Rules 'n' Such READ BEFORE POSTING [Updated April 29, '10]

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Not impressed, darling.
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:47 AM

-::General Discussion Guidelines::-

Refers to these as rules to fit into the community. :) These are not engraved in stone; these are guidelines that you should follow in order to fit into the community, since if you break any of these you may not actually be harming anyone (with the obvious exception of flaming). It's very important that you READ these, because if you continuously break any of these rules, you reveal yourself as a threat to this community's atmosphere, and will be treated accordingly.

#1 Read the General Rules page first. Anything covered there is probably not repeated here.

#2 General Discussion is for, well, general discussion.
"Come here to discuss anything," even if it would fit "better" in a forum that covers a more specific range of topics. The rule of thumb is to either post in General Discussion and receive quick un-targeted views, or post in a specialized forum and receive targeted views and a longer thread life, but the choice is yours.

#3 Regarding alternate accounts... If you have been banned and decide to return on an alternate name, your posts will be deleted no matter how relevant or useful. Your account will also be banned, and your punishment increased. If you need to say something and have been banned, contact an admin or trusted member via email or a messenger program.

If you haven't been banned, but make multiple accounts, it is fine. As long as you do not cause trouble with them, such as spamming polls, getting "more people on your side," etc.. This could either be a serious or minor situation, which the moderators can judge accordingly. Most likely, if you abuse your multiple accounts, you will simply not be able to have more than one account anymore.

It is advised that if you are a newcomer, you do not make multiple accounts, so that other members of CurvedSpace get a chance to know you first.

#4 No advertisements here. No ads for websites should be posted here; it is likely to be deleted. If you would like to advertise a clan, please post here. Advertising anywhere else is likely to be deleted. If you register only to advertise, and you do so very excessively, we will assume you are a bot and will ban your IP address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warnings In Regard to The Above Rules:

The Mods will be quite lenient with warnings. As long as you are not hurting anyone/thing by breaking the rules, the Mods will simply give you verbal warnings. However, if you choose to disregard what mods advise you to do, and continue to break these rules, you may end up getting formally warned. Why? Because you're posing a potential problem to the atmosphere of the community by ignoring our guidelines. Newcomers will be shown more leniency than others, but most of what we ask for is common sense (it's not too difficult). :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sincerely,
The CurvedSpace Moderating Team.
(Moderators for General Discussion are Jake, The Game, and Zziggywolf5.)

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Baseballl {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:38 PM

I would like to make a correction. Rule 2, Don't delete any posts, they should be seen by myself or someone of a higher rank before it is deleted.
Alex

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, I saw that... what I meant by "closed or deleted" was that I would close it and, if necessary, ask permission to delete it. Bleh.
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Grimbold {lang:icon}

• Mandalore owns you.
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 23 August 2003 - 05:30 PM

Flaming is a big no-no. Doesn't happen in my board. Period. Otherwise I'll use my DL-44 Heavy Mod Pistol on you. And I can assure you, that won't be pleasant. Also, I will not hesitate to warn if you start cussing alot. Once or twice in a post one in a while is ok, I guess, but anything repeat offenders WILL be warned. Anyone who swears alot in one post will be also.

CODE
ooooooooo.   ooooo   .oooooo.   oooo    oooo ooooo        oooooooooooo .o.
`888   `Y88. `888'  d8P'  `Y8b  `888   .8P'  `888'        `888'     `8 888
888   .d88'  888  888           888  d8'     888          888         888
888ooo88P'   888  888           88888[       888          888oooo8    Y8P
888          888  888           888`88b.     888          888    "    `8'
888          888  `88b    ooo   888  `88b.   888       o  888       o .o.
o888o        o888o  `Y8bood8P'  o888o  o888o o888ooooood8 o888ooooood8 Y8P

This post has been edited by Phieta: 25 December 2004 - 07:54 AM

The Few. The Proud. The Jews.
user posted image

#5 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Phieta {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:30 PM

New rule: If you have been banned and come here on an alternate name, your posts will be deleted no matter how relevant or useful.
Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

#6 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Phieta @ Mar 25 2004, 07:30 PM)
New rule: If you have been banned and come here on an alternate name, your posts will be deleted no matter how relevant or useful.

... And any mod can do that in their board(s) from now on as well. grnwink.gif

Thanks for posting this Phieta.
Posted Image

#7 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Goto {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

A pickle in the post is worth two turkeys in the bush? icon_sweatdrop.gif

Don't think that's how the saying goes...

Anyway, I claim this pickle in the name of Star, who found it herself and tried to force me to take credit for it. bluetongue.gif

ooooooooo.   ooooo   .oooooo.   oooo    oooo ooooo        oooooooooooo .o.
`888   `Y88. `888'  d8P'  `Y8b  `888   .8P'  `888'        `888'     `8 888
888   .d88'  888  888           888  d8'     888          888         888
888ooo88P'   888  888           88888[       888          888oooo8    Y8P
888          888  888           888`88b.     888          888    "    `8'
888          888  `88b    ooo   888  `88b.   888       o  888       o .o.
o888o        o888o  `Y8bood8P'  o888o  o888o o888ooooood8 o888ooooood8 Y8P

Ehehe, quote didn't quite work, so...

