Fanfiction Contest!

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Post icon  Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

I conducted a recent poll regarding the contests in which everyone would like to participate, and a contest of this type came out on top. So we're having a fanfiction contest!

So here's the deal... Everyone who wants to enter will have to write a story of some sort that relates to a game. It can be online or offline, and the genre doesn't matter. You can also involve multiple games if you wish. It just has to be game-related.

Guidelines? None, really, they get in the way of creativity. Just keep the submissions fairly clean.

Oh, and for Cactuar's sake, don't copy something that someone else wrote. nonono2.gif

In the end, there will be a poll in which everyone can vote for their favorite. The winner will receive our first commendation! This is something new coming with the end of the contest, where certain awards are displayed in applicable members' profiles in the topic view. In addition, if any DarkStorm players enter, I will give 10,000 Cinii to the player who's fanfic is ranked highest. It's possible to get 10,000 Cinii as well as a commendation. Everyone who enters a clean submission will have it added to our submission area for everyone to see from now on.

Two can be entered per person, and they will be ranked individually.

To post a submission, reply to this thread with your fanfic. It is recommended that you save the fanfic to your computer if you spend a decent amount of time on it, just in case an unlikely event happens to this thread.

The *current* deadline is December 1st

This time provided will not shorten. If absolutely necessary we may add a few days, but it is unlikely.

Good Luck icon_worship.gif
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

Ooo, sounds like fun!
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

Arf. Well the one I have right now is a constant work in progress. But I'll try to write one up here in the meantime for this if I can't add that in.
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE(Vasshu Za Sutanpiido @ Oct 14 2006, 06:06 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Arf. Well the one I have right now is a constant work in progress. But I'll try to write one up here in the meantime for this if I can't add that in.

Wouldn't be a problem, just keep in mind that votes will be for what is submitted by the deadline. The fanfics don't necessarily have to have a definite end grnwink.gif
Posted Image

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

Soundsa fun!!

If I can ever get my computer working sad.gif

*Kicks computer*

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zach The Mindfreak {lang:icon}

• One of many insanity masters.
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

Zamorak’s Hatrid
Author: Zach

Well here I am hanging at the Chaos Altar when I decide to write a story. I’m a great fan of Zamorak armor, and I love writing stories about different plots of ZAMORAK TAKING AWAY ALL THE RANDOM EVENTS BUT EVIL BOB! Only joking. I like to write different plots of Zamorak taking over RuneScape.

Part 1: It begins
Almost there.. thought Nabi, As he raced to the lair of the dreaded Greater Demons in the wilderness to meet his player killing buddies. He saw some Greater Demons and sighed with relief and took a break. He looked for the ruined building and snuck to it without any of the Demons noticing. He looked around. Nobody. “Anybody here??” Yelled Nabi. All of a sudden the Greater Demons turned towards the ruins. “Me and my big mouth…” Thought Nabi in his head. He slapped his “Nogin” as he called it and closed is eyes. When he removed his hand and opened his eyes, he was in total blackness. He looked around, and out of nowhere he saw a colossal Greater Demon appear from.. nowhere. The beast approached him and said, “Nabi, I am Zamorak.” “What an idiot..” Thought Nabi. All of a sudden “Zamorak” boomed at him. “Who are you calling an idiot?!” Nabi was terrified. “How did he—“ He stopped thinking. “Your really Zamorak?” asked Nabi, trembling. “Yes, and I have had my eye on you for months. You are the perfect person to be my apprentice and son.” Zamorak had said. “Wait.. wait wait wait wait.. you want me to be your… SON?!” Said Nabi, shocked yet confused. “YES! Now tell me. If you could have anything in the world, what would it be?” Zamorak said to him. “I don’t know.. being able to kill anybody anywhere and to obtain my life long dream of a red party hat?” Said Nabi, getting his hopes up. “I can see your thinking that I can give you that gift. Then maybe you’d like to be my son.” Said Zamorak while chuckling. “Yes. I accept to your offer.” Said Nabi, and then Zamorak snapped his fingers. As soon as he heard the sound, his runite platebody had red marks on it’s shoulders and what looked like a “W” in the center. Zamorak snapped again, and Nabi’s sword instantly turned into a staff. He snapped yet again and saw a red pointed hat on his head. “Yahoo! My red party hat!” Yelled Nabi in excitement. “You accepted the offer, and I have now changed your name. It is now Iban.” Zamorak snapped again and a dragon dagger with poison Nabi couldn’t identify appeared in front of him. “Now listen close. For your first task I need you to….”

