• {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

skenasis' Capsule

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

So...I didn't even realise these were up until like...now.

Today I bought I Heard A Voice and watched it. Awesome as. And I don't care if people disagree, I still think Davey is hot grnwink.gif

Yesterday was the day of the stabbing in the library. Not the kinda thing that you like to be reminded of, but...still.

So, back to AFI. As of (Rat, if you could look up the time in whatever convo log it relates to, I would greatly appreciate it) the 5th of May, AFI became my new favourite band, overtaking Evanescence. Don't get me wrong, Evanescence is an awesome band (loved the Snoop Dogg joke Amy made at the concert last year, that was hilarious), I've just found that AFI is even better. My favourite song is Summer Shudder, marginally ahead of Silver and Cold. Can't think of a distinct third, so I'll say my equal third favourites are:
  • The Interview
  • Kiss and Control
  • Endlessly, She Said
  • ...But Home is Nowhere
  • Girl's Not Grey
I know, it's a lot of third favourites, but considering how long AFI have been around and thus how many songs they have, it's really not that many bluetongue.gif

On the 24st of March, I had my right pinna (EDIT: helix, darn it, helix!) pierced. In other words, the stud is in the cartilage at the top of my ear. Not right at the very top, slightly down (a couple millimeters) and to the right. Fortunately, despite forgetting to clean it after about four weeks (whoops!) it never got infected. Which was really lucky, because the idiots did the one thing you really shouldn't do with piercings other than lobes, and used a stud gun. Unfortunately, I didn't find out how bad using a stud gun is until the day after it'd been done.
After realising how much I liked AFI, I did what I always do with stuff I like and find everything I possibly can on it. Consequently, I noticed that Davey Havok has a labret piercing. After that I began noticing them when people had them. I realised that I really liked the look and wanted one myself. So despite evidence to the contrary, Davey's having a labret piercing wasn't the cause of me getting one. His one just drew my attention to them, after which I formed my own opinion. Thus, on the 5th of May, I got a labret piercing. It's off-centre, towards the right, about halfway between the middle and right edge of my bottom lip (which just happens to be in the same place as Davey's, hence my aforementioned 'I formed my own frikkin opinion'). Got it done at a place called Alien (go figure). The piercer marked the spot where the piercing would be (as they do). He then proceeded to push the needle through to make the hole, going from the outside in. And damn, did it hurt. Hurt magnitudes more than lobes and pinna combined when the needle was going through and immediately afterwards. Fortunately, the post-needle pain wasn't anywhere near as bad (about the same level of pain as when the pinna was being pierced, which I coincidentally thought hurt like hell at the time - boy did I learn!), and only lasted for just over half an hour or so. Since it's so new, I'm getting what my brother calls 'crusties' every day. Crusties are simply bits of dead skin and mucous and dried pus that have dried out and either stuck to the ring, the hole itself or the area immediately around the hole. Crusties have to be cleaned off twice a day with slightly salty water. What makes it somewhat difficult is how oversized the ring is - it's too big even to accomadate for the swelling. Remember how I said where the hole is? Well, the edge of the ring rests slightly to the left of the centre of my lip. Like I said, oversized. As soon as the swelling's gone down and it's healed, I'm going to change it for a much smaller ring that will sit flush against my lip, above where the hole is.

The hilarious thing is that my brother told me last night that he had no idea how I could put up with such an oversized ring, and kept harping on about how he wouldn't be able to cope (he has two labret piercings, but unlike mine, both of his are centred, and he has studs, not rings), would get {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}ted off, and how could I put up with it? And it's hilarious because it's such a stupid question. The oversized ring is the one that got put in when the piercing was done, so it's not a case of 'getting used to a stupidly oversized ring', it's simply a 'getting used to having a ring of metal in my lip'. I don't know how much harder it is to cope with than a smaller ring, because I haven't had a smaller ring!

