

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

UFF Movement has been censored. UFFs please use alternate UFF movement clan forums.

#91 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ratty {lang:icon}

• Bigrat2
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:22 AM

We are intervening because UFF is on the SeeD forums. We will not allow SeeD, Let alone UFF, be defaced with flaming.

To say it clearer; What is posted on UFF forums, is seen on the SeeD forums.

This means that when people browse the forums, and happen to stumble across the UFF forum, that they should not have to put up with flaming, insults etc.

If this means closing/editing(cleaning) your threads, then so be it.

so stop saying I am doing anything .

Fredie, Neither of us have jumped on you, saying that you personally have done anything wrong. So please don't accuse us of saying that you have.
Empty sig is empty.

#92 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(Miami Man @ Jun 19 2006, 01:10 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Chaz said he was to cancel it, so why let the insults continue (or happen at all?). I don't see why you are all jumping my case when I was helping you, but maybe you just jump on the bandwagon and listen to your leader and believe everything he says.

you havent bigrat but agaain its not you who ive told like 6 times that your doing a good joob its just that we would like to be left alone and then he post that and says im jumping on the bandwagon and listen to everythings doki says i am an independent person with my own thoughts i dont just do domething because my leader does i feel im being attacked by miami man just because i think

PS: no hard feelings just wanted to get this strait thank you.
heres my soppurting topic again incease you didnt here me
QUOTE(Fredie21 @ Jun 19 2006, 12:01 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

this one star jedi is right you are taking the radical way alot of the mods are here to help im sure maimi man didnt mean anything by this and is just tring to do what he think is right but you are a little to hectic with this curropt seed thing

PS: dont generalize seed by what few members do i have met a lot of good seed members.
Though i will defend UFF against anyone who flames us.

This post has been edited by Fredie21: 19 June 2006 - 01:49 AM

#93 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ratty {lang:icon}

• Bigrat2
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:51 AM

Definition of 'Jumping on the bandwagon'

Continuing with previous actions of other people.
Going with the flow.
etc. etc.

Miami Mans post was not negative in any way. Dokimos started a thread which was negative towards Miami Man, I don't see a single UFF making sense of the actual situation at hand, and having positive views of Miami Man.

He was singled out, and like a flock of chickens in Zelda:OOT, you all swarmed him. That is what I have noticed, anyway.

To be honest, I dont see many UFF members disagreeing with Doki... Are there UFF people that disagree with Doki?

Empty sig is empty.

#94 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:54 AM

again doki feels that seed is curropt i dont think so he feels mods are givin to much power i dont think so i disagree with him on many topics even though he is the leader i still have a mind you know. i also never said miami man never did anything wrong i just said it would be nice to be left alone please dont make me feel like me and doki are the same because were not wee tottally dif people with tottally different minds i just dont think its right for you to pair me up with him.

PS: Miami man i have nothing against you i d onot follow dokis every order i believe you are a good mod and i believe doki over reacted to the situation please understand i just want nothing but unity between the two clans.
your not hated by every one miami not by me atleast

This post has been edited by Fredie21: 19 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

#95 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ratty {lang:icon}

• Bigrat2
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Fredie)

again doki feels that seed is curropt i dont think so he feels mods are givin to much power i dont think so i disagree with him on many topics even though he is the leader i still have a mind you know.

Ok

Are you sure you want to disagree with Doki?

The last time I saw someone publically disagree with him and his values, He called them 'gay' and/or a 'noob'. I somehow disbelieve that he would call you these words.

He confronts and attacks people, saying that we are corrupt, and that we treat UFF badly... When even he has double standards with treating members, Depending on their origin.

EDIT: Hehe, Editted your post while i was typing this bluetongue.gif

Thank you, Fredie. Miami Man is a respected moderator of the forums, and i'm sure that he wants unity in the two clans as well.

BTW, We are not discussing your behaviour fredie, We're talking about how Doki has dealt with the situation.
Empty sig is empty.

#96 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

i am free to think and say this if doki is mad at me for this then fine but i firmly take my toll here.

Im sure thats all any of us want right.

ahh you keep editing too i was just saying that me and doki have seperate minds and not every thinks the same as doki on every thing.

