CurvedSpace Forums: 14th May 2009 - Development Diary: Fairy Area Improvement - CurvedSpace Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14th May 2009 - Development Diary: Fairy Area Improvement

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Quick find code: 16-17-809-58821091)
Today we’re releasing the second part of fairy area improvement development diary. This part talks about turning the concept art into 3D models, and has some previews of how Zanaris is going to look.

Click here to read it.

Mod Joe
RuneScape Art Director

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Kimojuno {lang:icon}

• W00T! :D
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Global Moderator

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Mod Joe Quick find code: 16-17-809-58821091 Page 11 Post 5)
Hi guys,

Firstly let me just thank everyone who has contributed to this post and asked questions or given us feedback. Secondly thanks everyone who has offered us praise on our artwork so far - it's much appreciated

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions...

"Can we have a downloadable wallpaper of the new fairy area?"
- Yes, we'd be happy to do one for you

"Will we be able to enter tree-houses? Are there any cool features in them? Do players shrink when they enter the houses? Does the player appear larger when inside?"
- Currently there are no plans to be able to enter the really small houses (although this would not be impossible).

"Are you going to add fairy style houses to the Construction skill?"
- Again, there are no plans at this stage, but it wouldn't nesessarily be something I would rule out if we are going to investigate the above point

"Will there be any more Development Diaries on this topic?"
- Yes, we are writing the animation diary right now which will take you guys through the next step in our graphics pipeine.

"What is happening to the non-fairy NPCs? Do cows still talk and such?"
- The non-fairy npcs are still there. Cows still have the power of speech

"Do you have any plans to update Mortania?"
- Good question, glad you asked. We have a big plan of where in the world we want to update. I think Morytania for me certainly could be improved but we would like to focus on some of the really dated parts of the game first, such as the Gnome race and areas and the Dwarves (Koennijssen9 - we are actually looking at the Dwarven Mine right now ). Although we don't have anything set in stone for Morytania itself I can tell you that Vampires are slated for some kind of update. Watch this space TheSmile.gif

"Are you going to update the circus fairies too?"
- Yes, the entire Fairy race will be updated and made consistent, including the Circus ones.

QUOTE (Mod Joe Quick find code: 16-17-809-58821091 Page 11 Post 6)
There were a couple of questions about future graphical updates "Are There Going to be better graphics on trees,armor,weapons?". All I can say at this stage is that trees and some of the basic weapons are being considered at this time. I can't say any more than that - watch this space

In response to some of the queries as to the final colour of the area - don't worry too much, you will almost definitely find the final colour of the area may look different from these screenshots. For me, this is an interesting aspect of us showing you guys a little more of our development process - many things can (and do) change before they are released...

QUOTE (Mod Joe Quick find code: 16-17-809-58821091 Page 11 Post 8)
Yes, we are still planning on releasing the new quest and the graphical update at the same time.

{lang:macro__view_post}Xmadole, on 09 August 2009 - 09:28 AM, said:

i wish i actually read the first post of threads.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users