Probably add stuff later, I think dinner's ready now.

Feed the plushie!
(Rayquaza plushie? WTF? It doesn't look anything like the other plushies!)

Through our bleeding we are one.

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

AMIGAWD! On the 13th (last Saturday...three days ago to me at the moment) I bought my first AFI album (no, Decemberunderground on iTunes doesn't count)! It's Sing The Sorrow, their 2003 album. And DEAR GOD, I love it. It's like...wow. I can't describe it.

I know, I'm waffling on about AFI quite a bit. But that's because I just can't get over their godliness (read: awesomeness). I love the music, love the band members (all are vegan, and two are straight edge...what more could you want?)...love it all.

In other news, I have a new hobby, as of today: maille knitting. I'm yet to find someone who actually knows how to do it who enjoys it. Aside from myself, of course. I can't afford to go out and buy stuff to start going nuts (which is probably just as well, since I have a maths and Java assignment due in the same week - not cool), but as soon as I can I will. In other words, my wristbands idea from my blog is gonna go ahead. I know the design I'm gonna do for the very first one, and one or two after, but nothing much after that. If anyone can be bothered of thinking of something, actually deign to tell me, unlike the situation in my poor unread blog.

Anyway, back to AFI.

I've taken to reading their MySpace blog recently. They update it often (unlike SOME people I know). I don't care if you people don't care, this is my time capsule and I'll do what I want with it.

Oh, and I noticed something - in my last time capsule, I mentioned that I hoped I would have all available Stargate box sets by this capsule. I accomplished that goal on (if memory serves) a couple days after Christmas last year, where my brother had gotten me the shiny tin version of season 9. Just need to wait for season 10 to come out in Aus, and I'll have the set. Until, of course, the movies come out. Direct-to-DVD, the basketcases.

In other news, you've all probably noticed that I've changed my screen name again. This is my handle for pretty much everything these days, so I'll most likely keep it as this permanently. And yes, it's deliberately all lower case. So I need to change my blog and capsule titles, obviously.

Nothing else immediately comes to mind to say, therefore I bugger off now.

Feed the plushie!

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

I have a kitten sitting on me. She makes typing difficult. And she purrs loudly. Really loudly.

And in other news, I hate Java. Here's hoping that next year I can accuse C/C++ of being more fun. If anyone here actually knows Java and wouldn't mind helping me out with some stuff I gotta do, I would greatly appreciate it. It's due this Monday coming. It much sucks.

And Kira purrs really, really noisily. She snores too. And since she's resting her head on my arm, it's gonna go numb soon. If my feet don't go numb first. Which is sadly likely.

In other news again, I've been feeling like the world is against me recently. And the people in it. Therefore, I will go listen to music. Gods bless Sing The Sorrow.

Feed the plushie!

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Does your ear hurt? bluetongue.gif Mine hurt for about 6 months after and it still hurts now if someone hugs me and bangs their head against me sad.gif

They used a stud gun on mine too >.<

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Wow, I've neglected this thing. Then again, I've been neglecting pretty much everything over the past two weeks due to this horrible Java assignment.

I saw my dad yesterday. He didn't notice my lip ring. I eventually snapped and told him that unless he has a major attitude overhaul, he shouldn't expect to ever see me again.

And it felt good.

Feed the plushie!

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

Well pooey. I was typing an entry for this, and then the backspace button decided that pressing it meant that it would go back pages instead of deleting characters like it was supposed to. And since I was doing a fast reply, it went splat. Not cool. I can try to type it all out again, I guess.

First off: I receieved my DF membership package today, a mere five days after I was told it should be shipped. Also, my login for the site is working. Rock on. Membership package had all sorts of exciting things contained within, which you can read about if you pop over to my MySpace. The t-shirt fits perfectly. So perfectly that it's almost scary. Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to wear it more often.

