CurvedSpace Forums: Idea For A New Big Recruiting Event (RS) - CurvedSpace Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Idea For A New Big Recruiting Event (RS)

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

Hear me out, because this may not make sense at first...

We would get a group together at one time (on different f2p servers) to push our chat as a mature global chat, for anyone to join for chatting while they grind or whatever they are doing. We could say that it's a clan chat, but it's open to all casual and mature players, even if they aren't SeeDs. We could get unexpected interest in this, and some may even switch channels for a little bit if the one they're in is empty. The majority probably won't be in a channel in the first place, so there would be nothing to it for them.

We would talk in clan chat and get everyone talking, hopefully. The thing is that all who aren't SeeDs will still be like activity from a newcomer's perspective, and first impressions are very important. Then one SeeD will start pushing a party from the channel (on our official f2p world). We all go, and hopefully others in the chat will follow. We could drop some things and maybe have a train somewhere, then once the party starts to get tiring, another SeeD will ask if anyone wants to go PKing or something together. Then the SeeDs who actively play the game will go into the wilderness, while those of us with frozen banks will go off to do our own thing.

Finally, we would ask for others in the chat to push the chat as we did... As a chat. Say that it was fun so far, and that it can be even better if we keep pushing it. Maintain the thing where membership in SeeD is not required, and never will be required. Also make it known that we allow multiclanning, which could break the ice for some potential members.

Then later on, we can do something similar to this and keep boosting the chat.

Also, keep pushing "casual" and "mature"... Some stuck-ups may join, but they won't stay. Please trust me when I say that... A clan shouldn't be picky when it's so small and is seeking support. We didn't think about it at all in 2001, and started to end the open in-game recruiting half-way through 2002 when our numbers were up there. Look at where we were in 2003. thumb.gif There are stages to recruiting, and the "ideal" forms of recruiting won't necessarily begin until activity is satisfactory.

So what's the purpose? If anyone can join the chat, and it's not required that they join SeeD, what would we gain? It would be fun for everyone, regardless of whether they're in SeeD or not. Events will be more fun, and spontaneous events will be more feasible. All through this, there will be increased interest in SeeD as a clan.

... And if it turns out badly, just stop pushing the chat, and maybe close it to anyone not on Ziggywolf's friend list for a couple days. The problem will disappear, guaranteed.

So what are your thoughts? It will be harmless to try, so no real reason not to do it... But how would you improve on the idea? When should it happen? Keep in mind that it may require up to three hours in total, so it's not a minor thing, but it will be more than worthwhile if it does indeed work.
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

This sounds like a pretty awesome idea too me.

How about advertising a huge party chat with RS events in all Runescape community forums, with sigs, topics about it etc. Loads of clans/communities do this, I think it could actually work rather well ^^

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 15 2007, 04:07 PM) {lang:macro__view_post}
This sounds like a pretty awesome idea too me.

How about advertising a huge party chat with RS events in all Runescape community forums, with sigs, topics about it etc. Loads of clans/communities do this, I think it could actually work rather well ^^

Hmm, it could be a way to promote ourselves outside the clan areas. We could promote SeeD in the clan forums, and a global chat in other forums, but in fact be promoting for the same thing: Big spontaneous events. bluetongue.gif

Sounds interesting thumb.gif
Posted Image

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zziggywolf5 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

Let me see if I understand this...
Basically, you're suggesting that we spread some members out on different worlds to convince people to join SeeD's clan chat. Then once we had a large-ish amount of people in clan chat, a member suggests a party on a world and hope everyone in clan chat comes since they heard it. After that, we have other members suggest things just to keep those non-SeeDs occupied by SeeD events.
And if it turns into a fiasco, I change the clan chat settings so only Recruits+ can come in. bluetongue.gif
Sounds fine with me. Now, I don't understand how this will actually equate to new members, though. Also, you know only 100 people can be in clan chat; that may or may not matter.

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Jul 17 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I endorse stalking. :thumb:

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

Basically, you're suggesting that we spread some members out on different worlds to convince people to join SeeD's clan chat. Then once we had a large-ish amount of people in clan chat, a member suggests a party on a world and hope everyone in clan chat comes since they heard it. After that, we have other members suggest things just to keep those non-SeeDs occupied by SeeD events.

Pretty much, and we'd try to keep some ongoing interest there so players return to the channel.

And if it turns into a fiasco, I change the clan chat settings so only Recruits+ can come in.

That's a last resort, and it would only be for two or three days if needed. I'd really be surprised if it's needed, however, because there are other easier ways to quiet things down. Remember that a member would need to physically join each time, so if there isn't a reason to do it, they won't.

Sounds fine with me. Now, I don't understand how this will actually equate to new members, though.

It will be a lot easier to recruit those who check out our channel, as opposed to people who don't know anything about us. Don't expect the chat, alone, to recruit by itself... But it will be a lot easier to recruit when players interact with us and come to events. Even if they aren't SeeDs, they could also invite their friends, who could become interested as well. There are just a lot of possibilities, and it's probably worth trying.

Also, you know only 100 people can be in clan chat; that may or may not matter.

Hmmm... I didn't, but now I do. biglaugh.gif

That shouldn't be a problem though... I don't think we'll get that many at once with this. If we can somehow get 100 players in the chat at one time, we would be in really good shape for recruiting if we can keep things manageable in there. bluetongue.gif
Posted Image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Neraphym {lang:icon}

• Do not want!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:05 AM

I'm sure I can help. Just gimme a call and I'll come to any recruiting efforts.
Neraphym Archaeon
Posted Image
GWAMM

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

I still support this.
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users