This post has been edited by Fredie21: 19 June 2006 - 02:13 AM

#97 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:17 AM

As for what I believe caused this, flaming aside...

A declaration of war?

If I am correct about this, it was a misunderstanding. UFF doesn't realize some of the ways SeeD conducts itself in this respect, and not all SeeDs realize that UFF can function on its own to a logical extent with regards to this. There was a time when we had a lot of bogus war threads, as well as a situation where we had someone wanting war for personal reasons for nobody's benefit. So SeeD's Runescape Faction became a little "anti-war" to back away from the people trying to hold us back, and for those who may not know otherwise, nothing changed.

Miami Man was one personally involved with these situations, and he probably misinterpreted our stance on wars (as many have) and linked it to UFF.

Also, we allow freedom of expression, but flaming rules do exist. The moderators' attention has been brought here by the things going on, and we really cannot selectively allow what the guidelines say shouldn't be posted. To do something about flaming here is an attempt to assist UFF, because when the insults get to a certain point people are only hurt; nothing can realistically benefit.

I will ask that UFF doesn't flip out over one moderator and one situation where threads were closed. We have a forum devoted to appealing such actions, and the mod team is receptive to it. It may be down at the bottom, but it is practically right next to the Moderator Discussion forum, so they will see it.

The very last thing we would do is censor anyone. This is something I have personally been stressing to the mod team almost throughout our existence, and if anything was done contrary to this it was not intentional.

So I ask for a little understanding on this, for SeeD is in no way trying to get in the way of UFF. If we didn't care about UFF, we wouldn't be going through all we're doing to try to help. I know that some of the insults to the mod team are getting to a few of them, but it really isn't necessary, and I am glad that the majority of the team is responsible enough to hold back.

Again, if something was done incorrectly by a mod, remember that it can easily be appealed. We have that forum down there for the purpose of preventing censorship and abuse.
Posted Image

#98 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:28 AM

Capace the person that has the most trouble with it is dokimos i dont have a problem with it at all and then Maimi man just sorta defended himself which i understand so thats basically it.

#99 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:51 AM

When something is moderated, it is usually for something major. This could have also been considered a part of a larger issue, and one we're trying to help UFF solve.

Closing threads is something we do to prevent censorship, since the thread remains in the open for people to view or appeal. If a thread is closed, it can often be appealed if there is a reason to open it. It's different than being deleted (which can sometimes be brought back anyway if necessary), where the discussion is removed entirely from view.

Although, closing a thread is usually an attempt to prevent a conflict, not censor an idea. Closing a thread prevents a discussion to continue for its duration, and is not an attempt to prevent expression or remove ideas from the forums.

At least, that's the way we've usually considered it here.

But I still can't stress this enough, so I'll say it again... The Headmaster's Office forum is there for when a mistake is made. The mod team cannot be perfect, so that forum is taken very seriously for circumstances in which something needs to be brought up.

There is little that a moderator can do that is necessarily final on our site.

Very sorry for the misunderstanding. icon_sweatdrop.gif
Posted Image

#100 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zandabyte {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:17 AM

i still think that mods should keep out of the uff it was better when u did not try to help.

ps:big rat zellda OOT was not the frist zelda game to have a mil chikons attack u bluetongue.gif

#101 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:26 AM

its ok cspace is just that dokimos over reacted

#102 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:41 AM

I see that this is basically "over" and I would like to give my "services" for people on these forums/website. I welcome, at any time, for people to email me at kimojuno(at)kimojuno.net -- if you get errors email kimojuno(at)gmail.com -- MAKE SURE TO PUT "SEED" OR "UFF" IN SUBJECT (just so I don't think it's spam). If you want to MSN me, feel free to at wildwing5(at)hotmail.com, and of course the (at)'s are @ - trying not to be spammed by search engines. bluetongue.gif

I would also like to note, even though I do see we're basically through here, that even when a super moderator does something, we're always VERY careful of how and why. The reasons are because we have a STRICT ruleset that we have to follow, and as Cspace stated the Head Masters Office can be used to report actions you believe was/were/are wrong, however you shouldn't mention moderators by name (all moderation is logged, so Cspace can easily find out such things).

