• You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

Ruckus' Psychology Hotline

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ruckus Fox {lang:icon}

• Not your everyday furry...
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:33 AM

Okay, so the name isn't that original. I couldn't call it "Ruckus' crazy folks." As some of you may know, I'm interested in going into the field of Psychology and Philosophy. I visited the strongest possible candidate for a local college this weekend and got some insight. As well, my high school psychology class is taking off and I've been encouraged to run experiments on people. Don't worry, it's not directly on you.

Basically; I'm offering myself as a FREE* psychiatrist. You come to me with problems, dreams, ideas, whatever, and I do my best to help you resolve** these issues. I'll have the availability of psychology teachers and professors at my fingertips, so it won't just be my opinion on everything.

Here's the catch, you can post here or you can chat me up privately on MSN (Ruckusthewriter@hotmail.com). If chosen to be a private conversation, everything will be kept confidential as the norm. This not only helps you, but it helps me. Secretly, I'll be conducting my own research. They won't have any details about you, but they'll have statistics that will help me "Oo" and "Aah" the Psychology major crowd. So how about it? Help me, help you.

Please take note of my MSN. If I'm available for chatting, my personal message (that's the italicized one) will say "The Doctor is in." If not...I think you can figure that one out for yourself. This is at my convenience, so don't be distressed if I don't respond immediately or don't have time for you. Without further to do, let's start this thing.

*-That's a good thing, take advantage of this. Most psychiatrists really -do- charge you ungodly amounts of money.
**-I only present things in the way of science***, not spirituality. You have to take things as I give them and you have to want to change if necessary. I present, you take them as you want.
***-Science, meaning humanist psychology.

--Ruckus

Darkstorm Characters: Scaffard Crimsonflame , Zikora Yooki

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ruckus Fox {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:40 AM

As an added bonus, here's a little psychological evaluation test. These are the questions; after a significant amount of people post their results, I'll post as what they mean. Please answer these questions truthfully. Base your answers on what you -initially- see, not what you see after a while.

Close your eyes, pretend that you're where ever you want to be at the moment; as long as it's outside.

1. You're walking along when you see someone walking the opposite direction as you. Who do you see?

2. Well that's through with, they're gone. You keep walking. You're suddenly stopped by an animal standing in your way. What type of animal is it?

3. You need to continue on your way. How do you handle the situation with the animal?

4. Well that's through with too. You've finally reached your destination. It's your house! What does your house look like?

5. Is there a fence around your house?

6. You walk around the back of your house, and there is a well and a drinking utensil. What does it look like?

7. That was refreshing, what do you do with the drinking utensil now?

8. You wander a little further from your house, now there's a body of water. What is the body of water like? (Specifically)

That's it. If you've taken this test before, please don't be a smartass and please don't tell others about the results.

--Ruckus

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

I tried to take the test, but got a bit stuck. After I closed my eyes I couldn't see the questions anymore. sad.gif

On a slightly more serious note, hope this goes well for you. TheSmile.gif

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, I had a similar problem >.<

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ruckus Fox {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

x_x You have to -imagine-. The test was taken from a literal Psychology test given to teens. Ugh...what more do you want from me? Do you want me to record my sarcastic voice into telling you what to think about?

Ugh...

Go ahead and take the test; just write down what FIRST comes to mind.

--Ruckus

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

1. Barack Obama. (just happened to be on my mind at the time.)
2. A mountain lion.
3. I run. Fast.
4. It's modestly sized, made of brick.
5. Absolutely not.
6. ... I love the country, but I wouldn't have a well.
7. A lake, frozen over, being in the mountains and all.

And I should note that you're using the terms 'psychiatrist' and 'psychologist' interchangeably. They're two completely different professions. Psychiatrists go to medical school; psychologists generally have PhDs. Psychiatrists generally simply listen to someone and diagnose a disorder and prescribe a medication; psychologists generally are your therapists that the psychiatrist sends you to if they don't believe you need medication.

I happen to have both. The psychologist is much more humanistic. The psychiatrist seems to look at me as a patient or test subject.
<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ruckus Fox {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

They are indeed. But this test is purely psychiatric. It's involving your brain, and it's analyzing it. Psychology is the field, my friend. And you forgot a question. Regardless of if it's a well or not, you should still respond to "what you do with the drinking utensil." If you can't imagine a well, imagine a fountain.

<.< You people are more difficult than the grade schoolers I visited today; get off my back and do the test, okay? You don't even have to look at this thread if you don't want to. *mumble*

--Ruckus

Addendum: And you're wrong, actually, about psychologists and psychiatrists. Psychologists, and I mean all psychologists, study the mind. If you truly have a degree in this field, you should know that. Some psychologists do it to find medicine, some psychologists do it to answer the question "why." If you want to compare one or the other, go to Wikipedia and brood there. If you absolutely have to compare them, think of psychiatrists as a sub-level of psychologists. Next I suppose you'll want to argue how philosophy majors fit in there. <.<

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

Close your eyes, pretend that you're where ever you want to be at the moment; as long as it's outside.

