• {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

BeeEllOhGee of OhNine.

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Ratty {lang:icon}

• Bigrat2
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • Group: Super Moderator

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

So... My time capsule last year was pretty pitiful. I think it contained one (really badly) photoshopped image, one sentence, and Charlie whistling.

Oh my god! I've only just now looked back at the earlier time capsules...

2006-2007 was a little bit more eventful. Kinda. bluetongue.gif Although I think there were more pics in there, except they're broken links now sad.gif

Ahaha. Moving on to 2005-2006 - Kinda impressed with this one, definitely my favourite time capsule that i've written so far. I mean. How could it not be, when it's up against those two mentioned earlier and ... *shudders* this next one?

2004-2005 was SCARY. What the hell was I thinking with all those colours? Oh well. It was amusing to read again, anyway. I guess that's the point of these time capsule things. bluetongue.gif

*sigh*

I guess I should stop talking about old time capsules and actually contribute to this years one, eh? Right. So i'm finishing up my third year studying Software Engineering and Melbourne University. It really doesn't feel like i've been studying at university for three years... Time really flies when you're not doing work and playing all the time you enjoy what you're doing.

I've been playing a bit too much TF2 recently. Holy Schnitzle, 593 hours total. I guess now would be a good time to mention that i've recently gotten a new computer.

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 2.67ghz (not overclocked... yet :3)
RAM: 6gb Corsair DDR3 tri-channel @ 1600mhz
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
HDD: 2x1TB seagates and a 750gb WD (whoa whoa 2.75TB)
PSU: Antec TP Quattro 850
Graphics: EVGA gtx275 1792mb :3
Screen: 21" Benq E2200HD (wooo, full HD 1080p xD)
Speakers: Inbuilt into monitor, but they're not that good, tbh. Still using my old headphones. I need a headset with a mic >.<
Keyboard: Razer Acrtosa
Mouse: Logitech G9
Case: Antec 902

And finally...

I'm really happy with it. I can always add another graphics card or more hard drives, so this computer should last me a long time. I've got a fairly good record with computers though. 7 years ago, got an Acer laptop for year 9, and it lasted me until the end of year 12. My mum and sister continued using that one while I got a new Asus laptop, which is now 3 years old. I've learnt my lesson though - never going to buy a high-end laptop again. That Asus laptop cost me more than my current desktop, and relative to current technology at the time of purchase, the desktop is WAY better. So that's a good protip there. Although to be honest, if netbooks had come out and been popular earlier, I would have bought one of those at the end of year 12 instead.

Anyway, graphics in games are awesome. I can't wait this weekend because there's a LAN event called Respawn, and that means lots of file sharing biglaugh.gif Got a few things I want to pick up while there, so can't wait! It's also pretty funny, the group of friends i'm going with is the games club (SEE) at my uni, and we (Or direct friends of ours that go with us) tend to clean up most tournaments at the LAN... Was so funny. The final for the TF2 tournament had two teams - both of which were from SEE XD Oh yeah, should also mention that i'm the Treasurer of the club. Yarr, I have pirate booty. So yeah, means I had to carry around cashbox (With treasure!!) around to events, buy/organise food for meets (every tuesday) and deal with most of the forms for submission to the clubs&societies committee so we can get monies back! Yeah, our university is awesome. You can make clubs which are funded by the university. Basically, depending on the number of members (and whether they're union members) your club can apply for a certain amount of money per year. We could get up to $1500 from the uni for food and prizes and stuff. So back to Treasurer - I didn't realise how much work was involved with it T_T oh well. Only a little bit of time per week for it, and more walking around to buy stuff or go up to C&S to submit forms and stuff.

Uhm. Don't know what to talk about now. Oh yeah, I was talking about mah shiny nuu PC. Also, Windows 7 is pretty awesome. I'm really enjoying it. I haven't had much experience with Vista, but the very little i've had (Looking at others for helping them share folders and change some settings) Windows 7 is WAY better. I can see they've changed stuff to be a bit simpler but still have access to more complicated stuff if you want to. Also that UAC thing - haven't had a problem with that in Windows 7.

Also, it has lots of eyecandy. :3

I guess i'll leave it at that for now.

This kinda feels like a blog entry. sad.gif

Oh well, i'm off to a families birthday party now. Yay for party food for dinner. :3
Empty sig is empty.

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Your 2005 Capsule. :D)
Goals:
100 combat
85 mining
80 smithing
All stats higher than 60
Stay in seed for a few more years to come!! And make a tonne of friends! biglaugh.gif
Have full dragon armour!! *surely they will release dragon plate, large and Kite bluetongue.gif...

Zomfg!

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Yevgeny Borisovitch Volgin {lang:icon}

• Metal Gear enthusiast
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Ratty @ Sep 15 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been playing a bit too much TF2 recently. Holy Schnitzle, 593 hours total. I guess now would be a good time to mention that i've recently gotten a new computer.

Bah. The only reason that my stats aren't that high yet is cos i keep resetting my stats for whatever reason. Derp :3333
(wyv btw)
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • {lang:pm_locked} This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users