• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Goto's Time Capsule

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:58 AM

Wow, one of the first capsules made and I'm really leaving it last minute to put anything in here. icon_sweatdrop.gif

Where to start, though. In the last month or so I've been pretty much nonexistent from the forums and GW. Just been really busy with other stuff, and when I have found the time I guess I didn't really feel like I had the energy to jump back in and catch up with everything. I'm making a quick capsule because otherwise I'll regret it a year from now, also Ari keeps yelling at me to put stuff in here.

So it's been quite an eventful year. I finished school, miraculously managed to get high enough on my exams to make it into the university course that I wanted to. In the last 5 months or so I've been trying to adapt to uni life. I'm still struggling to keep up with the work, but I've made some new friends and gotten used to the routine so I suppose there are positives there too. It's a bit difficult to get much perspective because I've got midyear exams looming in only a few days, which has lent a certain air of despair to the last few weeks. Somehow I've completely lost the ability to study properly in the last half a year, which is quite a nasty shock with exams so close. Still I'd best not dwell on it too much here, probably not what I want to be reminded of a year from now. bluetongue.gif

In general I haven't been particularly active on the boards in the last year, and I've been doing a bit more lurking than I'd normally be accustomed to. The exception to that is that I've been trying to remain active within the DoA's board, as well as in-game. Obviously that has faltered recently, but before then I was going okay. The guild has lost a little bit of momentum recently with several of its officers (and our leader) losing the ability to play as often, hopefully this will be a temporary thing. Before that we were going pretty well, a tight core of active players making it more possible to recruit new people. I'll get on to specifics about the guildies in a minute. On the personal side of GW, my accont has been going fairly strongly. At current count I have 6 max-level characters (W/Mo, E/Me, N/Me, A/W, R/Me, D/A) and two storage characters. My dervish has become my favourite character, so I've devoted a reasonable amount of time to him. I'm very slowly going for the Kind of a Big Deal title on him. Currently I have Protector of Elona, and as soon as I can muster up the energy to cap Barrage I'll have Elonian Skill Hunter. I plan to also do Tyrian Skill Hunter, and probably Protector of Tyria while I'm at it to raise skill points. For the last title I expect I'll either max out Sunspear, Lightbringer or do a Canthan title. I've got two characters who have finished Prophecies (with another 2 on the last mission, been a bit lazy about that bluetongue.gif ), two characters that have finished Nightfall (with another in the Realm of Torment), and one character who has finished Factions. Just for the record, my two storage characters are homages to Tanny, named 'Mesmers Cant Tank' and 'Warriors Cant Heal'. grnwink.gif

And now it's time for...

The amazing transgender adventures of Goto!

Ah, April Fools was pretty funny. bluetongue.gif

Been pretty bad about taking screenshots, so I don't really have too much to show. I'll leave a few messages for people though. Really sorry if you're not mentioned and feel you should be, I'm in a bit of a rush so I'm likely to miss out heaps of people that deserve it.

Ari- I'm very happy to find that my prediction that you'd have disappeared by now was proven wrong, it's always a pleasure. You're a great friend, even if it's indirectly your fault that I'm so low on sleep sometimes. You'd better still be around when we open this one, okay Missy? TheSmile.gif

Ratty- I'm not really sure what to say here. Obviously you're a really great friend, and since we're doing the same course it'll take a lot of work for you to get rid of me. bluetongue.gif Congrats on finally turning 18, try not to go too out of control. grnwink.gif Also stop making my GW procrastination look so bad, it's not my fault you and Ari are so crazily fast at stuff.