Part Two: Defeat After Victory
Sprinting silently I climb up the stairs and surprise many archers and mages. I grab Zamorak’s team flag. I sprint and pant at the same time and go into the bases supply room. I grab some bandages and head for my own base. I get to the middle and all of a sudden a shadow appears where I’m standing. It was a golfball size at first but then turned about to be a huge boulder! I dodge out of the way and get back to my own base. One minute warning. The game is almost over. I sprint the fastest in my life and get to the top of my base. I stick the flag into our standard and it vanishes. Point for the Saradomin team. I appear in the Castle Wars lobby and head for the door. I hear my name. “Hey wait up!” Yelled an archer wearing black dragonhide and a crystal bow. “That was amazing! We should play Castle Wars sometime together again, man, what’s your name?” I replied to him “Zach, what is yours?” I asked. “Robert.” He answered. “Oh shoot! I forgot my white party hat in the bank!” I said to myself. As I walked over Robert said in excitement to me, “No way! I have a white party hat too!” We both withdrew our party hats from the bank. But then Robert said, “Wait, I was going to play some more Castle Wars. No hats allowed..” And he put it back into the chest. Robert walked over to the Saradomin portal and turned around. He walked backwards and stepped into the portal. He waved, and then vanished. I stepped out the doors and all of a sudden I felt very sleepy. I felt something on my back. I turned around to find a dragon dagger with some strange poison on it in my back. I fell to the ground. “Iban” Now called, jumped down from the top of the building and stared at Zach. He was snoring. “Oh, so that’s what that poison did.” He grabbed the dagger and stuffed it into his pocket. He grabbed Zach’s body, and a box of purple surrounded him.

Part Three: Captured
I woke up to find myself chained to absolutely nothing. All of a sudden a man appeared wearing a strange platebody and a red party hat. He walked towards me. All of a sudden a-what-seemed-to-be oversized Greater Demon walked towards me. The Greater Demon spoke “Finally! I can now kill you and take over RuneScape! Now Zach.. prepare for a slow and painful death..” I was terrified. But then I remembered that I used some magic in Castle Wars. I tried to remember if I had any law runes with me. I’m pretty sure I had air runes and a fire rune with me. Then I remembered that I was going to teleport instead of walking!! I guess I forgot.
“So sure, you obese Greater Demon? VARROCK TELEPORT!” I was surrounded by a purple orb and found myself in Varrock. Zamorak yelled at Iban, “Why didn’t you check what was in his pack?! Oh well. You’re an amateur. I can’t blame you for that. Take out your dagger.” Iban said what he was told. He took the dagger out of his pocket and threw it on the floor. Zamorak snapped, and picked up the dagger. He threw it in the air, and it became a dragon two handed sword. “This is a magic weapon. Throw it in the air and think of the weapon you want it to be. It will be what you thought of. I have also given you my powers. Use them well.”

Part Four: Spreading the Word
I was shocked of what I had just experienced. Some Greater Demon wants my dead.. the same Greater Demon is trying to take over RuneScape, I was so confused. I ran to the west bank and withdrew a Ring of Dueling. I teleported to Castle Wars. I waited for Robert to finish the game. After waiting for about ten minutes he finally appeared. He noticed me right away. “Hey, wanna play some Castle Wars?” He asked excitedly. “No, listen, I need to tell you something.” I said in a rush. “Teleport to Falador. Now.” Just as I finished my sentence I ran to the bank chest. I withdrew Falador teleport runes, and away I was. Soon I saw Robert appear. “Come to the park with me.” Sure enough he followed me strait to the park. We went on the
bridge and I explained everything. The dagger in the back, the strange man, the Greater Demon, him taking over RuneScape. He was baffled. “You mean your white party hat is cursed??” He said. “NO YOU IDIOT! SOME GUY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER RUNESCAPE!” Robert’s eyes widened. I said to him “I know, mind shocking.” “LOOK OUT ZACH! BEHIND YOU!” He yelled. I withdrew my Dragon Longsword, spinned, and hurled my longsword strait behind me. It went strait into the body of an abyssal demon. It was weakened. Robert started shooting with his crystal bow. One shot was all it took. It hit his head. It dropped down to the ground, and faded. I ran over to pick up my longsword. I found something under it. It looked like some sort of whip. A person by the entrance noticed me and started running for the whip. I picked it up and whipped him. He dropped down, injured. He said “Darn, I could of made 1.8 million off that..” I then realized what this whip was. It was an Abyssal Whip! I handed him some a trout which I so happened to have with me and turned around for the bridge. Robert was gone. I walked over to the bridge. I found a note. It said “Your friend Robert has been kidnapped. In order for him to live, meet us at the Chaos Temple in Varrock. –Zamorak and Iban.”