I also wanted to note, and I know there are plenty of people who believe we're doing good, that if you feel SeeD isn't close to / hates UFF there are many who don't, and I know there are some who aren't / do feel that way. And I do apoligize for such people, we are (and yes, I have) talking to those who do, and we are not just "coming down" on people in UFF. It's just when we see flaming / anything else against the rules then we tend to react, many of us without thinking much, and although I do personally believe Base was right. I do think people just over reacted, and perhaps he did, as I haven't completely read everything (I've read a bit, though).

I also just wanted to state something, I notice a few people in UFF who stated that because you have your own garden people need to stay away, and yes I know not everyone stated this, but to be quite honest (not trying to flame here), but in my oppinion I think everyone should follow cspacezone.com's rules. If anyone noticed the banner says www.cspacezone.com, and I know people tend to look at those here as SeeDs and UFFs, but I really do believe we have a lot in common. And I also believe we should follow the same basic rules, especially the forum rules, although I do admit we have many different laws and beliefs, I think we can learn to get along. I have nothing against ANY UFF / SeeD, and do believe once again we should and could get along.

Summary:

And to finish up here, as I am trying not to cause any more harm here, SeeDs shouldn't disrespect UFFs either and viceversa. I believe it can be quite easy to get along, and I have nothing against Doki or anyone else for that matter. But I do think it was people just had a bad day, who knows, although so far from what I've read (all seven pages in this topic, woo!) but anyway I think if everyone just took a step back and tried to see everyone in a different view we'd all get along. Anyway I'm getting tired and losing my train of thought, so basically EVERYONE stop feeding the ducks, and get along! biglaugh.gif (Again, I know everyones basically done, but I came on late and I wanted to rant a bit icon_sweatdrop.gif)

NOTE: Moderators do NOT get paid, if we didn't like these forums we would NOT be here, yep!

QUOTE(Me @ Top Of Post)

I see that this is basically "over" and I would like to give my "services" for people on these forums/website. I welcome, at any time, for people to email me at kimojuno(at)kimojuno.net -- if you get errors email kimojuno(at)gmail.com -- MAKE SURE TO PUT "SEED" OR "UFF" IN SUBJECT (just so I don't think it's spam). If you want to MSN me, feel free to at wildwing5(at)hotmail.com, and of course the (at)'s are @ - trying not to be spammed by search engines. bluetongue.gif

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#103 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Elvenblader {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:43 AM

From what it looks like to me, Dorkimos is trying to play the victim role. He talks about how the United Freeom Fighters are a minority that have been insulted, hated, walked over. The moderators are only doing their job. I understand that the UFF has a very rocky past. Using your past to justify calling Seed's Administrator and Moderators "Oppressive Overlords" is not an excuse for disrespecting another person. Not everyone is Seed is perfect. I admit that I have been disrespectful to people in the past, but that does not give me a right to say "Oh look at me, I'm oppressed and am a victim." Rather than throw out insults, take a look at yourself and see what part you had in this. Then take responsibility for what you did. No matter who you are, we each have a part to play in Seed and the United Freedom Fighters. Whether your a moderator or just another member, you need to respect people.

Dokimos, I see that your against exclusive clanning. It seems to me that you disagree with Cspace's opinion on exclusive clanning. You two should agree to disagree. I mean if everyone agreed all the time, it would be a very one sided world. But that is not the case. I dont think everyone in Seed or the UFF will agree with you on every little thing. It's the way it is, there is no way around it.

This post has been edited by Elvenblader5: 19 June 2006 - 03:46 AM

A Proud Member of the VGVN

One World, One People

"A Bullet Between the Eyes Equals Ultimate Demise" -Insane_Maniac-

#104 {lang:macro__useroffline}   kilobite0 {lang:icon}

• TøÑGå_TØWñ™....©
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:49 AM

so this means theres no more uff in seed? back to the old forums ftw?

#105 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Fredie21 {lang:icon}

• ME, Im in Centra now
  • Icon

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:01 AM

Your right kimo we should have the same furom rules i just wanted to know if we can have a UFF moderator to moderate this section of the furoms dokimos isnt the most active person thank you for listening

PS:Moderator should come form UFF so he understand things.

And no kilo were not hopefully this will be all settled.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users