Tanny- Wooooo, Tanny. I'm not entirely sure what's been wrong recently, haven't wanted to pry. Hopefully by the time this is opened you'll be back to your usual happy self. I'm always here if you need to talk, though. Continue being awesome and you're sure to go far in life. Well, as long as you stay off Myspace. bluetongue.gif

Wasim- Wasn't happy to see you go, but I can understand why. You'll always have a place in our guild if you want it. You've been a great friend to many, myself included. We've all benefitted from your experience and generosity, I just wish I personally had benefitted a little less from your generosity. grnwink.gif

Rylkan- It was pretty cool getting a chance to get to know the person behind the name 'Rylkan' (which was usually just intended as a synonym for insanity). I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into the guild, and your officership was definitely deserved. I predict by next year you'll always have yourself in offline status, will be in rehab for Lavender icecream and will have devised a single Ranger build capable of running, tanking, nuking, healing and interrupting. It'll probably accomplish that without using a secondary class, too. bluetongue.gif

Lynn- Another person I feel privileged to have gotten to know. You may eternally be a newbie, but we'll love you anyway. The whole guild owes you a debt of gratitude for all your work, and once again I can't think of anyone more suited to being an officer. Guess I'm doubling up between you and Rylkan a bit, eh? Within a year I predict you'll be winning GvG and Heroes' Ascent all by yourself, using multiple computers, an all-girl cast of characters, and enough caffeine to drown a horse.

Cspace- Haven't talked to you too much recently, hope everything is going well though. We all appreciate the effort you put into this place, just make sure you're not neglecting your own life in the process. Hopefully I'll catch you on GW some time, hehe.

That'll have to do for now, once again sorry for anyone I didn't get to include.

Current forum stats (probably won't have changed much, hehe):

A drawing Ari didn't want me to show anyone:

I'm not sure who the yellow is. Knowing Ari, the naked one is probably Callum. bluetongue.gif

EDIT: Confirmed! The naked one is Cal, the yellow one is "probably Cspace".

Umm... Random stuff I want to add?

Also, as you move into the future, remember this chilling message...

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:30 AM

Whee, finally updated this thing.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

MSN convos with Ari and Tan tend to be a bit weird... Particularly when the MSN drawing comes out. bluetongue.gif

Ari says:

Tanny says:

I threaten to post Ari's drawing in the capsule.

Actually she seems to have a bit of a fixation on bunnies recently. bluetongue.gif

(They're fighting over the carrot)

Tanny wasn't going to be outdone though...

Not that it's all bunnies for Ari, of course.

And of course no capsule would be complete without a

from Ari.

Ari presents us with a grim apocalypse...

Yet couldn't refute the equality of this statement...

THIS IS MADNESS!

So Cal responded the only way he knows how...

And as always, Tanny finishes things off with something the rest of us couldn't hope to match. grnwink.gif

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, would have been much funnier if he hadn't waited until she left to say that, though. bluetongue.gif

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:50 AM

I is am post mine:

Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ratty {lang:icon}

• Bigrat2
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

*slurping noise* Mmm, delicious. xD

Heehee... Hopefully Cspacey will bury these time capsules before Ari gets to see them again. bluetongue.gif
Empty sig is empty.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xariha {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

Ahem! <pokes Squishie>

Goto you really do have the best screenies year after year. I have to admit though, the only thing scarier than Squishie saying those things about me, is when Duckie says them. sad.gif Do...not...want...

<glomps> See you next year Duckie! TheSmile.gif And please do not ever call me Muffin again. bluetongue.gif

(Stay tuned to see who wins the carrot...)

...beware of the dirty panda... he steals cookies.

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:20 AM

Very well, my dove. heart.gif

This post has been edited by Goto: 06 June 2007 - 03:31 AM

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xariha {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE(Goto @ Jun 6 2007, 03:20 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

The terror just won't end will it? sad.gif

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:39 AM

Certainly won't, my fish. heart.gif

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(Goto @ Jun 6 2007, 12:39 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

I heart.gif you!

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   ©allum {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(Goto @ Jun 6 2007, 03:20 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}

!
Posted Image

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Xariha {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Goto @ Jun 6 2007, 04:39 AM) {lang:macro__view_post}

Fish is already taken. bluetongue.gif Nice try though.

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:05 AM

Blast... Guess I have to stop being disturbing then. sad.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users