Tonight's Changes

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Administrator

Post icon  Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:25 AM

~~Maxi: Steam Group is up as of 30th of April. Make sure to exit out of 'Arbiters' and join the Curvedspace Community~~

I got enough feedback here, on MSN, and from people I know, for me to feel comfortable with trying out the new plan. It may seem odd, but let's give it a try. If it's a disaster, I can change things back, but I would rather adapt the new thing based on suggestions before switching everything around again.

I'll explain everything tomorrow, but I'll provide a summary now:

- There is no longer an Arbiters' Order. Well, there is, but it's in DarkStorm where the name came from. Everything here is CurvedSpace now.

- DoA, and possible future guilds, are now in the "Members' Guilds" category. From now on it will be a big deal to start a new one.

- The secondary forums of CurvedSpace were divided between three divisions. SeeD handles gaming and entertainment, Shinra (going along with the FF theme) is the administrative division, and there is an un-named division for the intellectual stuff. Members can join a division and contribute to their area, or perhaps become leaders there depending on how members want to organize. Check a specific division for information.

- Tiers, Spheres, and Titles do not exist anymore. They were archived. Now the fields are "Division" and "Division Role".

- SeeD was assimilated into CurvedSpace, and is now indirectly part of the gaming division (called SeeD thumb.gif ). For simplicity, we can use the name CurvedSpace when doing stuff in RS, because that's much more Google-friendly than "SeeD".

- We're now officially a gaming community, not a multi-game guild. That doesn't mean we won't have events and do stuff like we always have! Check out SeeD for details.

- Maxi plans to restart our Steam Group with a different name. He can choose the name and start the group when he's ready, but until then keep using the current one.

Again, if something doesn't quite make sense, just ask questions! I'll post more information tomorrow. yes.gif
Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

So there is no "RuneScape Guild" then?

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (CKimalot @ Apr 9 2008, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at the moment, but RS is part of our gaming division. Most of us saw our RS guild as a community, and I don't think there was much ambition to push it as a guild. We can still have events just as easily though, and that's one of the purposes of today's SeeD.

Anticipating that it will return someday, I left the RS guild forums untouched.
Posted Image

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Cspace @ Apr 9 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at the moment, but RS is part of our gaming division. Most of us saw our RS guild as a community, and I don't think there was much ambition to push it as a guild. We can still have events just as easily though, and that's one of the purposes of today's SeeD.

I have to agree about it being seen as a community, and not a guild, and as such I understand the decision. It would be a good idea to move some of the topics into the new SeeD forum though, for example the goal topics [since many have already thriving goal topics] and I see no reason for them to have to create new ones.

If I understand the new forum correctly, it is for all games we play whether as a clan/guild or individually? Just checking. arcadefreak.gif

Posted Image

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

I have to agree about it being seen as a community, and not a guild, and as such I understand the decision. It would be a good idea to move some of the topics into the new SeeD forum though, for example the goal topics [since many have already thriving goal topics] and I see no reason for them to have to create new ones.

Good idea. thumb.gif

I just moved some stuff. If anyone would like something else moved, just let me know.

If I understand the new forum correctly, it is for all games we play whether as a clan/guild or individually? Just checking.

Yep, pretty much. Balamb Garden is the place for guild-like stuff, and the Game Room is the place for individual stuff or gaming in general.
Posted Image

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Cspace @ Apr 9 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, pretty much. Balamb Garden is the place for guild-like stuff, and the Game Room is the place for individual stuff or gaming in general.

Got you. thumb.gif

Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Maxi {lang:icon}

• Is it Pie? I hope it's Pie.
  • Icon

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Just to note, I'm looking for a suitable prefix for our soon-to-be-newly-created Steam group, like [AR] in the last one. Although I won't be forcing anyone to use the prefix we select (I know I will probably not use it), the group panel still needs one in order to be created.

Since it's probably just going to be called CurvedSpace, or CurvedSpace community, something along those lines would be nice. If you have any ideas then PM me here or IM me on MSN (Don't be afraid to send one even if I'm offline, I get them anyway).
Posted Image

Master Of Stuff said:

If he does start posting like before, Give him the ban-hammer like Maxi recommended and suggest that he cancel his subscription to "Internet Tough Guy" Magazine.

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Battle of Yavin veteran.
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Cspace @ Apr 9 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Runescape for life m8's!
We fight until death, and fear nothing!
for the glory of seeD

Posted Image
^ Don't underestimate Google. ^

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

I'd totally be in on the Steam community.

Day of Defeat anyone?
<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:46 AM

Cspace. My love. For you. Invaluable.

...your signature. It's huge. I stare at it. borgsmile.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Maxi {lang:icon}

• Is it Pie? I hope it's Pie.
  • Icon

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

Updated first post. New steam group is up.
Posted Image

Master Of Stuff said:

If he does start posting like before, Give him the ban-hammer like Maxi recommended and suggest that he cancel his subscription to "Internet Tough Guy" Magazine.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users