1. You're walking along when you see someone walking the opposite direction as you. Who do you see? Some random person.

2. Well that's through with, they're gone. You keep walking. You're suddenly stopped by an animal standing in your way. What type of animal is it? Dog, mid size, mutt

3. You need to continue on your way. How do you handle the situation with the animal? Pet it, then walk around it.

4. Well that's through with too. You've finally reached your destination. It's your house! What does your house look like? Mid size, single story house. Brick. Lots of trees, and nothing but St. Augustine grass. (I should clarify that. That grass is what grows down here. It rocks.)

5. Is there a fence around your house? Just the back.

6. You walk around the back of your house, and there is a well and a drinking utensil. What does it look like? A pipe with a pump on it sticking out of the ground. The "drinking utensil is a largish cup.

7. That was refreshing, what do you do with the drinking utensil now? Put it back on the pump.

8. You wander a little further from your house, now there's a body of water. What is the body of water like? (Specifically) A lake, it has a pier with a boat tied to it. There's also a boat ramp about 100ft away from the pier.

So just how messed up am I? grnwink.gif

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

No well means no utensil. I have running water in my imaginary house, and therefore have no use for a well.

And, as I said, Psychiatrists are Medical Doctors. It is a branch of the field of Medicine.

Clinical psychologists fall into their own category, but overlap on many aspects of psychiatry.

I meant I am seeing both a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist.

And, ironically, I happen to be a philosophy major.

Now go ahead and diagnose me with an extreme case of narcissism.
<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Admin

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

Sounds interesting. Personally, I don't think I will participate, but I do wish you luck. It's always good to pursue our interests, and in my opinion, sciences and related fields are some of the most rewarding. As for the short quiz, that I don't mind doing.

1. You're walking along when you see someone walking the opposite direction as you. Who do you see?
Albert Einstein

2. Well that's through with, they're gone. You keep walking. You're suddenly stopped by an animal standing in your way. What type of animal is it?
A Tiger

3. You need to continue on your way. How do you handle the situation with the animal?
I just crouch down and wait it out.

4. Well that's through with too. You've finally reached your destination. It's your house! What does your house look like?
A Torus with multiple levels and alot of windows.

Nope.

6. You walk around the back of your house, and there is a well and a drinking utensil. What does it look like?
A classic stone well with a crank on it, attached to a wooden bucket. (Would never use that for real, but hey, first thing that comes to mind. bluetongue.gif)

Let it Fall Back down into the Well.

8. You wander a little further from your house, now there's a body of water. What is the body of water like? (Specifically)
Hard to be specific, since it would be large and the boundaries would curve in and out randomly quite a bit.
#: ssh God@Heaven.org
Password: CurvedSpace
/God> rm *

The BEST error message ever: "Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive."

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ruckus Fox {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

I'll give it one more day for answers, then I'll post what each question refers to... *looks at Rylkan and sighs* Poor boy... =P

--Ruckus

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Ruckus Fox @ Feb 6 2008, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give it one more day for answers, then I'll post what each question refers to... *looks at Rylkan and sighs* Poor boy... =P

--Ruckus

You wouldn't be the first to quote almost that exact thing about me. bluetongue.gif
/God> rm *

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Troll {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

Might as well post this.

One of my Freinds.

A Lion of some sort.

Shoot it, somehow I have a gun.

Big, recently built, bright.

Yes, a green metal fence.

Your typical Well, round made out of Brick. Drinking utensil is a normal cup, like you would find in your normal old house. bluetongue.gif

Put it back where I fount it.

A calm small lake.

So what mental hospital will I go too? bluetongue.gif

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

Hrmmm hem hem hem. Let's seee....

I see... myself. No, not really, actually. I'm sorry for lying to you sad.gif Anyway, I -actually- saw one of my friends (who is a girl, ... just in case that changes how clinically insane I'm considered to be ShiftyEyes_anim.gif )...

HOLY KRAKATOA IT'S A KOALA BEAR! Tasty.

Well, since we're saying what we thought of -first-... I'll guess I'll be honest. I hugged it really tight and, in doing so, picked it up (while hugging it) and moved it to the side, thus clearing the way. Wither! Wohin! I now have a clear path. I continue on.

It's big and two storied, and plastery, and painted a lovely beige color, with black shingley things on the roof lined with white wood. And there a brick chimney coming out of one part of it. It's also got a green grassy lawn in front.

Oh, yes. A white picket one. There's a gate directly out across the lawn from the from door, above which is a trellis.

A well? What the fruitcake? How long has -that- been there? Oh well. Must've been invisible before. Anyway, the circulary part is made of stone and goes up to about one's waist. Then there's a little construct of wood that goes up above it, which has a bar around which is a rope connected to a bucket with a crank. I guess you could say the bucket's the drinking utensil, but... that's not what I imagined. I imagined this funny metal ladle thing that you'd drink with... anyway... XD

Throw it into the endless abyss of the well. Eeheehee!

Why, it's a river, of course! It's nice and pollution free, and fishless. It's not really wide -- perhaps... five meters across and a few deep? The water's nice and cool.

Oh, and... I thought of all this -before- reading other people's, so... the similarities between Rylkan and my wells is... merely coincidence bluetongue.gif

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Rylkan {lang:icon}

• Dirty Panda
  • Icon

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

biglaugh.gif I just copied what you were going to post before you posted it, thats all.

And go Tauroid homes! (No, I never would WANT one, just first thing that came to mind. bluetongue.gif My dream home is way cooler. grnwink.gif Maybe a Sphere.)
/God> rm *

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users