Part Five: Ransom
Now I finally know who wanted to kill me! It was Zamorak! He wanted to take over RuneScape! “But why would he want to kill me?” I thought. I needed a plan to save Robert. I thought and thought and could not think of one thing. Then I had an idea.
I teleported with some extra runes to Varrock. I walked to the Chaos Temple and found nobody. I walked into the back room and found Robert. Zamorak appeared from behind me. I could hear him and I yelled “TELEOTHER LUMBRIDGE!” Robert vanished. I yelled again. “LUMBRIDGE TELEPORT!” I looked around and finally spotted Robert. “Now I know you weren’t joking!” He said. I said “Lets go to Al Kharid. We need a break.” We walked towards the bank and passed a kebab shop. I heard Robert’s stomach growl. I then realized I was hungry too. “Can we get a couple kebabs? Please? I’m starving!” I said “Yes! I’m getting hungry!” We ran to the bank and I withdrew two gold coins. We were walking back to the kebab shop when suddenly I thought and said “Didn’t that ransom seem to easy? It’s as almost as if he planned it.” “Yeah.. I know..” said Robert. We then reached the kebab shop. I asked for two kebabs and man, were they good! Robert belched. I started laughing. We exited the shop and the entire town seemed.. darker. “Let’s go get a higher view. The palace roof will do.” As we came to the entrance I saw the same man before in a strange platebody and a red partyhat and a weird staff exit the scimitar shop.. I turned around and took out my new whip. Robert asked “Where the heck did you get that?!” I turned around. I was about to answer. But then my arm was in terrible pain. I looked around. The man was gone. I fell to my knees, and vomited. I think I was unconscious. I could hear a voice. “GET ME AN ANTI-POISON POTION!” The voice was angry, but was very gentle, as if it were from a distance. I couldn’t hear anything now. About five minutes later in my opinion I still couldn’t hear or feel anything. Then all of a sudden something tasted like.. peaches. I woke up. Robert was kneeling over me with an anti poison potion. I said drowsily “Were you just giving me an anti-poison potion?” He answered “Yes, I was. Why?” I said back “That stuff tastes like peaches.” Robert begin to laugh.
incredibly hard. I stood up and said “Come on, we need to figure out what’s going on.” We ran into the palace and went to the roof. I went out into the balcony and looked into the sky. Both Robert and I gasped. It was a solar eclipse. The moon had what looked like a “W” on it. It was glowing red. All of a sudden Robert said, “Isn’t that the sign of Zamorak?”

