Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

I figured that I would start another entertaining debate. bluetongue.gif

Forget politics, let's debate UFO's. eek4.gif
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

Blasphemy! We all know that humans are divine and that the earth is flat and that that the entire universe revolves around the earth and that UFOs are on account of demon possession. grnwacko.gif

On the more serious side, I'm going to take the conspiracy theorist route and say that governments are doing secret things we normal folk don't know about. 2eyes.gif
<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zziggywolf5 {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Well, UFOs are "Unidentified Flying Objects," so any object that flies and can't be identified is a UFO. grnwink.gif
Anyway, do I believe that life exists on other planets? Yes. Do I believe that the government habitually lies to us? Yes. However, I doubt UFOs are actually alien spacecrafts. The amount of time to come here is enormous. Unless the aliens are able to warp space/time or are extremely long-lived, I don't see how they could get to Earth alive.
UFOs are most likely from Earth. Government aircraft being tested, spying, or something else the United States or whoever would not like others to know about.

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Jul 17 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I endorse stalking. :thumb:

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Aaron {lang:icon}

• Hai
  • Icon

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

I'm fairly sure that UFOs are classified projects of the United States military. I'm sure there are some secret civilian UFOs as well.

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jakethecheesepuff {lang:icon}

• Jakethecheesepuff
  • Icon

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Zziggywolf5 @ Mar 9 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, UFOs are "Unidentified Flying Objects," so any object that flies and can't be identified is a UFO. grnwink.gif
Anyway, do I believe that life exists on other planets? Yes. Do I believe that the government habitually lies to us? Yes. However, I doubt UFOs are actually alien spacecrafts. The amount of time to come here is enormous. Unless the aliens are able to warp space/time or are extremely long-lived, I don't see how they could get to Earth alive.
UFOs are most likely from Earth. Government aircraft being tested, spying, or something else the United States or whoever would not like others to know about.

Wow. You know a lot about UFOs. Sigh. I wish i knew something.
Won't you stay for brunch?

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Huh?

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Owenskie {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:18 AM

I don't believe in UFOs... its just the product of a creative imagination then trying to put in reality

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   delta_3mo {lang:icon}

• Master Tink3r
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Atilla @ Mar 8 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blasphemy! We all know that humans are divine and that the earth is flat and that that the entire universe revolves around the earth and that UFOs are on account of demon possession. grnwacko.gif

AMEN! biglaugh.gif

srrsly though, UFO's are probablly just experimental new planes. and yes, im quite sure the govt. lies to us on a regular basis [i.e. the 700 billion $$ bailout was probablly just a rouse to get more funding for secret expirimentation. thumb.gif ].

i mean, i could throw a shoe past your face and if you didnt get a good look at it, it would be an unidentifyed flying object.

as for alien life-forms on other planets, i totally wanna believe that they exist [but they dont]! earth has already been mapped and were not just gonna find some new un-explored continent on the other side of the planet.

aliens would make life exciting.
Supa pahti! Fantastic spahkaru! Let's gooh nambah waan!

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Troll {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

In reply to delta LOLOL3MO.

If space is potentially infinite, then nothing is impossible.

Also I like the Sarcasm in this topic.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

UFOs? Yes. I believe they exist, in the sense that they are piloted by creatures perhaps not of this world. There is no way to completely rule out life elsewhere in the universe, and as that variable stands, there is no way to say that these creatures haven't advanced technology to a level we can't even fathom.

Think about it. Only 15 or so years ago, my parents had a business that had a computer the size of two large office rooms. That same computers processing power is matched today by a laptop.

I think it's incredibly selfish of us to assume (You know what happens when you do thaaaat) that we're alone in the universe. Allow me to attempt to humble you by showing you why life elsewhere in the universe is such a massive possibility.

QUOTE (Calvin and Hobbes)
I think the surest sign that there's extraterrestrial life out there is that none of it has tried to make contact with us.

Check this out.

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   delta_3mo {lang:icon}

• Master Tink3r
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hey, I want UFOs [aliens] to exist as much as the next guy, if not more.

Look at it this way... If they have the capability to make it to Earth and want to make contact with us, why havent they landed on the front lawn of The White House?

...and if they are advanced enough to make it to Earth from where ever they live, and they want to stay hidden, how have we seen them?

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Res {lang:icon}

• Ol' Crazy Res
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

Delta, the very next chance you get, I want you to go up to a group of complete strangers in a public place, pick one of them out, and repeat the following in one of the loudest voices you can manage.

Hi. My name is (Whatever your name is), and I've been watching you for a long time. I finally managed to find the courage in me to come say hello and now I want to see if we can be friends.

After that monologue, I want you to describe three very odd facts about yourself, and then see what that person does. Record their reaction and tell me what they do.

It wouldn't be much different than what would happen if extraterrestrials did come down and say ""Sup?" Perhaps they know we're afraid of them. They very well mean no harm, but you know how we humans are! If it's different, do your best to kill it.

Look, I'm not from another planet (Some girls may swear their life on it, though) so I can't speak for whatever may be out there. Maybe they're intuitive enough to know that if they did make themselves known, it would throw the entire -planet- off its rocker. Not everyone would be "Whomg aliens! awesome!"

But yeah. Do that suggestion and let me know how it goes down. If you pick a girl to do it to, I'm not responsible if you get maced or worse. <3
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be "The One".
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Zziggywolf5 {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (delta_3mo @ Oct 9 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at it this way... If they have the capability to make it to Earth and want to make contact with us, why havent they landed on the front lawn of The White House?

Because our response would be to evacuate before shooting at the ship and anything that may come out. And if it flew away to escape, we'd probably just launch fighter jets or missiles.

QUOTE (JGJTan @ Jul 17 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I endorse stalking. :thumb:

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jakethecheesepuff {lang:icon}

• Jakethecheesepuff
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

UFO's are fake and for druggies
Won't you stay for brunch?

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   delta_3mo {lang:icon}

• Master Tink3r
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Res @ Oct 9 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Delta, the very next chance you get, I want you to go up to a group of complete strangers in a public place, pick one of them out, and repeat the following in one of the loudest voices you can manage.

Hi. My name is (Whatever your name is), and I've been watching you for a long time. I finally managed to find the courage in me to come say hello and now I want to see if we can be friends.

After that monologue, I want you to describe three very odd facts about yourself, and then see what that person does. Record their reaction and tell me what they do.

It wouldn't be much different than what would happen if extraterrestrials did come down and say ""Sup?" Perhaps they know we're afraid of them. They very well mean no harm, but you know how we humans are! If it's different, do your best to kill it.

Look, I'm not from another planet (Some girls may swear their life on it, though) so I can't speak for whatever may be out there. Maybe they're intuitive enough to know that if they did make themselves known, it would throw the entire -planet- off its rocker. Not everyone would be "Whomg aliens! awesome!"

But yeah. Do that suggestion and let me know how it goes down. If you pick a girl to do it to, I'm not responsible if you get maced or worse. <3

alright, ill post it tom. girls at my sch00l, watch out. thumb.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users