• {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

DON'T READ THIS

#16 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

OH GOD HERMIONE I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BOGGART.

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”

#17 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Nazē. {lang:icon}

• OGFEWSWCSWOCSUUPOTOFTW
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:57 AM

K so for some reason there isn't Word on my computer yet so I have to save my English prompt stuff somewhere so YEAHH it'll be here so I can print it at school tomorrow.

Theatre is not merely a class, place, lifestyle. It is a passionate form of art. In pursuing it, I am aware of the prevalent view--it is a fruitless ambition and the result of lofty dreams. However, years of training in theatre and performing in plays have taught me to embrace the art as my life's greatest teacher and--consequently--passion.

In an environment of science, math, and English--core classes--I witness another type of curriculum in theatre. Lessons in honesty--to myself and others. Dedication. Human interaction and communication. Understanding the importance of attitude and mentality.

Realizing that the core of theatre (and any other art) is raw human emotion, I gradually formed the link, in my mind, between theatre and psychology. In understanding people, in human contact, there lies a skill in understanding true acting. And in portraying different roles--people with real emotions, thoughts, personalities--one must understand them thoroughly first.

Wanting to integrate my life and build a strong basis, I have decided to double major in theatre and psychology--and rather than taking them as different credits toward separate degrees, I will build two pillars that, leaning against each other, create a foundation for an organic and involved process of learning. Beyond the classrooms, lecture halls, and college dorms, rather than merely taking notes, I hope to take away life lessons. In my pursuit, my goal is to wield education as a tool to transform “lofty” into reachable, and “dreams” into reality.

Theatre is a passionate form of art, and years of training and performance have taught me to embrace it as life's finest teacher.

In theatre, I witness lessons in honesty. Dedication. Human interaction. Attitude, and mentality.

The core of theatre is raw human emotion--I have found the link between it and psychology. Understanding people is a skill in acting. Portraying different roles calls for an understanding of the emotions.

I will double major in theatre and psychology and build twin pillars for an integrated education. Beyond the classrooms, lecture halls, and college dorms, I hope to take away life lessons and wield education, transforming “lofty” into reachable, and “dreams” into reality.
Video of the Week! Click it! ;D (Second attempt!)
Blame it on the Pop

Posted Image
Why yes... I did give in to this here thing above. =O

Hug?

#18 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Darkness {lang:icon}

• CHILDREN!
  • Icon
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:06 AM

Woah, that was awesome.

“In the valley of hope, there is no winter.”