Your Guild Needs You

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:58 AM

I know that I keep posting these things, and many of us think "it's just talk"... But it's only talk if we leave the discussion to rot. bluetongue.gif

I'm calling upon all our active members to realize our guild again! We all want activity, both on our community and in our guild. SeeD can make an intrepid return to Runescape, DoA can continue to grow and improve, new factions can emerge and succeed, and our community can always use more active discussions! Activity is the one thing we need. As we grow and improve, it'll become easier and easier, as well as more and more rewarding!

The first steps are always the hardest, and we need to take them again. Worry not, because they don't have to be difficult! If our active members get behind the same goal, under the same fundamental ideas that used to support our guild, then there will be nothing to it. Please consider the following, and let's not allow yet another opportunity to disappear into the dark, spider-infested depths of our forums. bluetongue.gif

Member Leadership
... is the most fundamental aspect of our guild. Simply put, it's members doing most stuff without having to first get permission from a hierarchical "leader". Recruiting, events, shops, "mercenary" groups, contests, games (you just lost biglaugh.gif ), tournaments, newsletters, and more have all been organized by members without any "leader" intervention. We also had Gardens, which are similar to today's Factions.

It wasn't work, either. Members could use our guild as a launch platform for their own stuff in the games they play. They could also enhance the guild for themselves and for others. It's easy for the members, and also allows the ranked "leaders" to focus on other things... From my perspective, updating the site. From others' perspectives, perhaps working on the big picture without having to worry about every moving part in our guild.

Recruiting
... should never be discouraged. There is no realistic method that causes any lasting damage. Even running around yelling "Want to join a guild?", while perhaps not the best method, is harmless for our guild and community. Any recruiting method helps our guild. In 2002, we simply encouraged recruiting. Not a certain method of recruiting, but just recruiting. We had the right priorities, and knew how great the need was for new activity. We have the same exact need today. We should therefore encourage recruiting as we once did! thumb.gif

Being too afraid of mistakes just makes things boring. We need to learn to push the edge once again... We're not nearly as vulnerable as some of us may think. bluetongue.gif Recruiting is no different. If you want to recruit, just do what seems to work for you. If it's posting on other communities, that's great. Events? That's good too. Open in-game recruiting? Even that will help a lot.

Events
... are always good, but not a prerequisite for anything. Try to push events during recruitment, not before or after. Over time the events will grow, just like our guild! We're doing pretty well with events right now, but you can never have too many. Remember that you can also post "sign on now" threads for spontaneous events... They don't all need planning. yes.gif

Be Like SeeD
... and do whatever you want! Just remember that when our members don't take advantage of their capabilities, our guild breaks down. Our members drive it, but when they let go of the wheel, where will it go? eek4.gif

We're starting to come back to our senses a little bit, but too few of us are realizing it. This doesn't have to be difficult at all! It's sure difficult for two or three of us alone to revive an entire guild, but what if our whole active guild once again gets behind a goal? It wasn't a hierarchical leader who made SeeD possible in the beginning. It was our members.

Today it can be you!

Join me now, and let's realize our guild once again.
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:57 AM

I've been PMing recruitment info to people who post those "LFGuild" topics lately.

So there angry-smiley-019.gif

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:40 AM

Aye, fairly good points. I've been disappearing far too much recently, and will probably have less spare time in the weeks to come. I'll try to devote some of that to some GW recruiting though. I've said it a few times, but our best bet there is to try to get newbies in. Most players already have a guild by the time they're experienced, and those that don't are usually guildhoppers who only stay an hour or so. We need to do large-scale recruiting in newbie areas, then give them the help they need to improve. It's not a quick-fix solution, but it's more likely to mean those that stay have a sense of gratitude and inclusion. If everyone gives recruitment a shot, it won't take very much effort.

I think the easiest way would be open recruiting in a populated district, but try to give a good indication of what our guild is about if you can. PvE, friendly, laid-back, that kind of thing. The fact that we have a hall, forums, ventrilo, etc. can be useful in that regard too. Might be useful to exchange a few words with people who are interested, to get a feel for whether they'll fit in with us or not. Most importantly, be aware that probably at least half of the people invited won't stay with us, the trick is to keep at it and do enough recruiting that we get the cool people who do stay, too.

Anyone is able to do this, members are more than welcome to PM me (or the other officers) the names of who to invite. I know we've been going through a quiet time recently, but I think it'd be good to do something about that.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

It seems to me that a few people really try hard to recruit and attend events, but then there are people who seem to hesitate, and think.."They don't need me". Kinda getting annoying really =/

If you join SeeD, you don't join it to just sit there, you join to make friends and have fun with events and generally enjoy playing the games you play and chatting on the forums, but you gotta help with that.

I have been trying, but I know I can try better, more events etc bluetongue.gif Its just harder because spontaneous families seem to be getting more common XD Plus exams and coursework >.<

But still! I will try harder :O

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

How hard should it be for our guild to accomplish this? For one member to do it alone... That would be tough. For three of us, it's still difficult. What about ten? Twenty? Half our active members?

All of us who want activity in our guild?

It's easy to say "Someone should do this". However, we shouldn't look around to find a few who will do it for everyone. We should try to work together and make it work! thumb.gif

The combined effort makes it easy for an individual. It doesn't have to be a big deal for you, or for anyone else. Not only will it be easier for us if we organize, but we'll be able to accomplish more than if we rely on a few of us to do everything. Like Charlie said... Stuff happens for an individual. Real life and other factors can make things difficult for a member here. Our guild, however, is constant. Our guild doesn't have exams, vacations, classes, or work...

Why rely on an individual, when we can rely on each other? Rely on our guild?

I know that we all want more activity. Why would you join a guild if you were satisfied with inactivity? I also know that there's interest in these discussions, and perhaps in the plans. However, right now it seems that we have an audience instead of a guild.

Please answer the call, because we need your help! thumb.gif
Posted Image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Battle of Yavin veteran.
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

True to the point Cspace, I agree that it is somewhat sad to see so many of these "activity" posts being made. A Clan is: "a group united by a common interest or common characteristics.

SeeD, let alone Curvedspace, can't prosper if only the staff and a few members run the place. EVERYONE needs to make, attend, and help lead events. Yes the wilderness is gone, but now we can fight united as a clan together. All it takes is for you to set aside a small time of the day in future, post an event, and show up to lead it. Doing this will help us grow together and get to know one another, it will also show other clans/members that we are all active and loyal to seeD. By having large events, you can also get other RS user's interested in joining our great clan. TheSmile.gif

Nice 3-5 people events are great, but i'd also like to see wars or mulitple events within one week. You may say this is impossible, but look at how much time you spend on the forums? 99% of you on here more than the game you actually play (even me). Yes its important to be active on the site, but we can't just talk the talk, and not walk the walk. Creating a little 15-30 min pk trip is no big deal for most people on here, and I believe that everyone, can show up to at least one event per month, this is including life issues and school. Just make a date and show-up, and your felllow clanmates will do the rest.

All I want to see is activeness, if it causes you to lose some forum time then so be it. But right now activity is the key to everything. Please dont respond saying that this is good speech, or "yea I can do that". Instead prove your beliefs by making an event, attending other member's events, and above all, having a blast with each other on the events. We are here to have fun and make friends, and the best way to do that is by playing the game together and united under one banner! thumb.gif

So make and event today to help seeD grow strong! thumb.gif

Posted Image
^ Don't underestimate Google. ^

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:37 AM

Moving this to Announcements.
Posted Image

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zziggywolf5 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

Cosmic Question: Does the top topic in the top forum need bumped?
Anyway, I'm kind of at a loss at the current time in brain-power and enthusiasm. I'll actually talk/do something later.

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Jul 17 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I endorse stalking. :thumb:

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

Cosmic Question: Does the top topic in the top forum need bumped?

Only those with a high Bumping level should attempt it. eek4.gif

... Mine is 93 so far. ShiftyEyes_anim.gif
Posted Image

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Posted Image

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Charlie {lang:icon}

• *lick*
  • Icon

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

Ooo powerful words eek4.gif

What I think would be a good idea, is to get a few really dedicated members to focus on recruiting. People who won't forget, and who can be bothered (not saying most people here would not bother). Something like this.

Personally (this is just my opinion) I reckon you should choose people to ask to do this, rather then ask for volunteers, because sometimes from what I've seen people have volunteered then forgot all about it >.<

Just my views really..I think this could work if we push hard enough.

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

*Bump*
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic