Holiday Events Sunday December 22

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 15 December 2002 - 11:49 PM

Update: Do not transfer items to your character, this is against the rules of Runescape and I do not want to promote rulebreaking of any type, even though it is for the holidays. What we are going to do is conduct the parade first, then the wilderness, and we'll hit all the respawns we can safely get to wherever we go. Then we will go to Lumbridge and give away all the items we get to players below level 15

As you may have seen, we have been planning some Christmas and holiday events. These events will be fairly original compared to the others, not involving parties or the normal competitions.

Ok, this is what's going to happen:

We will all start in Lumbridge on server 5, logging in under Santa names (all the Santa characters must have red shirt, red pants, and a white beard). Then we will give out various gifts (fit for new players, which is why we picked Lumbridge), saying "Ho ho ho", "Merry Christmas" and everything you would expect. Coal will be given to those with skulls over their heads (since they've been bad, lol). This will continue for a while (it can be kinda fun, people react in weird ways when they see a single Santa, not to mention many others).

Once we're done with that (and run out of gifts), we will all go once around Runescape in a parade formation. From Lumbridge we will go to Draynor Village, then through Falador, up the path to Barbarian Village, and then through Varrock to its eastern side. We will make a stop at the bar near the wilderness outside of Varrock.

Then we will venture into the wilderness and annoy all the PKers in the middle levels by surrounding them and saying "Ho Ho Ho" and everything. Since we will have extremely low levels, not many will be able to kill us (due to the wilderness level). This will continue until we're somehow killed or decide that we've been in the wilderness long enough. From there, we're probably done, but could have a mini-party or something if there's time.

This will happen on Sunday December 22, at 2:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (I think that would be 6:00 P.M. in England). We chose that day so we wouldn't miss out on any holiday items dropped by Jagex (if you're interested), and since everyone probably has better things to do during Christmas and the rest of the break. I'm sorry if this is a bad time for you, we carefully chose the day and time so that the maximum number of people can most likely make it (in all western time zones).

Anyway, I hope you can make it, this should be a fun event to be a part of! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Also, if you're planning on coming, please post here with your comments and Santa name (if you have one already).
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   lordaj {lang:icon}

• The old one
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 16 December 2002 - 01:05 AM

this sounds like fun count me in,, what kind of gifts do you have in mind .
i could make either bronze or iron armor for this event

combat 102 smithing 76 mining 82 fishing 80 user posted image user posted image
user posted image

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 16 December 2002 - 07:51 PM

Anything, remember that we're going to Lumbridge, so there will mostly be new players.

I actually wouldn't recommend anything expensive, this is just a fun event and not a full-blown party or anything.
Posted Image

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:07 AM

A lot of times when I go to lumbridge there are high level players hanging around there so maybe we can make a restiction of giving out gifts to level 10 and under players. We'll call the higher lvl ppl adults and if they don't like and start getting mad then we'll give them coal. We should first all meet in the gaurd tower near the entrance to the castle. Then we can split up into groups, meet back at the gaurd tower at a certain time, and then parade on through runescape. If we still have some gifts left then if someone we pass sayd they want a gift then we'll give them one.

PS: My santa's name is santa 565 so that you know it's me. biglaugh.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Chrono {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 17 December 2002 - 02:30 PM

Sounds like it'll be pretty fun. I'll go to the makeover mage just for the occassion biglaugh.gif

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Maxi {lang:icon}

• Is it Pie? I hope it's Pie.
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 17 December 2002 - 09:20 PM

Just some extra notes here,

Cspace: Eastern Standard Time is 5 hours behind me in England (last time I checked) so it should be 7:00pm in England.

Chrono: The term Santa *should* have to be somewhere in your name so you might need to create another char. This rule will apply unless Cspace says otherwise.
Posted Image

Master Of Stuff said:

If he does start posting like before, Give him the ban-hammer like Maxi recommended and suggest that he cancel his subscription to "Internet Tough Guy" Magazine.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 18 December 2002 - 09:02 PM

Yes, you have to create a new Santa name. You shouldn't train your Santa characters or anything, you could practically register on server 5 for the beginning of the event.

Update: Do not transfer items to your character, this is against the rules of Runescape and I do not want to promote rulebreaking of any type, even though it is for the holidays. What we are going to do is conduct the parade first, then the wilderness, and we'll hit all the respawns we can safely get to wherever we go. Then we will go to Lumbridge and give away all the items we get to players below level 15
Posted Image

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Chrono {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 19 December 2002 - 12:42 AM

oh ok. so what time would it be in Ohio then?

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Sir Blackma {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 19 December 2002 - 12:46 AM

Hey 1 Q ummm... can i like log in as sir blackma and give all you guys some stuff for the santa drive and also 1 more thing: well its kinda hard getting coal and stuff especailly since my tierd lvl is 85% and it hasnt changed!
I've been gone since forever.
It's like nostalgia randomly coming back...
How many times has it been now? Haha.
Also, if there was ever any confusion,
Sir Blackma does not mean Sir Blackman,
and I am WHITE. Just thought I'd clear
that up lol.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 19 December 2002 - 01:19 AM

It is against the rules? What I always do is drop something, log off, and log on as my new char and pick it up. I don't know how that can be against the rules. conf.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 19 December 2002 - 02:09 AM

oh ok. so what time would it be in Ohio then?

Methinks it will be 1:00 P.M. (assuming that Ohio is in Central and not Eastern, haven't checked)

Hey 1 Q ummm... can i like log in as sir blackma and give all you guys some stuff for the santa drive and also 1 more thing: well its kinda hard getting coal and stuff especailly since my tierd lvl is 85% and it hasnt changed!

Go to a bed and select "rest", your fatigue level will go to 0% grnwink.gif

It is against the rules? What I always do is drop something, log off, and log on as my new char and pick it up. I don't know how that can be against the rules.

Jagex used to state that character sharing and item transfers are against the rules, I can't find it on the new site, but I'm still sure that the rule is the same.
Posted Image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Sir Blackma {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 19 December 2002 - 03:28 PM

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh OK! grnwink.gif thumb.gif
I've been gone since forever.
It's like nostalgia randomly coming back...
How many times has it been now? Haha.
Also, if there was ever any confusion,
Sir Blackma does not mean Sir Blackman,
and I am WHITE. Just thought I'd clear
that up lol.

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Chrono {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 20 December 2002 - 02:10 PM

I think Ohio is in eastern so would it be 3:00 then? I don't know time zones very well biglaugh.gif My Santa name is probably gonna be SantaChrono though.

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2002 - 09:09 PM

I'm in eastern too, it would be 2:00 for you as well if that is your time zone thumb.gif
Posted Image

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 20 December 2002 - 09:47 PM

I moved this to the announcements forum thumb.gif
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +