Well, yes...hmm.

#1 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• I Can't Decide On An Avatar
  • Icon
  • {lang:view_blog}
  • {lang:view_gallery}
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

You see, my aunt has this {expletive ninja'd by Cspace}ed up old laptop which can barely handle XP. She's complaining to me about me wrecking her computer when it has no antivirus, and under 1 MB of space left on the drive. Anyhow, I installed Fedora Linux on to it and am having some troubles. I've never used Fedora before - but it can't really handle Ubuntu.

So I try to connect to my wireless, hit in the WPA key and it tries to connect for about 5 minutes. After that, it just pops up again asking for the WPA key again. No error message or anything.

Now this is the strange bit.

Inside the form where you enter the WPA there's just a string of letters and numbers - something like f52sf8hdjs or something of the sort. Seriously, the only thing she uses that {expletive hax0rd by Cspace}pile computer for is email and if I can't get that working it sounds like I'm going to have to buy her a brand new netbook.

Does anyone have experience with Fedora and wireless? Because I'm counting on you guys. :P

EDIT --

Some other info that might be relevant. I know it's compatible with wireless since it worked just fine with XP on it (That was several years ago, mind).

It also shows an icon in the tray that says 'Problem with Hard Disk' when clicked.

#2 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

Bam.

#3 {lang:macro__useroffline}   Aaron {lang:icon}

• Hai
  • Icon

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

Xubuntu would be easier.

#4 {lang:macro__useroffline}   x.. {lang:icon}

• Icon

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

{lang:macro__view_post}Aaron, on 24 October 2009 - 12:16 AM, said:

Xubuntu would be easier.

Oh, I lied and she believed me and called some tech support guy, he didn't understand it at all so he just did the same thing that I just did and got it sorted out by some guys on the internet. It's all fine. :P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users