Pickle is 3 posts ^ that way ^

#8 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Star Jedi {lang:icon}

• Icon
  • Group: Community Admin

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:41 PM

But.. the pickle should go to you because I cheated in finding it.. And I wouldn't of found it if you hadn't told me too biglaugh.gif

#9 {lang:macro__useroffline}   it is I and I is me {lang:icon}

• Officially the most evil avatar on SeeD
  • Icon
  • Group: New Member

Post icon  Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(Phieta @ Aug 23 2003, 07:47 PM)
Phieta's stuff:

1. Don't spam. Spamming is defined as "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages," or in some cases, "Stupid Posts Annoying Moderators." "Stupid" can usually be replaced by "short" as well. In other words, spam is anything unrelated to the topic (For instance, putting "cow poop... natural fertilizer... makes it sound better doesn't it" in a topic about where you work). If it deosn't add to the discussion, it is spam. So don't spam. If the topic itself is spam, it will be closed. If it's just a reply, I'll give you a reminder thingy. If it gets too insane, I'll drop-kick it over to Rylkan and the Insanity Board mods.

2. Don't post anything that would be inappropriate for those under 18... and never, EVER flame, insult, put down, slam, etc another member. I have no problem warning, closing, requesting a delete, etc.

3A. This is for discussions. According to a dictionary thingy, this means "consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate." So... only discussions should go here, but ANYTHING goes in the Chatting Zone. Sometimes the difference is obvious, sometimes not. Don't worry about it too much, but think before you post.

3B. If it would fit in another forum (Video Game Galaxy, Media Center, and all those), I will leave it here unless A) You want it moved; B) A mod of that forum wants it moved; C) it is heavily related to that forum (worthy of pinning); or D) It is SeeD- or RuneScape- related, in which case it will be moved to SeeD Inn no matter what.

3C. "Moved Topic" links will remain here until 1 week after the move, or until the original poster replies to the topic in question.

4. If you want your topic moved or closed, or want the title changed, PM me. I'll do it.

5. If you have been banned and decide to return on an alternate name, your posts will be deleted no matter how relevant or useful.

Additionally, if all I'm posting in a topic is mod-related, I may edit it into your topic instead of replying. This saves space. Edit, don't double-post!

Sorry if I sound like a Nazi Mod.

Cspace's addition to Phieta's stuff:

5. No ads for websites should be posted here (applies more to CurvedSpace). Instead, post them in the Chatting Zone as long as the site is not competing with ours.

Grimbold's stuff:

Flaming is a big no-no. Doesn't happen in my board. Period. Otherwise I'll use my DL-44 Heavy Mod Pistol on you. And I can assure you, that won't be pleasant. Also, I will not hesitate to warn if you start cussing alot. Once or twice in a post one in a while is ok, I guess, but anything repeat offenders WILL be warned. Anyone who swears alot in one post will be also.

There you have it. The rules are rather simple, they just sound menacing... but if you don't follow, you'll be slain by Phieta's user posted imageModerating Rod (or "Mod Rod" for short), Grimmy's *insert picture here* DL-44 Heavy Mod Pistol, or Muler's... whatever he wants his mod weapon to be.

Have fun... er... discussing!

Sincerely,
Grimbold, Muler, and Phieta
{lang:macro__view_post}

hey guys
OH YEAH!

Official member of the 'I-was-a-hot-chick-in-a-past-life' club.

user posted image

user posted image

#10 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Raktor {lang:icon}

• Official SeeD Alcoholic
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:35 AM

Majority rules. If you can't beat them, join them. SPAM!

#11 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

What a strange post. It WAS NEVER HERE.

~ Darkness, 4/23/08

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#12 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

Updated. grnwink.gif
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#13 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Cspace {lang:icon}

• Previously Cspace
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrator

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

Revised 6b due to confusion. thumb.gif
Posted Image

#14 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Dragonman {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:58 AM

Made a little update, mainly just taking out things that don't apply anymore. I think the biggest thing was just cutting down the #6 rule into just one thing (which is actually just the 6b Cspace put up). Also, should the topic title for "Forum "Do"s And "Don't"s" be changed to something else to remove potential confusion between rules threads? Something like "Discuss Forum Ethics".
Posted Image

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
--K

#15 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Jakethecheesepuff {lang:icon}

• Jakethecheesepuff
  • Icon
  • Group: Member

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

Whats that rue about spamming? Thats virually all i do, and im still here......right?

Please dont kick me.
Won't you stay for brunch?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users