Part Six: A New Ally
We went back into the room and a wizard came up. “I saw the entire thing downstairs! You were poisoned by a guy and that person saved you! And.. and.. and the moon has Zamorak’s symbol on it! RuneScape armaggeddon! AAAAHHHH!” I said to him “Calm down, everything is okay. Tell me what your name is.” He calmed down instantly and peacefully said “Alec, what are your names?” I replied to him “Zach, and he’s Robert.” Alec said “Is that guy that poisoned you evil or something?” I said back “Yes, I believe he..” I looked around. All of a sudden all three of us were in a cavern. The same man was in front of us. “My father has given me orders to kill you on sight, but now I’m going to make it slow and painful, as he said earlier!” And all of a sudden he jumped very high in the air, and stuck one end of his staff in the dirt. The ground began to shake. He left it in the ground and pulled out his dagger. He threw it in the air and it became a dragon halberd. And He casted a spell on himself and a big skull appeared over his head. The three of us, Robert, Alec, and I could not keep our balance. He ran towards us without any balance loss at all, and swept away at all of us. I took out my whip and whipped him in the leg. I was aiming for his arm but the ground was too shaky. Robert got to his feet and started shooting. Only one arrow hit, and it hit in a man’s weak spot. Iban went crosseyed. He hesitated and casted a spell. The arrows vanished and he was as good as new. I said to Robert “How the heck can we beat this guy?!” Robert was staring at Alec. I looked at him, and saw a Saradomin Staff. Alec finally got up. He aimed his staff at Iban, and yelled “SARADOMIN STRIKE!” It hit, and knocked Iban unconscious. Alec went flying backwards because the skull had moved over to him and hurt him. Robert ran over to him and shot as many arrows as he could. Iban opened his eyes and said to Robert “You and “Alec” may have defeated me, but the great lord Zamorak shall kill you all!”

Part Seven: A Tough Fight = A Much Needed Break
Alec got up to his feet and said to both of us “Get around me!” Robert and I both did what he said. Alec yelled “Tele group Barbarian!” We found ourselves in Barbarian Village. Robert said “That fight knocked the heck out of me, anybody up for some Castle Wars?” Alec said “Sure, why not?” We went to Edgeville and withdrew our Rings of Dueling. Alec didn’t have one. Robert said “Here, borrow one of mine.” He proudly rubbed it and was at Castle Wars waiting. Robert and I both rubbed our rings and away we went. We all took off our hats and deposited our food in the chest. I withdrew some rune thrownaxes just incase. and we stepped into the Saradomin portal in unison. We had to wait in the waiting room for quite a while, about ten minutes. Then we finally were in the Saradomin Base Supply Room. We all grabbed several bandages, and each one of us grabbed one explosive potion. We headed to the middle of the battlefield and went down into the dungeon.
Several Zamorak team members followed us. We came to a room with three passageways out. We standing in a triangle formation, and we each threw our explosive potions at the passageways. Zamorak members were arching and maging us from behind the rocks. We stood our ground. I was throwing my axes to the left passageway, Robert was shooting arrows forward, and Alec was maging to the right. “Hey, should we make a group name? How’s about Zamorak’s Hatrid?” Then we were all attacking nothing. We were in total blackness. Then we found ourselves back in the cavern that we had fought Iban in.

Part Eight: Banishing of Zamorak
I stared and saw Zamorak. He was sitting in a Demonic Throne. He gritted his teeth and all of a sudden what looked like full dragon armor appeared on him. A dragon two handed sword also appeared in his other hand. He was wielding a two handed sword with only one hand, and even had a shield in the other. “I have killed many people for no reason, and for you, I will kill you all with my own spell. I am a master of spells which humans could ever dream of, and you will be the only three victims to it’s spell. Prepare to die, Zach.” He jumped and did the same thing that Iban had done with his staff. He balanced on his sword with his two hands and a great red barrier went out in a circle. It hit all three of us and sent us tumbling towards the wall. Zamorak put his sword into a carrier and raised his hand. I rose into the air. And I was spinning around the cavern the fastest I had ever been moving in my life. I slammed into a wall. I could swear I was dead. I opened my eyes and looked up. I was in a blood red wall. I tried hitting it with my longsword, no good. I whipped it, and that didn’t work either. All of a sudden I was feeling very strange. My clothes turned completely white. Alec and Robert went unconscious, and Alec’s staff went into the air, through the hole at the top of the red barrier, and into my hand. I felt unconscious. But then I spoke with no control. “Zamorak, your time as a god has ended.” My hand pointed the staff at the wall, and a great white bolt was fired at the barrier. It went right through, and my body rose into the air. I banged the staff at the barrier not knowing what I was doing. The barrier broke like glass. Zamorak said to what seemed to be me “NO! THAT BARRIER IS MAGIC PROOF! HOW COULD YOU SARADOMIN.. YOU’VE INTERUPTED MY PLANS FOR THE LAST TIME! Zamorak’s two handed sword became a Zamorak Staff. He took it out of it’s carrier and pointed it at me. I rose my staff. What was going to happen?! The staffs. both fired their spell. Saradomin Strike, and Flames of Zamorak. The white bolt and the red and blue flames hit each other. Zamorak’s flames pushed towards me, but then the white bolt pushed towards Zamorak. It then went back to the middle. I felt myself becoming free. I felt my body being launched forward I found my real body under the conflict of the spells. I stared at where I was. Saradomin had taken over my body and released me. I was staring at Saradomin! I also found some sort of spear with Saradomin’s symbol on the end. I stood under where the spells hit each other, rose the spear behind my head, and swung it at Zamorak’s spell. It disappeared and the spear went into the white bolt and hit Zamorak square in the body. He vanished. I felt sleepy, and then fainted. I woke up and found myself in the Castle Wars lobby. Robert and Alec were already awake.
We proudly walked out of the lobby doors, not saying a word. But there on the roof, was a man, wearing a strange platebody, a red party hat, and a staff. He chuckled and muttered to himself. “My father DID tell you he was a master of spells.”

