• You cannot reply to this topic

To Forlon [Story] Part 2

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

Neraphym and Lohengrin are quickly making their way to a healer in Forlon. A teenage human rests behind Neraphym on Lohengrin's back, stricken with the poison from a blooddrake bite. Time is running low, as the boys breathing slows drastically. Lohengrin feels this and roars.

Neraphym: "I know, old friend. This boy hasn't much time. I doubt we will make it to Forlon in time."

Lohengrin roars again. They boy has stopped breathing, and his heart was silent as well.

Neraphym: "Hm, the boy is dead. There's nothing we can do now. What a waste of time..."

Lohengrin veers off course to Forlon and towards an active volcano.

Neraphym: "Hm, you need a drink? Lava is a delicacy for you, and we don't get to see too many volcanos. Go ahead. I'll bury the boy there, I suppose... wait. I have an idea... head towards that lava flow near the river, fast!"

Lohengrin dives towards the flow and within seconds makes landfall on a sheet of jagged obsidian. Neraphym dismounts and takes the boy. He lays the body down on the obsidian ground while Lohengrin goes off to drink from the nearby flow.

Neraphym: "I hope this works..."

The heat is overwhelming. Neraphym takes a few steps back from the boy and reaches into his bag. He pulls out the class A golem core that Phalberon gave him. He activates the core and whispers into it.

Neraphym: "Let memory live again. Become human."

With that, Neraphym tosses the core onto the corpse of the boy. A bright light eminates in all directions from the core, and then it explodes. The explosion seems to be contained in an invisible sphere, and the light blocks Neraphym's view of what is going on inside the event horizon.

Neraphym: "Lohengrin, come. We must be off."

The light of the explosion fades, and the sphere shrinks. Inside a small crater lay a boy sheathed in obsidian. His eyes opened. The first thing he saw was a man in strange armor taking off from a dragon. The boy reaches out and grasps the air in front of him, hoping to stop the dragon from leaving. Though the dragon went on, a shiver ran down the spine of the warrior on the dragon's back. Neraphym reached into his pocket and pulled out a long black ribbon. He speaks to himself.

Neraphym: "I have saved your life, yet cursed your existence. I do not deserve this as you do."

Neraphym flies over the crater and drops the ribbon. It falls into the boy's outstretched hands. The boy holds it, wondering what it is. Though he does not recognize it, it brings him confort to hold it. He stands up and takes notice of his situation.

Boy: "Who am I? What am I? I am a monster? My body feels so strange."

He walks away from the lava flow and towards the stream. The water is turbulent, so he continues walking downstream to stiller waters. He comes across a small pond and gazes into his reflection. His body was similar in form to a human, but pitch black obsidian. Shards of the volcanic glass stuck out in various places.

Boy: "I am a monster. I must become human..."

The boy continues to wander off into a forest...
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

OOC: If you're like to see the past installments...

1. http://www.cspacezon...showtopic=42118
2. http://www.cspacezon...showtopic=42251
3. http://www.cspacezon...showtopic=42519

Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

OoC (am I doing it right?): Is this just a story, or can I take part?

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:51 AM

OOC: I believe this is just a story, as Alpha (Err... Neraphym, I mean) merely seems to be setting up a backstory for one of the characters he'll be using once the class update occurs.

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

OOC: Indeed, no participation. sad.gif If you wanna do something, gimme a PM and we'll work out a quest for you.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

OoC: Okay, seems a bit quiet. bluetongue.gif

Page 1 of 1