I preordered Pokemon Diamond...I believe it was yesterday. I could check the receipt, but that would involve effort. Y'know, I'd have to get up and walk across the house to grab it out of my wallet. Not happening.

In other news, I have a cat tin. What will go in this tin, I have no idea. And speaking of cats, Oscar is starting to complain. He wants dinner, and he wants it now. Never mind that he knows full well he doesn't get it until 6:30 (an hour away), he wants it now anyway. Too bad for Bullswoolie.

Girl's Not Grey just came on, therefore I must turn up the speakers until if I have it louder it'll damage my ears. Forget Summer Shudder, Girl's Not Grey is the ultimate in music. Silver and Cold still comes in at second though. Summer Shudder just got shoved down the ladder to third is all. Poor Decemberunderground, it's been overtaken by Sing The Sorrow.

The subwoofer is making my foot vibrate, therefore I shall go play Oblivion.

EDIT: Oooooh, I wonder how the DF badge would look if I put it on my choker. I shall go find out, and wear or not wear it accordingly.

Feed the plushie!

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:55 AM

So, as per my last post in this, I am indeed wearing my choker with the DF button badge attached.

Day before yesterday, I got a new phone. Nokia 6288. Had various assorted troubles with it, as those of you who read my blog will be aware. Let's see how I feel about it a year from now, shall we? Found an awesome AFI theme for it, so I'm using that. Like, I found a few other themes for it, but this one is, like...awesome.

Kira just wandered over. She's so adorable. Oscar is still sitting by the window in the chair that was put there so he wouldn't climb on the table. He still does it, but not as much. Prefers the chair, it would seem. Mutated egg chair, it is.

So, this morning I cleaned my helix piercing again. Did last night too, actually. It's coming along a lot better than I thought it was. I have bumps on both sides of the tunnel, and I can't for the life of me remember what they're called.

My mum has made a habit recently of telling me that I play with my lip ring a lot. I know I do, she doesn't need to tell me. It's just something to do, I guess. I don't really pay attention to the fact that I'm doing it. I guess the point of putting that in is to see if I'm still doing it a year from now. I dunno, waddya want from me?

A change in the world I hope to see when these are reopened: people actually knowing what 'emo' is. Not means, is. I'm blogging about it right now, so wait 'till it's posted if you want to know what I'm on about. Or don't, whatever.

Feed the plushie!

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   skenasis {lang:icon}

• A Fire Inside
  • Icon

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:19 AM

As per yesterday's posting, I remembered 'keloid' this morning, which led me onto what actually inhabits my helix piercing - hypertrophic scarring. Might try some tea tree oil to get rid of it. Other methods I've heard are vitamin e oil, and chamomile tea bags soaked in sea salt water. I admit it doesn't really bother me, but might try it anyway, just to see if it gets the scarring to go away should I ever decide to remove the stud. I highly doubt I'll ever want to. I could see myself wanting to retire my lip ring when I'm older (much, much older), but something as simple as an ear stud I figure will forever remain, particularly since it's not all that 'out there' as piercings go. Same as the lobes. I know for a fact that they're never going away.

See, that's why I'm fine with piercings and exceedingly hesitant about tattoos. Piercings are never permanent, unless of course they're stretched to some ridiculous diameter or they get so stupidly infected that they leave massive amounts of scar tissue. You take the jewellery out, the tunnels heal over time. Tattoos, however, won't go away unless you get a skin graft. I don't like the idea of having to live with something that I can never get rid of.

I can think of only one thing worse that tattoos in the body modification department: scarification. Now, I understand that some cultures use them in rituals of adulthood and suchlike. Fair enough, I suppose. But scarification a la this and this is ridiculous. I simply don't understand it. Oh well, call me conservative.

I have a java exam tomorrow, so I'm gonna go eat then study.

Feed the plushie!

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

I don't think anyone is likely to call you particularly conservative, Darkie. grnwink.gif

Good luck on the exam though, I'm sure you'll do well!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users