• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Computer

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

This thread is now about putting macs to shame.

<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   San Dani L {lang:icon}

• Addict
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Overkill.

Rs stats:

Att: 90/90
Str: 90/90
Def: 99/99
Hp: 93/93
Pray: 70/70
Sum: 50/50
Combat: 121 p2p 115 f2p

-Quit RuneScape 1.7.2008-

#19 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Elvenblader {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

Alright, Alright you guy's want to hear a first hand account of vista. I honestly am tired of this day and night vista hating. Let me break this down very simply. Computers and upgrades go through various product cycles. What you spend $1,000+ this year will not be worth crap next year. It's how computers go. What is cutting edge this cycle is beaten out even slightly by well something the next cycle. The 8800 Ultra was the king of the hill for 18 months. And believe me that was a hell of an 18 months, but in the end it got ousted by a card that is cheaper and has more output. The good ol 8800GTS 512. The point is this, whether it be PC mac your computer is going to be worth less after you build it. This is a fact of life, you must come to accept it and leave it at that. Moving onto something else.

Mac's are nice pieces of hardware for the types of people that are artistic and want something user friendly. Honestly it's not amusing to say the least, the Mac vs PC debate has been going on since the birth if the unix. The point is this, like Mac get mac. PC has the gaming scene and then some. I used a mac back in 11th grade for a semester. I absolutely hated the mac. I could not stand that that I was using a two button optical mouse and honestly could not stand being unable to use the second button. Added on though, when using any version of windows, I was glad I had the right click. But, to not dawdle, when using Apple's OS I felt that I simple things required more work than versus Windows. Making a simple shortcut or trying to find a simple file was nothing short of an irritation. Felt like I had to put in twice the effort to do a simple task.

Next thing on the agenda. Please oh please, for the love of all that's IT based, will everyone please stop bashing on Vista? Your talking to someone who has been using Windows Vista Ultimate since June of this year. I nuked my entire hard drive and must say it has been a work of progress. It is amazingly fun to use and surprisingly is not the slow piece of crap that many people claim it to be. Microsoft and the manufacturers foo bared big time when they made the Vista Certification program. They knew that there was a difference between Vista capable and Vista Compatible. The latter being able to run Vista without much trouble. I don't want to delve into the trouble with Vista. Gaming wise on vista has been nothing short of sweet. I am absolutely in love with how vista can take video ram and use it much better. Rather than consuming it like crazy, it manages it much better, games explorer is something else that is very well used. Added on though, the ability to take some of my system RAM and turn it to video memory is very interesting to say the least. Performance is like this on Vista, it's great and only is going to get better later on. I was on the original, "Beat down Vista" bandwagon before it came out, but I clearly stated this. I would wait at least the until the first service pack came out. Now Troll, if your trolling the forums, XP is going to cost you a lot less than buying a mac. You would have a better investment than per say buying a mac. Leave it at that. If you really just save $100 you could build an excellent $800 gaming machine that is nearly capable of doing anything you need and then some. My system set me back $650 and believe me, it is very capable and then some.

That is all I have to say for now. Leave the fanboyisms at the door and let's talk facts and experiences before delving whose computer is better.

A Proud Member of the VGVN

One World, One People

"A Bullet Between the Eyes Equals Ultimate Demise" -Insane_Maniac-

#20 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

You guys killed my computer.

But still, I hardly PC game any more. If I do it's on a Java program, and guess what. JAVA WORKS ON INTEL MACS!

I don't want it for gaming. (n)

I just want a nice, easy to use computer that doesn't get viruses or {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}.

#21 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

Let me break this down as simple as I possibly can.

Lets say, someone invents a suite of perfect benchmarks that can perfectly test a system's performance, regardless of OS and drivers, and assign this performance a numerical value. Lets say a value of 1 is an 8088 machine, and a 100 is the absolute fastest you can possibly make a desktop run. (Liquid nitrogen cooled, fastest quad on the market, 4 of the fastest video cards in existence, and the fastest RAM, solid state drives, all over clocked like crazy)
Stfu, I know it's impossible, but this is hypothetical.

Lets say I'm going computer shopping in a retail store that has the same prices as newegg.

Side by side there's 3 computers. Each $1000USD before tax or whatever
One Mac
One PC
And a pile of PC parts totaling $1000 tossed into a bin.

In front of these 3 systems there is the performance index number. The Mac says 60, the PC says 70, and the pile says anywhere from 75-80, varying week to week.

What would be a better initial investment Jordan?
Keeping in mind the fact that PCs can be upgraded by a flipperhanded retarded child (assuming you give flipper the right parts). Which is the better long term investment?

Now, assuming you're capable, lets take into account piracy! A bootleg copy of windows can save hundreds, and a cracked version of NOD32 saves me around $50 a year, and protects me extremely well against any threats against my PC that I bring upon myself.
PC > Mac

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elven, I think a lot of the vista hate is because it's different. I'd rather use XP myself, just because of the familiarity, but the reason I have vista on my laptop is so I don't fall behind everything. The more I use it, the more I like it.
If peerguardian ran on vista I'd change to vista on my desktop.
That said, the only thing keeping me from changing to linux/XP on my laptop is my own lazyness. My laptop is powerful, and very vista/aero/gaming capable, but I'd appreciate the extra battery power XP would give me. And as someone trying to get abachelors in computer science, being familiar with linux is pretty much an unwritten requirement.

Edit: I would like to add another anti-mac point. Macs are not super secure bunkers of computing that those retarded as sh­it mac vs pc commercials say they are. The reason they appear secure is because noone wants to bother hacking them. It's security through obscurity.

#22 {lang:macro__useroffline}   santaseed {lang:icon}

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

Jordan, get a mac. F what these nerds say

#23 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Yevgeny Borisovitch Volgin {lang:icon}

• Metal Gear enthusiast
  • Icon

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:00 AM

And you know what the funny thing is.

This is a debate about computers.

Which, at the end of the day, do practically the same damned things.
(wyv btw)
Posted Image

#24 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jake {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

Exactly, macs are JUST as capable as PCs. The problem is that macs are far, far more expensive.

#25 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Atilla {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, macs are JUST as capable as PCs.

Except when it comes to gaming.
<b>(\__/)</b>
<b>(='.'=)</b> This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
<b>(")_(")</b> him on his way to world domination.

#26 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Troll {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

Elvenblader, nice post, but its Xmadole wanting the new PC/Mac. grnwink.gif

#27 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Moogalite {lang:icon}

• Mildy Sarcastic
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

Tbh Jake your argument about pirating xp isn't as valid since its pretty dam easy to make a hackintosh these days grnwink.gif
Cheap prices and OSX.
I am unbiased on this as I like to run multiple OSes on my machines as each is good for certain things.

#28 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Battle of Yavin veteran.
  • Icon

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

heres the new comp im getting soon. =D

http://www.hp.com/un...chsmart/#/Main/

Posted Image
^ Don't underestimate Google. ^

#29 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Aaron {lang:icon}

• Hai
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Touching the screen all the time would get highly annoying.

#30 {lang:macro__useroffline}   The BlackOpps {lang:icon}

• Battle of Yavin veteran.
  • Icon

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Sep 7 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Touching the screen all the time would get highly annoying.

...I like touching.

*touches aaron*

Posted Image
^ Don't underestimate Google. ^

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users