THE END.

Mehehehehehe. Evil Zamorak. I might have a sequel. (Though it will probably be a long time from now.)

Criss Angel is the best magician ever.

A forumer is never late, nor is he early, he posts precisely when he means to.

All SMods+ that read this, put your display name below.
Bigrat2
Kimojuno was here.
Darkness is coming for your soul!

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:38 PM

Story. Too big to post here. City of Heroes related.
PG-13, btw.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zach The Mindfreak {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(Vasshu Za Sutanpiido @ Oct 16 2006, 05:38 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I read the begginning of that.. and it's got the "S" word in it. And for a RuneScape player moderator, that doesn't seem like you.

Bigrat2
Kimojuno was here.

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

Yes, I forgot to mention that. There is a tad bit of explicits in it.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:59 PM

You obviously don't know Vash off game much then o.O

I don't think that bad words are so horrible; people use them on the forums quite a bit anyway bluetongue.gif 'cept for the censored ones, but that's just for the kiddies. And I don't think many of them will be participating/reading the entries from this contest anyway. So I'd doubt there'd be any problem with them XD

Err, I prolly won't participate. I'm not really one to write stuff based off other's work (a game, for example). But that 10k cinii... So... Tempting... *dies from need*

Does Darkstorm count as a game one could write about? Suave_anim.gif

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zach The Mindfreak {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Darkness @ Oct 16 2006, 05:59 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

You obviously don't know Vash off game much then o.O

I don't think that bad words are so horrible; people use them on the forums quite a bit anyway bluetongue.gif 'cept for the censored ones, but that's just for the kiddies. And I don't think many of them will be participating/reading the entries from this contest anyway. So I'd doubt there'd be any problem with them XD

Ah. Okay. Glad you explained. TheSmile.gif Btw, could someone fix my signature? I'd like the bananas removed and the stat thingy. I tried to remove but it doesn't let me, It says that there's some error.

Bigrat2
Kimojuno was here.

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:43 AM

Does Darkstorm count as a game one could write about?

Indeed, if you wish bluetongue.gif
Posted Image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ferret Overlord {lang:icon}

• Citizen Snips
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE(Cspace @ Oct 16 2006, 09:43 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I think that's a bit blasphemous, don't you Cspace?
HI! I'M BACK SPORADICALLY! Nobody probably remembers me :(

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(Ferret Overlord @ Oct 16 2006, 07:06 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

QUOTE(Cspace @ Oct 16 2006, 09:43 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I think that's a bit blasphemous, don't you Cspace?

I think your -face- is a bit blasphemous! XD

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

I already had a couple people ask about fitting massive stories into a post, exceeding its character limit... and here's a solution for anyone in that situation. thumb.gif

Go to the Creativity Corner, and double/triple/spasm post your story. Just fill up the posts, and keep in mind that you'll have to wait a couple minutes for the auto-merge to not apply (I believe it will cut your post in half in this case).

Then, come here and reply with a link... And that's that.

If you'd like to have a whole discussion related to your fanfic, which is completely understandable, feel free to do the same trick with a single-post story. Just post it in Creativity Corner and link to it in your reply here. If you already posted and wish to go this route with your fanfic, no worries, just edit your reply accordingly.
Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users